It was asked of me and now I shall ask you... What should I be?

13»

Comments

• ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    Barbarian/Venomancer
    The votes are in and I have been reborn as one of the fishy folk! Psychic here I come... Im on Etherblade if you wanna find me... CalIMeDomino is the name... Grinding is the game... Come find me :)

Hope to see you in game >:D

GreenLegend is my IGN on Etherblade :3

​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Seeker/Mystic
    You had a choice? :O

Now we need screenshots.fox-1.gif​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • astralwalk
    astralwalk Posts: 58 Arc User
    Barbarian/Venomancer
    The only objectively correct class choice would be Veno!
    Veno is love. Veno is life.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Duskblade/Stormbringer
    tet said:

@bloodedone87

1 F2Per: common sense abbreviation for ppl with common sense (not you).

2 Someone who will play for maybe 1-2h per day (he will have to do other stuff in his job in addition) is like a casual player. I have done thousands of BHs with random ppl and I've never seen a casual player tanking anything. Casual players haven't lvl'ed up Meridians, have no good avatars, haven't maxed culti, high levels (104+ x3), haven't done Title quests, haven't maxed their skills = they are always just supporters (purge/debuff or non-factors).

3 Ppl create most casters (except Clerics) for PvP. Hit "t" and check out the classes surround you. Ppl do mainly PvE, that's why most characters are non-casters. In PvE its about "damage over time", in PvP it's all about "damage per hit".

"All" might be exaggerated, but most ppl even don't use more than seven skills per class.

4 Depends on the boss, for many bosses it's the best strategy ("dmg over time")

5 You already said you don't PvP = don't know anything about most parts of the game. Hit "t" or join random squads: sins are the most common class for a reason.
    They can cast "Wolf Emblem", "Maze Steps", "Windpush" and "Inner Harmony" while running.
    Btw, "resist negative status effects" = avoid debuffs = "Tidal Protection"

6 That's why I said that ppl create Psychics mainly for PvP. To be a strong DD they have to go to "Black Vodoo". But in Black Vodoo they are bad tanks = not good to tank in PvE. They are build to deal tough dmg while they are NOT targets = they are build for group/mass PvP.
    And I have never seen any SB tanking any boss in FSP, BH, UCH and so on (any endgame instance).

I'll stop discussion with you at this point because I don't like you and don't want to waste my time to teach you how this game works (and I know you are one of those people which "enjoy" it to be hated. Enjoy.

You need to be teached how the game works. I am not the one that would do that cause I am not an expert but I am clearly better than you in PVE.
    Sins are not the most common class cause they Wolf Emblem and all the other 3 you mentioned which btw are instant cast skills which every class I believe has altleast 1 instant cast skill. And those skills does nothing to help the squad . They only benefits the sins. People wants sins in squad for BP and the fact the good ones can solo most of the bosses or get agro and tank the boss. But not everyone that has a sin knows how to play it properly.In fact there more those that dont know. They only know to jump to the boss and aps like crazy. No Rib strike, No subsea in case a BM hf. Only they do is spark and aps. And then they are dead and wandering wth happend.

''And I have any SB tanking any boss in FSP, BH, UCH and so on''

Well I had to tank some bosses in FW one or 2 times with my SB but thats not important.
    Were I said something about SB and tanking bosses. Thats not their job. Their Job is to DD and only that.
    Was because I said they have one of the the highest damage in the game?
    Dealing highest dmg doesnt mean you are able to tank. To tank first that you have to do is to be able to take alot of dmg so no a SB wont tank a boss in FSP or UCH cause they cant take that much dmg.

This videos doesnt not belong to me. It belongs to Hara PWI known on the forum as dat1guyy and 1 of the video can also be found here http://forum.arcgames.com/pwi/discussion/1203128/just-a-sb-soloing-full-warsong-in-20-minutes-after-pavs#latest

https://youtu.be/_bU8mFvYH-I

https://youtu.be/GzMSsTI3nBE

So there you have a SB not just tanking but soloing lvl100+ instance.

I care less if you hate me or not. Im sorry..in fact I am not sorry cause some people dont like the fact that I say what I want to say and not what they want me to say and they want people to agree with them all the time.
    giphy.gif

• bloodedone87
    Duskblade/Stormbringer
    jabq said:

tet wrote: »

* If you will level up as a F2Per and without GM-power, you will be never able to tank any bosses in a random squad for dailies. Because the average toon will be way more stronger than you are.

I am bored tQ3kIbT.png. *troll face on*

So if a person levels a toon and tanks things in random squad dailies, they must have GM power if they are a F2P player? If a person can tank a boss in a daily, they are not a GM, that means they are a Cash Shopper? This game must be filled with GM spawns or Cash Shopper every where, or both. Normal players do not exist.

Average toon will be average no matter how you cut it, just as how room temperature is 15 degrees celcius if the room is at 15 degrees or 45 degrees celcius if the room is at 45. The average statement implies that F2P people are below average in gear, that means that the population of GM + Cash Shopper is greater than F2P players.

After reading your description about classes, it seems like you haven't really done much playing in pwi recently. Any class can tank any boss in the game with the right gear. Remember the thread where people posted single class FSP run? Each class did it, so it can be done. Can it be done by anyone? no. Can an average player do it? Depends on the average here onion-13.gif

The great thing about pwi, once you gear + skills, the game becomes seriously fun to play. When you have skills it is fun to play. If you have gear only, well......Ykb9TDM.png.

Domino: I believe you can create 8 characters per account, 2 accounts = 16 characters. You could try out a class and see if you like it? If you don't create another class and delete the old one, takes 7 days or was it 3 days?​​
    7 days to delate a character.
    giphy.gif

• bloodedone87
    Duskblade/Stormbringer
    jabq said:

* If you will level up as a F2Per and without GM-power, you will be never able to tank any bosses in a random squad for dailies. Because the average toon will be way more stronger than you are.

So if a person levels a toon and tanks things in random squad dailies, they must have GM power if they are a F2P player? If a person can tank a boss in a daily, they are not a GM, that means they are a Cash Shopper? This game must be filled with GM spawns or Cash Shopper every where, or both. Normal players do not exist.

Average toon will be average no matter how you cut it, just as how room temperature is 15 degrees celcius if the room is at 15 degrees or 45 degrees celcius if the room is at 45. The average statement implies that F2P people are below average in gear, that means that the population of GM + Cash Shopper is greater than F2P players.

After reading your description about classes, it seems like you haven't really done much playing in pwi recently. Any class can tank any boss in the game with the right gear. Remember the thread where people posted single class FSP run? Each class did it, so it can be done. Can it be done by anyone? no. Can an average player do it? Depends on the average here onion-13.gif

The great thing about pwi, once you gear + skills, the game becomes seriously fun to play. When you have skills it is fun to play. If you have gear only, well......Ykb9TDM.png.

Domino: I believe you can create 8 characters per account, 2 accounts = 16 characters. You could try out a class and see if you like it? If you don't create another class and delete the old one, takes 7 days or was it 3 days?​​

It takes 7 days untill a character is gone forever.
    giphy.gif

• bloodedone87
    Duskblade/Stormbringer
    jabq said:

7 days to delate a character.
    giphy.gif

• bloodedone87
    Duskblade/Stormbringer
    jabq said:

It takes 7 days untill a character is gone forever.
    giphy.gif

• bloodedone87
    Duskblade/Stormbringer
    tet said:

@bloodedone87

1 F2Per: common sense abbreviation for ppl with common sense (not you).

2 Someone who will play for maybe 1-2h per day (he will have to do other stuff in his job in addition) is like a casual player. I have done thousands of BHs with random ppl and I've never seen a casual player tanking anything. Casual players haven't lvl'ed up Meridians, have no good avatars, haven't maxed culti, high levels (104+ x3), haven't done Title quests, haven't maxed their skills = they are always just supporters (purge/debuff or non-factors).

3 Ppl create most casters (except Clerics) for PvP. Hit "t" and check out the classes surround you. Ppl do mainly PvE, that's why most characters are non-casters. In PvE its about "damage over time", in PvP it's all about "damage per hit".

"All" might be exaggerated, but most ppl even don't use more than seven skills per class.

4 Depends on the boss, for many bosses it's the best strategy ("dmg over time")

5 You already said you don't PvP = don't know anything about most parts of the game. Hit "t" or join random squads: sins are the most common class for a reason.
    They can cast "Wolf Emblem", "Maze Steps", "Windpush" and "Inner Harmony" while running.
    Btw, "resist negative status effects" = avoid debuffs = "Tidal Protection"

6 That's why I said that ppl create Psychics mainly for PvP. To be a strong DD they have to go to "Black Vodoo". But in Black Vodoo they are bad tanks = not good to tank in PvE. They are build to deal tough dmg while they are NOT targets = they are build for group/mass PvP.
    And I have never seen any SB tanking any boss in FSP, BH, UCH and so on (any endgame instance).

I'll stop discussion with you at this point because I don't like you and don't want to waste my time to teach you how this game works (and I know you are one of those people which "enjoy" it to be hated. Enjoy.

You need to be teached how the game works. I am not the one that would do that cause I am not an expert but I am clearly better than you in PVE.
    Sins are not the most common class cause they Wolf Emblem and all the other 3 you mentioned which btw are instant cast skills which every class I believe has altleast 1 instant cast skill. And those skills does nothing to help the squad . They only benefits the sins. People wants sins in squad for BP and the fact the good ones can solo most of the bosses or get agro and tank the boss. But not everyone that has a sin knows how to play it properly.In fact there more those that dont know. They only know to jump to the boss and aps like crazy. No Rib strike, No subsea in case a BM hf. Only they do is spark and aps. And then they are dead and wandering wth happend.

''And I have any SB tanking any boss in FSP, BH, UCH and so on''

Well I had to tank some bosses in FW one or 2 times with my SB but thats not important.
    Were I said something about SB and tanking bosses. Thats not their job. Their Job is to DD and only that.
    Was because I said they have one of the the highest damage in the game?
    Dealing highest dmg doesnt mean you are able to tank. To tank first that you have to do is to be able to take alot of dmg so no a SB wont tank a boss in FSP or UCH cause they cant take that much dmg.

This videos doesnt not belong to me. It belongs to Hara PWI known on the forum as dat1guyy and 1 of the video can also be found here http://forum.arcgames.com/pwi/discussion/1203128/just-a-sb-soloing-full-warsong-in-20-minutes-after-pavs#latest

https://youtu.be/_bU8mFvYH-I

https://youtu.be/GzMSsTI3nBE

So there you have a SB not just tanking but soloing lvl100+ instance.

I care less if you hate me or not. Im sorry..in fact I am not sorry cause some people dont like the fact that I say what I want to say and not what they want me to say and they want people to agree with them all the time.
    giphy.gif