What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic OFFICIAL Feedback Thread: Dread Ring Epic Dungeon: Valindra's Tower

Comments

• valiant4evervaliant4ever Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    For those asking to see the new companion please find below:

qxrvit.jpg

There is not active bonus for this at the moment and even the symbol/avatar for it says "Place Holder" which implies it's a work in progress. It's interesting to see that it is an epic. Any feedback from developers on a) if it will stay Epic (purple) and b) what the active bonus is would be interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scannjerscannjer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited November 2013
    For those asking to see the new companion please find below:

There is not active bonus for this at the moment and even the symbol/avatar for it says "Place Holder" which implies it's a work in progress. It's interesting to see that it is an epic. Any feedback from developers on a) if it will stay Epic (purple) and b) what the active bonus is would be interesting.

Hey mate, nobody cares about the companion in here... I don't see anyone asking for it at all!

I did asked you before to tell us or show us how you killed the boss... but you seems to not care at all! So this to me looks like you find a way to exploit/glitch the boss... unless they reduced the difficulty in the last patch of course! ;)

As I see that a lot of people are having problems with this fight... even if you had perfect enchants and all rank 10's! I just can't see how you can do it on your second attempt without glitching it :) Unless everyone else is missing something...

So please make a video of the fight and share it with us...

Until then... I wont believe that you did it legit!
  • jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Btw... why in the pics there the skill of the Cw fire pargon....? It's a fake?
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You guys sure have a strange way to take your hats off...
  • scannjerscannjer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited November 2013
    Now I know how they did manage to kill Valindra :) (but I might be wrong as well)

Valindra Shadowmantle: Great Weapon Fighters may no longer use Unstoppable while being held by Valindra's attacks.
    Valindra Shadowmantle: Trickster Rogues may no longer use Impossible to Catch while being held by Valindra's attacks.
    Valindra Shadowmantle: Valindra's Phantom Claw no longer incorrectly vanishes when hit by certain powers.

Glad to see that today's patch notes fixed some of the exploits...

I'm happy to see the tweaks as well to the fight :) Now people will be able to kill her without the use of glitches!
  • jerikho1jerikho1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    We were not even aware of this and were pretty surprised ourselves so it does not change the fight for us. There`s been a lot of changes done to this fight now and hope we can see a lot more kills coming. Good luck and happy hunting to everyone.
    edited November 2013
    I'm sorry but you did nothing to back that up...
    If you want to make people like me being less b****y about it! Give them actual video kill :p

I guess you are also not aware of the CW/DC debuff stacking which doubles even triples the damage you can do :)

p.s. Nothing personal mate... I was just saying!
  • littleesperlittleesper Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    scannjer wrote: »
    I'm sorry but you did nothing to back that up...
    If you want to make people like me being less b****y about it! Give them actual video kill :p

I guess you are also not aware of the CW/DC debuff stacking which doubles even triples the damage you can do :)

p.s. Nothing personal mate... I was just saying!

I believe this thread is not a guide for Valindra's Tower and only serves as a feedback to the developers. If you came here to look for somebody to teach you techniques to clear the boss fight I think you're at the wrong place.
  • skullandcrownskullandcrown Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I assumed he meant that it will drop better loot when it gets increased to 65.

Correct, Orange. In addition, the rewards to Valindra and the end dungeon chest have been updated, but not sure if they have been pushed to the build you are currently playing. Like the previous Sharandar Campaign, you will be able to go to the campaign screen window (the flag icon on the top bar) and see what rewards are available and where.
    cheers
  • matii1509matii1509 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    After patch we kill Valindra. Now it's much easier.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spGCyvHgx48

Valindra deadth cutscene don't have proper sound.
    Also when I interact with treasure chest I only saw
    55xk.jpg
    edited November 2013
    I believe this thread is not a guide for Valindra's Tower and only serves as a feedback to the developers. If you came here to look for somebody to teach you techniques to clear the boss fight I think you're at the wrong place.

I will stop trolling you now :) I had enough of this anyway... do what ever you like!
  • macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I just did valindra an hour ago... actually i did it twice coz if ur party loot and use /killme valindra will show again and u can fight her again lol

The fight is ALOT easier, we did at the first attempt without any deads... both times :/ Well one thing is true, 2 TR with perfect vorpals and 2 CW well geared aswell and me as DC, we are all from the same guild and we know each other so it might make it easy (beside we didnt even used voice chat).

My feedback about the fight is: Valindra should have more HP, caskets should popup a bit more often but not like before lol and maybe hand should have a bit more HP again.

I personly think u nerf this fight a bit too much lol
    edited November 2013
    Take a consideration: not all the people of the server have perfect stone, i think's they nerfer her so much for let do it to pug too, whitout the use of glitch
    edited November 2013
    Omg now the boss suck :( You Matii, why you never used esaltation in divine mode? You died 2 time for stupid error :( But, nice video at last someone posted the kill for real ^^ cheers
  • nymerosnymeros Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jacksoon wrote: »
    Take a consideration: not all the people of the server have perfect stone, i think's they nerfer her so much for let do it to pug too, whitout the use of glitch

Oh Losers will use glitch anyway.

Imo this boss fight is pretty like a shot em up game, I will test it with a meele party.
    Words are like arrows. Once loosed, you cannot call them back
    Co-Leader of G r A v i t y X G a m e - Founder of the 1st Legit LFG and member of NW_Legit_Community
  • macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    jacksoon wrote: »

I agree with that but take in consideration that all of us dont have all new boons or lengendery artifacts either.... Artifacts alone will increase 3k to gear score and boons probably will have more than 1k too.

When i have 16-17k GS i will kill this boss with a sneeze.

Also keep in mind i did this fight like 2 times before the nerf and died all the time at the 3th phase.... now that they nerf it i did without any wipes twice. I understand many people dont have GS or a good Guild but u must also think about those who have it..... What im supose to do when i kill valindra for the 110 time ??

We want hard content.

Ps: And i dont have perfects or rank 9-10... just a note
    edited November 2013
    Me too, i tried 5 time before patch and all time wipe at 55% Valindra Hp. All the time we got killed by the unstoppable adds xD Now simply looking at that video, Dracolich legal is the most hard to kill it. That valindra don't even hit someone whitout the magic missle ( undodgiable skill ) and personally, i don't even know how they manage to die during 2-3 phase and 3-4. Random dodge, that party for sure isn't unable to kill the dracolich, so once again, this boss now is too easy :(
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    macabrivs wrote: »
    I agree with that but take in consideration that all of us dont have all new boons or lengendery artifacts either.... Artifacts alone will increase 3k to gear score and boons probably will have more than 1k too.

When i have 16-17k GS i will kill this boss with a sneeze.

Also keep in mind i did this fight like 2 times before the nerf and died all the time at the 3th phase.... now that they nerf it i did without any wipes twice. I understand many people dont have GS or a good Guild but u must also think about those who have it..... What im supose to do when i kill valindra for the 110 time ??

We want hard content.

Ps: And i dont have perfects or rank 9-10... just a note
    u do not take 2 cw and tr but gwf and gf and it will be few times harder and slower
  • klyzarklyzar Cryptic Developers Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This is great feedback. We are making adjustments to Valindra right now so we can make the fight challenging but fair. Thanks a ton!
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    matii1509 wrote: »

Meh I still didn't get to run it after. Nevermind, next time, gz on the kill :)
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    klyzar wrote: »
    This is great feedback. We are making adjustments to Valindra right now so we can make the fight challenging but fair. Thanks a ton!

do not do it :( leave at least one dungeon ppl can finish with gf+gwf in team ppl to who was to easy did not have them in team gwf +gf in team makes game few times harder since no room for extra cw and tr then
  • corpsemaker86corpsemaker86 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    One of the people who posted earlier and was talking about how easy it was... I was part of that group. He didn't bother to mention that I had rank 10s, a perfect set of companions to max damage, a perfect vorpal, pve spec, and a stone. The other TR had similar gear. both of us were over 14k. I was closer to 15k

Trust me when I say, the fight is now both fair and enjoyable. People did fall, and the first time we barley killed the boss. People had died when Val got to 2%. Only me and another were left and caskets were opening. It wasn't the biggest breeze like they make it out to be.

Pugs will struggle to kill this boss as will the majority of gamers who have good (not great) gear.

I have MC and CN on farm status. We farm CN almost everyday and sell the weapons. I can compare difficulty and say the new dungeon is more challenging. If you make this harder then what will end up happening is the same as MC. Assuming no exploits, the only way to kill this boss will be if you belong to an elite guild and do guild runs.

I suppose you can add more HP to Val but that's it

Remember, this dungeon doesn't have epics.... if u make it too hard or give Val too much hp then what incentive do I have to run the dungeon? the risk will be greater than the reward. Risk being time from wiping because my group isn't as well geared as I am. I wouldn't bother then. Just do CN instead
  • krinamankrinaman Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    One of the people who posted earlier and was talking about how easy it was... I was part of that group. He didn't bother to mention that I had rank 10s, a perfect set of companions to max damage, a perfect vorpal, pve spec, and a stone. The other TR had similar gear. both of us were over 14k. I was closer to 15k

Trust me when I say, the fight is now both fair and enjoyable. People did fall, and the first time we barley killed the boss. People had died when Val got to 2%. Only me and another were left and caskets were opening. It wasn't the biggest breeze like they make it out to be.

Pugs will struggle to kill this boss as will the majority of gamers who have good (not great) gear.

I have MC and CN on farm status. We farm CN almost everyday and sell the weapons. I can compare difficulty and say the new dungeon is more challenging. If you make this harder then what will end up happening is the same as MC. Assuming no exploits, the only way to kill this boss will be if you belong to an elite guild and do guild runs.

I suppose you can add more HP to Val but that's it

Remember, this dungeon doesn't have epics.... if u make it too hard or give Val too much hp then what incentive do I have to run the dungeon? the risk will be greater than the reward. Risk being time from wiping because my group isn't as well geared as I am. I wouldn't bother then. Just do CN instead

So a dungeon that requires multiple maxed out characters to barely beat that doesn't drop epics. Yeah, great idea cryptic.
  • docgaussdocgauss Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    matii1509 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spGCyvHgx48

Valindra deadth cutscene don't have proper sound.
    Also when I interact with treasure chest I only saw
    55xk.jpg
    Same problem here. I did this dungeon with three guild mates and I was the only one able to open the chest, all my mates saw that message too.

The dungeon looks nice, even if it's a little too short maybe. The boss fight is affordable now (I hadn't a chance of trying before the patch, but everybody seem to agree that it was impossible). It requires some coordination, that is good, but is totally doable with the right strategy.
    My main concern is about the drop that cannot be left as it is. If the most difficult dungeon will keep dropping blue items after the release of module 2, I think I won't even bother to get the key for the dungeon.
    Why should I waste my time to drop an item that can easily be dropped by random mobs running the campaign? I could run it during dungeon delves for the set, but as a DC I don't see a reason for getting the new set since the stats are almost useless IMHO.
  • krishn04krishn04 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Very disappointed by the whole dungeon. Given that its supposed to be Epic, and you have to kill Valindra, it did not feel Epic, more like a skirmish, then a dungeon. I would have loved a bit of fight in the tower, before facing Valindra, have it like castle never, a dark, depressing place, like the mind of Valindra, a place you would believe that she has made her own. The mini dungeons in the dread ring had far more atmosphere and fun then the tower. I think that the goal is wrong for such an Epic event, it shouldn't be about doing it quickly, but enjoying the atmosphere and feel of it. The difficulty should be scaled as well, the run through the city was easy with both bosses, and then a bugged fight with Valindra.
  • setheriosetherio Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Feedback from random run:

First I want to mention a couple of things before I get into the fight itself. The party was setup with random /zone messages and invites. It ended up being 3 CW & 2 TRs - none of us had entered the dungeon, none of us knew what to expect at all (no one looked at any forum threads relating to it, etc). We did not enter expecting to come out on top - we entered purely to explore and to just check it out... We were not coordinated at all as a party and one CW left midway through.

Our gear: Significantly better than that which is on the Live shard. I believe we all had at least rank 9+ and perfect enchantments.

So, with the aforementioned in mind (high profile gear, starting out as 3CWs, 2TR, just looking for an adventure), here's my thoughts and feedback on the dungeon...

I got to first mention the scenery - I wasn't expecting what I saw and I absolutely loved it. The feel to the area was right on spot... Now that I've said that... we started out completely disorganized and just having fun. We ran different ways, myself and another came across a room with a red carpet-like oval and the letters "BOSS" on it... something I found quite amusing for obvious reasons. Our party was scattered and two of us are all the sudden taking on a boss - what happened? I have no idea. It was chaos. I got turned to stone... I think it was because I looked at the boss... we decided to regroup and continue onwards, saying we'll come back to that spot later.

The run was fairly straight forward, but it didn't feel like it was "too easy" or "too simple." Personally, I thought the run was just the right feeling, a sort of chase / lure, or a cat-and-mouse kind of touch to it. We approach the entrance, get the second boss, again, not much problems - or anything that notably stood out - at this point. The only thing that really stood out was that I was expecting a sort of... battle progression through the tower prior to reaching Valindra. We got to Valindra, and I didn't even think it was the actual final boss.. one of our CW's left at this point and it was the four of us - 2CW's and 2 TRs.

The battle started and it was... interesting to say the least...

It didn't take long for our party to fall apart. But then something happened... I fell in battle, arose at the campfire and went up to the gate to watch my fellow comrades take on Valindra and I watched as she picked them off... one by one... As the last fell... I suddenly found myself engaged in battle once again...

I quickly fell.. once again... to arise at the campfire only to find the rest of my party engaged in battle... okay... something is wrong here... None of us knew what was happening at first... We did not want a fight like this. Granted, we didn't expect to win, doesn't mean we wanted this to happen...

Apparently, anytime the last member in the battlefield fell, anyone within 10' (give or take) of the gate would be teleported in and Valindra's health did not restore. If no one was within 10' of the gate, nothing would happen - until someone got within 10' of the gate, at which point they would be teleported into the battlefield. This meant two things.

1) We could not engage in a full battle (entire party inside battlefield)
    2) Valindra would never reset back to full health

And we did try to get her to reset, waiting fallen for several minutes. Waiting at the campfire for several minutes, but she never reset...

So we took this opportunity to check out the fight. After all, we are on the preview server to test things, so why not mess around and figure things out? From what we experienced, this fight, as a proper fight, would seem to prove to be a good tactical challenge - one I look forward to taking on when things are fixed... From the undead that keep you moving during the flanking portions (which, seem to be quite random and very frequent as her health drops - often beginning within 5 seconds of the previous one ending, something I presume would be a bug?) to the methods of prevent adds from spawning (or, at least, decreasing the amount that spawn). It was one of the more fun dungeons.... though... that was with our setup...

I honestly don't see being able to take on Valindra with an "average" PUG party or even an "above average" PUG party. With what it took to defeat her, even as we did - with the bugs and glitches and high profile gear/enchantments - it was difficult. And though we figured out some key elements to the battle, I doubt I would be able to complete this dungeon when it goes live (though that won't stop me from trying). I think it's great that there are tactical elements that enable the players to prevent adds from spawning and certain elements which allow for a successful and fun battle, the stats make the deck seem stacked quiet a lot against us in terms of a skilled party with slightly above average gear/enchantments probably wouldn't be very successful and it would take exceptional gear/enchantments in order for a successful run.

I definitely plan on trying this run again and hopefully will be able to face Valindra without that glitch. This time, maybe I'll just wear the exact gear I use on Live and see how well that stacks up but I'm willing to wager it won't play well at all....

Side note: After we beat Valindra, we did end up returning back to the first boss and he was nowhere to be found =( So plan on fighting him first next time....

[EDIT]
    PS: Reading the past few comments... We entered during a delve and upon opening the chest I got the Dagger of the Thayan Regent - which is the main hand set dagger. One member found some set gloves, another the lower tier (non-set) epic Orb. I'm pretty sure I got a few other things in chest as well though can't recall specifics.
    [/EDIT]
    ~Setherio

Creator and maintainer of TR's Epic Gear Comparison Spreadsheet

Join the legit community channel on Neverwinter!
    /channel_join NW_Legit_Community
    /bind 9 channel_setcurrent NW_Legit_Community
    And press 9 in game (not in ALT mode) to easily access the channel!
    edited November 2013
    It will be appreciated if you optimize the dungeon... It's really hard to play there at the moment unless you have a super computer! ;)

I think the main reason is that is open world dungeon and needs to load a lot of things... But every fight in there is FPS killer even when you are doing nothing...

To be honest with you... I have better performance in Protector's Enclave then in Valindra's Tower ;(
    edited November 2013
    krishn04 wrote: »
    Very disappointed by the whole dungeon. Given that its supposed to be Epic, and you have to kill Valindra, it did not feel Epic, more like a skirmish, then a dungeon. I would have loved a bit of fight in the tower, before facing Valindra, have it like castle never, a dark, depressing place, like the mind of Valindra, a place you would believe that she has made her own. The mini dungeons in the dread ring had far more atmosphere and fun then the tower. I think that the goal is wrong for such an Epic event, it shouldn't be about doing it quickly, but enjoying the atmosphere and feel of it. The difficulty should be scaled as well, the run through the city was easy with both bosses, and then a bugged fight with Valindra.

Yeah, I agree. It's ultra-short. Which would be just fine - if there were other dungeons in the module as well, with many other bosses. I also agree it has less of an atmosphere than the lairs, not epic at all.

Not enough endgame content, no epic feeling... this summarizes it.
    scannjer wrote: »
    It will be appreciated if you optimize the dungeon... It's really hard to play there at the moment unless you have a super computer! ;)

I think the main reason is that is open world dungeon and needs to load a lot of things... But every fight in there is FPS killer even when you are doing nothing...

To be honest with you... I have better performance in Protector's Enclave then in Valindra's Tower ;(

Same here. There are moments when I lagged a lot, particularly those with lots of spawns. Worse than PE.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't think that making dungeons shorter is a bad idea. Instead of 45 minutes, make them 30 minutes with no exploits or shortcuts/ fast runs. Lenght does not mean epicness. Epicness is made by atmosphere.
    edited December 2013
    pando83 wrote: »
    I don't think that making dungeons shorter is a bad idea. Instead of 45 minutes, make them 30 minutes with no exploits or shortcuts/ fast runs. Lenght does not mean epicness. Epicness is made by atmosphere.

This would be cool if they added 5-6 dungeons/module. I like fast runs as well.

But they added a single one/module.

A SINGLE ONE DUNGEON, for 3-4 months.

Very, very bad.

At least if you add a single dungeon, make it a large one with saved progress and many bosses in different "wings". Something like 12 bosses, you complete a wing, it saves your progress so you can continue tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.