test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [8/9] - COMPLETE

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Update 8:37AM: Maintenance is complete.

Neverwinter will undergo maintenance on 8/9 at 7AM PT for roughly two hours for a server reset.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• darkcult#2246 darkcult Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    So that's:

3PM Ireland / UK

4PM Central Europe
  • drathmor#2709 drathmor Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    do yall ever post patch notes or is this really just a server reboot
  • darkakealdarkakeal Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Are you guys going to fix the end dungeons so we can actually play now
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

do yall ever post patch notes or is this really just a server reboot

This is just a server reboot today. Hopefully a patch will come in the next week or 2.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • keekyokeekyo Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    How come there is still no patch to fix at least some of the bugs in the game. How are players supposed to progress when these graphical bugs are hindering players. Also it would be nice to know what sets drop from what dungeons in PS4 since we have the same game but is totally operated in a different manner that Xbox and PC.
  • shadowwraith#9264 shadowwraith Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    does cryptic not observe DST?, it's nearly 16:20 and the servers are still down
    • Archon - CW, Stormmage - L37
    • Dagoth Ur - SW, Soulbinder - L64
    • Dante - TR, Vengeance - L39
    • Baron of Hell (yes Doom Ref) - CW, Master of Flame - L36
    • Xeres - DC, L23
    • Almsivi - SW, L14
    "Spill some blood for me dear brother", Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

does cryptic not observe DST?, it's nearly 16:20 and the servers are still down

They aren't due up for another 40 minutes.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Sorry if I sound stupid, but what do server restarts do?

Want to join the guild? PM Me (PSN:Malfunction-3000) or post here
  • golbez770golbez770 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    So only the crappy xbox1 gets updated and the pirate king fixed? They get storm king and all us ps4 players is a server restart? Or did I misread something?
  • czerefczeref Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    in the upcoming patch, do you guys plan to add the 2 dungeons into the game that we get quest for that don't exist in the game for some dumb reason? the pirates kings retreat etc. also there is a bug with quest with "epic artifacting equipment" where it wont give u the quest until after elemental campaign is over instead of before and when you get the quest it says complete quest "seed of air" but if u already have the campaign finished, it doesn't register that you already complete it and keeps telling you to talk to a npc that just repeats dialog
    GCwF4fj.gif
    Want To Join Lunacy Alliance? The Go To Link Below.
    fallintolunacy.enjin.com/recruitment (site temp down)
    Game: Jade Dynasty
    Server: Billows
    Main: cZeff Felkin Hydran
    Inductor ID: 6320834X055209079004612Z0da2b2
    Use This Code Above At Character Creation Screen For Free Items Every 5 Levels & In Game Help From Me.

Alts: cMazu, cScarlett, cAzriel, cZero, cNoctis, cSamael, cMisaki

Game: Neverwinter PS4
    Main: Zeff Scourge Warlock
    PSN: cZeff
  • golbez770 said:

So only the crappy xbox1 gets updated and the pirate king fixed? They get storm king and all us ps4 players is a server restart? Or did I misread something?

That's exactly what it sounds like. Just give it a break for now. Neverwinter only came out recently for PS4 while XB1's release was like, 5+ months ago..

golbez770 said:

That's exactly what it sounds like. Just give it a break for now. Neverwinter only came out recently for PS4 while XB1's release was like, 5+ months ago..
    Xbox release was over a year ago. It was released on Xbox on March 31, 2015. Please just be patient.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • fernny#5931 fernny Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @adolph#7358 said:
    > So only the crappy xbox1 gets updated and the pirate king fixed? They get storm king and all us ps4 players is a server restart? Or did I misread something?
    >
    > That's exactly what it sounds like. Just give it a break for now. Neverwinter only came out recently for PS4 while XB1's release was like, 5+ months ago..
    >
    > Xbox release was over a year ago. It was released on Xbox on March 31, 2015. Please just be patient.
    >
    > It's not about being patient, it's about getting a return on the time and money we have already invested, just to reach some sort of end game and realise most of the content should be removed alongside pirate king - was this game not tested before release? People don't plough money into these games just so they can do the levelling on a pretty mount - they are trying to get there to play the dungeons, and are totally let down when they reach that level. In all fairness the zen market was implemented perfectly i have no doubt, because that is the where the money comes from - yet 80% of the dungeons are broken hahaha

+10 !! pirate king is usefully to get good items!!
  • malfunction3000#5338 malfunction3000 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2016

kreatyve said:

golbez770 said:

Xbox release was over a year ago. It was released on Xbox on March 31, 2015. Please just be patient.
    It's not about being patient, it's about getting a return on the time and money we have already invested, just to reach some sort of end game and realise most of the content should be removed alongside pirate king - was this game not tested before release? People don't plough money into these games just so they can do the levelling on a pretty mount - they are trying to get there to play the dungeons, and are totally let down when they reach that level. In all fairness the zen market was implemented perfectly i have no doubt, because that is the where the money comes from - yet 80% of the dungeons are broken hahaha
    Look, the bugs are gonna get fixed. The game is in it's early stages on PS4. And just because it was released on other platforms does not mean you're supposed to expect this game to come out perfect. It's a multiplayer game, and usually, games with multiplayer starts off with a lot of issues. Just wait for a month or less and the game will be in it's "ok" condition.

EDIT: As far as I know I've only spent $10 on this game and I have no regrets. They even have the Exchange house for those who can't afford Zen. I was even able to buy the x20 enchanted keys for myself without spending any more money. Sure they're trying to make money, but at least they're being fair to make this game not necessary for you to P2W.

EDIT #2: Oh, the game never mentioned anything being tested before release as far as I know. It's more of an early access than a beta test.

edited August 2016

kreatyve said:

golbez770 said:

It's not about being patient, it's about getting a return on the time and money we have already invested, just to reach some sort of end game and realise most of the content should be removed alongside pirate king - was this game not tested before release? People don't plough money into these games just so they can do the levelling on a pretty mount - they are trying to get there to play the dungeons, and are totally let down when they reach that level. In all fairness the zen market was implemented perfectly i have no doubt, because that is the where the money comes from - yet 80% of the dungeons are broken hahaha
    Look, the bugs are gonna get fixed. The game is in it's early stages on PS4. And just because it was released on other platforms does not mean you're supposed to expect this game to come out perfect. It's a multiplayer game, and usually, games with multiplayer starts off with a lot of issues. Just wait for a month or less and the game will be in it's "ok" condition.

EDIT: As far as I know I've only spent $10 on this game and I have no regrets. They even have the Exchange house for those who can't afford Zen. I was even able to buy the x20 enchanted keys for myself without spending any more money. Sure they're trying to make money, but at least they're being fair to make this game not necessary for you to P2W.

EDIT #2: Oh, the game never mentioned anything being tested before release as far as I know. It's more of an early access than a beta test.
    my comment is based off facts - it's broke.

your comment is opinion based - 'as far as i know' ...

nobody is telling you to be unhappy with a broken game, i'm glad you like it. I personally think your attitude is what is wrong with the gaming communities these days, you are happy with a broken game that has a fully implemented payment scheme there for one reason only - to make money.

Go back a few years and games couldn't be released broke because they would be dead in the water in weeks - but people these days are happy to invest in a rose and find that it is in fact, a **** haha. I can't possibly fathom why any gamer would be happy with any gaming company releasing them a game that fundamentally, is broke - you put time and effort in to reach end game on 3 level 70 characters (myself) just to realise 80% of the content doesn't work, but hey it's ok because these days it's ok to release games unfinished because they will get fixed in the future.. maybe.
    I never said I was happy with a broken game*, nor did I say I was unhappy. I'm more of a patient type of guy, unlike you. If you think you're wasting your own time and money, then stop wasting it. It's simple, so stop making it complicated. Plus, it's obvious that there have been unfinished games, and it's not only this one. Don't think it's so simple to make a huge MMO with no bugs at all. Hey, do yourself a favour and take a break from this game, will you? I mean, you've reached the end game, so I'm surprised you didn't stop on your first one especially with these "facts" that you have in mind.

EDIT: Another thing to be surprised about is that you automatically assumed all of my comments are opinion based lol
    good one though. Anyways, it's kind-of your fault for spending so much time here. Even I knew it was gonna be like this when I was still downloading the game. You really shouldn't have been playing if you knew there were bugs and didn't like it.
    Post edited by malfunction3000#5338 on

edited August 2016

kreatyve said:

golbez770 said:

my comment is based off facts - it's broke.

your comment is opinion based - 'as far as i know' ...

nobody is telling you to be unhappy with a broken game, i'm glad you like it. I personally think your attitude is what is wrong with the gaming communities these days, you are happy with a broken game that has a fully implemented payment scheme there for one reason only - to make money.

Go back a few years and games couldn't be released broke because they would be dead in the water in weeks - but people these days are happy to invest in a rose and find that it is in fact, a **** haha. I can't possibly fathom why any gamer would be happy with any gaming company releasing them a game that fundamentally, is broke - you put time and effort in to reach end game on 3 level 70 characters (myself) just to realise 80% of the content doesn't work, but hey it's ok because these days it's ok to release games unfinished because they will get fixed in the future.. maybe.
    I never said I was happy with a broken game*, nor did I say I was unhappy. I'm more of a patient type of guy, unlike you. If you think you're wasting your own time and money, then stop wasting it. It's simple, so stop making it complicated. Plus, it's obvious that there have been unfinished games, and it's not only this one. Don't think it's so simple to make a huge MMO with no bugs at all. Hey, do yourself a favour and take a break from this game, will you? I mean, you've reached the end game, so I'm surprised you didn't stop on your first one especially with these "facts" that you have in mind.

EDIT: Another thing to be surprised about is that you automatically assumed all of my comments are opinion based lol
    good one though. Anyways, it's kind-of your fault for spending so much time here. Even I knew it was gonna be like this when I was still downloading the game. You really shouldn't have been playing if you knew there were bugs and didn't like it.
    I'm not impatient, i just want games to be in a finished state when released - you don't - that's where we differ. the game is broke and needs fixing - THAT is constructive criticism, if it wasn't for the minority of us who actually report these things it would go unfixed for ever - you should be standing by us, not with your back to us.

how did you know the game would be released in an unfinished state?
    What? I know the game needs a lot of fixing, which is why I mentioned that they are going to fix it. And no, I'm not trying to get on anyone's side at all, but I have reported before (one of my posts had to do with the game freezing during/after a fight with a monster[s]). "As far as I know," the common bugs have been reported already, and to me, that's good enough.

I didn't know that the game was going to be released in an unfinished state. But I knew it was going to have a lot of bugs. I just wanted the game to be released because I knew I was going to be attached to it no matter how many bugs there are.

I'm not mad or anything about this game having a lot of bugs because it's only about a month old. It'd a different story though if it's way older than that. If that was the case, then I'd definitely be on your side.

• dearayndearayn Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    The game may be new for us on PS4 but it's not a new game in general at all and most (if not all) of these issues have been on PC and Xbox (especially the 1 shotting mobs in epic dungeons you can't avoid) before. The rubber banding, frame rate drops and freezing is all on their end.

I expected the game to have some bugs obviously but it truly is broken, we're playing with a broken toy at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.