test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: Elemental Evil 2.0.1

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Please head here to read the patch notes for our maintenance on 10/6: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9585603

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• tkhbecker74tkhbecker74 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    IF I werent so financially and emotionally invested in this game it would end up as deleted as did Destiny. Not too many new games on the horizon for me to be intrested in save Fable Legends maybe. IF this will be ARC/PW's trend I may have to take my loses and walk away

[quote]Marks of Potency have been reduced from 25k AD to 6k AD in the Wondrous Bazaar.
    Greater Marks of Potency have been reduced from 100k AD to 25k AD and have a chance to drop from Enchanted Coffers from Leadership.
    Superior Marks of Potency have been added to the Wondrous Bazaar and will be priced at 100k AD and Have a chance to drop from the Refiner's Cache and Coffers in the Dread Ring.[/quote]
    So lets give you Double RP then the changes?

[quote]Daily quests have been removed in favor of awarding AD when completing Skirmishes, Dungeons or Domination PvP content.[/quote]
    Means Rhix will no longer give daily missions

[quote]Astral Diamond Changes: The Leadership Profession has been modified to reward significantly fewer Astral Diamonds. Most tasks that used to reward AD no longer do so. Some tasks reward XP instead of AD. The rare level 4 task "Gather Diamonds" has been removed.[/quote]
    Means Leadership is now a PoS profession like Artificing IF youre character level 70. Thank goodness I wasted sooooo many months leveling this to 20 across 6 characters.

[quote]Heirloom Box has been updated to properly grant Shirts, Pants, Primary and Secondary Gear to Paladins. [/quote]
    Too late and too bad theyre not free appearance chance or it might have been worth it.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Means Leadership is now a PoS profession like Artificing IF youre character level 70. Thank goodness I wasted sooooo many months leveling this to 20 across 6 characters.

It's still a good source of RP once you get it to level 22-24 (the main problem is the grind to lvl 21, once you get to 21 you get the 500 exp task that makes leveling a lot faster). It's also getting a rework later on.

Means Rhix will no longer give daily missions

Because you automatically get the AD instead of having to go to Protectors Enclave to get the quest and turn it in. The real problem is that they removed the hourly events for skirmishes and dungeons.

So lets give you Double RP then the changes?

Xbox players don't really have anyone to blame but themselves seeing as this already happened on PC prior your double RP event. Always confused by players that are "invested" in the game but never bother reading the forums or news posts.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • shamrok#5900 shamrok Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    There needs to be cta weekly events since there is no skirmish for level 61-69, so pretty much this range won't be able to get AD from that source or maybe make skirmish like dungeons ie level x-70 for all skirmishes, another thing could be remove the daily cap for RAD from dungeon/skirmish/pvp until this gap can have the opportunity to gain AD from skirmishes in some form

There needs to be cta weekly events since there is no skirmish for level 61-69, so pretty much this range won't be able to get AD from that source or maybe make skirmish like dungeons ie level x-70 for all skirmishes, another thing could be remove the daily cap for RAD from dungeon/skirmish/pvp until this gap can have the opportunity to gain AD from skirmishes in some form

They made Aberrant Assault a level 57-69 skirmish.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • l5rshugenjal5rshugenja Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I think the changes are good across the board.
    The game rewards you more for playing, the way a MMO should.
    I just wish invoking continued to give you something Instead of ending. Doesn't have to be AD even.
    I'm all for changes that reward for actually playing.
  • tkhbecker74tkhbecker74 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    urabask said:

Xbox players don't really have anyone to blame but themselves seeing as this already happened on PC prior your double RP event. Always confused by players that are "invested" in the game but never bother reading the forums or news posts.

Youre right cause every PC Update (AD posted sep 9, marks sep 18) is instantly available for the Xbox within a few weeks. Thats why we only received EE 6 months after release but something that would effectively take away from a player is immediately implimmented

urabask said:

Youre right cause every PC Update (AD posted sep 9, marks sep 18) is instantly available for the Xbox within a few weeks. Thats why we only received EE 6 months after release but something that would effectively take away from a player is immediately implimmented

You should only be upgrading during a double RP event anyways. So you had two weeks notice essentially.

PC had absolutely no notice aside from some vague promises about AD sinks being changed in the wake of the removal of AD from leadership.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    While the GMOP price reduction is very welcome, predictably, there is going to be Rank 12 butthurt about it being done immediately after double RP.
  • madripper1madripper1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Now there are no seals of triumph so i can't buy new armor or anything because there are no more seals of triumph
  • madripper1madripper1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    what di I do with all this glory since now there is no seals of triumph?
    I am sure it is being, or was, considered, but leadership needs a bump with something for the AD loss. Does not have to be amazing, or something that is equally exploitable, but something.

Now there are no seals of triumph so i can't buy new armor or anything because there are no more seals of triumph

Seals of Triumph are supposed to be awarded automatically after your first win in GG or DOM.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • kclowekclowe Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    Another dirty move. I used 49 gmop this past weekend and two days after, the price is cut down by %75. Its not so much what the developers do to the game but its when. They wait till we all spend all our AD on 2x RP and then introduce the price cut. Why not last week?
    This game started off fun. You could earn your way to a bad <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> character while some chose to pay there way. slowly Arc has removed all ability to earn any significant AD. Having so much invested into the game makes it difficult to stop even though i know i should. Because of these dirty tactics Arc is not receiving any of my money. I would rather pay a secondary site then them. Even though we all know they are one in the same company.
    edited October 2015
    cut
    Post edited by stpensive on
  • arkantosdrakonarkantosdrakon Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    PvP domination not awarding seal of triumph anymore...how the heck are we supposed to buy the armor now at level 70?
    edited October 2015
    Nope AA skirmish is level 57-61 so us level 62-69 got the shaft for AD from skirmishes
    edited October 2015

Nope AA skirmish is level 57-61 so us level 62-69 got the shaft for AD from skirmishes

Like I said they're changing it to 57-69. It's already been changed to that on PC.

PvP domination not awarding seal of triumph anymore...how the heck are we supposed to buy the armor now at level 70?

It was bugged the first time they made the change so it might take them another patch to fix it.

IIRC if you have the daily victory quest you have to turn it in before it becomes automatic too.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    That doesn't make the timing of the change any better
This discussion has been closed.