test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unstoppable nerfed ???

poolerzeus1poolerzeus1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Militia Barracks
I have a level 40 GWF and i've been leveling him pretty much only playing PVP. Today i logged in for the first time after last patch, and i was amazed to see that i got slowed 3 times in 2 games while Under Unstoppable effect. And when i say slowed i mean slowed, i could barely move. That never happened before. Anyone has any clue what was happening there ?
Post edited by poolerzeus1 on

Comments

• copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That actually happened to me as well a few times last night. I did a Pirate run, and I havent run Pirate for a long time so I assumed that it was a slow effect from the boss. So I am not sure if it has to do with a stealth nerf or combat mechanic.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    Yes they nerfed unstoppable. You are no longer immune to movement impairing effects.
  • l0th4ri0l0th4ri0 Member Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes they nerfed unstoppable. You are no longer immune to movement impairing effects.

So what we're saying is that during Unstoppable, we are now "stoppable"? :)
  • benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh good, now the wizards can play ping pong with us.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    On the other hand.. we can still 3 shot most wizards :)
  • rustypipe7889rustypipe7889 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think this is a terrible idea, they are nurfing pretty well one of the only really good traits/reasons to be a gwf, considering we are viciously ignored by groups on epic dungeons, this just makes it that much worse all around in pvp/pve
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oooh goodie! This means my DC's Break the Spirit will annoy the heck out of GWFs and my GF will laugh while kiting "beast mode" of GWF. :)

Though, tbh, it does sound more like a bug than a stealth nerf. It would have such a ridiculously small effect in overall scheme of things in pvp (unless there is some other effect other than being affected by Slows, e.g. all movement-impairements), so why bother?

All it does is nerf the effectiveness of GWF in PvE against annoying trash. Unless there's some new CC-heavy content incoming or something, ofc, in which case everyone except GWF is in even more trouble...
    edited July 2013
    I think this is a terrible idea, they are nurfing pretty well one of the only really good traits/reasons to be a gwf, considering we are viciously ignored by groups on epic dungeons, this just makes it that much worse all around in pvp/pve

I agree. The problem has always been and STILL is stacking HP + Tenebrous in Sent spec. They will keep <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with GWF core mechanics to make us less useful in PvE. I swear I really do not believe the level of incompetence of those making these decisions.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    I swear I really do not believe the level of incompetence of those making these decisions.

What have you been doing for the last few months :)

Sadly, this seems par for the course - think back to the 60% damage nerf to the GWF after Closed Beta AFTER WHICH a Dev stated that they still thought the class was too strong...
  • evo404evo404 Member Posts: 49
    edited July 2013
    Great! So now Unstoppable not only breaks all the time but it doesn't actually make us unstoppable anymore...
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Easy fix is to just nerf the damage of and make it no longer unmitigated and undeflectable.
  • harshalnharshaln Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    great i was using pushing charge and sprint to give that cw or dc or tr 3 to 4 hit ..............they have all the spells to run like marathon runner ......and gwf got nerf with unstoppable ........wtf ......all the time eating animations gwf have that's not enough that they nerfed unstoppable .........
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm going to test DC's Chains of Blazing Light on some angry pvp "Unstoppable" (giggle) GWF's!

Watch this space...

EDIT:

Does not appear to work. I even asked and no one remarked on it. Used it in one whole match after they popped Unstoppable.

So, I guess it only applies to slows, or maybe certain types of slows and most likely exclusively in PvE.

Wish we could duel in this game.
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    What have you been doing for the last few months :)

Sadly, this seems par for the course - think back to the 60% damage nerf to the GWF after Closed Beta AFTER WHICH a Dev stated that they still thought the class was too strong...

The GWF is still the strongest class in the game when it comes to PvP .

On a side note , learn to type .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
    edited July 2013

You do realize it's only been 1day and most likely 90% of the people dont know about the nerf yet or how to take advantage of it. Just wait until it is common knowledge and see every other class making sure they are slotting a Slow effect.
  • honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is not entirely true, it still works fine for slows just not all slows. Some of them seem to get by, not sure which yet. Also DCs with some offensive abilities can knock you back a few feet with Unstoppable up now.
  • poolerzeus1poolerzeus1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well ok, thanks for all the replies. Good to know i am not crazy. It's sad that they start nerfing a character that already has some trouble finding groups in PVE. Personally i don't really care since i'm more PVP oriented, so yeah that nerf is affecting me even more. I guess i should go back to leveling me TR. This class never seems to get nerfed, even though they can one shot people in 60 PVP. Thanks PW for nerfing a class i was starting to like. :mad:
  • ifartedagainifartedagain Member Posts: 69
    edited July 2013

and PVE

I'm always...."ALWAYS" number 1 on damage ranks in epic dungeons.
    I love the sweet aroma of my own flatulence. #DontJudgeMe.
  • lordgallenlordgallen Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developers Posts: 91
    edited July 2013
    Hi,
    So Unstoppable is indeed supposed to prevent movement impairing effects from happening.
    It's likely that there are a handful of speed reduction effects that can not be resisted.

Will certainly get looked into.

Does anyone recall what they were fighting when they got snared?
    edited July 2013
    lordgallen wrote: »
    Hi,
    So Unstoppable is indeed supposed to prevent movement impairing effects from happening.
    It's likely that there are a handful of speed reduction effects that can not be resisted.

It happened to me fighting the last boss in Pirate. At least that's when I noticed a slowing effect while Unstoppable. Also during PvP GG but wasn't paying attention at the cause of the effect.

I think it is easier to look at what movement imparing Powers were changed in the last 2 days, because this never happened before. It only started in the last 48.
  • poolerzeus1poolerzeus1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi and thanks for ansewering. I think that the spell that was slowing me, even Under Unstoppable effect, was Forgemaster's Fire from the Devoted Cleric. I will keep on doing more PVP to confirm but i am pretty sure it was this spell.
    Hi,

• honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi,

DC definitely have an offensive ability that kind of knocks you back a little (not the PBAOE but rather one of their big ranged attacks) and it works when you are Unstoppable now. It has been like this for several patches.

Also I noticed it earlier tonight fighting a CW and this is a new one - they were able to slow me very briefly. It seems maybe on the initial application of some abilities? But then it would immediately fade. Possibly Icy Rays was one of them. I'll keep a tighter lookout on it.
    edited July 2013
    CW pushback melee fear (Severe Reaction) affects you even when you're unstoppable - it also has a 100% proc rate instead of the 15% it is supposed to have.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There are also multiple NPC attacks that knock you back even when unstoppable, it's incredibly annoying.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    I agree. The problem has always been and STILL is stacking HP + Tenebrous in Sent spec. They will keep <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with GWF core mechanics to make us less useful in PvE. I swear I really do not believe the level of incompetence of those making these decisions.

Me neither. I have found myself class hopping a bit, as the idiocy breaks one class after another. This sort of random kneejerk nerfing is characteristic of a lack of coherence in the combat design, and the sign of a "B" grade team. It's pretty bad in Neverwinter, though nowhere near as hilariously inept as in games like Warframe.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Have one of your testers run thru Spell plague. Plenty of slows and knockbacks to verify the effects. I ran it last night and thought...man...why am I running in molasses during unstoppable...I thought my PC was slowing down due to all the animations....

I would have to pop sprint in order to move...DURING unstoppable.
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Unless you have steel defense on.
    edited July 2013
    Hi,

I remember you used to be able to break out of the effects of Smoke Bomb (TR ability) by popping Unstoppable but now you can't.
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I remember you used to be able to break out of the effects of Smoke Bomb (TR ability) by popping Unstoppable but now you can't.

Not true, unless they changed it in the last 12 hours. I was doing several PvP runs last night and Unstop enabled me to hit TRs while within smoke.
    edited July 2013
    Unless you have steel defense on.

Steel Defense only works with the Daily power not Unstoppable.