Options

Fix The Clerics and Pala Pls

2»

Comments

• Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    wentris wrote: »
    Converting OP to "Tanky DPS" is last thing PvE needs...

So don't complain that mr "I hit like a wet noodle" is tough as nails himself.

If you can't deal any damage or don't have potent crowd control the only thing left is being durable.

Its not rocket science here.

My OP can be easily killed by COMPETENT CW+whatever will be next to that CW, because its impossible to sustain through the sheer CC and DPS CWs produce.

I don't have top tier negation, but I suppose it would be even harder to kill my OP if I had, but then again, this is negation enchants being most overpowered thing this module then anything with DC or OP survivability.

How long does it take to kill non negation OP/DC compared to the ones who use it?
    See where is the problem now?

If negation was a timed buff or a proc like most other enchants we wouldn't have these problems.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    you dont have to do <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with pve builds vs pvp..

Any nerfs that hurt pve, isnt pvp players fault, thats on the devs and coding. They take lazy shortcuts (Ie cleanse) all the time.

They can just make PVP mode matching (gg, dom or any closed instance) deal totally different then in the rest of pve.

They DO in fact have to do something with the OP, its the most ridiculous thing Ive seen in pvp .. that includes any spell storm, deep gash bleeds , emblem and the many , many feats that were way over performing for pvp since day 1.

READ that again, there has never been something this ridiculous set in pvp since day 1. In fact the STORM spell NERF has made it WAY worse, as you now have LESS dps going against this utterly broken class. Without the abilities to control and burn, you cant do anything against them. They need to make this immunity thing go away.. or vastly reduced for pvp.

Im sorry, but dont scream at pvp or pve or anything vice versa, they can code anything they want to, any way they want to.

I dunno, perma stealth is pretty over the top as well. I haven't played D&D since version 3.5, but the thieves became visible after attacking. To fight invisibly seems pretty unfair.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    READ that again, there has never been something this ridiculous set in pvp since day 1. In fact the STORM spell NERF has made it WAY worse, as you now have LESS dps going against this utterly broken class. Without the abilities to control and burn, you cant do anything against them. They need to make this immunity thing go away.. or vastly reduced for pvp.

Im sorry, but dont scream at pvp or pve or anything vice versa, they can code anything they want to, any way they want to.
    If it's that broken you should have no difficulty in accurately describing the broken feats/powers/mechanics and what needs to be done to fix them. Or would you just like to continue shouting NERF NAO PLOX at the top of your voice?
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Only one Paladin paragon has any self-healing, unless you mean Temp HP.

I only know I whack them, and more hit ponts show up to cover the divide. Perhaps they are temp, they often show up as yellow, I believe.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Only one Paladin paragon has any self-healing, unless you mean Temp HP.

Prot can heal with cleansing, even lvl 1 skill heals for 5k+ in combat, out of combat i have crit for 30k+
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    Prot can heal with cleansing, even lvl 1 skill heals for 5k+ in combat, out of combat i have crit for 30k+
    Fair point. I never use it myself so forgot that one.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I have been decimated by decently skilled Tr's when playing my pala. Its not really hard too just daze them chuck a few SO daggers then SE for the kill. if a paladin is dazed, and you pile on them, he cant do anything to mitigate / heal / stop the damage.

I've done the same to enemy paladins with my Tr. its even easier when 2 people go for him and chain CC. A tank that deals barely any real damage in end game pvp should be TANKY.

When you run up too a paladin and just bash away of course you aren't going too kill him. same as when you run up to a GF and start beating on him front on, they're tanks. theyre meant too be hard too kill. its like when you're fighting a cleric inside his astral shield . he's going to be hard too kill because hes set up. Paladins might in the right situation be able to essentially tank anything, but soon as you cc him up and break through his defences suddenly he goes from godly too a meat sack.

I do like the idea of having warlocks debuff healing % though. even if just on one or two encounters making them "situational healer killers"
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Oh look, another one of these threads.

LOL! Indeed . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    ketsuekikamiketsuekikami Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You still cant name whats making them seem immortal right?

Oathbound Paladin armor slotted with Elven Battle Enchantment.

There are two catagories of people promoting this as fair: 1) people who don't PvP, 2) people who think it's fun to pretend this isn't the most over-powered character build in the game since alpha.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    In accordance with rule 3.15 of the RoC, please do not create threads that are nerf or buff requests without a sense of direction. Saying "nerf these guys because I can't beat them in PVP" is NOT a valid suggestion. The replies in this thread and the flame/troll fest it has turned into is a textbook example of why we do not allow such threads.

When making balance suggestions, give an example of how you feel balance should be achieved and a detailed explanation as to why--just saying "they're OP" or "unkillable in PVP" doesn't cut it.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.