test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official - Combat Changes - Boons

This thread is for feedback/bugs related to Boons with the combat changes.

Boons have been swapped over to give bonuses to total percentages instead of ratings. Boons also no longer give item level.

Comments

• noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

The blood lust master boon says that it reduces the target's defense by 1% per rank at rank 1 but since there is no stat/counterstat system anymore it seems useless.

Critters do have a set amount of defense so taking that boon will increase your damage done to them.
  • atwa#2521 atwa Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Can anyone please tell me whether the Temple's Revive Sickness boon has changed, or whether Revive Sickness stacks have changed in any way? I'm on PS4 and I'm preparing to build the Temple for my guild.
  • fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    The changes in stats from a number to % increase is great ! will this be done to weapons and armour enchants as well cause tht will really make sense ??
  • supmadbrosupmadbro Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Guild boons give flat ratings instead of % increase to the stats total. My suggestion is that this should be changed. Atm as a dps the offensive guild boon is just used for item level since you can easily cap all the offensive ratings without them, meaning that whichever guild boon you pick does not matter as its just used for item level, I do not think it should be like this it should have some effect on your build and not just used for the extra 1,000 item level. Maybe 0.8% and 80 combined rating per rank? so at rank 10 you would get 8% accuracy and 800 combined rating if using the accuracy boon.
    Post edited by supmadbro on
  • rlesley74#1471 rlesley74 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    > @ron#1747 said:
    > Why was focused retaliation changed? We liked the ability to occasionally reflect some damage

What happened to focused retaliation? Is it gone? What’s it replaced with? Inquiring PS players need to know
  • jimmypdtjimmypdt Member Posts: 121 Arc User

Is there a particular reason why boons dont give item level anymore?

Also right now boons offer so little bonuses that it wont be even noticable. 1 campaign gives 4 boons, and 4 boons give 0.8% power/ or any other stat increase. Averagely it takes 2 months to finish a campaign and unlock all boons. So you spend time on 2 months of campaign content to get 0.8% increase? I think this is really low and not rewarding.

Difference between a player with full boons and player with no boons will be very small. Then why do we bother grinding all those campaigns? If boon bonuses will stay this low, atleast add some itemlevel to them even if its going to be small, so atleast people with boons get more item level which will give more damage and hp.

If they add item level to the boons then everytime you add a boon all of your other stats will drop slightly. Best not to do that
  • sekosek#5740 sekosek Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    jimmypdt said:

Is there a particular reason why boons dont give item level anymore?

Also right now boons offer so little bonuses that it wont be even noticable. 1 campaign gives 4 boons, and 4 boons give 0.8% power/ or any other stat increase. Averagely it takes 2 months to finish a campaign and unlock all boons. So you spend time on 2 months of campaign content to get 0.8% increase? I think this is really low and not rewarding.

Difference between a player with full boons and player with no boons will be very small. Then why do we bother grinding all those campaigns? If boon bonuses will stay this low, atleast add some itemlevel to them even if its going to be small, so atleast people with boons get more item level which will give more damage and hp.

If they add item level to the boons then everytime you add a boon all of your other stats will drop slightly. Best not to do that
    Thats why I said boons are not rewarding enough. They should give good amount of stats and itemlevel. So when you unlock them the amount of stats you get should be more benefitial the amount of cap percentage you lose from increased itemlevel. Also boons giving itemlevel means more damage and hp aswell.

I think everything should give itemlevel and a proper amount of combined rating to cover the increased cap. Their goal/purpose of itemlevel is to show how strong a player is. So if two 40k itemleveled players have everything same, but 1 has full boons, 1 has 0 boons, it will look like they are the same. But one has spent months of time and grind. The difference between them should be higher.

Im just saying boons should be more rewarding because they take so much time and grind. Even collars, which are pretty much useless except 1 or 2, give a lot of itemlevel and not even combined ratings.
  • ramesh84ramesh84 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Hello there!
    I would like to ask if possible having guild boons going into the additional 40% and not into stats (same as campaign boons) and raising the campaing boon cap for same option up to 10/10 from 5/5 (even 7 or 8 would be ok) in order to give players more options while capping the ratings.
    Thank you!
  • arbitrarityarbitrarity Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User

I’m on PS4 and just starting to build our last guild boon structure. What replaces the armor pen boon please?

In Guild Boons, the armor pen boon grants Critical Strike. Additionally, the Explorer's Guild offensive boon gives Accuracy. Power/Critical Severity remain associated with the same structures.

Offense/defense Guild boons grant a mix of combined rating (80 per structure level) and bonus to a stat (300 per structure level), while utility also grant 80 combined rating per structure level, plus their utility effects.
  • rlesley74#1471 rlesley74 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Can we get screen shots of what the master boons are looking like?
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Imo, all character boons that grant stats other than power should have higher % values. For example, we currently have 4 boons for power which is 4 x (5 x 0.2%) and that grants total of 4% bonus for power alone. Unless things are going to change, most people will have capped power without any trouble and thus I think boons that grants main stats should have their values adjusted so that they are more important. I understand most boons are something like a little help to balance stats right, but 1% for any main stat just doesn't cut it. Make it at least 2% or match them with power boons and set it on 4%. Either way, those should be increased.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    My opinion is that removing item level from the boons is a complete mistake. Players with all full campaigns will have more status, but can be leveled in the same place as players without any boon in random queues. Besides what will be the incentive to complete a campaign with the weapons being nerfadas and this of the boons, what will keep the interest of players in completing final content? I even understand that there's enough content to play for new players to match veterans like me, but remember that most campaigns are easily completed as many have been wiped and it's possible to make them even faster with aid and genie gifts and legacy bonuses for example!
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User

Players with all full campaigns will have more status,

Besides what will be the incentive to complete a campaign with the weapons being nerfadas and this of the boons...

You are contradicting yourself. First you tell that having boons is a good thing. Then you say what is the incentive to complete the campaings? The boons ofcourse.

Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    Boons are permanent boosts to your character. The Other % of ratings doesn't scale over time the way ratings do, so the amounts given are smaller due to be that kind of permanent boost.

Guild Boons are specifically the ratings side so that it isn't a case of a player not in a high ranked guild is at a significant disadvantage. This means those guild boons raise item level, which makes content more accessible, but players not in a guild can work towards that item level in other ways, or be in a guild working towards that higher rank and still be able to play content without missing out on special % boosts.
    I will wait to see how my contradiction quoted below will be applied in the random queue to see the application of this equity that the game is trying to apply.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    While I like the new % system more than the version on Live, as a tank I would also like to be able to place more boons into either things like crit avoid or defense. Since everything has a cap except weapon damage and hp, you can't really compare hp and power now, its not the same. Power is like Def now, has a hard cap but has 5x more chances for boons.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited December 2020

While I like the new % system more than the version on Live, as a tank I would also like to be able to place more boons into either things like crit avoid or defense. Since everything has a cap except weapon damage and hp, you can't really compare hp and power now, its not the same. Power is like Def now, has a hard cap but has 5x more chances for boons.

Agree. Turn 4 of the power boons into something else. For instance...

A) +.2% damage boost x5
    B) +.2% damage reduction x5
    C) + 4% companion damage x5
    D) +.3% more deflect severity x5
    E) + or -2% threat generation (+ for tanks, - for other paragons)

Agree. Turn 4 of the power boons into something else. For instance...

A) +.2% damage boost x5
    B) +.2% damage reduction x5
    C) + 4% companion damage x5
    D) +.3% more deflect severity x5
    E) + or -2% threat generation (+ for tanks, - for other paragons)
    Companion influence, the boons was exchanged for deflect severity.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

> @noworries#8859 said:

> This thread is for feedback/bugs related to Boons with the combat changes.

>

> Boons have been swapped over to give bonuses to total percentages instead of ratings. Boons also no longer give item level.

Fantastic I will leave the game thanks for the changes genius, every thing we did before is useless now.

How so? I know I would much rather boons give percentages than ratings. You get a lot more out of them that way.
  • > @noworries#8859 said:

> This thread is for feedback/bugs related to Boons with the combat changes.

>

> Boons have been swapped over to give bonuses to total percentages instead of ratings. Boons also no longer give item level.

Fantastic I will leave the game thanks for the changes genius, every thing we did before is useless now.

As previously stated in the above reply, these changes actually make the boons more valuable not less. I would personally like to see them be even more valuable and diverse, but your reaction is just objectively incorrect.
    Is there anyone against changing some of the tiers of power to different stats?
  • tepes#1182 tepes Member Posts: 37 Arc User

Can you please share some example(s) of the stats you're proposing be swapped in?
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    I would like a boon system that does not give a straight up damage/healing/power increase at all and instead changes the way your build/abilities work to create more customization, however this kind of system is difficult to implement in a way that is balanced enough for there not to be "One true spec"
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User

It depends. If you are considering the suggestion of making forte more versatile and we can pick the stats (even for fixed arrays), we may need power to compensate.

If forte main stat will be 50% power for all dps, then yes please give us something different.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User

Not at all. Sound like a great idea.
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    That depends on the options I guess. What those would be?
  • tortelvustortelvus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    leave power boon on there once like the other ratings are; then put a forte boon on the 4 tiers like we have power today.