test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance 6-21-13 12:01 AM PDT

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey everyone!

We'll be performing a scheduled maintenance midnight tonight, 6/21 at 12:01 AM PDT (when is that in your time zone?). Estimated downtime is two to three hours.

Patch notes will be available here.

Thank you!

Update: To help players affected by a Gauntlgrym issue, we're moving this up to midnight tonight -- 12:01 AM PDT, 6/21.

After maintenance, affected players will be back to normal. Gauntlgrym will stay down, but we're working to get it back up as soon as possible.

Updated Midnight PDT: Maintenance has started!
Updated 1AM PDT: Maintenance is complete!
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• twisted0utlawtwisted0utlaw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wonder whats going to be in this patch
  • vampiregoatvampiregoat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wonder whats going to be in this patch
    a whole lot of NU thing is what.
  • serpentttserpenttt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    Hopefully to fix that abortion they rolled out on launch. What exactly was the point of us having all those alpha Gaunt tests? Launch day and it doesn't work. Good work men, good work.
  • silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Hope they don't nerf the GWF... my rogue is useless in PvP unless I wanna be 100% stealth and sit on points, at least with my now over powered GWF I can face roll again.
    I ENJOY PLAYING NWO
  • sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hope they don't nerf the GWF... my rogue is useless in PvP unless I wanna be 100% stealth and sit on points, at least with my now over powered GWF I can face roll again.

Not just the rogue.... the CW is useless in PvP as well....
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dont get your hopes up. They probably just adding something to the zen market...

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• jstallard2012jstallard2012 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hopefully to put the event vendor back in.
  • killerellakillerella Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Makos' Apprentice in Protector's Enclave?
  • thesaminator1thesaminator1 Member Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    Hopefully they fix the item sets for the classes and fix the feats, especially for the CW(has the most by far). And also maybe they could get the savage enchantments(from the event) to actually work, that would be nice.
  • satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Yeah, that explains why there was a rogue with a vid 2~3 shotting people after that 'nerf'.
  • pwetrailturtlepwetrailturtle Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Time changed to midnight tonight -- 12:01 AM PD, 6/21. This is to resolve an issue affected some players in Gauntlgrym. More details are available in this thread.
    edited June 2013
  • theodraxtheodrax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    Hopefully to put the event vendor back in.

I must admit I was pretty surprised to see the event vendor gone so quicly. Most MMO's leave the vendor around a bit after the event ends.

On the whole my experience with the game has been pretty positive, but there have been a lot of these little mistakes that slowly ad up to annoyance.
    edited June 2013
    theodrax wrote: »
    I must admit I was pretty surprised to see the event vendor gone so quicly. Most MMO's leave the vendor around a bit after the event ends.

On the whole my experience with the game has been pretty positive, but there have been a lot of these little mistakes that slowly ad up to annoyance.

Makos' Assistant, right? He'll be back after maintenance.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    I definitely get where you're coming from theodrax. I'm not sure why he left so fast but he's coming back so all's well that ends well? ;)

He was stated to be coming back basically as soon as he vanished. No convincing the dev's to return him required. If we had to fight to get him back I'd agree with you but they resolved it as quickly as possible and to me that's what matters.
  • tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I definitely get where you're coming from theodrax. I'm not sure why he left so fast but he's coming back so all's well that ends well? ;)

He was stated to be coming back basically as soon as he vanished. No convincing the dev's to return him required. If we had to fight to get him back I'd agree with you but they resolved it as quickly as possible and to me that's what matters.

Next time someone steals your car, sit tight maybe they'll bring it back, and if they do just thank them, no harm no foul.
    O look there's a dev, you want to run off and hump his leg. That's fine. We understand.
  • shajib1234shajib1234 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is getting really irritating.

1) You screwed us up for the event which was supposed to go down at 21st june 10am according to calender, which was suddenly changed without updating it.

2) The highlight of the whole hoo-hah of yesterday's update is broken! This is a joke.
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maintenance has started!
  • fragilevyoletfragilevyolet Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree its become a tank dominated world, If your a Rogue or a Wizard your in trouble, you gotta be an ******* by sitting somewhere they cant reach or stay invisible 100% of the time throwing daggers toe keep them from seeing you.
  • dreadheartdreadheart Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now I know NeverWinter is part of PWI you screwed up the maintenance times, just like the rest of the PWI games.
  • omholsomhols Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    serpenttt wrote: »
    Hopefully to fix that abortion they rolled out on launch. What exactly was the point of us having all those alpha Gaunt tests? Launch day and it doesn't work. Good work men, good work.

Obviously, during alpha, the point was to report bugs instead of complaining about them. Too bad you didn't or it would've been smoother. Considering the only thing I had trouble with was putting relics in the chest and finding a place to cook the food I'd say it was a great launch. I received my access to the T2 dungeon and I loved every minute of it.

This was fun and a great taste of future "raid-like" challenges. It went exactly as I expected; almost everyone panicked and forgot they had a map and a heads-up objective display. Before the event began, there was a liaison for your faction telling you everything you needed to do through instruction screens. Then, there was spoken instructions at each phase. NOT TO MENTION THE CUTSCENES showing all of the goals visually.

Although one needed to be in a guild and level 60, no one was penalized for not being in a group during any phase of the event. No one was penalized if someone quit because that person couldn't figure out they had to click the grate (or read /z with everyone saying that).

To the person that wrote, "Now it looks like it's he who Pays To Win Wins" during the PvP phase at the 4:00 p.m. battle; I won my Heavy Inferno Nightmare with a key bought using Zen exchanged from earned Astral Diamonds. I was also the only one out of twenty who had one; and we still beat you with /party teamwork. Yes, I was the person writing: YOUR TEARS TASTE DELICIOUS over and over and over.

Was a five-point star shaped PvP arena in other games too? Absolutely! Just like you'll still take your new girlfriend to the same movie theater as the others, you'll still get goose bumps with anticipation. There will be more. There will be newer. There will be greater.

This is a great game that is by no means perfect. It is sad that they've bent over backwards listening to us and we as a community act like we would when our parents buy us a BMW instead of the Mercedes we wanted. FOR FREE.

Instead of having to wipe over and over figuring out game mechanics while setting up for 45 minutes each time, we were sent in more prepared and expectant then during any other game I've ever played. I've never known more about what was going to happen while still being so pleasantly surprised at the outcome.

Am I happier because my team won? No. A sword knot dropped. I congratulated the winner.

I recognize potential and greatness when I see it. I had no problem with this raid event because I already went to college.
    Master of Monsters - Caturday Survivor 2013 - Master Scryer
    fss_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • pilletrillarnpilletrillarn Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Let Gauntlgrym be down and put more effort in creating more content for Neverwinter. Gauntlgrym is only PVP and PVP don't belong in D&D or in Neverwinter.
  • kronnixkronnix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Agreed! No better way to shine off the go live date with an emergency maintenance like this one. You deserve a trophy... LOL

Maybe if more time and effort was spent on QA than Zen store marketing the stability would be acceptable. When's the last time you've seen issues with the Zen store? Priorites... priorities...
    edited June 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    Next time someone steals your car, sit tight maybe they'll bring it back, and if they do just thank them, no harm no foul.
    O look there's a dev, you want to run off and hump his leg. That's fine. We understand.

Dude; what is your glitch?
  • serpentttserpenttt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    Let Gauntlgrym be down and put more effort in creating more content for Neverwinter. Gauntlgrym is only PVP and PVP don't belong in D&D or in Neverwinter.

It's not only pvp. In fact, the pve portion of it is pretty fun.
    edited June 2013
    kronnix wrote: »
    Agreed! No better way to shine off the go live date with an emergency maintenance like this one. You deserve a trophy... LOL

Maybe if more time and effort was spent on QA than Zen store marketing the stability would be acceptable. When's the last time you've seen issues with the Zen store? Priorites... priorities...

This is why the ZEN Store works. Grow up, kid.
  • eag1e67eag1e67 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kronnix wrote: »

The patch consists of the following

Professions
    Alchemy now properly shows up in the Gateway Profession list.
    Alchemy now properly shows up in the Auction House, under the Professions category.
    The Resources bag in the Profession inventory tab now has 30 more slots, for a total of 90.

End of Beta Event
    Makos' Assistant is back in Protector's Enclave, and will be accepting the bones of Valindra's minions from the End of Open Beta event until 7am Pacific on July 3rd.

Gauntlgrym
    Resolved an issue that was causing map-wide disconnects.

Perfect world aint a charity, they need to make money to keep the games going ( salaries have to be paid )

However, it's only pixels & it's also F2P so up to you if you want to buy zen or not, no one is forcing you
  • nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Abortion or abomination?
    edited June 2013
    omhols wrote: »
    long winded post saying essentially nothing.

We actually won the event, but weren't rewarded the proper scrolls. A message saying "explorers win" even popped up. On top of that my group sat in the queue for the dungeon and it never popped. Fact is nearly everything that they bring out is broken except cash shop items. I don't recall this specific issue in alpha, but I was there. Now it's launch and they can't hide behind the beta label. We'll see how it goes.
  • elwardenfelwardenf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013