test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Howling Hatred Lockbox Breezes In!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
The next lockbox for Xbox is the Howling Hatred Lockbox! http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9734143

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• b2xtreme#0863 b2xtreme Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hi Strumslinger

I'm going to be opening 5 boxes per week for a month or so and giving all the items from the boxes away to one lucky winner each week, I was just wondering if it was ok to post the Youtube link to the box opening video to allow people to enter the competition? I am earning nothing from doing this other than maybe getting some Youtube subs and Twitter follows.

Please let me know if its ok to start a new thread when I am able to post regarding this weekly giveaway.

Thanks

B2Xtreme
  • holt3355vietholt3355viet Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    ok
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer

Hi Strumslinger

I'm going to be opening 5 boxes per week for a month or so and giving all the items from the boxes away to one lucky winner each week, I was just wondering if it was ok to post the Youtube link to the box opening video to allow people to enter the competition? I am earning nothing from doing this other than maybe getting some Youtube subs and Twitter follows.

Please let me know if its ok to start a new thread when I am able to post regarding this weekly giveaway.

Thanks

B2Xtreme

Sure!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Feeling a little torn about this… I think the idea of mounts having stats is fine, as is the idea of rare mounts that only a few players get the opportunity to own, but 4000 to armor penetration seems extreme. That’s enough AP that you can pretty safely ignore that stat totally on the rest of your gear, and its obviously a pretty significant advantage for the players who are lucky or wealthy enough to own one.
    This isn’t like any other lockbox prize I know of. Sure, lockbox buyers have always had an advantage, but if you couldn’t get the A++, BiS artifact or companion of the month, you could just get something almost as effective via normal gameplay; and even then the advantage is a few hundred points – nothing in the league of 4000.

I worry this is the dawn of true ‘pay to win’ in Neverwinter.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • crom#2845 crom Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Go vip for your chance to win...
  • david#0529 david Member Posts: 1 New User
    i dont understand why its so hard to get anything good out of the boxes i oppened 31 boxes and got nothing but junk
  • vesemervesemer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    David I agree, it seems like the items I'm getting should be coming for normal drops. Profession aid kits, toys that serve no purpose? I'm not saying that lock boxes are useless, but I have stopped opening the new ones because all I ever get is rare items with the occasional epic refinement. I received much better gifts back during the winter festival. You'd think that if I'm paying to open these boxes their payout would be exclusively GREAT ITEMS!
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    There's only a small chance of getting something good. This makes the good things that come from them very valuable.

The small chance of getting something worth millions encourages players to buy keys & some players buy hundreds of them.

That's the whole point - Cryptic profit from the key purchases.

If items dropped more regularly, they would be less valuable & people would buy fewer keys.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    Ohh those mounts....psssssh I got a whole hoard of proffession packs and blue marks...I love paying 23k for a key to get 2 blue marks that sell for 1k for both...RNGesus hath thou smited me.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS