How are TW winners decided?

Options
zoner112012
zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
So there is this. http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9475813-tw7-winners-announced!

Now I am very confused because Vicious has the same exact number of Territories on the map as QQme, Vicious owns 1k QQme owns arch. Both Factions own another city. Meanwhile AK47 and Myrmidone own 7 territories, more then both Vicious and QQme and AK47 owns 3 cities. How is the winner determined to be Vicious? This doesn't make sense and I am trying to better understand the logic here if anyone could please help.
ln5aR6B.jpg

Comments

• scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    Options
    thats for the season before.
    We are in Season 8 right now ,which will be resetted with the merge.
  • zoner112012
    Options
    scruncy wrote: »
    thats for the season before.
    We are in Season 8 right now ,which will be resetted with the merge.

This would be incorrect. If you read the actual article, it specifically says in red letters: Season 8 Reset: 8/4/2015 (after the server merge). We are currently in season 7 right now which is technically now over so you are wrong.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • scruncy
    Options
    season 8 will reset on 8/4/2015 to season 9

season 8 has no winners.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options

season 8 has no winners.
    Edit: Scrap that, you are right.

The winners of season 7 weren't announced yet until the post tzoner links to.
    They did mess up some text though.

They probably just copy pasted standard text from an old post.
    Current season was season 8, the post is about winners of season 7.
    Season 8 has no winners, next season will either be season 9 or a re-do or season 8

Would be nice if a GM or anyone else of PWE could confirm any of this though (@mintsummer, @enelimm ?)​​
    Post edited by dblazen1 on
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options
    The season we are currently in is basically 7.5
    Season 7 ended 2 months ago and season 8 begins on the 4th.
    ​​
  • zoner112012
    edited August 2015
    Options
    asterelle wrote: »
    The season we are currently in is basically 7.5
    Season 7 ended 2 months ago and season 8 begins on the 4th.
    ​​

So they ended a season before it was actually over without telling anyone? That makes zero sense. By that logic Vicious still wouldn't be winner. I am pretty sure at least.
    dblazen1 wrote: »

season 8 has no winners.
    Edit: Scrap that, you are right.

The winners of season 7 weren't announced yet until the post tzoner links to.
    They did mess up some text though.

They probably just copy pasted standard text from an old post.
    Current season was season 8, the post is about winners of season 7.
    Season 8 has no winners, next season will either be season 9 or a re-do or season 8

Would be nice if a GM or anyone else of PWE could confirm any of this though (@mintsummer, @enelimm ?)​​

I am so confused and this is really important information. Can a mod get a GM or get SOMEONE to tell us what's going on?
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    Options
    The way the map currently looks right now is Season 8.
    The announcement is telling you last season's winners before the map reset 2 months ago.

Basically, the last 2 months are being erased, all the wars we did for the last 8 weeks will not count. We are restarting season 8 over again from scratch.
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • scruncy
    Options
    i dont even know why is that so hard to understand....................
  • zoner112012
    edited August 2015
    Options
    i dont even know why is that so hard to understand....................

Clearly it is and since you are not really giving any real intelligent thought into it I am just dismissing your comments. Even Astrelle doesn't seem totally sure and I would take his statement over yours anyday. Until a GM or someone that FOR SURE knows what they are talking about responds here I will remain unsure. Sorry if I don't take other players words for anything.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    Options
    Ok well I know for sure, and I just told you.
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • scruncy
    Options
    ok, since you seem to be a bit slow, i will try to explain in detail.

Season 7 ended 2 month ago and those winners are a announced in the news.

After that season 8 started.It is the map you are looking at currently. This season would have lasted 6 month.
    But since there will be a server merge ( did you hear about that? ) the map needs to be resetted again, otherwise you would have 2 factions owning 1 land ( you got that?).

Next week we are starting a new season , which will be either season 9 or a redo of season 8.
    The current season 8 (or 7.5) will not have any winners.

You got it now?
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9470983-important:-upcoming-server-merges!
    Territory Wars will be reset for the sake of fairness. TW8 will re-open after the reset. Take this chance to start anew and make a difference!
    You can call the current map TW8 if you want but it's being reset and starting again. I prefer thinking of it as TW7.5 to avoid ambiguity. TW7 ended 2 months ago.​​
  • zoner112012
    Options
    asterelle wrote: »
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9470983-important:-upcoming-server-merges!
    Territory Wars will be reset for the sake of fairness. TW8 will re-open after the reset. Take this chance to start anew and make a difference!
    You can call the current map TW8 if you want but it's being reset and starting again. I prefer thinking of it as TW7.5 to avoid ambiguity. TW7 ended 2 months ago.​​

Thanks astrelle...so someone needs to let a GM know to put up a disclaimer or something letting us know that they are basically voiding the last 2 months....in hindsight they should have thought of this ahead of time.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    Thanks astrelle...so someone needs to let a GM know to put up a disclaimer or something letting us know that they are basically voiding the last 2 months....in hindsight they should have thought of this ahead of time.
    Well, considering it took them almost two seasons to send the last rewards.....
    ​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • zoner112012
    Options
    Well, considering it took them almost two seasons to send the last rewards.....
    ​​

Wish I could like comments on here. LOL
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    Options
    It was announced that season 8 is being reset with the server merges
  • neodaystar
    neodaystar Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    So there is this. http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9475813-tw7-winners-announced!

Now I am very confused because Vicious has the same exact number of Territories on the map as QQme, Vicious owns 1k QQme owns arch. Both Factions own another city. Meanwhile AK47 and Myrmidone own 7 territories, more then both Vicious and QQme and AK47 owns 3 cities. How is the winner determined to be Vicious? This doesn't make sense and I am trying to better understand the logic here if anyone could please help.

The winner/ranking is based on the land value that the faction owns. There are 3 different tier of lands. Tier 3 lands such as 1k stream and arch is worth 3 points I think. This was a rule written in the pwi wiki/TW ruling . Maybe 1k stream has a higher land value than arch when there is a tie in points?
  • zoner112012
    edited August 2015
    Options
    neodaystar wrote: »

The winner/ranking is based on the land value that the faction owns. There are 3 different tier of lands. Tier 3 lands such as 1k stream and arch is worth 3 points I think. This was a rule written in the pwi wiki/TW ruling . Maybe 1k stream has a higher land value than arch when there is a tie in points?

I would like to extend a very huge thank you for actually attempting to answer the original question of the post. I wish sweetiebot was here because I would have to ask her to give you points for this. Kudos my friend and thanks for the information. You rock.
    ln5aR6B.jpg