test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CW Stuns dont work 90% of times

doidlokodoidloko Member Posts: 104 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PvP Discussion
I made this video now, on event.
I m here, i want to know, why the stuns of cw dont work on tr for example.
When this will work? or we go die ever for trs?

Stuns dont work, when work its for 1s, all builds of tr kill easy any cw.

What we can make? high deflection, and stuns dont work
And now nerfed the spell storm.

Take a look at video and, devs, when go fix this? trs are the best class of game, i want pvp too with my cw.

Event PVP + Nerf CW = All tr are happy now.

I go make more videos, note on video my stuns dont work, when work is 1s -
Post edited by doidloko on

Comments

• Options
    damnwidgetdamnwidget Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Dunno, but I have a bag of candies
  • Options
    packrat0packrat0 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This was... very poorly played.

You got in a good number of stuns, but didn't take full advantage of them because you just blindly blasted through your encounters without thinking of setups.

Stop asking for nerfs with videos of you playing badly; it's super dishonest.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I have much stuns and dont work, and no demage you dont see the video lol? o.O
    DONT WORK, any stun on TR.

I m using valindra set with 15% control bonus + valindra fragment + bonus control on my aircrafts hand + orb of imposition skill
    full control and dont work wtf
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    CW stuns don't work 100% of the time when you cast them on a TR that just popped ITC...
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    my stuns on TR doesn´t work also most of the time, nor hadar grasp, nor Harrow storm (broken atm since last patches), nor Wraith Shadow (tahts the only one taht succeeds sometimes)
    its deflect and 4xdodges+ ITC
    tbh it is not that easy to time it exactly having two cc´s facing a class that is 95% invisible and the rest of time cc resistant
    when ITC procs he breaks free, so one encounter wasted, and the other is about 90% deflected or dodged, so don´t be said its normal to struggle against this class
    TR will rule 1 vs 1 all time, in case he knows how to play the class, only option against this class are dots and some other encounter like Dread theft, i stopped trying to catch them 1 on 1, only works if he does not focus you and you "sneak" at him from the back :)
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Maybe you all could do something helpful for a change, instead of just telling people that they are terrible.

He went through the trouble of recording himself LOSING a battle and comes here asking for advice.

He's not even asking for a TR nerf. He's wondering why his CC is lacking. Which is a fair question.

Do you want to know one reason why the PVP community is dwindling? Because players who struggle with it, and come here asking for advice, just get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> thrown in their faces.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    benskix2 wrote: »
    CW stuns don't work 100% of the time when you cast them on a TR that just popped ITC...

In fairness, it is often hard to tell when a TR is in ITC, because a lot of TR's deliberately dye their gear black in order to take advantage of this, and also because a lot of people have their graphics settings set on minimum because of all the performance issues in places like Tiamat and IWD.

It would be nice if there was a clearer indication of when TR was in ITC.
  • Options
    jumboyetjumboyet Member Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    Maybe you all could do something helpful for a change, instead of just telling people that they are terrible.

He went through the trouble of recording himself LOSING a battle and comes here asking for advice.

He's not even asking for a TR nerf. He's wondering why his CC is lacking. Which is a fair question.

Do you want to know one reason why the PVP community is dwindling? Because players who struggle with it, and come here asking for advice, just get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> thrown in their faces.

Its pretty much a QQ about CW getting a nerf. Its not a "What did i do wrong thread".

Besides that, what you did wrong, is that you wasted all your encounters before you actually CC'd the target... I mean he was CC'd for a long time actually even, you froze him, but by the time you did that, you had nothing to follow up with because you wasted all your encounters while he was not frozen, CC'd etc. Also dude, switch out chill strike..
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015

The guy *is* though, constantly, all over the place, squawking about how he can't beat TRs, about how much CWs suck compared to TRs.

I can't recall if I've seen a nerf request per se, but the volume of complaining is tedious, and everyone gets sick of loudmouths and wants them to stow it and go away.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    jumboyet wrote: »
    Its pretty much a QQ about CW getting a nerf. Its not a "What did i do wrong thread".

Besides that, what you did wrong, is that you wasted all your encounters before you actually CC'd the target... I mean he was CC'd for a long time actually even, you froze him, but by the time you did that, you had nothing to follow up with because you wasted all your encounters while he was not frozen, CC'd etc. Also dude, switch out chill strike..

So what is a rotation that you suggest?

And what is wrong with Chill Strike? It is a high-damage single-target encounter and it adds chill, *plus* it momentarily stuns.
  • Options
    onigerkoonigerko Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So what is a rotation that you suggest?

And what is wrong with Chill Strike? It is a high-damage single-target encounter and it adds chill, *plus* it momentarily stuns.

because Icy Rays is better. Icy Rays is a HIGHER damage single-target encounter that adds chill and momentarily stuns (well immobile)

Not to mention if you want single target damage Disintegrate is god

Not to mention if this guy is controller specced, with Opressor.. well Icy Path woulda been nice
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    morenthar wrote: »
    Those darn TRs and their tricky dying of armors. ;) How about we just redesign ItC. I know some other TR'S get pissed at me insisting upon changing the power. Honestly, I don't know how they have fun playing with it. It wouldnt stop the *****ing about TR'S, but it would go a LONG way towards shutting people up. After that, the only real excuse is piercing damage. But you'll find those mean and tricksy TR'S aren't nearly as tough without it.

If ITC yielded something like a glowing outline over the character's image, instead of turning it black (that can be concealed), that would be nice.
  • Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Why it doesn't work 90% of the time, is simply because the OP used his CCs in the wrong manner and wrong timing 90% of the time.

Yes, a MI TR is extremely hard to pin down even when you do it right, but if its not a Sabo it will eventually get pinned down in the long run because the integrity of his ITC-stealth rotation eventually degrades enough to expose a vulnerable moment when all 3 defense mechanics -- stealth, SS, ITC -- are down.

At this point the TR has only his dodges left, and dodges are not impregnable. There's a delay time between each dodges which you can time your attacks to, and while this is also difficult (in my case I can land maybe one out of 3 attempts), if a CC lands at that weak moment the TR receives some serious damage... if the focus fire is intense enough, even go down without being able to escape.

Of course, if it's a Sabo, all of this is moot point. They don't have any openings unless they play sloppy... and even when they're playing sloppy it's still difficult to catch.
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    morenthar wrote: »
    Those darn TRs and their tricky dying of armors. ;) How about we just redesign ItC. I know some other TR'S get pissed at me insisting upon changing the power. Honestly, I don't know how they have fun playing with it. It wouldnt stop the *****ing about TR'S, but it would go a LONG way towards shutting people up. After that, the only real excuse is piercing damage. But you'll find those mean and tricksy TR'S aren't nearly as tough without it.

there is a huge difference between a paragon that focuses on melee and one that focuses on ranged dps. obviously, the melee paragon will have a better defensive ability.

also, as i actually play a non-perma build (which is a melee tank) i can guarantee you that the entire premise of being a deflect tank is useless without itc. why? because you can't really do anything in terms of damage, scoundrel daze feats have been nerfed to uselessness in pvp (still useful in pve but a cw does it better), anyone can just avoid your melee abilities to the point when you will do more damage using cloud of steel at-will (and at that point you might as well just be a sab and hit a whole lot harder).

i kid you not when i say that a sab can do anything the other paths can but better. if i was a sab, i can at least get a free encounter every 15 seconds, piercing damage, and being able to avoid being controlled to death by simply being invisible. it's why i keep telling people that nerfing itc will just make everyone undeniably give up on the non-sab builds.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    its impossible make a domination with negation transcenden.
    0 Demage.
    Only rich players will have good pvp, i make any demage 0, total 0

this game need make a new domination
    Players with Negation
    And players without

Its 90% of advantage with negation.
    1 player with negation only on team can make the team win
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    doidloko wrote: »
    its impossible make a domination with negation transcenden.
    0 Demage.
    Only rich players will have good pvp, i make any demage 0, total 0

this game need make a new domination
    Players with Negation
    And players without

Its 90% of advantage with negation.
    1 player with negation only on team can make the team win

Friend, let me first make it clear that I myself personally feel that NW is going in the wrong direction, that the developers and their bosses have succumbed to so much greed that they're moving more and more towards "splitting the belly of the goose that lays the golden eggs". The whole refinement/RP system is excessive, and at times even punitive, and it discourages people from making many alts and playing different builds and classes, expanding the experience, sharing it with others, because you are forced to settle for a weak, wimpy reality if you're not willing to pay the money for all those refinements needed in the game.

That being said, ultimately, whether you like it or not people take time and effort to be as best prepared as one can be, and in the end, it is those who prepare themselves thoroughly that are supposed to win. If you aren't as prepared as them, then I suggest it'd be wise to at least try and close down the gap as much as possible, before just sitting down and complaining about everything on why you can't win, because the answer is already known.

You can't win because you have neither the skill/experience, nor the gear/spec of those who win over you.

For the record, the most common misconception casual/PuG players have is that the "P2W guys only win because they have more gear". In other words, you could strip naked both parties and have them fight, and I guarantee you the "P2W" guys will win most of the time. In many cases, people who P2W, means that they care about winning or losing so much as to pay their own money for it, which means the average amount of fighting experience, practice, and techniques those "P2W" guys have, is already leaps and bounds above casual players.

The P2W-acquired gear and spec is usually aimed at others like themselves, in which they are essentially in an 'arms-race' against their rivals. Casual players are like collateral in this arms race, so don't get your hopes that if the P2W aspect is abolished that casual PuG players will be winning more, because nothing would essentially change except from the fact that the PuGs will now have one less excuse to use.
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    CW are just there to make up the numbers they were always extremely vulnerable when attacked on close range now they have no offensive ability left . So all opponents have a nice practice dummy when you play a CW in PVP
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    CW are just there to make up the numbers they were always extremely vulnerable when attacked on close range now they have no offensive ability left . So all opponents have a nice practice dummy when you play a CW in PVP

my impression from last days PVP, CW performs quite good, using his frost ray and icy terrain he has potential to perma frost some classes, and Icy terrain same kind of anyoing like smoke bomb, stepping on it , next tme you can move is at the homenode
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    What you expect, MIs are little princesses that have to get their way.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    macjae wrote: »
    At that point, if you can target him, if ITC is out and if he fails to dodge? He'll just deflect it most of the time, causing the cc duration to be nil and the damage to be at 15-25% of the full value. Even with impeccable timing against all the other defenses, TRs still have that; so you can play it perfectly and still have like a 60% chance of failure thanks to deflection.

This basicly. Against a BIS MI sabo, you are toast. If he uses WoE, you are toast faster.

They use a potion to boost deflect servity to +85%, so you will get up to 15% of the allready reduced CC duration on a deflected CC.

For a TR 1v1 fight I switch CC against conduit of ice and icy terrain. I use icy veins. You have to rotate, so he cant hit you from behind, hope to beak his stealth rotation with conduit and if he is frozen by your terrain or ray of frost, desintegrate him. This way you can catch a mediocre TR with his pants down and kill him.

If there is a way to win as a CW against a BIS MI/sabo, I dont know it.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    macjae wrote: »
    At that point, if you can target him, if ITC is out and if he fails to dodge? He'll just deflect it most of the time, causing the cc duration to be nil and the damage to be at 15-25% of the full value.

Actually he'll deflect around 1/3rd of the attempts, since after the new stat curves deflection chance is also diminished. With the same specifications you have around 10% more deflect chance at level 60, than you have when you reach lv70. Sabos don't put points into deflection stats, and the rest of the TR types have enough openings.

The thing is, people have a tendency to treat chance-based mechanics based upon the particular memory they have when it worked agains them, whilst they just forget all the other times that factor worked in favor. A suspicious example would be your take on the Terror-rooting. I've experienced some bad cases of Terror used against me that led to my death, but in my case I don't really feel that its proccing more than it should.

Even with impeccable timing against all the other defenses, TRs still have that; so you can play it perfectly and still have like a 60% chance of failure thanks to deflection.

Which doesn't sound anything abnormal to me considering the general characteristics of stealth-based classes in these types of games. In the long run such a slippery class still gets caught. The problem is that it never goes to the long rung because the damage output from Sabo builds just knocks you within a few rotations -- hence, arriving at the conclusion that SO, as well as similar passive proc damage mechanics, should be removed or seriously revised.

Another thing, which I've been trying to communicate to the PvP community, is that even when you catch the TR through its gaping weak moment, the effect doesn't last so long. I've already mentioned that CCs like EF lasts like 1.5~2.0 seconds with the current majority CW builds, whereas a build like mine lasts around 4.5~5.0 -- which then can be chained to other CCs maximizing the time the TR spends under control, thus giving friendlies to dispatch of him or add in CCs of their own. This is another reason why I seriously advocate CWs should be considering CC builds instead of DPS builds.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    asterotg wrote: »
    This basicly. Against a BIS MI sabo, you are toast. If he uses WoE, you are toast faster.

They use a potion to boost deflect servity to +85%, so you will get up to 15% of the allready reduced CC duration on a deflected CC.

For a TR 1v1 fight I switch CC against conduit of ice and icy terrain. I use icy veins. You have to rotate, so he cant hit you from behind, hope to beak his stealth rotation with conduit and if he is frozen by your terrain or ray of frost, desintegrate him. This way you can catch a mediocre TR with his pants down and kill him.

If there is a way to win as a CW against a BIS MI/sabo, I dont know it.

There is no "85% deflect" since mod6. Even in mod5 the 60% base deflection builds were close to gimmicky builds with pathetic amounts of HP that was deemed unsuitable for PvP purposes. My own deflect-heavy build which has increased stats when compared to mod5, currently has 10% less deflection than I used to tote around in mod5 due to the new stat curves, as well as it requires a very specific build that pulls off stat points from all the damage-related ones and forces you to go DEX-CHA at the expense of CON.

Like said most BiS Sabo players don't usually care about deflection, as well as some of the most powerful TR players I have spoken to themselves regard deflection as overrated, and thus do not invest in it. Typically you see a well-geared Sabo and they are in the 30~40% range.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    There is no "85% deflect" since mod6. Even in mod5 the 60% base deflection builds were close to gimmicky builds with pathetic amounts of HP that was deemed unsuitable for PvP purposes. My own deflect-heavy build which has increased stats when compared to mod5, currently has 10% less deflection than I used to tote around in mod5 due to the new stat curves, as well as it requires a very specific build that pulls off stat points from all the damage-related ones and forces you to go DEX-CHA at the expense of CON.

Like said most BiS Sabo players don't usually care about deflection, as well as some of the most powerful TR players I have spoken to themselves regard deflection as overrated, and thus do not invest in it. Typically you see a well-geared Sabo and they are in the 30~40% range.

I did not say +85% deflect chance, but servity. IF he deflects, the CC has a reduced time.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I did not say +85% deflect chance, but servity. IF he deflects, the CC has a reduced time.

My mistake then, thx for the correction, though the point stands. On average roughly 6~7 out of 10 attacks will land. I'm actually queuing my resources up to try and see how much the -35% deflection chance might work out with T.Frost enchantment as well.
  • Options
    obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Hey, but it was close, ask Baldek he had 75% deflection chance :)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Hey, but it was close, ask Baldek he had 75% deflection chance :)

In mod5, yes, when you go max possible DEX+CHA with a Halfling MI Scoundrel, all the deflect related features and boons and feats, and then rack up a huge BiS level amount of gear to bring up the teeney tiney HP to at least combat standards.

Not so sure in mod6. Probably can get it up to around 60% or maybe little more... if you're inclined to just dump everything to deflect.