test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing Doomguides bugged

woozrakwoozrak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
The ending of the quest The missing doomguides is bugged. I killed the red wizard and his allies but am unable to finish the quest and the quest still tells me to kill the red wizard and his allies. Maybe its because I started the fight before i went through the shiny gate that gives you the cinematic?
Post edited by woozrak on

Comments

• woozrakwoozrak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Tried again and this time i went through the shiny gate, watched the cinematic before i started killing and was able to complete the quest.
  • darkmagician585darkmagician585 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think this quest is still bugged. I have tried this quest 3 times now, and each time I have allowed the cinematic to finish after walking through the "shiny gate" and the quest will not complete after killing the Red Wizard.
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    The Problem I had with this quest was I pulled the wizard and his minions out into the hallway, killed them, then walked through the doorway, and had the quest update to say "Kill the wizard." Doh.

Had to reset the instance but once I knew where I messed up I was able to complete it.
  • adunaziladunazil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I had the same issue and i think i figured out what the problem is. Even if you kill the Red Wizard, the quest doesnt update. This is because an add spawns in an unaccessible area below the normal area of the map, like you fall under the area. I tried relogging after i killed the Red Wizard and when i logged back in i spawned in the said area "under" the map and found the mob there, killed it and the quest updated but then i have the problem of not beeing able to go back to the normal map to claim the reward and proceed with the quest. What i did i press help (H button) then request GM help - physical stuck - i am still suck - defeat me... and i was instantly killed and respawned at the campsite, i then went to the crypt, claimed my reward and proceeded with the quest. I hope that helps.
    Signature5_zps90afaf32.jpg
  • irjellyirjelly Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    I wasn't able to find the mob. Right now I'm sitting in the quest location waiting for a GM response.
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Any NPC's, either player companion or enemy opponents, that move away from the center of the room towards the alter, walls, or doorway, will despawn after you begin to fight. This will prevent you from completing this quest if you somehow make, or knock, any of the enemy opponents away from where the Gnoll minions are standing when you first enter.
    edited April 2013
    Okay, this is even more annoying than I thought. It seems that whenever I get the Red Wizard down to half health, he'll despawn no matter what I do.
  • kaveran1kaveran1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There is a hole in map, he doesnt despawn he falls below. I actually fell through the map myself and fought some minions under map.
  • daman423daman423 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    so where exactly is the gap you fell down a screen shot of a reference would be nice so i can fall and finish the quest
    edited April 2013
    kaveran1 wrote: »
    There is a hole in map, he doesnt despawn he falls below. I actually fell through the map myself and fought some minions under map.

I suspected that at first, and I'm not saying that there isn't, however, in a couple of instances the Red Wizard didn't even move from his starting location, once he was down to half health he just faded out, like your companion does when you dismiss them.
  • melanderimelanderi Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users, Silverstars Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Thank you for documenting this, Adventurers! It has been reported to the appropriate Powers that Be.

Here's what's happening: in any quest, if you attack the baddies before triggering the cutscene, it breaks the quest (not working as intended).

What you can do: drop the quest, run back to the quest giver, try again.

If you have the golden path on and you see the big yellow sparklies in a portal shape, walk through that before you engage the enemy.

Thanks!
    Pixilated Community Entity
    @Effreet in game
    Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
  • bfailbfail Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So this is getting ridiculous, I have been messing with this quest for at least 2 hours now. I've abandoned it at least 3 times, ran through the whole instance, got to the Red Wizard and now my quest log still says "Defeat the Red Wizard and his Allies". I've tried killing my character, logging in and out in the room so I could fall through the floor and kill the despawned adds and nothing seems to work.
    edited April 2013
    melanderi wrote: »
    Thank you for documenting this, Adventurers! It has been reported to the appropriate Powers that Be.

Here's what's happening: in any quest, if you attack the baddies before triggering the cutscene, it breaks the quest (not working as intended).

If you have the golden path on and you see the big yellow sparklies in a portal shape, walk through that before you engage the enemy.

Thanks!

And what do we do when it still happens, even when the cutscene has triggered properly and finishes, before anyone has attacked? Because that is exactly what has happened every single time, me and my team, have tried to do this quest.
  • deohnoehdeohnoeh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I had the same issue but after completing it and then completing it again with a friend in group I had to do it again because it wouldn't go away...
  • valdoraxvaldorax Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    deohnoeh wrote: »
    I had the same issue but after completing it and then completing it again with a friend in group I had to do it again because it wouldn't go away...

So you completed it eventually?

I STILL cannot complete this quest, even though I walked through archway (watched cut scene) before engaging enemy. After red wizard dies, nothing happens. I log out back in, appear floating in a nether region of the map, see an add in front of me but he dissappears before I can kill it (I doubt this part is connected to the same problem).

Anyone who has been able to complete this mission care to explain exactly step by step how they did it? I really don't want to wait for GM response to my ticket to be able to advance my character. Any help would be great.
  • muntaamuntaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013

Thanks!

thanks tried that and didnt work, oh well..

BUT by redoing quests i did find an issue that is easy to abuse, as when you re-enter quests the nodes and chest repopulate.. thus making it super easy to farm items and mats
    edited April 2013
    Isn't this quest needed to progress toons? Is there a way around it or other quests that will still level us up to the next area?
  • viilliansviillians Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I had the same issues too kinda at a stand still now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zideezidee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can spawn under the map by re-logging after killing the wizard. However i was not able to find any remaining mobs from there.
  • l4stlifel4stlife Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited April 2013
    this has been a problem since the 9th of Feb Red Wizard and still nothing has been done about it
  • jaikulafreedomjaikulafreedom Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Someone posted a workaround here, however if you are soloing then having to chase after another player in order to finish the quest isnt always possible to do. Something needs to be added in to progress it once all are killed. I myself have tried everything possible with just one player. Maybe adding something in there to click on to progress it along may help, such as the Doomguide Severin that is on the altar. I have also noticed something else, my companion will occasionally disappear, just fades from sight.
  • x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sorry but this is ridiculous. By now the should have dev tools to disable this quest or let it autofinish or whatever.
    I am stuck with mobs that fall through the world and without it you don't get all the other chain quest in that zone.

If this would be the release version and not the beta, it would be a good time to uninstall the game because of it...............
  • adventironcastadventironcast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Was finally able to complete this.

I had to fight the Red Wizard directly on where he was standing (I used stuns and high damage to burn through his HP as fast as I could), then I fought the adds close to where the wizard was and tried to burn them ASAP.

The additional adds then came streaming into the room, but despawned near the center of the room. I had to then relog and kill them under the world, then use the /killme command to get back up top.

Then I entered the crypt again to find more adds in the middle of the Red Wizard room. I got a few, but the others fell through the world again, so I had to relog and kill them under the world. In the end, I repeated the process of re-entering the crypt several times and reloging to kill the adds until the objective completed.

Quite a pain, but I hope it's fixed for release. It seem the the middle of the room is the biggest problem, since I noticed that the center most tile prevents my mouse 1 attack from moving my character forward. Maybe something wonky going on there.
  • gertona2gertona2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited April 2013

Thanks!

Not meaning the be rude, but if you had read the thread you would have seen that the bug happens even AFTER you have seen the cutscene, and even if you fight on top of of the boss. I have this issue as well, killed the wizard three times, tried the logout to kill the mobs under the world etc, but apparently couldn't kill all of them.

Edit: finally go it after logging out-killme spamming multiple times. You need to add something that enables the player to force progression on these fights
    Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!
  • l4stlifel4stlife Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited April 2013
    Thank you to everone for all the tips... I managed to get passed it...

This is what I did!

Went through the mission and killed everything then logged out and in again, was stuck in the basement and found 1 enemy there. killed it, the /killme and ran through again, found 1 enemy in the room killed it and logged out, logged in again and was again in the basment, found 3 more enemies, killed them and the quest updated, the /killme for the last time and ran through and the chest had activated
  • darkbladessdarkbladess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 57
    edited April 2013

Thanks!

I have tried that still mobs vanish,my companion does to.I have fell beneath terrain but didnt see any mobs had to /killme to get out of that,couldnt just relog, i was still there under the terrain.Pretty much have tried everything so i just give up until its fixed i guess.
    edited April 2013
    l4stlife wrote: »
    Thank you to everone for all the tips... I managed to get passed it...

This is what I did!

Went through the mission and killed everything then logged out and in again, was stuck in the basement and found 1 enemy there. killed it, the /killme and ran through again, found 1 enemy in the room killed it and logged out, logged in again and was again in the basment, found 3 more enemies, killed them and the quest updated, the /killme for the last time and ran through and the chest had activated

oh don't know if this will make a difference but I also dismissed my companion before I started
    edited April 2013
    Weird. I'll try the above mentioned methods. Hope it works. Thanks guys. Seems like an easy fix to me. Multiple GM tickets on it now as well as threads. What the hell? Why can't they at least let you skip the **** quest to get to the next? How hard could that be? lol
    edited April 2013
    Ok guys these are the exact instructions that work as they've been confirmed by multiple others and they worked for me as well:

1. Go through cut scene, go into room, kll all adds first, then kill red wizard.

2. Stand on center tile in the middle of circle, then log out and back in.

3. You will be floating in green space. Kill any mobs you see. Sometimes you must move around a bit to see the mobs floating around.

4. Use /killme then "defeat me" button to go back to the beginning of instance. Take care not to use the key to go back to graveyard, just return to the game. Returning to graveyard will take you out of instance and you will have to do everything over again.

5. Go back to crypt. Kill any mobs you see again in the room.

6. Log out and back in from the center tile again.

7. Kill any remaining mobs floating in green space.

8. After either step 3 or step 7 you should see the yellow quest completed text which tells you that portion of the quest is complete.

9. If not, repeat steps 2-4 again until it completes.

10. At whichever point it says complete you will still need to use /killme > defeat me and go back into crypt again to finally pick up the chest that completes the entire quest.

11. Once that occurs, you may now go use the yellow portal that has appeared in the room to go back to the NPC and turn in the quest finally.

Hope this helps.
  • krafenkrafen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 59
    edited April 2013
    Thank you, valdorax, your step by step instructions solved the issue for me. Each time I committed suicide, I put a link to this thread in the explanation, so hopefully someone who can address the bug will see it.

As an added warning, once you get the quest completion notice and kill yourself for the last time, be careful not to click on the exit to the graveyard. If you do, you won't be able to get back in and will have to repeat the whole process.
This discussion has been closed.