test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Forum Maintenance Status - **UPDATED**

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey adventurers!

We will be conducting scheduled maintenance on the forums this coming Tuesday, February 18th, starting at 1PM PST (when is that in your time zone?). Maintenance is expected to last for 4 hours and access to the forums will be unavailable during this time.

This maintenance is backend only and does not include any player-facing or functionality changes.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

The Neverwinter Team

Update 1: As you've probably noticed, we were able to get in the design changes during the forum maintenance as well!
Update 2: There are a few known issues that have popped up since the forum maintenance. Take a look at them here. We're working on resolving them ASAP.
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sominator , sorry for the totally off topic post but is Panderus aware that the pvp preview patch doesn't seem to have been applied yesterday like he said it would be?
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think it's being applied today. Stay posted!
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Sominator , sorry for the totally off topic post but is Panderus aware that the pvp preview patch doesn't seem to have been applied yesterday like he said it would be?
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited February 2014
    Hey adventures, our forums will be going down in about 15 minutes. During the downtime, we'll update you on Facebook and Twitter! Cheers.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hope fully things are good to go. I did see you had to restore from an older database backup as some posts are missing. Avatar and sig images are broken if they were uploaded to the forums. The only reason why my sig works is cause I used img tags to link the sig.

The post box is white with black text but when you click it to add a post or edit it changes to black with a different color for text. The actual post colors after the msg is posted is ok.
  • heyrogersheyrogers Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 180 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    We are still working out some of the issues. The forums should be in a working state right now, but there are some notable issues that won't be able to be resolved until at least tomorrow:

- Some users might be redirected to the Unavailable page, rather than the forums, when trying to connect.
    - Reply buttons might require double-click to work properly.
    - Reply box formatting is very difficult to read.
    - Firefox users might be unable to reply to threads at all.
    edited February 2014
    The mods are going to be busy fixing double posts as you got double posted. Also you probably noticed that the quick buttons for bold and stuff when making a post is missing.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Looking pretty sweet!
  • heyrogersheyrogers Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 180 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    Pretty sure that double post was just the result of me being terrible at using the forums.
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have nothing positive to say about the new look. White on grey on dark grey is not something I consider good looking.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Will there be a skin available soon that reflects the old forum colors/layout?

The current color scheme is hard to read. Links have the same color as default text - at least on my end (Firefox 27.0.1)
    Once your account is in mobile mode you can not switch back as you can not return to full view. I managed it now, but it took me a while.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
    edited February 2014
    I actually have no issues with the color scheme. The reason they went with those colors is to match the color scheme of the new arcgames website.
  • itsatacoshop247itsatacoshop247 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The current color scheme is hard to read. Links have the same color as default text - at least on my end (Firefox 27.0.1)

Same thing for me on Chrome, no likey.
  • chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I like the new color scheme overall, but there are some issues. For example, the font color that this text box uses to type is hard to read. Otherwise, I like it better than the brown version and this will fit well into Arc (not that I'm particularly excited to have to use Arc).
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The old forums were kinda original and different... this setup is the same than any other forum in the interwebz... kinda dissapointing, anyway the forums are always as good as its posters are, so who cares.
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    BUG

Clicking on "Insert Image" in a new thread causes a white screen to occur and cannot be escaped out of. The "back" or "reload" must be used.

$ENV:
    -Win7 64bit
    -Chrome Version 32.0.1700.107 m
    -Extensions : AdBlock, Firebug, Better History
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    double post
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have nothing positive to say about the new look. White on grey on dark grey is not something I consider good looking.

i'd say they're not quite finished with these changes. however these colors DO match the arc client. i suspect there will be some tweaks come tomorrow.
    edited February 2014
    an issue i've discovered a work-around for. if you're having an issue where if you click "reply with quote" and the mouse cursor turns to the "busy" pointer and nothing else happens, try double clicking on "reply with quote". i am using firefox 27.0.1 and that seems to be happening for me. it will open the advanced editor page and not use the "quick reply" option.

also seeing a window pop up when i use "post quick reply" as it's prompting me as to whether or not i want to leave the page. if you don't leave the page, it won't post. so make sure you choose "leave this page".

again, this is with firefox 27.0.1.
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    wow, I really hope they make some better changes to the forums here. Right now this looks about as good as any run of the mill free forum most guilds use.
    edited February 2014
    I suspect the colors will stay as is as myself and others have said it matches the arcgames website and that is their plan to have all forums match the website.As an added issue concerning avatars. I have tried linking to an external avatar of mine and it won't take it as it comes up broken image just like if you have had one upload thru the forum.
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    i'd say they're not quite finished with these changes. however these colors DO match the arc client. i suspect there will be some tweaks come tomorrow.
    My feedback about the Arc client is even less positive, so let's just keep it at that.
    edited February 2014
    rhoric wrote: »
    I suspect the colors will stay as is as myself and others have said it matches the arcgames website and that is their plan to have all forums match the website.As an added issue concerning avatars. I have tried linking to an external avatar of mine and it won't take it as it comes up broken image just like if you have had one upload thru the forum.

yes, changing avatars/sig graphics do seem to be problematic at the moment. that's what i get for jumping the gun. lol! ah well... tomorrow is tomorrow.
    edited February 2014
    But for now signatures can be linked to externally using the bbcode img tags [img][/img] that is how mine is done. You just need the img hosted somewhere online not on your computer like I have seen people do in the past. This is how it was done years ago before developers started putting the ability for sigs to be uploaded into their forum software. Just put the img url in between the tags.
    edited February 2014
    ah thanks for the tip, rhoric! :)
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Sure, that's makes perfect sense, so when someone switches between game forums on arc they'll actually have to look around to be sure they're on the right forum where as before you could pretty much tell just from the colors. And while I get the idea behind matching the arc colors.....is bland really the best option?

One would think you'd want the forum color to be at least a lil exciting. At this rate why not just go back to old days when forums were pretty much black and white. This new color is just depressing to me. And im not even kidding, it really makes me not want to be here.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I overall like the new look, but is this white background for real?
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    But for now signatures can be linked to externally using the bbcode img tags [img][/img] that is how mine is done. You just need the img hosted somewhere online not on your computer like I have seen people do in the past. This is how it was done years ago before developers started putting the ability for sigs to be uploaded into their forum software. Just put the img url in between the tags.

Doesn't work here:

"Allow Image BB Code No"
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well the forum login still isn't fixed, have to go to the main PWE website for it to log you back in if you selected saving your details

Quick edit also not working for me (IE 10). Have to use advanced edit.

Oh and I don't like that link and text color are exactly the same. Can't really tell when someone is posting a link now or not, especially if it is embedded.

(did you find the link in my post?)

I guess I am a bit disappointed based on som's opening post:
    sominator wrote: »
    This maintenance is backend only and does not include any player-facing or functionality changes.
    edited February 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    Doesn't work here:

"Allow Image BB Code No"

That is weird that you are seeing that cause when I go to edit signature in my profile I see Allow Image BB Code Yes.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That is weird that you are seeing that cause when I go to edit signature in my profile I see Allow Image BB Code Yes.

Yup weird. Tried again.

Still no permissions to use BBCode for sig image. I tried to use it anyway but not working.
This discussion has been closed.