test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Reclamation Rock

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Hail, Heroes of Neverwinter! (and the test shard!)
As part of the new content for this update, we're very excited to welcome adventurers to Reclamation Rock. Or should I say, back to Helm's Hold? For though the city was liberated from the Ashmadai, it now finds itself under dire threat from the Cult of the Black Earth. Level 62 players can enter into this level 63-65 zone to meet old friends and new foes while continuing the battle against the elemental cults.

Access
Characters of level 62+ can access Reclamation Rock by first completing the Elemental Evil introductory story quest, then speaking to Archdruid Morningdawn in Protector's Enclave and accepting the quest "Reclaiming the Rock".

Known Issues
  • There are still some enemies in this zone with the wrong model, so don't be surprised if you see some Dwarven fighters standing in for Earth Archons.
  • The foes in the player-triggered Heroic Encounters (The Bannermen & Defying the Rock) are too weak at the moment.

Feedback Desired
We are interested in your opinions of the environment, enemies, quests and really anything you find in the Fiery Pit. Of course we are also very eager to hear about any bugs or progression blockers you may encounter.

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
Spec: (Please enter the spec that you are providing feedback for here)
Please use “Bold” face text for the Type & Spec then type your feedback in the body of your post. If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use BLUE.
(Concise Feedback & Screen Shots are much appreciated)

Examples:
Bug: Quest: Duergar Task Force
I completed the “Mushroom Medic” Vigilance Task, but did not get credit for it in the Duergar Task Force Quest.

I wish there were more duergar traitors. I had trouble finding enough to defeat.

Not enough stuff was on fire. Where’s all the fire? I wish everything was more on fire. I wish I could light stuff on fire. No one ever lets me light anything on fire. (note: this type of feedback is less helpful, and may make us question the validity of said feedback. Also, please don’t ever light anything on fire that shouldn’t be on fire.)

Now, get out there and have fun with it! Let us know what you think![/COLOR]
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The title of the thread is incorrect. It is showing as Spinward rise atm.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    The title of the thread is incorrect. It is showing as Spinward rise atm.

You beat me to it.

I'm excited to test the new area out though.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • ew198ew198 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    are these actually up and running now as im just getting a timed out while trying to connect to the servers.
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Going to Reclamation Rock sends me to Protectors Enclave. I'm guessing you might want to look into this!
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • ew198ew198 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    arabatur wrote: »
    Going to Reclamation Rock sends me to Protectors Enclave. I'm guessing you might want to look into this!

snap. just dropped quest to see if picking it up again makes a difference and theres nowhere to pick the quest up from :(
  • ndainyendainye Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    BUG

Unable to enter Reclamation Rock. Level 63 and have completed the initial 3 elemental evil quests from Archdruid Morningdawn. I received a quest in Drowned Shores entitled Earth Tremors which says to meet with Dassar Truebow in Reclamation Rock. Attempting to zone into Reclamation Rock send me to Protector's Enclave. I tried speaking with Archdruid Morningdawn in order to get the quest Reclaiming the Rock as mentioned in the first post here but he only has the 2 repeatable Minsc quests available.
  • bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    This needs to be brought online so people can actually TEST IT. At this rate the mod will premier with only Drowned Shore being tested. 3 of 4 zones will have NO testing at this rate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    the new zone doesnt work, and can you do a Feedback thread for weapon/armour enchantments, cause they aren't working as intendend.

Again a new module released with all the important stuff broken?
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    arabatur wrote: »

Same issue here. :(
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• zetahatatezetahatate Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug: Underminer Quests

Whenever I defeat the boss of the quests involving the 'Underminer' instance, the quest just loops back around to say 'complete the instance', meaning that I can't progress through farther in this quest. It's in both the rescue workers quest as well as the alchemical bombs quest. It's likely in all versions of this quest.
    edited February 2015

Coming into the level 60-70 leveling as a previous level capped 60 who has completed the previous daily quest grind for campaigns I'm used the daily quest style Vigilance quests that we are hit with in the upper zones. That doesn't mean I like them it just means I'm used to doing the same quests repeatedly for similar rewards. I don't however feel that it is a good way to bring a new player that may be leveling from 1-70 for the first time into the grind. There is such a drastic change from talk to Knox get some information go to a new zone be greeted and then slowly the story unfolds and you are presented with bigger and bigger challenges as you progress - to entering a zone and being told go talk to this person and do 15 random quests and then I'll tell you to talk to someone else so that they can make you do the same thing.

The reuse of previous zones and instances is okay (understandable if not ideal), it's the re-use of the same instances in the same zone that is bugging me. There doesn't seem to be a reason for doing it or a finished feel when I've completed a new one. Having just killed the same mini boss for the second time in two hours I have no clue as to why she didn't stay dead the first time?

I don't feel at all connected to the story line that is attempting to be presented in Elemental Evil. I have found a total of 3 pieces of Lore since starting to progress through the story line. I believe the lore was all gained in the Minsc quests given in PE, not gathered while in zones or while talking to NPC's. I don't mind the re-use of the zones but gathering some information as to what has happened since we were in the area previously would be nice. I don't get the feeling that the people we helped previously are any where near or have changed at all since I was last there.

I'm trying not to be too critical but I'm feeling very meh about my progress. I don't really feel that there is a continuity from the previous leveling process.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    BUG: in Underminers(no stone unturned and rescue mission, had both) you dont get credit for rescuing last batch of workers either if you use thievery kit instead of switches to open gate or forget to talk to workers. didnt notice what exactly caused the bug, but i had the gate opened, workers gone and map marker still showed "open the gate to rescue civilians" did it 2nd time opening the gate with switches and talking to workers and it worked - i got the credit, killed the boss thing but exit gates are closed/inactive and map marker shows "exit the underlift"
    Paladin Master Race
    edited February 2015
    Bannerman Forever
    Rallypoint B doesnt have anything to activate - cant plant the flag

Black earth stone heart
    disrupt cultist rituals - there is no object(ceremonial rituals) to disrupt
    Paladin Master Race
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    BUG: Notch Fin

The HE boss Notch Fin is invisible. It can still be attacked but there is no visual of any kind (besides a name plate) and my attack graphics go into a completely different direction.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
    edited March 2015
    FEEDBACK QUESTS

Reclamation Rock is a level 63-65 zone. When completing Hannikar's Hunts I received a level 60 neck piece at level 65. The reward for this quest should be increased to better suit the level that the quest is intended for. Note: This is the first of the 15 vigilance quests goals that I have completed having out leveled every other area before I could complete 15 of the quests.

*edit* having just check the reward for Holding the Line this seems to be an issue for all of the vigilance quests here.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    BUG: Earthly Orders

I noticed after a couple days that the quest items "Deployment Orders" didn't get removed after completing the quest "Earthly Orders".
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Besieging the Rock

I cannot progress in this quest. The instructions are to meet with Brother Theodosian, then complete Vigilance Tasks (0/15). I have a check mark next to meeting with Brother Theodosian, but I have not been given any Vigilance Tasks and can't find anyone who will give me any.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Hannikar's Hunts

The only Vigilance quest available to me for Baram Hannikar is "Black Earth Rumble" where I am supposed to kill 100 enemies. No other quests are available. Also, I am stuck at 7/15. No matter how many times I complete Black Earth Rumble the counter stays at 7/15 complete.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    Bug: Besieging the Rock

I cannot progress in this quest. The instructions are to meet with Brother Theodosian, then complete Vigilance Tasks (0/15). I have a check mark next to meeting with Brother Theodosian, but I have not been given any Vigilance Tasks and can't find anyone who will give me any.

try talking to other npc, i remember i had smth like this, but i dont remeber what did i do to fix that, might be missing some quest marker or smth
    Paladin Master Race
    edited March 2015
    valwryn wrote: »
    BUG: Earthly Orders

I noticed after a couple days that the quest items "Deployment Orders" didn't get removed after completing the quest "Earthly Orders".

Doing this quest again was instantly completed as I still carry the quest items. The Deployment Orders still were not taken away.
    edited March 2015

I think I figured out why I am unable to progress. There appears to be a limit on how many tasks can be accepted at one time. If you have too many tasks, no more will be offered. The problem is that tasks in Spinward Rise, Reclamation Rock, and the Fiery Pit all count towards that limit. So if I accept too many tasks in Spinward Rise then I cannot progress in Reclamation Rock unless I abandon those quests. You should either change this so you can accept a certain number of quests in each zone, or make it clear that this limit is in place across all zones. Another problem is that each zone has three stages. After I complete the first stage, I only wants quests for the second stage. However, quests for the first stage are still offered and if I accept them then I am am not offered quests for the second stage. It is all very confusing and can very easily trap a player in a position where they can no longer progress unless they go through their journal and abandon every quest they have and try again to accept the "right" quests the next time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Black Earth Stone Heart

The instructions in this zone say to "Disrupt Cultist Ceremony (0/3)". There are three markers on the map and the quest trail leads to those three spots, but there is nothing there to disrupt. I cannot complete this task.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Bannermen Forever

When I accepted this quest it first sent me to "Rally Point B" where I raised the banner and defended it. After that the quest bugged and I couldn't turn it in. I dropped the quest and reacquired it. Then it sent me to "Rally point A" where I raised the banner, defended it and completed the quest. Something went wrong with the quest on my first try.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015

This quest seems pretty brutal. 150 enemies in three waves is a lot for a normal quest. And non-DPS classes are going to have a heck of a time trying to finish it. Also the Bulette's can be a royal pain in the butt. Two of them can chain-prone you to death by doing their burrow attack over and over. I got hit with it 4 times in a row without being able to move at any point. I was dead after the 3rd, then my soulforge procced, but I was still lying prone so I got nailed for the 4th time. I think you might need to grant prone immunity after getting hit by that attack once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015

The quest is now working correctly. The orders I was carrying were removed. "The Thieves, now I'll have to work for this quest!" :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.