test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Piercing dmg needs a tonedown(shadow oppurtunity/shocking execution).

2»

Comments

• Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    rinat114 wrote: »
    I honestly think the last time I've seen a tr bother to use an actual encounter on me other than throwing daggers from the other side of the node/COS at me was last mod. Fix SO already.

That's "remove", not "fix". Frankly speaking the smokebomb rotation is nothing but pure service to your team as well as an insurance for whatever situation that may overwhelm it. If the Sabo wants to really go max-efficiency he can simply target smaller numbers of enemies at a time and simply slot ITC -- BnS -- SS... in which case it goes like this:

stealth → CoS + CoS + CoS + CoS → SS from stealth → enemy dazed, your stealth full → CoS + CoS + CoS + CoS → BnS → stop attacks, loiter around with dodges, stall → stealth off → ITC → CoS + CoS + CoS + CoS → SS is recharged → restealth ... rinse and repeat maybe once, full AP gained → SE

For most opponents the first full rotation is enough to bring down more than like 50~60% HP, continue the fight a little longer and full AP is gained, SE as finisher... and during the entire the you'll get to see the Sabo maybe once, in ITC, for 4~5 secs before he SS and restealth again, and then shortly afterwards you're dead.

Trust me. I'm a TR. We don't need Shadowy Opportunity. Without SO, the Sabo needs to do more than CoS attacks if he wants to kill something. Be it Lashing Blade or Dazing Strike attacks or DF or whatever, he needs to use his stealthed time to set his attack up, and then execute it at close range. If it goes well the TR retains the initiative, if that fails then the TR loses stealth and comes to danger. Whatever happens it needs to take risks to be successful with an attack.

Every other TR takes that much risk. We do it on an everyday basis with shorter stealth times and less restealthing tools. Compared to mod5 the shorter stealth duration makes it that much tougher and makes us more vulnerable, so we're not as invincible as mod5, we operate at higher risks -- at least, this is true for the non-Sabos.

They don't need SO.

Whatever the feat is switched to, it shouldn't be a damage buff, because even without SO, being mostly in stealth and benefiting from longer use of auto-crit attacks is by itself enough to be at least on par with other TR paths. Any kind of damage buff is simply unnecessary and an overkill. The Sabos, when they go perma, should be the weakest damaging, non-threatening TR build-type in the game. They, of course, would still be the most powerful solo node-contendors. Just like DCs or OPs are. Hence, they should not be able to kill anything with a perma setup, just like DCs or OPs can't.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    If a GWF wearing and (ab)using WoE just deal that amount of damage, that GWF is undergeared has hell... or Sentinel

just logged to point out that yesterday i got hit for 133k ibs, deflected to 23k + 45k of woe
    which means nothing but i had to say it.
  • Options
    revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Nah, if you read the post before, I already said DC/GF/OP are not killable when 1v1. Which means TR cannot kill any class 1v1

GF VS TR and the GF dont die? Lmao. GFs are very killable in a 1on1.
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    SO needed removed from that tree and replaced by something else. I am glad they finally got around to it (should have been done ages ago). The one problem I see with the fix is that it is now only good in PvP and entirely worthless in PvE (wasn't that good to begin with in PvE). So to fix a PvP problem the make the feat now PvP only.

Now they need to look at ITC (maybe make it so that if it stays as it is that it drops if the TR attacks -- would have to make sure things like feythistle and such don't count as an attack).
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    I think they do want that. Not sure why this post has not been removed. Anytime I even mention the word nerf, my comment goes to the Abyss. I say quit asking for nerfs to TR and ask for buffs to your own class. It is going too far. They take out SS and now SO, when the root of the problem is LOL set and a hatred for TR Sabos and DPS CWs in general.

There's nothing "too far" with asking for a nerf to the goddarned SO, nor does that justify any of the the straw-man arguments concerning how -- supposedly -- asking for a nerf to a blatantly broken mechanic will inevitably lead to a mechanic that's working fine.

YES, some dumb people want everything nerfed for the TR.
    NO, that doesn't mean all nerf demands are wrong.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'