test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who would be interested in an Art Dev stream?

2»

Comments

• rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User

I'm just gauging interest first. Nothing set at all. I figure it'd just be something different that some may enjoy.

Eh, Id watch it. I do appreciate the streams, though Ive been working during the past few.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Would they be open to suggestions on fashion, creature, or weapon design? It's always good to get ideas for what the community would like to see visually.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    I don't think they would oppose suggestions but a stream really isn't the best way to give it. Trust me when you are actively trying to read the text on streams it is extremely hard to pick out comments to respond to from the general statements people give so the chances of them being missed are high and even the chances of the developers remembering every suggestion has to be pretty low.

Additionally it is important to know that an "art" developer isn't an all encompassing job. The art developer that does texture would not necessarily be able to say whether 3D models or animations would be possible.

On top of that they absolutely would not under any circumstances be able to say they will do anything suggested. Projects can not be given a go ahead without the entire chain being in agreement. Those that would know whether a suggestion is feasible would have to be given the time to do it by their bosses and their bosses would not know whether the suggestion was feasible.

Bottom line is that a stream would never be a way to get instant reactions to suggestions. Game developers are a machine of interlocking parts and decisions can't be made without the entire team discussing it. You will never get more than "we can look into it," regardless of what feedback method is used and who is given the feedback. That's true of any development company.