test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF's and Tank Pala's DR Bugs (it happen to DPS classes also)

Comments

• xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Definitely hope the Devs/Community Manager (s) will see this and flag it for review... Would be great to not get one shot when you're doing everything the way you're supposed to be doing it. :)

yes, iam tired of blocking and die for no reason, tired of failing dungeons cuz of this bug. i will try to make a movie with it since its kind of see to believe, cuz no1 seems to test it as it should be (by devs playing a gf/pala in epic dungeons).

need to find a software to do it.

ty all for reading and reporting this bug.
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Btw have you sent an ingame ticket with "report bug"? Recently my friend on Mod 7 Alpha told devs about the cape bug and they said they didnt know anything about it, because nobody sent a ticket and they dont have much time to browse forums (their words). I think there is some lack of communication between "Report bug" section and devs. I can understand they dont have time to read forum themselves, especially when new mod is in alpha stage, but them not being aware of bugs that are posted here - thats wrong. I dont know whose role is it, but he should definitely improve the communication.

Anyway so far the best solution is - make people that want the bug to be fixed send a "Report Bug" ticket when their DR bugs, I guess the ticket goes with some additional information that may help. And tickets have a lot higher chance to be read, than forum posts
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    I've sent in report tickets that don't seem to get answered either. So i can't say the report ticket is a reliable system either.
    I even left a msg to 1 of the forum managers, that posted on slaad bug report that he would talk to devs about it, but no reply to this DR report.

i guess since the slaad dmg bug it easy visible in the video the forum manager saw it as something worth reporting, this 1 its not that easy, cuz u just see ppl taking high dmg, what may not seen as a bug but as u taking normal high dmg.
  • yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    Hey folks,

I'm going to see what we can dig up on this. I can't say that we'll have an answer right away, but we'll do some more investigation to see what's going on.

We'll report back once we know more.

Alex
    Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
    edited July 2015
    Hey folks,

I'm going to see what we can dig up on this. I can't say that we'll have an answer right away, but we'll do some more investigation to see what's going on.

Alex

i just wanna say thank you yetweallfalldown (Alex), for trying to make Dev's aware of this.

best regards,
    Rui Louro
    Heres a picture showing the bug, i get hit for 160k from a 100k attack. this happen every few min in dungeons not sure why. unless im reading it wrong my defense its ignored (DR) and the dmg multiplied.

https://plus.google.com/u/2/116876382499668835510/posts/dZBwFRcDhZZ?pid=6168493405142487074&oid=116876382499668835510

not sure if all can see the picture, iam not sure how to post it.

• burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    Hey folks,

Alex

Thanks, really appreciate you replying here, nice knowing its being worked on
    Paladin Master Race
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Thanks for the attention.

Well I posted a ticket as follows:
    The following is an excerpt from my log:

1 [Combat (Self)] Fire Scorpion gives 0 (98844) Physical Damage to you with Claw.
    2 [Combat (Self)] Your Aura of Courage deals 4186 (3355) Radiant Damage to Fire Scorpion.
    3 [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Radiant Strike deals 3405 (2728) Radiant Damage to Fire Scorpion.
    4 [Combat (Self)] Your Terror Weapon deals 160 (128) Necrotic Damage to Fire Scorpion.
    5 [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Shielding Strike deals 8731 (6997) Physical Damage to Fire Scorpion.
    6 [Combat (Self)] Your Terror Weapon deals 181 (145) Necrotic Damage to Fire Scorpion.
    7 [Combat (Self)] Your Aura of Courage deals 3987 (3195) Radiant Damage to Fire Scorpion.
    8 [Combat (Self)] Your Smite deals 991 (794) Radiant Damage to Fire Scorpion.
    9 [Combat (Self)] Your Terror Weapon deals 156 (125) Necrotic Damage to Fire Scorpion.
    10 [Combat (Self)] Stamina required.
    11 [Combat (Self)] Your Templar's Wrath absorbs 45574 damage from Fire Scorpion's Sting Fire.
    12 [Combat (Self)] Fire Scorpion deals 89632 (54303) Fire Damage to you with Sting Fire.
    13 [Combat (Self)] Your Aspect of Lightning deals 749 (600) Lightning Damage to Fire Scorpion.
    14 [Combat (Self)] Your Protector's Call deals 5592 (4482) Radiant Damage to Fire Scorpion.
    15 [Combat (Self)] Your Love of the Seldarine gives 2412 Hit Points to you.
    16 [Combat (Self)] Fire Scorpion deals 88817 (54303) Fire Damage to you with Sting Fire.

As you can see on line 1 my DR worked fully.
    On line 11 you can see my Templar's Wrath absorbing damage.
    On line 12 I take extra damage from the Scorpion's Fire Sting.
    On line 13 you can see that my Greater Blue Dragon enchantment procs.
    Then on line 16 you see the same extra damage from the Scorpion's Fire Sting.

This sort of extra damage happens regularly in t1 and t2 dungeons with little evidence of it happening elsewhere (with the possible exception of Emberclaw in Firey Pit).

At the time I was running Aura of Truth, Negation enchantment (unclear how charged) and Bane (3 stacks I think) with Sanctuary up, and possibly Shielding Strike buff. My base DR is 46%, so this could have amounted to over 100% DR (see scorpion Claw) but the Fire Sting ignored all of that and did extra damage on top of it!
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    xtremoz wrote: »
    Heres a picture showing the bug, i get hit for 160k from a 100k attack. this happen every few min in dungeons not sure why. unless im reading it wrong my defense its ignored (DR) and the dmg multiplied.

https://plus.google.com/u/2/116876382499668835510/posts/dZBwFRcDhZZ?pid=6168493405142487074&oid=116876382499668835510

not sure if all can see the picture, iam not sure how to post it.
    I see it.
    Yeah, that's common. Happens to me and seen it happen to others.
    Best I can do is hope soul forged recharged by the time the next mega dmg spike finds me.

deathbeez wrote:
    I see it.
    Yeah, that's common. Happens to me and seen it happen to others.
    Best I can do is hope soul forged recharged by the time the next mega dmg spike finds me.

yes i see it happen since day 1 of mod6, well not day 1 cuz i toke me a week to start doing lv70 Epics, cuz of lving time, but i notice since always, not in numbers but as crazy dmg spikes, but i thought it was normal low gear, new dmg system, but right now it keeps happen and with 3k+ iLv, its not normal even less when u get more dmg than the base of the attack, that is what makes dungeon runs fail so much. :(
    edited July 2015
    Hey folks,

Alex

Thanks for letting us know you are going to work on problem.
    Some of my observations (may be wrong, but worth testing):
    I think there are mobs that lower your DR until -100% CAP (because I guess there is a cap). Or the additional damage coming from some mob critical strikes/combat advantage damage lowers it. Its not going from normal DR to 200% additional damage in 1 hit. More like - you take 40% base damage, then you get bugged hit and from now on u take 60% base damage, then again bugged hit and you take 90% base damage and so on until you get 200% base damage. The stronger hit the more it bugs DR (some weak hits make you go from, for example, 120% damage taken to 125% damage taken, while Golems AoE make you take from 80% damage to 120% damage in 1 hit)
    Examples of bugged mobs:
    Shoes of Tuern - Golem before gate to wave of mobs in the middle of dungeon
    eLoL - Left side gates, golem between platforms.
    eCC/eToS - Phase Spiders - if they make the jump on your back + attack combo you gonna most likely die, but if you have just debugged it will give you like +80% damage taken. Perhaps the more % of your hp they take the more it bugs?
    Post edited by wentris on
    wentris wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Alex

Thanks for letting us know you are going to work on problem.
    Some of my observations (may be wrong, but worth testing):
    I think there are mobs that lower your DR until -100% CAP (because I guess there is a cap). Or the additional damage coming from some mob critical strikes/combat advantage damage lowers it. Its not going from normal DR to 200% additional damage in 1 hit. More like - you take 40% base damage, then you get bugged hit and from now on u take 60% base damage, then again bugged hit and you take 90% base damage and so on until you get 200% base damage. The stronger hit the more it bugs DR (some weak hits make you go from, for example, 120% damage taken to 125% damage taken, while Golems AoE make you take from 80% damage to 120% damage in 1 hit)
    Examples of bugged mobs:
    Shoes of Tuern - Golem before gate to wave of mobs in the middle of dungeon
    eLoL - Left side gates, golem between platforms.
    eCC/eToS - Phase Spiders - if they make the jump on your back + attack combo you gonna most likely die, but if you have just debugged it will give you like +80% damage taken. Perhaps the more % of your hp they take the more it bugs?

1 think i notice, was to do with DR%, right now i'm running with 45% it may sound low for a GF, but when tryed max defense gear (blue t1 set + companion gear defense base), i have reach 54-55% and for as strnge as it look i was finding myself taking more dmg, I may be wrong and think i did toke more cuz i was more defense and so i was less carefull probably.

But after a few runs it felt so clear i was doing worst in surviving with higher defense that i went back to 45% DR.
    Just a note that the Phase Spiders have an attack that based on its wording when it flashes on screen I believe is supposed to ignore a lot or all DR. Which can then crit for 130k or more damage...
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    edited July 2015
    Just a note that the Phase Spiders have an attack that based on its wording when it flashes on screen I believe is supposed to ignore a lot or all DR. Which can then crit for 130k or more damage...

It crits for 400k damage on a tank. And ignoring defense = 100% base damage, not 200%
    I only care if it goes over 122k, 244k with a full load of temps, and I don't have an external log, only in game. I just plan to die at the Phase Spiders in eToS and eCC, easier that way.:)
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    I am curious if any progress has been made on this bug. I am really sick and tired of getting dropped in one hit by a basic attack from any critter or boss I happen to be standing next to.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Submitted to the devs!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

edited July 2015
    Submitted to the devs!

Just want to say thank you! this will make the game way more fun when it gets fixed.

once again thank you!

best regard!
  • dieschurakidieschuraki Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Hello, i know my english is not so well, but i hope you understanding my calculation.

This is from a GF in Kessel.

So here the mathematical proof that there is a formula error in the game, rather than a minus is a plus.

Let's take the example 1.

Example 1 from Kessel:
    [Battle (Alone)] Blackice- Golem adds character with "punch" 96873 (57005) Physical Damage.

The number in parenthesis, 57005, is the harm if the GF would have 0% damage residence, he would be naked.

That is, since he had a loss of 69.9% in this residence impact at this time.

proof:

96873-57005=39868 (Blocked damage)

57005 --> 100%
    39868 --> 39868 * 100 / 57005 = 69,937... rounded 69,9 %

And here the bill how much he should get.
    100% --> 57005 damage
    69,9% --> 57005 * 69,9 / 100 = 39846,495 rounded 39846 damage

Since we have the Damage Resistance also rounded up, the value is just wide. Would you expect the whole number after the decimal point, you would plan exactly.
  • dieschurakidieschuraki Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    i hope it´s helpfull

tks for the contribution but i think, due to the unpredictable bheavior of the arpen of mobs, that is not like you stated..

for me its more like:

1st hit mob ArP 30%, your Dr 60% --> 70 [100] where the formula is (base dmg / (Dr - ArP))*100
    2nd hit mob ArP 30%+30%, your Dr 60% --> 100 [100] effectiveness 100%
    3rd hit mob ArP 30%+30%+30%, yuor Dr 60& --> 130 [100] effectiveness 130%
    ...and so on since effect 200% is reached, seems that this value is HARD CAPPED for everyone, mobs AND real players.

the bug is hiding somewhere and triggers out after a while, not on the very first hit of mobs, and when it triggers it pumps the ArP of mobs up to the hard cap of 200% effect since you die, than the formula reset itself again to zero.

obviusly is more noticeble on boss fights, where a wing hit of lostmouth can reach 500K dmgs AoE, but i have recorded it on every mob with ArP, so bosses and all T2 mobs roght now.

if this is the case, it means arpen reduces DR, not for 1 hit but for some time, making another hit on that window to reduce DR again. like:

base DR 60%, 1 hit (reducing 20%) = 40% making the 2nd Hit reduce 20% DR again, but from 40% (60% - 20% from 1st hit)

if this what's happen its a problem in the formula cuz, where its counting (temp DR) and not base, i call it temp cuz some skill (dc and so) and some enchant (negation) make your DR get higher but that's not base DR.

so what may be happening it DR being reduce for a percentage on each Hit from mobs Arpen, and those stacking like:

base DR - 1st hit arpen - 2nd hit arpen - 3rd hit arpen .... till it max at 200% dmg effectiveness.

when it should be always base DR - hit arpen, for each hit.
    edited July 2015
    To show how frequent this bug is i made an album with pic's from 1 Kessel's run where i show some of the times i realize dmg spikes.

in the end it happen in each group of adds at least 1 time, u can see it clear.

link: https://plus.google.com/u/2/116876382499668835510/posts/YAgZvUaFPtp?pid=6174103859366515650&oid=116876382499668835510

i hope u can see the album i suck at this (posting pic and so)
  • umcjdkingumcjdking Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    I refuse to so much as invoke until this is fixed. It has utterly made the game boring for my main character. How did this bug even survive a few simple playtests?
    umcjdking wrote: »
    I refuse to so much as invoke until this is fixed. It has utterly made the game boring for my main character. How did this bug even survive a few simple playtests?

I think the bug its not that visible for main player, every1 just think dmg its too high, it's true the dmg increased a lot compared to mod5, but more than the difficulty increase what is making t1-and t2 runs fail crazy its this bug. when u run a 130k HP tank with 50% DR and adds that should be hitting 40-50k (base) end hitting 100k+ completely ignoring DR/Defense when that's is our main status, its just a huge game breaking bug.
    xtremoz wrote: »
    umcjdking wrote: »

I think the bug its not that visible for main player, every1 just think dmg its too high, it's true the dmg increased a lot compared to mod5, but more than the difficulty increase what is making t1-and t2 runs fail crazy its this bug. when u run a 130k HP tank with 50% DR and adds that should be hitting 40-50k (base) end hitting 100k+ completely ignoring DR/Defense when that's is our main status, its just a huge game breaking bug.

Yep, your success in a dungeon should be left up to skill, and if the players are prepared, not random chance and lucky shots that one shot a tank with 60%+ DR, block defense up, and almost 200k of HP and temp HP.​​
    :( 1 more week and nothing, stronghold its almost there and still no bug fix, so we can only hope that on 11 august we get it fix... if not this is just getting ridiculous, a full mod made exclusively to make the tank/healer a must in game play, when all from dungeons is BoP, having this kind of bug for so long its just making fun of player.

I'm glad that strumslinger and yetweallfalldown (both admin) have read this post and as they said report it to Dev's, now we can see if Dev's, PWE and Cryptic acknowledge this as a game breaking bug or if its just something they can leave, compared to some class/skill or pet bugs we have seen fix on mod6 for me this is the worst since it affect all classes, all builds all players in all epic dungeons.

something tells me this is going to stay here, for a long time cuz now its new module fault for no fixes, then there another mod and another.

in any case i wanna thank every player and admin that read and report this bug.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    They're packaging most fixes with the Stronghold codebase since backporting is often difficult to impossible depending on how the fix was implemented. If the fix is dependent on some now object in the SH code, it could be a disaster to backport. If it's fixed on preview, then just be happy that it will end up in production eventually, but posting here repeatedly asking if it's been fixed, honestly, isn't productive and won't add priority. In fact, all it really does is bump down other issues that may not have been looked at yet.
    kvet wrote: »
    They're packaging most fixes with the Stronghold codebase since backporting is often difficult to impossible depending on how the fix was implemented. If the fix is dependent on some now object in the SH code, it could be a disaster to backport. If it's fixed on preview, then just be happy that it will end up in production eventually, but posting here repeatedly asking if it's been fixed, honestly, isn't productive and won't add priority. In fact, all it really does is bump down other issues that may not have been looked at yet.

lol its funny cuz seems reporting vorpal buggs all the time seems ok, maybe cuz theres more ppl playing with vorpal than play tank.

i dont want to "add priority" i want ppl to realize it exist.
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    This is getting beyond stupid tbh. Look at this combat log:

VmRQkVO.png

- mob was debuffed with 3 stack of Bane before it hit me.
    - I had sanctuary up before i even get close to the mob (60% dmg reduction with Prot Paladin)
    - Shield of Faith = 50% dmg reduction

Despite all that im still getting one shoted.