test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alienware Laptop all LEDS turn off and sometimes flicker after playing for awhile

bryandecannbryandecann Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
After playing a few minutes my Laptop LEDS and lights under keyboard start flickering and then eventually turn off and I have to leave the game and run my Alienware Command Center to turn them all back on. This has never happened with any other game I have played. Some thing with the game is messing with my Alienware Laptop settings. Has anyone else had this problem?

System info:
Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Alienware
System Model: M17xR4
BIOS: A11
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 12168MB RAM
Page File: 2813MB used, 21641MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode
Post edited by bryandecann on

Comments

• jasonkida777jasonkida777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes the same thing happens to my alienware laptop but my lights dont come back on for a long while after i quite the game even in the alienware command center must be a bug.
  • duderino77duderino77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same problem here, but with an Alienware desktop.
  • bryandecannbryandecann Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I want to play the game bad but I don't want it to hurt my Laptop.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    OMG! My Alienware desktop LED went off too! Didn't notice until I read this thread lol.
  • jaydysjaydys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same issue. My tower stays lit, but my keyboard turns the LEDs off completely. I have to reset the color in the alienware tool.
    I saw in another thread that the color change is intentional. If so, then give me the option to turn that off. I don't want you messing with my lights.
  • constadconstad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, any fix as yet?
  • huntorzlolhuntorzlol Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your fault for buying ****ty PCs.
  • tedizheadhuntertedizheadhunter Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First off they aren't ****ty, its not the computers fault for Cyrptic's bad .ath coding. Second if your lights bug out don't freak out. Just turn off your computer, take out your battery(if you are using a laptop), and press and hold your power button to do a hard reset of your BIOs, this wont hurt your computer but you might have to redo your Fx setting.

edit:
    dont forget to disable 3rd partys from accessing your fx, you can do that by right clicking the alien head on your notifications bar and right clicking it.
  • crypticcliffcrypticcliff Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been addressing this issue in the other thread. http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?146431-Alienware-M11x-AlienFX-shutting-off/page2

TL;DR: A fix is incoming that restores the settings correctly when the game exits.
  • daed76daed76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how about fixing the game so it doesn't constantly revert to windowed maximized after it has been set to full screen? i think that's more important than lights..
  • robi1475robi1475 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    huntorzlol wrote: »
    Your fault for buying ****ty PCs.

I am sorry that your life is so small and meaningless that you feel the need to berate a complete stranger over their choice of Personal Computer.

OT: I hope this is fixed soon it makes playing in the dark hard as it turns all the lights off on my keyboard.
  • fugarasanfugarasan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ok. Brandnew Alienware R1 yesterday. Installed Neverwinter. Backlights flicker as soon as I am in game and stop working. I just found this thread. Is there a fix yet or work around?