Hello, hello, hello, is there anybody in there... Just smile if you can hear me...

Comments

• limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    wow i remember you!! You were the cool guy with the fancy hat on the PWE live stream when you fundraised for Extra Life omg i loved you pal, bring some spice in here mate​​
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    limonazza said:

wow i remember you!! You were the cool guy with the fancy hat on the PWE live stream when you fundraised for Extra Life omg i loved you pal, bring some spice in here mate​​

Oh you better believe I've brought Skittles with me... Me and that cute little dragon are inseparable. <3
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Welcome to PWI-community, o' mighty domino cookie. The smell of trolls ish strong in here, but maybe you've already had some training against them as CM of those 2 other games. And also, you better be prepared for endless, crushing Q.Q and whining people like to committeh. Stay strong.

And, by the way, you better obey Kitty's rule if you visit her reign, Tideswell. Otherwise she'll eat all your cookie siblings.
    tiger-5.gif

Quy0nGe.jpg​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Welcome Domino. I hope you are mentally prepared for PW forum and game.
    giphy.gif

• cynderangel
    cynderangel Posts: 193 Arc User
    Welcome I guess? Can't believe we have a cm :o
    102/101/102 cleric
  • barber
    barber Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Howdy, my cheerleaders wish you welcome

on a side note....when the people start trying to get close to you to brown nose...

banner01.jpg
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    wow we have a CM again. Welcome #6!
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015
    Got halfway through my message and the Arc websites are down again. 500 and 503 errors galore.
    Heck, I'm probably only able to post here because I browse the forums directly and refuse to live with the Arc embed pages.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • krian090590
    krian090590 Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Here's a tip of where you can start in game.
    Step 1) log on to any server
    Step 2) find some remote place on map to hide (you must be hidden for this to work)
    Step 3) get your ban trigger ready
    Step 4) watch World Chat while remaining hidden
    Step 5) ban people in World Chat as needed
    Note that if you are not hiding and the server finds out you are on. World Chat will become instantly clean. So hide and be ready to ban some people
    Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015
    Here's a tip of where you can start in game.
    Step 1) log on to any server
    Step 2) find some remote place on map to hide (you must be hidden for this to work)
    Step 3) get your ban trigger ready
    Step 4) watch World Chat while remaining hidden
    Step 5) ban people in World Chat as needed
    Note that if you are not hiding and the server finds out you are on. World Chat will become instantly clean. So hide and be ready to ban some people
    There's a "Silence" option too that will prevent them from using teles. monkey-2.gif

Also, got the data fully sent. Lazarus was a lifesaver for losing all my text on the stupid 500 errors.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    Welcome

Sorry to say it, but, you will not last long. They never do. This is PWEs way of getting people to quit rather then fire them.

So for the time you are here can you please please please please please PLEASE. Proof read what you have copy and pasted on the forums and in official announcements on PWIs page?
    Correct wording, times, prizes, etc... need to be checked, double checked, and triple checked. Way to many times PWE has screwed up and put the wrong info out for the players, causing confusion and mass amounts of tickets to be submitted. If you can at least get this done without messing it up, the community will love you for it.
    NGTUy53.png

• axel320
    axel320 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Welp, I was planning on sending this via PM, but since it was rare I used PMs I didn't even notice until now that they're gone; so I'll just dump this note here. Hopefully it'll make your transition here a bit smoother:

Nobody expects you to cover everything, of course, and there are a few notable people in the community you'll see often:
    • Sylen is your best asset for getting the community perspective on things, or questions in general (especially technical). Use him well.
      • Asterelle and nrglg also tend to be good sources for technical/game information, but aren't as active on the forums as they used to be.
      • heero200 is a great source for community information.

The main playerbase complaints about this game tend to be along the following lines:
    • Sales that either look like blatant moneygrabs ($60 for a single General Summer's Token? Literally 10 times the previous OFF-sale price) or clearly show a complete non-understanding of the game by placing entirely useless items on sale.
    • Lack of communication:
      • Maintenance threads and patch notes being posted extremely late or not at all
      • Incorrect or misleading information regarding sales, events, promos, etc.
      • Complete silence for days, weeks, or sometimes even months at a time regarding important issues (recent ones include faction icon issues and spirit coin compensation) -- this is the worst of everything listed here, by far. It ties into the next thing --
    • Incompetent or insufficient support: This is shown in several different ways, such as:
      • Completely inconsistent punishment of rule infrigment, especially for rules largely seen as archaic because a vast majority of the playerbase has been breaking them for years (account-sharing, 2-accounts-per-person rule) due to (1) the game's tendency to encourage those sorts of actions and (2) the practice of non-enforcement by staff in previous years. Whether you decide to enforce the rules or not, trying to make that enforcement considerably more consistent (rather than 99% of infringements resulting in no punishment and 1% resulting in permaban) would be much appreciated. Do note, as some have mentioned, that actually globally enforcing these rules would probably mean banning at least half of your more serious playerbase.
      • Inability to complete simple tasks like processing faction icons
      • Giving non-responses or incorrect responses to tickets (like not being able to accept 32-bit BMPs for faction icons) and/or redirecting support tickets to the community (which can't handle them).
    • This isn't specific to PWI, and I'm sure you're familiar with it by now, but the massive issues plaguing the site (forums in particular), even without considering Arc itself, are a major source of complaints and have driven a sizeable portion of our community's forum presence away.
    • Lack of "special" ingame events and other activities: This community was a bit spoiled on this front on a few occasions in the past, and are a bit overexpectant in general. By all means, events are great, but the above issues are considerably more important.
    • Class imbalance: self-explanatory; IMO you can pretty much ignore this complaint because it will always be there whether something gets done about it or not.
    Naturally we don't expect you to be able to handle most of these issues yourself, or even make a dent in some of them (e.g. class imbalance), and we recognize the uphill battle you're likely facing with management; but it's a decent starting list of things to look out for and keep an eye on.
  • cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User
    Oh my gosh, it's Domino, I'm fangirling (or rather fanboyingfox-1.gif) so much right now!
    I'm so glad you're here, because you've always been such a positive and dedicated person and you're simply awesome and franc with the community in the other 2 games you CM for, I just hope you will be able to bring that here, for us.
    PWI, despite being a flagship, has always been the ugly stepsister they keep stuffing in the basement and ignoring.
    I'm am, however, a bit sad for you, since they've managed to dump a 3rd title on you, overworking you like there's no tomorrow, since you were already a busy man. I guess that's what they love doing, overworking staff till they drop.
    I'm am hopeful, because you've been with the company for so long, that you might manage to adapt to the new workload, and I hope you'll get to like it here.
    As I said, this community has long been ignored and thought of us idiotic, we've been lied to and kept in the dark so we've turned harsh around the edges, so please bear with us and hit us with your awesomeness and special bathroom toast. egg-1.gif
    Long live Domino, lord of the dreaded Skittles!​​
    DeffyNature
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Run while you can LOL

Good luck dealing with the community. Like someone said before, best advice is to not keep us in the dark, that's what other people always do ^^ Also, if you do post on the arc news for PWI from now on... please, just please proof read what you write 5 or 6 times because everyone else before you always got it wrong.

Welcome I guess.

Mr. Justice
  • krian090590
    krian090590 Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Welcome to PWI-community, o' mighty domino cookie. The smell of trolls ish strong in here, but maybe you've already had some training against them as CM of those 2 other games. And also, you better be prepared for endless, crushing Q.Q and whining people like to committeh. Stay strong.

And, by the way, you better obey Kitty's rule if you visit her reign, Tideswell. Otherwise she'll eat all your cookie siblings.
    tiger-5.gif

Quy0nGe.jpg​​

Oh mighty and benevolent @kittyempressa of Tideswell. Those cookies look good. please mail a box to me on Etherblade
    Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • quinnie
    quinnie Posts: 46 Arc User
    welcome Domino, do you also deliver piza in pwi ? ;)
    Etherblade
    HaarKoning
    MrLens
    MrGiggleShyts
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    Welcome and good luck
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Run while you still can.
    And i'm not being sarcastic about that tiger-18.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• oreowarrior
    oreowarrior Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Title song is Comfortably Numb. A pretty good song, im more partial to Money though
    Read, understand and follow what nick/jarkhen/axel320 wrote and youll be moderately ok.
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    Ah, welcome to the.... I don't know? I would like to say "happy community" or something, but truth is, we're not very happy. Like many said before me, we've been kind of neglected for various reasons (kept in the dark, insufficient support... you name it,we got it).

We're not bad people, just frustrated at how we've been treated several times by the company in general. Community managers before you have tried to do what they should do, but for one reason or another, they are now gone. Because of this, most of us will appear as "needy kids".

You'll be overwhelmed by whining, qqing and absurd demands pretty soon (actually, as soon as the welcoming has ended and everyone wakes up from their stupor of having a new CM), but try to bear with us.

Ah, as a final warning, beware of the Trolls-That-Trolls-Just-Because. They will appear to spew senseless insults. You can recognize them easily because they often say "I stopped playing this awful game years ago..." or something very similar. Don't let them get to you. It's not worth it.

That said, welcome aboard!
  • aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    Welcome to a very frustrated, and borderline apathic community that has not had anyone tending to the community for a while. I hope you can turn the tide, but I've had that hope crushed in the past...

Expect scepticism, sarcasm and abuse.
    Expect to find blatant disregard for the ToS in this game - several years of lack of enforcing them have turned the game into a free-for-all.
    Expect folk to feel entitled to freebies and special treatment, even more so then the average Syrian "refugee".

Feel free to wield the banhammer against abusive folk, liberally. The fact that noone's bothered to do so for over 2 years makes some people think they can get away with anything. Prove them wrong. Be a leader instead of just another voice on the forum that occasionally announces the dispensing of freebies.

That's what this game needs. More then updates, freebies or anything else. Be a leader.
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • nrglg
    nrglg Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2015

@axel320 said:
    Asterelle and nrglg also tend to be good sources for technical/game information, but aren't as active on the forums as they used to be.

I'm here, I just choose to not write as much. I'm taking the route of an observer for now until something stirs the pot, if you know what I mean. That and I actually have been busy, but that's a tale for another day. Tiger

Also, welcome CM Domino. Glad to see a CM after such a long period of time. I would like to say, if possible, as stated by axel320, please tell the PWE support people to stop redirecting questions we can't answer to technical support forums. Such as this one: http://forum.arcgames.com/pwi/discussion/1203181/my-faction-base-armory-is-gone/p1​​

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    nrglg wrote: »
    please tell the PWE support people to stop redirecting questions we can't answer to technical support forums. Such as this one: http://forum.arcgames.com/pwi/discussion/1203181/my-faction-base-armory-is-gone/p1

But how else would the pwe support staff get their kicks and level up their troll trait?

Welcome Domino, if possible make a sticky thread on things that you can do and can not do as a community manager. People seem to believe that because you are a cm you can wave a magic wand and fix everything in this game from gold hikes in ah, rubber banding and ........

Hope you are having fun playing pwi, which classes have you played with? do those characters have gm powers or are they mortal like the rest of us?​​
  • dahighroller
    dahighroller Posts: 29 Arc User
    Welcome to the party!!!
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    I would say welcome, but I really liked sparkie and we all know what happened to him lol. Either way, good luck dealing with the constant stupidity of the game and our raging about it. That being said, I would personally love to know why they said that Mysterious chip packs are on sale at a "greatly reduced discount" but are the same price they were before they last took them out of the boutique. If you could tell us that it would be great. We will await your response something along the lines of "I was told it was a grammatical error on their part" since that is usually their go to excuse.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • comeonnow
    comeonnow Posts: 28 Arc User
    I wish you luck tiger-42.gif​​
    post-25049-laughing-out-loud-lol-gif-Now-xlnU_zpsl8ev4xko.gif
  • ftwomg
    ftwomg Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Oh sure, when a Perfect World Employee makes a post a dozen or so of them comment on it, but when when a player posts we are lucky to get 1 of them to comment. That is pretty [Redacted]
    up.
    Post edited by thenamesdomino on
  • tet
    tet Posts: 73 Arc User
    Hi Domino,
    good luck with your new task. Since you are using capitals and many exclamation marks, you either (already) consume proper drugs for this job or you are lucky and your brain does pour out a decent amount of endorphins. o:)

Good for you: you can't disappoint us because we don't have any expectations. ;)

On which server do you level up your characters?

My hopes?

* Stabilize the economy.
    * Stabilize the economy.
    * Stabilize the economy.
    * Or at least don't break it even more. :#

* Tell PWCN to give us options (coin sinks) which already exists in China.
    E.g. the ability to change the look of gear at "Nation War forges". They just have to modify it a bit (we have another version of RankIX + Awakened gear)

* Give Cash Shoppers a guarantee. This game is running for seven years now. Guarantee the Cash Shoppers that servers will run for at least (!) three years.
    It's a big amount of money which you have to spend to keep up with the upper 10-20% of the players. People are not willing to spend that much for an old game because it might close at any time.

* Don't make Cash Shoppers angry. Tell the community about your plans several months before it happens. Don't exploit them, don't fool them. E.g. Don't make a cheap "Dragon Orb + Pack sale" and release Rank 10 two months later.

* Remove gambling as much as you can. Gambling does cause many problems in real life. Most of the people just can't stop and spend more money than they can afford. They won't admit this problem of course. But their families might suffer too.

May Pan Gu be with you
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    tet said:

Hi Domino,
    good luck with your new task. Since you are using capitals and many exclamation marks, you either (already) consume proper drugs for this job or you are lucky and your brain does pour out a decent amount of endorphins. o:)

Good for you: you can't disappoint us because we don't have any expectations. ;)

On which server do you level up your characters?

My hopes?

* Stabilize the economy.
    * Stabilize the economy.
    * Stabilize the economy.
    * Or at least don't break it even more. :#

* Tell PWCN to give us options (coin sinks) which already exists in China.
    E.g. the ability to change the look of gear at "Nation War forges". They just have to modify it a bit (we have another version of RankIX + Awakened gear)

* Give Cash Shoppers a guarantee. This game is running for seven years now. Guarantee the Cash Shoppers that servers will run for at least (!) three years.
    It's a big amount of money which you have to spend to keep up with the upper 10-20% of the players. People are not willing to spend that much for an old game because it might close at any time.

* Don't make Cash Shoppers angry. Tell the community about your plans several months before it happens. Don't exploit them, don't fool them. E.g. Don't make a cheap "Dragon Orb + Pack sale" and release Rank 10 two months later.

* Remove gambling as much as you can. Gambling does cause many problems in real life. Most of the people just can't stop and spend more money than they can afford. They won't admit this problem of course. But their families might suffer too.

May Pan Gu be with you

First, the CM and GMs don't really have much to do with the economy in game. It is run and driven by the players and the sales help push this that the devs make. Second, very doubtful they will give us much of the stuff that China has because it is a bit of a different scenario over there compared to here. They will never give us a guarantee like you ask for, period. They will never remove gambling aka packs.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Poor Domino. "Welcome" "-list of tasks-" monkey-41.gif​​