test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crash on Login (Everytime)

zeninka666zeninka666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
So I bought the founder pack few days ago and tried to login immediately when I was done installing, I noticed the server status was red so i figured the error must be from that but now its green and i still get the error so I don't know what to do.
I already re-installed it and I also put the launcher as "launch as administrator" and still no success.

Please help I really want to start playing.

Error ticket ID: 14459538
xeke43.png

I found my issue!!!

all it was is my program called "DisplayFusion" i have it because i have 3 monitors and because that is running in the background it kept crashing.
all you guys have to do is disable all programs unnecessary and it should work, so disable Skype, Steam, everything
Post edited by zeninka666 on

Comments

• exhilolexhilol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 34
    edited April 2013
    I have been getting the same issue CrypticError ID: 14457539

I cant play either.. I Paid for Hero of the North Founders Pack.. So keen to play but dont know what to do..
  • aennothaennoth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    same here paid for the guardian pack and get into the game make a few steps and crash out
  • exhilolexhilol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 34
    edited April 2013
    I uninstalled and deleted file.. I am now downloading the 3gb file again..... I hope this works. I also hope we get a response back from Tech support ASAP! :(
  • eyewishuheaveneyewishuheaven Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same issue. Game crashes minutes after I enter the world. I had maybe 2/3 crashes the whole 3rd Beta (leveled to 17). I couldn't even finish slotting my allocated points.
    edited April 2013
    At least you can enter the the game.. we cant get pass login screen. Put username and password in press "Login" and BAM client crashed and I get ID:14457539
  • zeninka666zeninka666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same issue. Game crashes minutes after I enter the world. I had maybe 2/3 crashes the whole 3rd Beta (leveled to 17). I couldn't even finish slotting my allocated points.

don't say its the same issue when you clearly don't have it...
  • zeninka666zeninka666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    aennoth wrote: »
    same here paid for the guardian pack and get into the game make a few steps and crash out

that's not the problem I am talking about, don't say you have the same problem when you don't...
  • eternaldetroiteternaldetroit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I had this exact issue on my machine. I ended up setting both Neverwinter.exe and Neverwinter\Live\GameClient.exe to run as admin and now I am able to start the game.
    edited April 2013
    I am still getting this issue.. I have tried everything!!! >< Please Help!
  • arnathosarnathos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was having this issue, I had an option to patch the updater however. Even after patching the game crashed. I restarted my PC and was then able to play the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aennothaennoth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    still same probs here to updating didnt work restart pc nothing keep crashing ingame and at login
    edited April 2013
    arnathos wrote: »
    I was having this issue, I had an option to patch the updater however. Even after patching the game crashed. I restarted my PC and was then able to play the game.

Hey,

Can you please confirm the total data size of your NW beta folder.. I deleted mine and I am starting with a fresh download now. At the moment it is downloading a file size of 3056MB. Which was the same as last time.

I am lost.. customer support hasn't helped at all with this.. This is disgusting. !!
  • arnathosarnathos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    exhilol wrote: »
    Hey,

Can you please confirm the total data size of your NW beta folder.. I deleted mine and I am starting with a fresh download now. At the moment it is downloading a file size of 3056MB. Which was the same as last time.

I am lost.. customer support hasn't helped at all with this.. This is disgusting. !!

If you are downloading be sure to disable on demand patching. You can disable this function by clicking the option buton at the top right of the patcher and then add a checkmark to disable. The total downloaded was approx 9 GB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    arnathos wrote: »
    If you are downloading be sure to disable on demand patching. You can disable this function by clicking the option buton at the top right of the patcher and then add a checkmark to disable. The total downloaded was approx 9 GB

Wonder why we need to tick that box.. I know the box you mean. At the moment I am dl the intial client again so when that is finished I will kick the setup off make a desktop icon and launch and I will be sure to untick that box.. The thing is the client would crash when I put my username and password in and pressed "Login" thats when the client would crash and pop up with a box saying "oops Your Cryptic Application has crashed. To help us out, please indicate what was going on at the time of crash. while we gather information".
  • gandadillgandadill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have the same problem here, put the user and password, click on Login button and crash. The same error code.
  • gandadillgandadill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    OMG, after reboot my computer, the problem was gone!!!!!!!! I can't beleave that. Dammit Windows 7.
    edited April 2013
    gandadill wrote: »
    OMG, after reboot my computer, the problem was gone!!!!!!!! I can't beleave that. Dammit Windows 7.

Lucky you .. when this 3gb has finished DOWNLOADING I hope it fixes the issue.. I tried rebooting with no luck earlier...

Gandadill can you please confirm the size of your NW beta folder? Apparently some are saying around 9gb?
  • thebeoelf21thebeoelf21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    im getting crashes every time as well....there is a slight chance i get to character selection then i load in and crash!
    edited April 2013
    my NWN install folder shows 5.66GB. The reason I said 9 GB previously (approx) is that my initial client download was approx 4GB, then this week there was a 4GB patch and another 600MB today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    I found my issue!!!

all it was is my program called "DisplayFusion" i have it because i have 3 monitors and because that is running in the background it kept crashing.
    all you guys have to do is disable all programs unnecessary and it should work, so disable Skype, Steam, everything
    edited April 2013
    Problem Solved, just a Bump to let others see the fix
  • mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Lucky you .. when this 3gb has finished DOWNLOADING I hope it fixes the issue.. I tried rebooting with no luck earlier...

Gandadill can you please confirm the size of your NW beta folder? Apparently some are saying around 9gb?

Exholol if you haven't fixed your issue yet. Make sure you don't have teamviewer runing. There is a sticky on the top about teamviewer and neverwinter (my brother was getting the same error you had)
  • lothouflothouf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i have a conflict on my machine with TeamViewer.
    If i kill Teamviewer, i can login and the game run.
  • doqqeldoqqel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zeninka666 wrote: »
    I found my issue!!!

just confirming that displayfusion can cause this problem closing it down made the launcher work for me.
    doqqel12.png
    Server: Beholder
  • hithereyouhithereyou Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have been getting the same issue CrypticError ID: 14457539

I cant play either.. I Paid for Hero of the North Founders Pack.. So keen to play but dont know what to do..

Hi exhilol,

It appears from your crash report that you are running TeamViewer. We have some launcher compatibility problem with it, and I know someone is investigating fixing it. Let me know if that helps.

Everyone, if you find a piece of third-party software the seems to be interfering with the client stability, please do let us know about it. We're working on cataloging this software so we can either work with the vendors to fix crashes, fix them on our end if possible, or at least start a section here describing known issues with third party software. For example, Mumble seems to work in our game, except if you turn on the in-game overlay, then it crashes.

Dave
  • allandgallowsallandgallows Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My issue is that I can sign into the game and select the character. when it tries to load into the map the pc locks up and is completely unresponsive. the only way to clear it is ti turn the pc off using the power button on the tower case. I am not running any 3rd party graphic programs. My nVidia drivers are up to current, non beta version. this happens EVERY time I try to get into the game. My hp laptop that does not have as good system specs as the desktop, can play the game fine. The only majpr difference is that the laptop is using an AMD/ATI GPU and the desktop has an nVidia GPU.
  • xairiaxairia Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I disabled DisplayFusion (I have 2 monitors) and it worked! Thanks for the info!!