test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Login recognizes my email address but not my username

tentatrixtentatrix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As title says, I can connect with my email address but not my handle, username or whatever pwe calls it.

This is rather an annoying issue. Is there a way to make it work properly or could someone explain what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks.

Original post :

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?73221-login-recognizes-my-email-address-but-not-my-username
Post edited by tentatrix on

Comments

• holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yup, I got this too.

And usually when I log out, and want to log back in on a different character, there is this crazy set of numbers in my user name slot instead of my email adress.... which was there previously.
  • tentatrixtentatrix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Anyone could help? Any GM to point us towards a solution?
    thank You.
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    "tentatrix" is not your account name. You wont have a normal account name if you registered with a facebook account I believe, you just have to login with your email.
  • tentatrixtentatrix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I haven't registered with Facebook. My wife created her account the same time as me and she can login with her username... so strange, I dont get it.
  • melanderimelanderi Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users, Silverstars Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Tenatrix- your login name for all the things is your email address. Depending on when your account was created, you may have been able to create an account without needing to find a unique account name. Simply log in with your email and you will be good to go (barring any launcher issues of course ^^; we're working on fixing it)!

Thanks!
    Pixilated Community Entity
    @Effreet in game
    Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
  • whatevermangwhatevermang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same issue, however it's worse for me since the game insists on putting my old Cryptic account name in the login field instead of my email address or PWE account name, but it won't let me log in with that ("Please log in using your Perfect World account name."), which means that every time I want to get on another character I have to type out my rather long email address again.

Apart from that issue it would be convenient if logging out would just lead to the character select screen.
  • thelgowthelgow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Same. I put in a ticket for this on Saturday. I had made a 2nd account to xfer cash to an alt, and noticed I could log in with the username fine.
    I go back to try my main one, no.
    So I put in the ticket, 2 days later get a canned reply about how to recover my forgotten ID.
    As well, when I log off the 2nd account, it has the account name there.
    When logging off the main with email, it has the long account# string saved there.