[Complete] Special Contest for Those Who Have Played PWI for 7 Years!

Options
sheepclouds
sheepclouds Posts: 81 Perfect World Employee
edited October 2015 in Official Announcements

This is a special forum event for players who have been playing PWI for 7 years! :)

Event Start Date: 9/16/2015
Event End Date: 9/21/2015 10AM PDT

The contest topic is: Your best PWI memory

Contest Rules:
  • Have a character in that was created in 2008. (Or post on an account that was created in 2008 :) )
  • Currently play PWI
  • Post a screenshot of your character with one of these: favorite fashion, best gear, cutest pet, super cool mount or flyer. ( Your character screenshot is part of the entry)
  • Give us the name of your character that was created in 2008 and the server it is on - or your main character on your account from 2008 (we will verify that the character/account was created in 2008)
  • Tell us what your best memory has been over the last seven years.
  • Entries will be judged by PWE staff
Prizes:

First Place and Second Place:

Ginger Tiger Statue and 1000 Free Zen

Third, Fourth and Fifth Place:

Ginger Tiger Plush and 500 Free Zen

Sixth - Tenth Place:

100 Free Event Gold

Winners will need to update their personal information in Arc to receive the physical items. The information will only be used to send these prizes and will not be shared with any other parties.
OqejO6Y.png
Post edited by sheepclouds on

Comments

• daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Why is BBC disabled in this post?

[color="#ffff00"]I'd like to post this screenshot in honor of our PWI anniversary.
    My faction, Knights of 2008.
    This is our 7 year anniversary as well, being the oldest active & competitive faction on PWI.
    This picture is from a simpler time, when faction icons and 6 of our game's 12 classes, and most of our smileys did not exist.[/color]

[img]http://s28.postimg.org/k2peah6sd/knights1.png [/img]​​
    Post edited by daymond on
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • glassguitar
    glassguitar Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    CLARIFICATION: Even though this isnot the most powerful gear I have had, I am categorizing this as "best gear" because at the time, there was no better gear (since no -one was high enough level to wear better) and I still love the way it looked. So, in a sense, it was also my favorite fashion!

This is discovering that the person who shared my name (almost) was a heavy veno and we had identical gear! It turned out the veno (Danni) had beat me to the spelling I wanted by moments! It used to be great fun when we would be in the same sqaud, as people resorted to calling us "one i" and "two i" to diferentiate who they were talking to. BTW, veno Danni was also one of the best old school pullers in the game! My character is Dannii (formerly of Heaven's Tear, now Etherblade) and probably my best memory is when we finally killed Mantavip after so many failed attempts!
    Post edited by glassguitar on
  • kyoske
    kyoske Posts: 163 Arc User
    Options
    Well im out of this i deleted my first toon because of failed stating, i couldnt afford resets and reawakening wasnt an option back then
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    What if I missed 7 years by literally a week and a half due to college?​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Can we enter if our account is that old, but the char necessarily isn't... Like seriously. >:

Edit~ ty for rule change!

My main character on this account is Eoria on Dawnglory server.

I made this account back when this version first came out, but didn't really start playing it until 2010. This was taken during a TT run 'cause I wanted to show off my fash and whatnot and remains one of my favorite screenshots.

As for my favorite memory...

My guild at the time (Catalyst) was competing in that PWIC selection thing you guys had going on then. While our selected squad was in the tournament, a group of us (Barbapapa, Curses, wanahakalugi, and I) were at 1k Streams in a sort of prayer circle formation hoping that our team would pull through. Unfortunately, while our team won for our server (Harshlands), they ultimately did not get to go due to Lost City's team having a better time on Harpy Wraith killing than they did. ):​​
    Post edited by chary on
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options

What if I missed 7 years by literally a week and a half due to college?​​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB7mHxdHlRY

• asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    IGN: Asterelle
    Server: Was Sanctuary but now Twilight Temple

Cool Screenshots:
    Here are the first 3 R9 bows of Sanctuary:
    5AJ0Vtq.jpg

But back in 2008 I looked more like this:
    oQ9o9up.png
    Rocking a tt90 bow. Look at those cool wings! A gift from a friend.

Favorite memory is probably being the first player on Sanctuary to solo Harpy Wraith.
    There were others before me but they used other characters for healing / absorbing debuffs so they don't count. It took me a lot of attempts but over that time I made careful notes and studied my recorded footage to find patterns in Harpy's attacks and learned to block them while using a stopwatch. Making a plan for each stage that countered the attacks while managing the cooldowns of the genie skills and apothecary I needed was tricky and being a class with no ability to heal or purify left very little room for error. It took me almost 20 mins to kill her since archer DD is not great but it was very exciting.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDy3uVZYgIs

Of course these days pretty much any R9 third cast player can faceroll Harpy but back then this was pushing the limits of the game.

After that my favorite memory would be all the fun people had with Sweetiebot back when she was rocking the forums. It was cool to see how much people responded to her antics and relied on her for some things.
    ​​
    Post edited by asterelle on
  • sheepclouds
    sheepclouds Posts: 81 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I got permission to modify the event some :) If you have an account that is was created in 2008, you can enter by using your main character, instead of one that was created in 2008. Be sure to post on the account that is from 2008 because we will be checking the winners.
    OqejO6Y.png
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Options
    So I guess that Nightshades, Tideborns and Earthguards cannot participate.
    giphy.gif

• ajerbajah
    ajerbajah Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    IGN: Seacoral
    Server: Sanctuary
    Date: 10/19/2008

So sometime in 2012, I followed a random WC calling for veno's everywhere to come to Broken Bridge Village. Upon arriving, I found out this barb (Spank_Tank) had managed to get a herd of pure fluffiness together. We proceeded to parade over to West Archosaur, looking adorable the whole time. One of my most delightful spontaneous memories in this game :)

Second place is the night a GM (eatswithspoons I think) started summoning random people to Dino Island to play with the Love Dino while abusing system chat, but unfortunately I have no screenies :(

MOAR FLUFFY!!
    Post edited by ajerbajah on
  • kyoske
    kyoske Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options

If you notice where this screenshot was taken, this is also the place where i have my favourite memory of PWI. I remember back in the days when we got this timed quest learn how to Jump and trust me the struggle was real, there were players lined up trying to jump across to the chest i we failed repeatedly, I dont remember if i was succesful or i left it till i reached level 30, but those were the times when PWI was really a blast.
  • xlory
    xlory Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Okay, I'm not sure this screenshot is elegible, but here it is. I was with my friends in FB51... I so miss those days...
    It's sad they all quit lol
    This is my very old veno, xxLory, my first character in Sanctuary (back in 2008, US west now, twilight temple) but I'm not playing her anymore as a main, just occasionally lol
    Being european, I moved to EU server: LoryFoxie - DawnGlory

So, about a memory. I don't really have just one.
    I've been playing PWI for many years, with up and downs, made lots of friends, lost many friends.
    My best memories go back to two of them: LunaHeart and Ellinora.

The first I met in PWI, we became really close until the day she told me she was having heart issues and needed a new one.
    I didn't hear a word from her for around an year and I thought the worst, but then, one day, I got an email from her telling me she was fine and received surgery.
    I was so happy I logged in to tell everyone we knew that!

The second one, instead, I met in another game but we moved in PWI together. Funny thing was that her alt (the veno you can see in the screenshot), became her main and much in a few time grew much stronger than me XD
    It was very fun trying to keep up with her.
    Post edited by xlory on
    LoryFoxie - Lv45 Venomancer - DawnGlory
    Ilyan - Lv40s Duskblade - DawnGlory
    xxLory - Lv86 Venomancer - US West
  • akuanime
    akuanime Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    :)
    Best wings EVER even though they were not released way back then but they are my favorite now =)
    Cleric is AkuNeke from Heaven's Tear! But not it is Etherblade server.
    My favorite memory from my cleric I would say is when a group and myself tried to do the forgotten frostland (FF) before they updated it. The halls were FILLED with mobs all over the place and they were HARD. It was crazy but we were laughing and having a good time trying to complete this instance. There was no time limit and I can easily say we were in that instance for about 7 hours before we gave up. But all in all we had a fun time and it was a real challenge in there.
  • manbaby
    manbaby Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    going with the theme of the 7th anniversary here is a pic of my main :) , CANUS_MAJOR from Etherblade. It was time for him to have a bath :D My best memory of PWI was joining my current faction, which Ive been in for the last 3 years. My account was made on 9/16/2008, but my main isn't that old.
    Post edited by manbaby on
  • rathofdemise
    rathofdemise Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    My account was made on 12/03/2008
    Time to start digging through my gigs of images.
  • shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User
    Options
    Reserved... because I don't think the GM's are going to dig through 20 pages of replies to find everyone.​​
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Noone noticed that the statue mentiones 10 years? PWI is max 9 years old (11/06 first release in china) and PWI is 7 years old.
    PWE was founded in 2004 and it would make sense... when this would be a prize in 2014 and not (late) 2015.

Nothing is right about the 10 years but the pillows are cute i guess. mouse-1.gif​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    razzzza wrote: »
    Noone noticed that the statue mentiones 10 years? PWI is max 9 years old (11/06 first release in china) and PWI is 7 years old.
    PWE was founded in 2004 and it would make sense... when this would be a prize in 2014 and not (late) 2015.

Nothing is right about the 10 years but the pillows are cute i guess. mouse-1.gif
    Archosaur Group originally released it in 2004. Wanmei purchased it later.​​

​​
  • lax
    lax Posts: 96 Arc User
    Options
    reserved cuz ill never win
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options

Nothing is right about the 10 years but the pillows are cute i guess. mouse-1.gif
    Archosaur Group originally released it in 2004. Wanmei purchased it later.

quality answer. still its 11 years ;)​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Character: Snow
    Original character: S
    Server: Twilight Temple (Lost City)
    Origin: Since the beta of the game :smile:

Favorite memory: I started playing PWI during college and remember skipping class to participate in one of the many GM events that were hosted back then. Where the GMs would spawn impossible bosses outside Archosaur and challenge the community to kill them. They even had hide and seek events where they would set up shops and ask players to find them. I really miss those types of events and hope to see them come back soon. I am glad our GMs still try their best to keep us interested with their seasonal events and giveaways because other MMORPGs I have played did nothing of this sort. Their GMs just acted like police officers and did nothing to entertain us only things to annoy us.

Background:
    Originally Snow was an archer I made in beta and was one of the highest level characters during beta. Me and another archer Harmony were the two highest players on the server. I remember staying up waiting for the official launch of the game to grab my character name. The GMs were even nice enough to give us 1000 free zen for hitting level 40+ during beta release.

I ended up created S as my archer after beta release because I derped and made Snow a cleric. But now I re-used the name to make my new character Snow. (Duskblade)

Post edited by bangbang on
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    quality answer. still its 11 years ;)

Yeah, those were given out at the 10-year ceremony last year. I think it's pretty funny we're getting it now.​​

​​
  • lobo63
    lobo63 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options

I created wolfelder back in December of 2008, my first character on Heaven's Tear (now Etherblade). My favorite moment, I guess, would be when I first joined a squad with players from the faction I wound up joining, to do a fb51 run.

http://oldwolf63.deviantart.com/art/Justaveno-560930478

I started this character after I'd been playing on Heaven's Tear (Etherblade now) a while. I wanted to try each class, just to see what they could do so I could work better in squad with them. I never meant to keep this one, so I didn't bother with a fancy name, since she was just a veno. Well, several years later and a lot of help from some very good people and justaveno is my main character. This shot shows her in my current favorite outfit for her, along with my favorite pet, justbonz the evolved rare dino. I guess my best memory on this toon would be the wedding of two of my closest friends in game.
    Post edited by lobo63 on
  • celestial
    celestial Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Flare vs GM Kantorek

Heaven's Tear(Etherblade): Flare vs Super GM: Kantorek

This is my favorite SS. I somehow uploaded this somewhere and my hard drive went down over the years, so this is one of my only SS left back from the beginning of PWI, so its in low resolution. It was a typical day after maintenance and I saw Kantorek the GM in the middle of west arch when I logged in just when the server in Heaven's Tear came up. West arch was completely empty except a random person, Kantorek, and Flare.

Kantorek was acting a little crazy with emotes and running around everywhere with his GM Wings...15 m/s. I made a comment about this crazy moving. His eyes caught my character, so he quickly challenged me to a duel. We were head to head and I nearly won. He said after he won that I did a good job against him. This is one of my most memorable moments of the beginning of PWI.

To clear the 3rd requirement on the list, my TT80 back then was my best gear back then and on server. I stood well against Kantorek :wink: I just realized that I did not do the bell buff back then when I dueled him...I must have been caught off guard.

Chatbox in SS:
    Flare: hehe, fast tiger :p
    Kantorek: Lets go
    Flare: lol....

I turned from Sage to Demon, so I made another BM. These days I'm on DarkFIare on Etherblade.
    Account Created: August 26, 2008.
    Post edited by celestial on
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Options
    Character: Desdi
    Server: Twilight Temple (previously Sanctuary)
    Since 30th October 2008

Screenshot:
    2013-03-09%2023-47-22_zpskqocniwn.png~original

Memory :
    Our old CM v4liance visited Sanctuary and I got involved into a secret love affair. Unfortunately, I was caught by my game husband PWIRoylaty :(

It's perhaps my favourite memory because there were a lot of jokes going on when this happened. Then it was followed by this post on the PWI Facebook. The image on PWI's Facebook was made by my game-husband's friend for fun, but I showed it to v4liance and he posted it there, too. After this I've acquired silly nicknames like disobedient wife, bad wife etc. my friends often "yell" at me for flirting with others whenever I talk to guys or joke that I should "find a GM" whenever they need one.

So this screenshot is very memorable to me because of all the things and jokes it lead up to! In addition, I was also wearing what is probably my favourite fashion: Flourishing Dress in Cream! That dress itself has a long history behind it. It was a gift from two dear friends and it kinda started my obsession with Cream-coloured fashion and Cream Pigments which people from Sanctuary know me for.

​​
  • sweety84
    sweety84 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Thats my favourite Screenshot,

from my Char:Fairyless

Server:Twillight Temple (previously Sanctuary)

Char made at the 22.12.2008

The pretty wings , i love it to much.

http://prntscr.com/8hawux

The Best memories Screenshot.

http://prntscr.com/8hbihm

Best memories was married my Husband LordCirtel but he leave the Game,and that made me very sad i devoiced and married another players toon,and then suprised me my ex husband come online i was so happy i have much spent time with him, i have alot laugh with him and that was the reason of Best memories in Pwi and he leave again the game and comes never back..I am much years in my Faction Blut3ng3L i am in more then 2 years.My favorite Fashion is the New Fashion set Silken Dancer what i don't have hihi.
    i use at the time my another Lovely fashion set Bollywood Star Top,Bollywood Star Bottoms,Crown Princess Sleevers,Crystal Love Heels, in Perfect Pink and Silver-Lined Ribbon. This combi i use it all the time. :smile:

• iconique
    iconique Posts: 65 Arc User
    Options
    tiger-12.gif Ohhh myy goooddddd, those pillows are so adorable. I can't even remember the info to my old account, so this exclusion sucks. Memory lane will be nice to look through in this thread but dammit, cute prizes for once! pwe how could u​​
  • patangua
    patangua Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Kind of boring, I know, but this is my favourite fashion - I have it on every character that I play regularly (each has a different colour set)

http://oi59.tinypic.com/350rr7n.jpg

My favourite memory was checking out FC with a friend for the first time, way back before it was an exp instance. We had no idea what we were letting ourselves into, and were in fits laughing at all the stuff that was going wrong. We didn't know that digging an urn would spawn a boss, or what the bosses did... After a few hours we left the instance having gained a few FC mats and lost a bunch of exp. Unfortunately I don't have a pic of that run :(

Ophida (ex Dreamweaver/current Tideswell)
  • mrmusi
    mrmusi Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    February of 2009 Q.Q kid-me, why couldn't you get into MMOs two months earlier? D:
    As I get better and better gear I find that skill is worth a lot more. Frankly, seeing a +12 person who seems to not know how to use a genie is disgusting.

Oh well, why not check out my PWI Toon?
This discussion has been closed.