test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130529z.20

Comments

• j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Guess ppl will be busy these days trying to figure out which shortcuts still work. Kinda interesting that the changelog states that it's still possible to exit the gamespace, just not as easy. Seems like they want certain "hidden paths" to remain in the game as a feature.
  • erikaalerikaal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Personally I think the whole team working on this game has a lot of chutzpah for taking the weekend off it seems when a major launch feature is broken and removed from the game it was so bad.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    terramak wrote: »
    These changes are on NeverwinterPreview as of ~7:00PM PDT, 6/21.
    • Rank 5: Explore: The time to complete this task has been increased to 2 hours.

Why? Leadership is already painful enough to level. I normally don't use that one anymore but it's a good filler task when timers on others are down in the 1 hour range.
    Pirates' Skyhold
    • Lair of the Pirate King: Due to increased dungeon safety standards, enemies in the third part of this dungeon are now much less susceptible to being knocked off the edge.

Eh. Guessing it's to much to hope for that the number of mobs was reduced somewhat. It's more tedium than challenge.
    PvP
    • Domination: Mount Hotenow and Rivenscar Ruins: Players may no longer target and attack players in spawn points with ranged or teleport attacks. Players in spawn points may not snipe from their perches there, either.

Thanks!
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When will this patch go live? I still see " LFM CN last boss only " ?!?!
  • dominusludidominusludi Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 4 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2013
    For those of you having keyboard issues, can you still use escape to get to the options screen? If so, can you try resetting your keybinds?
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Idk if the patch is live or not but today i saw people attacking form the spawn in the battle ground .

Also --- The Frozen Heart: Players may no longer destroy Grast the Gutcruncher's orbs and open the path before engaging him.
    The Frozen Heart: There is no longer a wall that allows players to walk directly through it.

You can still kill the orb and move on .
  • matii1509matii1509 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For those of you having keyboard issues, can you still use escape to get to the options screen? If so, can you try resetting your keybinds?

All keys don't work, escape inclusive. But can open options other way. After reset keybinds still don't work but now can manually set keybinds.
  • konidragoskonidragos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Moonstone Mask: The security on the VIP area of the Moonstone Mask has been beefed up.

This is going make VIP dead on Dragon - I think there was only one VIP who had a problem with it.

How about changing the entrance so anyone in a group with a VIP can get in - I have a quite a few RP friends who hang out in there. Otherwise I think I may only see 1 or 2 people a week!

I appreciate that we want there to be exclusivity to who can go in, but surely VIP's would be able to have a "guest list".

I do heartily applaud the other glitch fixes as well!!
  • barefootjustinbarefootjustin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the history lessons bug has still not been addressed and does not open the maps II achievement of the neverdeath graveyard. very annoying, people have been waiting months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

As stated by others, ESC does not work as well. The odd thing is I am not using any different key binds than the standard ones.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • konidragoskonidragos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same problem with keyboard

Keyboard : Mad Catz v.7
    Launcher set locale English (US flag)
    System Locale - English (British)
    Keyboard Set - UK
  • s32ialxs32ialx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Protector's Enclave

Moonstone Mask: The security on the VIP area of the Moonstone Mask has been beefed up.
    konidragos wrote: »
    This is going make VIP dead on Dragon - I think there was only one VIP who had a problem with it.

How about changing the entrance so anyone in a group with a VIP can get in - I have a quite a few RP friends who hang out in there. Otherwise I think I may only see 1 or 2 people a week!

I appreciate that we want there to be exclusivity to who can go in, but surely VIP's would be able to have a "guest list".

I do heartily applaud the other glitch fixes as well!!

This is very unfair glitches like this should not be frowned upon because of one individual whining about it. Things like this should be left alone just like they left the auction house glitch in World of Warcraft alone and only changed it for the simple fact that the new expansion required a complete redo of the whole city of Orgrimmar....

Seriously You make it so Rogues can still get up there that are not VIP yet you deny everyone else the ability to get up there... maybe you need to disable deft strike for friendly players.. Why don't you guys worry about making the two bedrooms in the back of the VIP area in the Moonstone Mask actually function fully as rooms instead of having invisible walls that prevent you from sitting on the couches in those rooms instead of preventing players that like to have fun and RP from doing so. Your foundry quests only allow 5 players per instance so it's impossible to get a group of more then 5 in one to do a decent role play.. there goes any chance at a decent web series and with denying paying players access to a room that has no VIP items accessible in it is just plain silly. I would understand if you had VIP shops up there but you have nothing but annoying Nobles that walk around and push you and stop you from doing your dance and get in your way all the time.

IMO you jut ruined all of the FUN a lot of players have in-between dungeons and PVP because that's really the only place to hang out and be social that can accept more then 5 players per instance.

You know there are people out there like myself that are Disabled and have a set income that isn't very high we cannot afford to pay rent buy food for ourselves and our kids pay car insurance, gas and pay for internet monthly fee's and ON top of that fronting $200 to your company as a one time payment in full. I would like a payment plan and I might consider the founders pack but you don't offer that. and I have spent money on the game when I have had spare money I could afford to throw towards you guys in support of such a great game even with all the flaws.

It's not very fair how you treat your none founder of the north players by denying them access to a place that doesn't serve ANY benefits to the Founders of the North other then a place where they can Roleplay BUT once all of the none FotN players can't get in there anymore it will just be an empty area with 1 maybe 2 people in it at a time threw out the day because it's only full with us none FotN players trying to find a place that we won't get muted as spammers... there are no usable NPC's here no SHOPS no Vendors NOTHING so really it's pointless to even have this area again considering you can't even do the area up right and you have this invisible wall blocking the chairs in the two bedrooms at the back.

In closing you should be more concerned with stats and zone bugs that actually cause instability to the game and the economy NOT a glitch that just allows players to be more social.
  • heilkraaftheilkraaft Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Issues currently under investigation
    • Savage Enchantment not properly giving or displaying buffs.

As always, the content on NeverwinterPreview is subject to change. The investigation list is not comprehensive, but represents some of the issues brought up in Preview threads currently being confirmed or addressed.

Thanks a ton for checking out NeverwinterPreview! :)

While you're looking into that I notice my Vorpal enchantments dont show up. Not sure if they work since I can't see the effect and Im too lazy to test it all out with AD costs for undoing it etc.
    3IBbXcG.jpg
    edited June 2013
    Also the MAJORLY ANNOYING ISSUE with people getting double /'s when they try to whisper or change channels. You fix the room for all of what three players? but not this? what a joke.
    3IBbXcG.jpg
  • a2ura2ur Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    still no vorpal enchantment graphic fix?
  • s32ialxs32ialx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    a2ur wrote: »
    still no vorpal enchantment graphic fix?

it's more the issue that it doesn't display an increase in your stats at least it doesn't DISPLAY the increase... can't tell if it actually works at all tbh

Issues like this are being over looked while things like the moonstone mask are getting patched how silly are these developers. $200's gets you alot more then access to a silly room and I know MANY founders that have 0 issue with none founders being up there.
    edited June 2013
    s32ialx wrote: »
    it's more the issue that it doesn't display an increase in your stats at least it doesn't DISPLAY the increase... can't tell if it actually works at all tbh

Issues like this are being over looked while things like the moonstone mask are getting patched how silly are these developers. $200's gets you alot more then access to a silly room and I know MANY founders that have 0 issue with none founders being up there.

but I'm talking about graphic bug
    qywg08.png
    This is greater vorpal and it looks terrible.
    edited June 2013
    qywg08.png

OH well I dunno about that I only have a Lesser and it barley sparkles but are you playing on Max Graphics? it could be why it's not so pretty if your not.. i have antialising maxed lighting and shadows maxed etc.
    edited June 2013
    qywg08.png

I don't care if it stay like that for a while as long as I can see it working on my chars stats. gameplay > cosmetics
    3IBbXcG.jpg
    edited June 2013
    s32ialx wrote: »
    OH well I dunno about that I only have a Lesser and it barley sparkles but are you playing on Max Graphics? it could be why it's not so pretty if your not.. i have antialising maxed lighting and shadows maxed etc.

it looks the same on max graphics
    edited June 2013
    it looks the same on max graphics

That's no good :( Cosmetics really do help sell a game but yea the stats not showing up should be priority over that but it's things like this stats missing cosmetics not working (for example : Capes that slice you in half or slice threw your neck.. or the Courtesan outfit bottoms that get all twisted and glitched out) but instead of things like that they just ruin players fun and patch things that no one cared about getting patched minus ONE player that complained about it.
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2013
    Hey folks,

We've temporarily backed up to the build NW.3.20130529g.19 for the Gauntlgrym Flash Playtest. This build is the same as NW.3.20130529g.18, plus a few fixes to Gauntlgrym's performance.

For the time being, the changes in NW.3.20130529z.20 are not on NeverwinterPreview. Just FYI! :)
    edited June 2013
    Hey folks,

We've temporarily backed up to the build NW.3.20130529g.19 for the Gauntlgrym Flash Playtest. This build is the same as NW.3.20130529g.18, plus a few fixes to Gauntlgrym's performance.

For the time being, the changes in NW.3.20130529z.20 are not on NeverwinterPreview. Just FYI! :)

Unfix the Mask Please.
  • nisdiddumsnisdiddums Member Posts: 81 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2013
    Hey guys,

We have a fix in for the keyboard issue that we will be testing internally before patching it to the Preview shard.
    Please check back for details of this week's next patch, and whether it contains this fix.

Thanks!
  • beldogbeldog Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the quest "Highpriest of Lolth" is still bugged and cant be completed successfully
  • odinspathodinspath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    no visual/processing optimization :(, That makes sad panda sad. everything else addressed in the patch looks good though.
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vorphied wrote: »
    Can we officially add the huge pile of CW-related bugs to the public list of issues under investigation? :)

This times infinity please, thanks.
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How about completely removing Righteousness. You've said you are "looking into it", just delete it? Buh bye Righteousness, thx!
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    • General: Powers, Feats, and effects that adjust cooldowns, such as Dazzling Blades and the Master Duelist set bonus for the Trickster Rogue, now adjust cooldowns by the proper amount.
    What about Relentless Battle Fury for the GWF? The description of the feat says "Reduces the cooldown" but what it actually does is add Recharge Speed Increase instead, which does not have the same result.
    I'd like if either the effect or the feat description were fixed.
  • vinjaxvinjax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just logged into the launcher and had an update now the keyboard works fine
This discussion has been closed.