What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PVP Champion's League event thoughts

Comments

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    thats cause back in the rush you didnt need aoe powers you needed ranged and quick powerful attacks single targets was the answer for cw's thats the only way i could get a great success.

whatttttss?

Steal time+ icy terrian +coi on tab will net you great success every time.. even now with spell storm nerf.
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ok, i changed my mind, this isn't a beta test, not even decent, this is more horrible, than "normal" PVP DOM ever was. For the prices some guilds roam the battlefields. So more gifts to the wealthy and to some "dirty tricks" users.

Why not give the prices directly to them, why this theater. Leader board is the exact copy of the disastrous Dom.

My bad luck, but most of the time premades for me and all in pure/transcendent negation and that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> wheel. It burns me down from full health to zero. Skill, what skill, this isn't about skill at all, either you can afford to buy the bugged/exploited stuff or not, this is the only skill in this tournament.

The other time i got a "normal team", 1 or 2 leavers, 2 AFK i am here for the tokens only, a few traitors with the double guild trick, let's let the buddy on the other side win.

Nice going Cryptic, another epic fail and another fine example, how not to do it.

The good old phrase comes to my mind: Good work takes time. This hasty patchwork of event is like Mod 6, it bleeds from more wounds, than a guy hit by a truck.

P.S: I wrote to a Dev, that if he asks for advise at some PVP guilds, this will come out of it. Don't want to praise myself, but i predicted it all. Asking them for advise was a bad idea:

1. From that moment on they will know all insider tricks.

2. They will give only such advises, which benefits them, not the entire community.

No offense meant, but this is the painful truth.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My thoughts are, HRs permastun is ****ing no skill, feels like playing against handicapped player with one hand, or somebody just eating a cupcake with one hand and permastunning you with another. TR Sabos, that's just priceless, wondering how many TRs out there thinking they are ****ing pros with spamming CoS for 9k damage and then activating Lurkers Assault if the target won't die huh
    Why did they nerf some CWs damage but left SO and permastunn of HRs alone huh Even a bluegeared pos hr can permadaze and mock at everyone like that.
  • Options
    misharonamisharona Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Quite a range of posts from hate to love here. So all is normal! ;P

My experience last night was I couldn't get in a match with my 70 or 62. Sat in the qeue for 10 minutes each an never got in. Qeue'd GG and was in almost immediately.

Switched to a low level toon (20's) and was in quickly. Went 3/0 mostly because I don't think the other team understood what those tall tower-looking things were for. My L24 GF did alright even though I kept trying for my Anvil of Doom which he naturally doesn't have yet...

My L70 toon can't see the tourney pvp quest givers exclamation marks--not sure what's up with that.

Still--no complaints outside of those we've always had. Some are Very Legitimate, others not-so-much. The really bad ones are well known and hopefully will be taken care of in the NEAR future.

Maybe this tourney will spark some interest that brings a few more players to the qeues. I hope so and I hope some of them stay around. There are good matches to be had if you can mentally set aside those lopsided beatings. I just forget about them and qeue again. Why? Because IMO there is nothing more fun than those nail-biter matches. I like PVE as well but PVP is--for me--where the rubber meets the road.

So I'm glad this event is happening even in the current flawed state of pvp. More players is a good thing.

And for those that say pvp breaks pve--give me a break. Do you really think everything in pve would be perfect if pvp didn't exist?

Just play and enjoy the best you can and hope additional interest bring additional fixes down the road.

Respectfully
  • Options
    matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    misharona wrote: »

And for those that say pvp breaks pve--give me a break. Do you really think everything in pve would be perfect if pvp didn't exist?

Just play and enjoy the best you can and hope additional interest bring additional fixes down the road.

Respectfully

PVE would be JUST perfect after 2 and a half years if no PVP existed or if the changes made for PVP were not affecting PVE. Its quite reasonable after 2.5 years to reach an almost perfect balance, its unreasonable after 2 years we face the EXACT same unbalanced game both in PVE and in PVP. Its like game just launched ffs. And no we cant just "play and enjoy" after 1000 days of the same mistakes and errors, we are ABOUT to stop playing cause we are NOT enjoying the repeated mistakes, over and over again. WE ARE NOT LOBOTOMIZED yet :P
  • Options
    spookholiospookholio Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    healary wrote: »
    It is the same old story. Solo queuers should not be forced to match with premade teams. Everybody should only be allowed to queue solo, no team join allowed. Then it will be more fun for the general public.

I agree, currently there is just too much imbalance.
  • Options
    misharonamisharona Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    matiagronx wrote: »
    PVE would be JUST perfect after 2 and a half years if no PVP existed or if the changes made for PVP were not affecting PVE. Its quite reasonable after 2.5 years to reach an almost perfect balance, its unreasonable after 2 years we face the EXACT same unbalanced game both in PVE and in PVP. Its like game just launched ffs. And no we cant just "play and enjoy" after 1000 days of the same mistakes and errors, we are ABOUT to stop playing cause we are NOT enjoying the repeated mistakes, over and over again. WE ARE NOT LOBOTOMIZED yet :P

I do understand and agree with much of your frustration. The long-standing problems that fail to get addressed are BAD!

My statement about "play and enjoy" was really targeted at the current PvP event and not about the game in general. I should have been more clear.

I'm still not convinced that no pvp would fix the pve. It's too theoretical. I do believe that the two should use different stats though so changing one does not affect the other.

Glad your Brain is still intact! LOL!

:)
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm having a lot of fun

It is better than I expected
  • Options
    balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    When you see an OP with only one death after something like 30 matchs something is wrong about the balance.
    HR perma stun is just a big joke
    TR is good not extremly OP but still good.

All others classes are just crappy for domination.

I don't know wich pvp is the worst this one or the one in mod 3.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Thought I'd better chime in and say that I'm loving this event, the domination queues are popping like they used to in mod 2. Ie. Under a minute usually, and sometimes straight away. Got me some pirate pants already.

The event is not dominated by pvp guild premades whatever people might say, because there simply aren't enough of them. You'll run into one every now and again, and yes, unless you and your team are very well geared... you will get ganked, but that's the way it is.

Most time though you'll get a group like your own, a mix of newbie pve guys, a few decently geared guys, maybe one near bis soloqueuer pvp head like me.

And you'll have fun. Maybe you'll mess up, hit the wrong guy, walk into a smokebomb, general slapstick, but maybe you'll rule too.

Oops, Qpop, gotta go.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    balorin wrote: »
    When you see an OP with only one death after something like 30 matchs something is wrong about the balance.

This too will pass
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    PvP is only a way to gear up in this game, we all know that Gear is > skill in this game and that is the fact of it. The PvP burning sets are a sought after item, I think easier to get solo doing this event than actually trying to get Alliance sets and running back to back dungeons with PUGs that kick you before getting to main boss.

I would run with this even if you make AFK teams (Again who cares, as PvP is a after thought in this game.).

I'll run until I get a lot of my pieces and figure at 6 or 12 tokens, I'll run this about a few thousand times, hopefully in 6 days.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    urlord283 wrote: »
    This too will pass

I don't beleive this for one minute, they haven't changed anything about how the Rogues work, I don't think they are thinking about Paladins either. This class is one of those that will always be in a great place.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    As it is, the event is pointless. It's just another gigantic premade roflstomp against PuG players. Just another way of hording all the benefit to the premades at the expense of PuG players lured by the prospect of prizes.

Get the fek rid of team queues in the event -- because your matching/ranking system SUCKS, devs.

IF YOU'RE GONNA PUT IN PRIZES, THEN IT'S GOTTA BE EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF. RANDOM TEAMS. NO ****ING TEAM QUEUEING
  • Options
    nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Queue Mechanics = <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
    Matchmaking = <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
    Event is based on matchmaking and queue mechanics
    Event = <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    As long as there is no real matchmaking system based on the IL (including boons...) of players, i'm not going into PvP, since i won't play the punching bag for max. or way beyond me geared players.
    And it doesn't matter to me how epic and great the rewards are, but it's fine to me, if others want to walk right into the meat grinder for some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> reward, while others reap the max. reward without putting any real effort into it.
    Not to forget all the broken bells and whistles all around us ingame...

Anyway, i have no problem with PvP events, to each it's own, and as long as the next PvE event will provide us with the same (quality level) rewards - enjoy your PvP event.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    gomok72 wrote: »
    I don't beleive this for one minute, they haven't changed anything about how the Rogues work, I don't think they are thinking about Paladins either. This class is one of those that will always be in a great place.

Hi mate!

Yes, especially since this era is about forcing nearly everybody to abandon their old main(s) and build a Pali, cause they are so wanted now.

Those, who are here longer, know that Cryptic uses a rotation system, with each Mod 1 or 2 class(es) are favored and many abandoned, so that players feel the force to change and spend again.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    d3vi4nt4rtd3vi4nt4rt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Another problem is, still many, who never cared for PVP, without any proper gear or at least a few elementally needed enchants come and take part in hope of the rewards. This does good for advertising PVP more to the crowds, but also makes a party composition a bit more watery and if one is on that side a loss is imminent.

Good for advertising PVP, you say? Actually it scares me to even *attempt* to join.
    Especially when you don't PVP usually and you read comments like that:
    benskix2 wrote: »
    This seems to have attracted a bunch of players who have never heard of tenacity and don't know what the red and blue circles on their screen are for into PVP, so good job with that.
    onigerko wrote: »
    and omigod so many people that think their class is played the same in PvP as PvE.
    I literally had two enemy CWs that ran Tabbed Conduit, Steal Time, Icy Terrain. So much cringe.

I am reading that is a random team queue; of course I will never embarrass myself by joining a team that will lose their match because of me.

I am too n o o b and I read the red and blue circles as in pve, and probably I'd tab my CoI so no, not a good way to advertising PVP at all.

Actually it's quite the opposite, like I will *never* PVP if this is the general feeling.
  • Options
    name0rngname0rng Member Posts: 52
    edited June 2015
    As it is, the event is pointless. It's just another gigantic premade roflstomp against PuG players. Just another way of hording all the benefit to the premades at the expense of PuG players lured by the prospect of prizes.

Get the fek rid of team queues in the event -- because your matching/ranking system SUCKS, devs.

IF YOU'RE GONNA PUT IN PRIZES, THEN IT'S GOTTA BE EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF. RANDOM TEAMS. NO ****ING TEAM QUEUEING

Not true
    Event is fun
    As pug player also
    from time to time u get those premade bis that try to even use cheats ( will not write them down here ) - this is the no fun part
    But thank god is only like 1 out of 6-10 matches

P.s - before u get class questioning and how this relate to fun , I played as DC , op, gf , gwf, tr and cw :)
  • Options
    neverwinterdevilneverwinterdevil Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    anyone knows how we're going to be judged at the end of the event ?? by which classes are on top on the first page or by kill deaths assists ?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Ok, all who know me by a time now from forums, know i except only 1 authority above me, that's called TRUTH.

In this manner, the event is a complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, epic fail.

Only those can find their joy in it, who are gathering their PVP gear now and well this is the only good part in it, but that could have been done by a 2X Glory event alone. Sadly this is the only positive i can come up with.

All other aspect s are just plain negative.

My 4 matches for the bonus from Rhix:

1. Premade team with 3 immortal DCs.

2. Match 1 leaver, 1 AFK.

3. Match GF uses the same exploit like the one Obsydian posted.

4. Match, i was dropped by q in an already lost match, which was under way by minutes.

Either i am very unlucky or matchmaking according to ranking is pretty broken or both.

I would really love events like this, but all too many bugs, exploits, broken classes. Current reward system favors only the top "leader board cleaners" as does everyday Dom. If the next round will be so uneven and unfair, i will personally don't give a dime about it.

P.S.: Once again, many of us told the Devs, some of us in PM too, that in current form this event is the most unfair and most broken thing, they could come up with, but no, they listened to some ... and here you go, full of ...

Update:

1 match lost cause disconnection and by the time i could get in 30 min penalty.

I would really be interested to see this match making system, cause i get paired Mod5 T1 geared people as teammates and have to face BiS people with them, imminent loss.

This brings me once again to say, we need a forfeit option. Spending 10-15 mins of our life if it's already lost, utterly useless.

Now according this leader board (how i love this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>) i am utterly bad, while my ranking outside the event is pretty decent. Not that i care too much, cause leader board was always heavily "polished" in PVP, just my 2 cents.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've seen a good deal of players whom never really PvP'd starting to do so... Now the event isn't perfect, but it's a solid start to enticing people to enjoy PvP. I've played a number of matches. In these I've been rolled and also rolled others, but about 50% of my matches have been competitive and fun. :)

Mind you I am exclusively solo-queuing so that's where my perspective comes from. :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    he was not a leaver, he disconnected)))
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    vinceent1 wrote: »
    he was not a leaver, he disconnected)))

Ha ha yeah:)
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• Options
    edited June 2015
    As day progressed, following team compositions:

1. BiS EoA and Chocolatte Shop premades

2. Premade with 2 GF, 1 Pali, 2 CW

This event is broken to it's core. Most people i played with were PUGs and nearly all complained, we stood most of the time at campfire.

Out of 10 matches there was only 2 with non premades...Matchmaking is utterly broken.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I played about 35 matches over the weekend, all solo queues, I have only came across 1 premade team... and it was guys from my guild :D
    I dont know if it was just luck? but I dont see much premades in yesterday's fights, personally. :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    So far things have went okay, except with the immortal Paladins. It seems like the more people who queue, the better the match-up is. I still want a tier system though, because this won't continue for long.

Yeah Palis are now a pain in the neck in PVP, especially the well geared ones.

LOL did my last run for today, 2 Palis were just standing in the middle and chatted, while we were desperately trying to kill them.

If Devs listen to my humble advise, no next round until at least the brackets and premades are solved. Sure there is some more to do- oh boy, many things-, but first things first, please do the above mentioned 2 things or this event will lose all it's value- in long term.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke