test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zen Market: Removing Fashions

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
As we stated earlier in our Improved Trade Bar Store blog, fashions will be removed entirely from the Zen Market. http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9729153

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    May I ask if you'll add a grey, yellow and orange dye bottles any time soon?
    Would be super happy for a silver, copper and gold dye bottles too.
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    Good changes, thanks
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User

I still think this is a mistake. Let people buy it directly instead of buying keys to get tradebars to buy fashion. There's no need for such complexity and it only annoys players. I have no objection to adding them to the trade bar. I have an objection with removing them from the zen store.

^^^ That.

I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • darkdruid8darkdruid8 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Congratulations....you have officially removed everything I ever bought from the Zen store! As of this date, I will no longer purchase Zen, I need not bother mentioning all the rotten changes to AD, dungeons, lack luster content, incessant tweaks to a class system on a roller coaster ride to hell but put them here to high light this is the high water mark in a series of idiotic changes that will no doubt kill this game. I hope your short term cash grabs were worth dooming this game. Thank you in advance for ignoring my concerns and charging full steam ahead with more changes to put hoops that require more money to enjoy the aspects of your game of ever declining quality!
  • aleblainaleblain Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    Three things:
    1) You have to add a 'dye option' in the gear preview tool. It has to be done to complete the preview idea.
    2) Like other guy said, you should add more colours to the shop: yellow, orange, gold, silver, light blue, etc etc. And going further (will never happen, I know), each colour should has an option of shades/schemes, to chose between.
    3) Not really important but the black dye is TOO MUCH bright, it even hide graphic details, you should change it a little (I know it will never happen).

That's it. Good luck people!
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User

I still think this is a mistake. Let people buy it directly instead of buying keys to get tradebars to buy fashion. There's no need for such complexity and it only annoys players. I have no objection to adding them to the trade bar. I have an objection with removing them from the zen store.

+1

Consider this player as annoyed. I wont gamble for a bottle of dye.
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 46 Arc User

May I ask if you'll add a grey, yellow and orange dye bottles any time soon?
    Would be super happy for a silver, copper and gold dye bottles too.

Yes, please gold, yellow or Deep yellow dyes please. My "family colors are Red, Black and Gold so this would have me spend bars to dte all my stuff. :smile:
    Morgan West - Oathbound Paladin
    Jonathan Lonehawk - Hunter Ranger
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    this really prove, these guys just take, take, take and take out everything we all care about the game.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    I would add my vote to the "this is a mistake" category...

Why are fashion items being removed from the ZEN market, has someone been abusing dye bottles and clothing items?

After all that has been the reason for many of the previous changes to the Neverwinter currency market, the powers that be were saying some players were "abusing" the in game currency markets.

[From Neverwinter Gamepedia]"Tarmalune Trade Bars are a currency that is obtainable by opening lockboxes. They are used to obtain Level 60 PVE equipment and Level 20 Mounts."[End Quote]

So the only way a person will have to purchase fashion items, is to get Tarmalune Trade Bars from opening chests. And the only way to open chests is to buy keys...

And when a person does open a chest with a key they purchased with real world currency there is no telling how many or IF that player will even get Tarmalune Trade Bars?

Spend real world currency to purchase game items that a person used to purchase with game currency that players earned in the game?

Yeah, I'll be running around with my freebie peasant garb or stark buffers because without exception every time I spent real real world currency for in game items I have regretted it.
    • Purchase Zen to obtain level 60 Epic armor, only to have that purchased armor made obsolete with the next upgrade.
    • Purchase Zen to obtain greater bags of holding to be able to trade it among my characters as needed, only to have those purchased bags bound to character with a subsequent upgrade.
    • Purchase Zen to obtain character slots to allow me to invoke, do leadership or skirmish several characters (not bots) to earn astral diamonds,
      • Only to have the invocation rewards changed and a player now earns a fraction of the number of AD's a character used to make.
      • Now leadership professions where a player used to earn astral diamonds have been eliminated.
      • Many skirmishes where even a lower level player could earn AD's only allow those same players to earn a fraction of the amount they used to make.
    Someone is continually coming up with new, inventive and In My Opinion, utterly unethical ways to get players to spend more and more of their real world currency while at the same time persecuting players who do not or can not spend real world currency by taking things away from them or making things they used to be able to purchase or use with currency they used to obtain in the game, essentially worthless - or non existent.
    DD~

+1

Consider this player is rightfully annoyed because items a person used to be able to obtain in the game without spending real world currency is being removed and now can only be obtained by spending real world currency to buy keys to; as you say: "gamble" on getting trade bars.

I would say; I think someone is getting greedy(er)... but I would probably be labeled as 'Captain Obvious' for that comment.
    DD~
  • zyvan1zyvan1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User

+1

I fall firmly into the "annoyed" camp on this one as well. Why remove them completely? Why not introduce new dye packs there and then eventually add them to the zen market collection in 6-12 months?

Hopefully this doesn't mean that we're not going to have to pay trade bars to play call to arms, to gamble on receiving dye packs there as well...
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    everyone 'annoyed' with it is a free to play player, yes? Can we assume that?

As someone who regularly opens 20+ boxes at a time, I have LOTS AND LOTS of tradebars. Tradebar rarity is NOT AN ISSUE for the people who pay your way. Every single VIP holder gets a key per day. Thats lots of tarmalune bars.

Tarmalune update is good. =D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.

As someone who regularly opens 20+ boxes at a time, I have LOTS AND LOTS of tradebars. Tradebar rarity is NOT AN ISSUE for the people who pay your way. Every single VIP holder gets a key per day. Thats lots of tarmalune bars.

Incorrect assumption. If a player is buying dye packs via the zen market...they are paying for zen. That's not really a free to play player. That's a player paying for direct items they wish, not buying keys that may or may not give them anything that they want, like an alchemist and residuum (don't even get me started on my view of the defunct changes to the professions).
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Hum anybody remember this magical place where you can buy dye for AD called Auction House?

Dyes can still be traded aren't they?
    I tried to give this a run for the money (literally and figuratively) and tried to use trade bars for dye. Next discouraging point to add to this thread: there's no preview through the trade merchant to see what the dye packs look like. It appears that this change wasn't thought out very well in addition to being done in a vacuum with no feedback from the players that this was something that they actually wanted...
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    zyvan1 said:

Incorrect assumption. If a player is buying dye packs via the zen market...they are paying for zen. SNIP
    Incorrect assumption. Zen can be obtained with AD.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
    rgladiato said:

zyvan1 said:

Incorrect assumption. If a player is buying dye packs via the zen market...they are paying for zen. SNIP
    I stand corrected. I realized that I know quite a few people that trade zen for AD and vice-versa and never spend any real-world money on N-Dub.

That being said, for them and to anyone who enters a gift card, credit card or paypal payment, dye packs are definitely more expensive.

I opened 2 lockboxes and got 16 trade bars.
    16 bars = 4 dye packs
    2 keys = 250 zen (last week a 4-pack of dye in the zen market was 175 zen)

250 zen currently trades for about 88k AD.

Of course, you can trade directly for the dye packs (as tassedethe13 pointed out) for almost 1/3 of the cost. However, I expect the trade value of dye packs to start taking off as soon as everyone realizes that.
    zyvan1 said:

there's no preview through the trade merchant to see what the dye packs look like.
    It appears that this change wasn't thought out very well
    in addition to being done in a vacuum
    with no feedback from the players that this was something they wanted

100% this. This is what I asked for: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12736436

Tabs, one for fashion, one for gear+powers. each with multiple purchaseable subtabs. [armor+powers for pve, tab to armor+powers for pvp]

This was submitted. And then sent to someone who said it was sent to the interface department.

Sad to hear dyes arent available in preview screen. Dye preview per piece still works tho? with poor lighting.
    Sad to hear the cost of fashion is still high. I've never actually checked the tarmalune price of fashion.
    As you can see in the image, a 'right click to buy now' is what I actually wanted, and a scrollable wardrobe of pieces 'unlocked' [not necessarily in your inventory]

NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    Thanks for all the fish.
    edited January 2016
    dionchi said:

But it is ONLY good for the people who have the means of purchasing keys (or VIP privileges).

It used to be when a person wanted to purhase a fashion item or dye pack they could spend money, (or ply the AD Exchange) to obtain purchase ZEN and they were guarnteed to be able to buy what they wanted...

Now a player can either try to the AD Exchange (or use real world currency) to obtain sufficient ZEN to buy keys and take a chance that they might open a chest containing sufficient tradebars to get what they desire, if not they must purchase more keys to open more chests to get the trade bars to get the items they wanted.

Post edited by dionchi on
    DD~
    Hey a little birdie told me
    "The [new] lockbox does not include a Genie's Gift, but a version of the Tarmalune Trade Bar Jackpot that does not auto-open and can be sold on the auction house."

So now you can buy tarmalune with your ad to buy fashions. hopefully the prices come down for you. ;D
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User

I used to be able to display the various badges of all the packages I have purchased. I have purchased them all, from Feywild with the silly unicorn, to dragonborn pack, to the latest. I have no problem with spending money for something I want. I have a problem with spending money for a CHANCE at something I want.

So while I have spent for this game, I wont just buy anything. I have never, and will never, spend to open those horrible boxes. To date, as an open beta player, I have exactly ZERO trade bars across all my characters. I'm actually rather proud of this.

Incorrect and utterly with out merit. This player bought the fey wild pack, character slots, fashion items, and more for at least ten characters. Now what do they do? Hide fashion behind a game of Russian roulette. Take your trade bars and shove them. You do not know what you are talking about.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    edited January 2016

The amount of tradebars is still random, and while you get lucky with a tradebar jackpot from every lockbox you open, someone else might only see 1-5 bars from each lockbox at the same time.

But perhaps the secret to getting more then 5 tradebars from each lockbox lies in opening 30 of them in one go... who knows?
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    rgladiato said:

zyvan1 said:

Incorrect. Someone paid for that zen that you traded your AD for.

I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • revjimrevjim Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I'm like you darkdruid8. Fey Wild, Dragonborn, extra slots, fashion, etc... I'd rather pay a buck or two more to get what I want than hope that I get it out of a random lockbox. I've been gone for a while and came back hoping for something new and GOOD. Instead I see more garbage changes by PWE to try getting even more money from us. What I'd like to see but never will is more story content instead of the mind numbing end-game grind that doesn't appeal to me. Bring out a new story to go through with new characters and classes, add more paragon paths. But PWE is taking NW down the same road they started Champions Online on right after purchasing Cryptic. A dead end road full of useless junk items and CTA's instead of fresh new plots. I frankly don't see any reason to bother running the game update tomorrow. I'll continue to drop in occasionally to see if any improvements have occurred but won't hold my breath.

"Incorrect and utterly with out merit. This player bought the fey wild pack, character slots, fashion items, and more for at least ten characters. Now what do they do? Hide fashion behind a game of Russian roulette. Take your trade bars and shove them. You do not know what you are talking about."

I would gladly buy more things in the game if they would stop trying to commit high way robbery every step of the way. Why is it hard to focus on developing more races, fashions, dyes and actual content? What is difficult about making more packs like the Feywild that grant players several things to really get a nice little start in the game. Let us be realistic. The Feywild pack is not going to really give a player any sort of advantage considering how weak the control wizard is now and the constant need to stack health in order to survive. In this way the moon elf does not even offer much of an advantage....but...I like designing them. I will buy character slots to make more. I will purchase fashion for these characters.
    Given this you would think Cryptic instead of jeopardizing an already unbalanced mess by just ripping items straight out of the Zen store where people who have money, and want items can BUY items right away! Does this make any sense? Give us things to buy, this is not a gambling site. I did not sign up to play the Neverwinter Loto. Put things in the Zen store I have money I will buy them but I am not an idiot. I will never buy one blasted key, I will never open a single lock box and I will never sign up for V.I.P. just to give Cryptic money for doing nothing. Your silly keys and lockboxes are a wasted shell game and I want no part. There are plenty of games with stores that are loaded with fashion and customization that are not nearly as well rendered as Cryptic. When you see the wasted energy the developers have spent on dead end get rich schemes it is just rather disappointing.
  • archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited January 2016

As we stated earlier in our Improved Trade Bar Store blog, fashions will be removed entirely from the Zen Market. http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9729153

translation; we have stopped trying to claim this game isnt pay to win

i dont gamble so i dont use keys, wont be buying any more costume items, the only thing i still bought off zen store

i used to spend $50 a month on cryptic games, been playing since city of heroes moved to champs when it released spent quite a few $1000 over the years, i invite you to check howmuch has been spent on my account in the last year though less then 4 months worth of play from the era before you started trying to give everyone gambling addictions
  • archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    if this was anything but a cash grab they would of simply migrated fashions to the trade bar store and left them on zen store