test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Infiltrating PUGs to sabotage them

n00fkan00fka Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PvP Discussion
I spent the weekend PVPing, and something I noticed was that some guilds would form premades and then have another one of their guild members queue for solo at the same time. Then when the match started, that one solo guildy on the opposing side would just sit down, essentially making the match a 4 vs 5... PVP is hard enough as it is when you are in a PUG going up against a premade, but for them to then sabotage the match by having one of their own infiltrate the PUG and just sit at the campsite is IMHO cheating. I'm not going to name any names, I'll just say it was a Spanish speaking group that I saw doing this. Anyone else notice this going on, or am I paranoid? Is there any recourse for when we see such behavior?
Post edited by n00fka on

Comments

• halstenberghalstenberg Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Look, they didn't change the matchmaking for the event, everybody knows how it can be gamed, so here you go. Without at least a solo queue such a "competition" means nothing. The top players know how to farm effectively, they are not necessarily the most skilled players.
  • berserkrage99berserkrage99 Member Posts: 103
    edited June 2015
    Nope, the person sitting at the campfire has every right to do so. Plus, you have no proof that there is such "sabotaging" going on just because they're from the same guild. Carry on, and enjoy the event Cryptic has created.
  • damnwidgetdamnwidget Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    n00fka wrote: »
    I'm not going to name any names, I'll just say it was a Spanish speaking group that I saw doing this

Say names and cut the bull****
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    damnwidget wrote: »
    Say names and cut the bull****

Naming and Shaming is a direct violation of TOS.
  • aroshniaroshni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've been doing domination as pug this weekend and have had people from pvp guilds in my party and against them at same time and none of them did such thing, although they weren't a premade just a couple of them here and there.

I'm in a spanish guild and would like to know which guild did that, so please send me a pm with the name of the guild or the person who did that if you don't want to share publicly.
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Just to understand how they "exploit":

5 player in a premade grp and 1 player who queues solo? What is the percantage number to get with a premade grp in the same arena as the solo player? I still dont get it, how you can exploit with this method. Maybe the 1 solo player saw that he was fighting in a rnd grp against his guildmates. So what? He dont wanna fight against his buddies? So he is exploiting? Come on...
    Maybe it happens 1 of 100 times. So? Exploiting? Srly?

• canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    spideymt wrote: »
    Just to understand how they "exploit":

5 player in a premade grp and 1 player who queues solo? What is the percantage number to get with a premade grp in the same arena as the solo player? I still dont get it, how you can exploit with this method. Maybe the 1 solo player saw that he was fighting in a rnd grp against his guildmates. So what? He dont wanna fight against his buddies? So he is exploiting? Come on...
    Maybe it happens 1 of 100 times. So? Exploiting? Srly?

I was playing at .MIDNIGHT last night and it was an EXPRESS. match as I needed to log, I was tired. We were against a premade with well known PvP guild. We were keeping it close to about 250ish points (we were down about 20points at that point) suddenly the member of the well known PvP guild on our team PSYCHED us out and started sitting at the fire. Tide turned and we could no longer keep up.

To me it felt like we were going to make the match last too long so the matched was sabotaged to end it quicker. Is this an exploit? No. Does this show the true colours of these guilds... why yes again we get a shinning example of why these folks are not respected in the least.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I have experienced similar... and thought that it was odd. I was facing a premade, consisting of multiple PvP guilds, and I was teamed with a "camper" from one of the guilds that was represented. They were not great, but when you are 4v5 it is hard to win. That sabotage frustrated other members into quitting... making it 3v5.

Just like "Rule #34" if it is possible... it will be done.

There are multiple strategies that they can use... I have seen "Cat and Mouse", I have seen "Possum", I have seen "6v4" and quite a few more.

"Cat and Mouse" is this, they would lull you into a false sense of security... thinking that you are good winning by 100 points. Then they turn the tide, 3 cap in no time and the match is over. They did not die a lot, killed a few and scored just enough to make it sexy.

Have you seen it before? LOL...
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Who gives a rats *** about leaderboard?

They should get rid of the leaderboard. It was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in mod3, it was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in mod4, it was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in mod5, it…. And so on.
    It will always be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> without a proper balance, proper matchmaking, proper bugfixing, and without the enormous amount of p2w this game became.

Play pvp for the fun playing with other players against other players. Dont play it competetive!
    edited June 2015
    Here is my solution to the match-making debacle.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?960281-Who-else-thinks-this-way

Yeah... and the Leaderboard needs to get ****ed... lol
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    EoA nuff said.

but idk why they do that when they go with 3-4 TR comp

Prove? Stop ur crying about pvp guilds. The rewards are so bad for pvp, no one sane would go for things like you decribed just be ause of some blood rubbies.
    Some pvp guilds are big and people queue at the same time. When they are matched together, they fight, sometimes maybe doing silly 1vs1 and stuff like that.
    edited June 2015
    Prove? Stop ur crying about pvp guilds. The rewards are so bad for pvp, no one sane would go for things like you decribed just be ause of some blood rubbies.
    Some pvp guilds are big and people queue at the same time. When they are matched together, they fight, sometimes maybe doing silly 1vs1 and stuff like that.

I heard it from a premade of Absolute and Purple Dragons, that they are all farming for the Pirate gear and the Bullette. They are selling the Pirate gear at a hefty mark-up but people will buy it.

The going price is from 190k to 250k AD/ piece.

This has created a farming aspect to PvP. We are all being farmed by the PvP guilds.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • aroshniaroshni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    When your mates are afk you can always do this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RpuFafsLqQ
    edited June 2015
    aroshni wrote: »
    When your mates are afk you can always do this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RpuFafsLqQ

I always do.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    heres something for OP http://tinfoil-hat.com/?page_id=6
    Paladin Master Race
  • samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    I heard it from a premade of Absolute and Purple Dragons, that they are all farming for the Pirate gear and the Bullette. They are selling the Pirate gear at a hefty mark-up but people will buy it.

This has created a farming aspect to PvP. We are all being farmed by the PvP guilds.

I mean... all I hear is how useless the rewards are. The prizes are just a side effect of all the pvp that is done in general. But there has always been farming in pvp.. for glory. But nice try! :)
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 418 Arc User

You make this sound as if folks like you are purposely being farmed. That is not the case. Most premades hate entering a match to find pugs as the opposition. Are premades farming the event? Yes. Are most of them purposely farming pugs? No. Thank matchmaking for that. Most of these folks pvp heavily regardless of the rewards.

Also, there is no conspiracy. If someone went afk at the beginning it was probably because they know what is about to happen to them vs their guild's premade. I don't do it but I can't fault them. Going against my guildies with under geared folks that most likely have poor knowledge on pvp mechanics is hopeless.

edited June 2015
    PvP is being farmed... not me... not the other players that lay beneath the PvP guilds... the matches.

What does that mean?

No care for anything or anyone but their own desires. We asked if some of us could cap to hit 600... they laughed. When it is over within 3 minutes and all we can do is die. Most of the opposition made just over 600 points... in fact I think that the highest total was about 1200.

I am not expecting anyone to be fair, but being passive/aggressive to make up for their short-comings IRL... is not a way to make any problem go away. It is like choosing alcoholism or drugs to cope.

It is one thing to enjoy PvP and it is another to be a complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> while doing it. It is not very difficult to be nice every once in a while.

Your statements regarding premades supports my actions to introduce a separate queue for premades.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    DrKbodhi,

I solo queue with pugs 90% of the time, and out of the 10% of the time I do premades, I feel the same as Pherrow. Its no fun group queueing for 10 minutes for a pop (group queues usually takes longer), just to meet up with some undergeareds then beat them down in 1 minute and then wait for another 5 minutes for the game to end... I am sure most of the people queue PvP for fun, for a challenge, not 1/16 minutes fighting and have 15 minutes waiting for games to pop/or to end.

So why do we do premades? Personally being a GWF, there is ZERO CHANCE for me to kill any good OP/DC 1 vs 1 (eventhough I am BiS), and if the pug team doesn't have another strong dps/controller, then 90% of the time, its whichever team has better OP/DC that wins, cus realistically, 90% of the pugs has no chance bringing down a good DC/OP combo, and as long as the two players occupies a node, the pugs can do NOTHING about it, they dont have enough fire power to bring down the OP/DC, and would therefore get trashed by the enemy team's DPSer. However, being a premade it can be a lot more tactical, DC/OP has the option to occupy a node / float around to heal/assist their teammate, and even when fighting with BiS DC/OPs, the premades would also be able to coordinate better and combo Control enemy team's healer/dc or weakest link to score a node, the fight will require more teammwork and can be a lot more tactical, and then regardless of the result, we would learn how different classes can coordinate better to perform deadly combos that takes down your enemy.

My point? Most of the premades are there for a challenge, for a game that can further improve their already-excelled teamworking skills, I highly doubt much of them is going for the PvP rewards, cus realistically if you are good enough for a high-end premade, then the PvP rewards probably wont make much difference to you.

Also for your record, in the past 6 premade games I came across, 4 of them matched up with our own guild's premades (2 different groups, 4 times in a row!) but we did not stop fighting until the score significanted the win/lose, but the best thing of it? We learn how different classes can be combined together to perform unimaginable combos! There are always things we can learn, and often it's from the premade vs premade rather than in a pug game. :\

> @drkbodhi said:
    > osterdrache wrote: »
    >
    > Prove? Stop ur crying about pvp guilds. The rewards are so bad for pvp, no one sane would go for things like you decribed just be ause of some blood rubbies.
    > Some pvp guilds are big and people queue at the same time. When they are matched together, they fight, sometimes maybe doing silly 1vs1 and stuff like that.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I heard it from a premade of Absolute and Purple Dragons, that they are all farming for the Pirate gear and the Bullette. They are selling the Pirate gear at a hefty mark-up but people will buy it.
    >
    > The going price is from 190k to 250k AD/ piece.
    >
    > This has created a farming aspect to PvP. We are all being farmed by the PvP guilds.
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 418 Arc User
    PvP is being farmed... not me... not the other players that lay beneath the PvP guilds... the matches.

What does that mean?

No care for anything or anyone but their own desires. We asked if some of us could cap to hit 600... they laughed. When it is over within 3 minutes and all we can do is die. Most of the opposition made just over 600 points... in fact I think that the highest total was about 1200.

I am not expecting anyone to be fair, but being passive/aggressive to make up for their short-comings IRL... is not a way to make any problem go away. It is like choosing alcoholism or drugs to cope.

It is one thing to enjoy PvP and it is another to be a complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> while doing it. It is not very difficult to be nice every once in a while.

Your statements regarding premades supports my actions to introduce a separate queue for premades.

No care for anything but their own desires, huh? Being passive aggressive to make up for short comings in RL, really?

Funny thing is, I drop pages on the leaderboard because I won't continue to pug stomp once we have won...the groups that I am in has done the same, many times. Should we do something differently? Maybe kill relentlessly to drive our scores up to see if that helps? Should we not 1v1 when asked? Considering the people I run with, it's a big no-no to interfere with a 1v1 on purpose. Should we care? Should we not allow folks or suggest to folks they should cap to get enough for a reward? After all, they are at our mercy. You have this tone that likes to paint us all the same...ruthless keyboard commandos that relish the suffering of pugs. That is not the case.

I know many that are NOT asshats in pvp. I personally like to represent my guild and the pvp community in a positive way but it's getting to the point where I have to wonder if it has been worth my time these past 2 yrs...and should I continue. One route is surely easier than the other.

• sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've PvP'd significantly less this module than before, but my experiences are pretty consistent module to module. The vast majority of pre-mades (once the imbalance is blatantly obvious) are decent enough folks to allow the opposition to at least make the minimum required to collect a reward.
    They appear to want to move on to a match that'll challenge them which is fair and reasonable, rather than go PUG stomping,
    It's the minority that behave indecently. They're not exclusive to particular guilds, and those that are, aren't necessarily representatives of said guilds. Chances are that these ppl would be behaving like that in RL, and not likely to change that. As in RL, good and bad everywhere. We've seen this in our own guild.

I can't help but feel that separate queues for solo and premade would help the situation. Solo queue meaning exactly that (particularly at times when an event is running).

As per OP, well I hadn't seen it until today. Behaviour that was suggestive of the match being influenced, but I can't be entirely sure
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
    I was actually suggesting this for events such as the NCL... or any future events that would have PvP involved.

What I have experienced in quite a few of my PvP matches dictates the veracity of my thoughts. In other words what I have seen is that some layers do express their RL frustrations at the expense of others.

This is the first mod where I have experienced "fair-play" in Dom. I was shocked the first time I witnessed this happening.

As far s the OP's original I have experienced this 4 times out of 70+ matches. In one match, a team member just sat in their throne by the campfire for duration of the match. We were facing a premade from this person's guild. They ended the match with 300 points.

I am not saying that it is "sabotage" and I am not saying that it isn't. When you enter a queue you make a promise to the others that 'Pop' at the same time... that you will do what you can for the team effort.

BTW... recently, when I was the party leader and I watched someone disconnect just before the match started... I was able to kick him from the party. In the hopes of getting someone in his place. So I do not know if they have changed the ability to kick... or if it was just due to the fact that it was before the match started.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    they should just start dealing out bans for afk or leave on pvp games, if not full bans then pvp bans
    Paladin Master Race
    edited June 2015
    Considering that it is very difficult to play and report someone for being AFK... I think allowing the party leader to ask for a vote that would potentially give said player a 30 minute to 1 hour penalty for going AFK, is an option.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    Yes, my duo partner went to toilet and got kicked after 1 minute AFK lol

This happened after the enemy team surrendered and we were just giving them free nodes/points for their glory/tokens, so yea, instead of getting ranked up, she was ranked down with 30mins penalty for being a deserter... poor thing... :*
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)