test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

IWD's HEs nerf isn't that that bad

shieragoshierago Member Posts: 52 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
big encounters like beholder and chilltooth invasion still give a few aquamarines and sapphires, while the regular ones give peridots. You asked for a fix and you got it, the mindless zerg is hopefully gone and you can team up to do harder encounters. If you can't do the harder ones it means you probably weren't doing much in regular ones either. Grow up.
Post edited by shierago on

Comments

• Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I very much doubt there was clear consensus on that. No one did the big ones because they took too long. Not because they were hard.
  • Options
    shieragoshierago Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    But 3 aquamarines +Saphire seems like enough RP to make a run worth it, way more than the mindless zerg. I would even say it's a fine pve practice.
  • Options
    zephyrpillar1zephyrpillar1 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I very much doubt there was clear consensus on that. No one did the big ones because they took too long. Not because they were hard.

exactly, reward for time invested isn't worth the effort
  • Options
    inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I didn't ask for a fix, loved the zerg. Was like an invasion of the huns.
  • Options
    manzillaprimemanzillaprime Member Posts: 49
    edited June 2015
    shierago wrote: »
    big encounters like beholder and chilltooth invasion still give a few aquamarines and sapphires, while the regular ones give peridots. You asked for a fix and you got it, the mindless zerg is hopefully gone and you can team up to do harder encounters. If you can't do the harder ones it means you probably weren't doing much in regular ones either. Grow up.

Clueless. The big ones take too long, that is why they weren't being done. The mid-size HE's were likewise very inefficient already, and now, with the rewards nerfed, it won't be worth it still. These sporadic larger HE's will never generate enough RP for players to make them worth doing for the long haul to level artifacts. IWD will be a ghost town again
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    O... please.

Any random group can do them, it was simply because rewards were lacking in them (and still are)

If you did a random zerg group , you can do 12 minor 1s before finishing a major he (for the most part)

So if you get 1 saphire + 2 aquas.. or

12 x 5 peridots = 6000.00

2500+1500+1500= 5500.00

You end up loosing about 500 rps even at the ridiculous nerf rate. Major hes were never rewarded enough RP value to them and should be a black opal drop + two saphires , to be WORTH more then the minors to accomplish. If they want people to run them, they need to be rewarding and they never were and still are slightly worse!

In addition, go add the RP you need, and / by what you get.

To get 4 items to legendary will now cost you approx over 300 hours of grind time. Why or Who finds that acceptable, is beyond me. No other game I know would require that grind time to progress.

Sadly, people will defend the company no matter what.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    If you did a random zerg group , you can do 12 minor 1s before finishing a major he (for the most part)

So if you get 1 saphire + 2 aquas.. or

12 x 5 peridots = 6000.00

2500+1500+1500= 5500.00

You end up loosing about 500 rps even at the ridiculous nerf rate. Major hes were never rewarded enough RP value to them and should be a black opal drop + two saphires , to be WORTH more then the minors to accomplish. If they want people to run them, they need to be rewarding and they never were and still are slightly worse!

In addition, go add the RP you need, and / by what you get.

To get 4 items to legendary will now cost you approx over 300 hours of grind time. Why or Who finds that acceptable, is beyond me. No other game I know would require that grind time to progress.

Sadly, people will defend the company no matter what.

Yep. That nerf stinks badly. More and more the game seems to be focused on becoming a one-character game. Having more than one is just too remanding with the RP required . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    eyceaethereyceaether Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They never intended for everyone to get to Legendary/Mythic! They're supposed to be rare status symbols that you get by playing for a long time or being a whale...
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    But 3 aquamarines +Saphire seems like enough RP to make a run worth it, way more than the mindless zerg. I would even say it's a fine pve practice.
    Rubbish and nonsense. In the time it takes to run a Major I could make significantly more RP running with the zerg on the smaller HE's. As a Pally I found Totem of Auril particularly efficient as I could guarantee a Great Success regardless of the size of the zerg.

This is a MAJOR nerf for the vast majority of the playerbase, pure and simple.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    eyceaether wrote: »
    They never intended for everyone to get to Legendary/Mythic! They're supposed to be rare status symbols that you get by playing for a long time or being a whale...
    Which would be fine if there was anything else worthwhile doing. But there isn't. The ONLY activity that provides any reward in this game is grinding RP. And they just nerfed it HARD.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    eyceaethereyceaether Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So you're saying that this makes sense:

1. Cryptic doesn't intend for people to get legendary/mythic gear without playing for a long time OR buying RP from them, so they can make money from those who don't want to wait.
    2. People continuously look for ways to get around that.
    3. Botters notice this and decide to abuse whatever they can so they can make money off of Cryptics game without paying anything.
    4. People support those botters with money.
    5. Cryptic notices, nerfs the things botters were doing to make money.
    6. People complain that Cryptic expects people to grind too much.
    7. Cryptic adds more sources of RP.
    8. People are happy because they get SO much RP from the change Cryptic made.
    9. Cryptic backtracks and lowers the amount of RP the content they changed provided.
    10. People cry foul not because Cryptic took away alternative sources of RP, but because they lowered the RP given from those sources because they felt people were getting RP too fast.

There are only 2 things I fault Cryptic for. One is not understanding they have a sizable majority of power gamers who will abuse anything they put in the game; What they should have done was put in sets of daily missions for the HEs.

The other is for not having anything else for people to do except farm RP. Maybe Strongholds will address that issue.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It is a totally slap to the faces for the not geared. A white pearl without a Great Success means they won't stay there long. For the ones who get Great Success every time, a peridot only is pretty pathetic actually. I guess soon people the crowd will go back to Dragon Heralds and the complaints will come again.

It doesn't matter what the bigger HEs give. As it stands now, the reward is still very crappy because the chance of success is really low.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So you're saying that this makes sense:

1. Cryptic doesn't intend for people to get legendary/mythic gear without playing for a long time OR buying RP from them, so they can make money from those who don't want to wait.
    2. People continuously look for ways to get around that.
    3. Botters notice this and decide to abuse whatever they can so they can make money off of Cryptics game without paying anything.
    4. People support those botters with money.
    5. Cryptic notices, nerfs the things botters were doing to make money.
    6. People complain that Cryptic expects people to grind too much.
    7. Cryptic adds more sources of RP.
    8. People are happy because they get SO much RP from the change Cryptic made.
    9. Cryptic backtracks and lowers the amount of RP the content they changed provided.
    10. People cry foul not because Cryptic took away alternative sources of RP, but because they lowered the RP given from those sources because they felt people were getting RP too fast.

There are only 2 things I fault Cryptic for. One is not understanding they have a sizable majority of power gamers who will abuse anything they put in the game; What they should have done was put in sets of daily missions for the HEs.

The other is for not having anything else for people to do except farm RP. Maybe Strongholds will address that issue.

Not really. The rate wasn't too fast if your realize how much RP it takes to rank up an artifact item to a decent level. The bots don't care if the drop rate is reduced. They will still bot. The real human players are the ones hurt by this.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's easy to get great success in an epic heroic encounter.
    dps,heal, or tank.
    If you cant heal and your dps is low, then make sure you take plenty of damage.

The normal heroic encounters are not easy to get great success because you must be early due to short HE duration.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    sangrine wrote: »
    It's easy to get great success in an epic heroic encounter.
    dps,heal, or tank.
    If you cant heal and your dps is low, then make sure you take plenty of damage.

The normal heroic encounters are not easy to get great success because you must be early due to short HE duration.

Even the geared, non-tanked ones got 1 hit in an epic HE, forget about the ones wearing blue gear. The Average Joes have no reason to be in the IWD HEs now as they can get much better RP, up to a Greater Resonance Stone, without a Great Success.

IWD will be a ghost town again soon.
  • Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    healary wrote: »
    Even the geared, non-tanked ones got 1 hit in an epic HE, forget about the ones wearing blue gear.

Undergeared players should stand near a healer/protector if they need more survival.
    Not all blue gear is bad. You just need gear with plenty of HP to increase survival.
    I just did Beholder with a HR in blue gear. I inspected him because he has one of those new +140% mounts.
    Was shocked to see almost all his gear is blue. one artifact (purple). no defense enchantment. only 65k HP.
    yet he plays HR very well, better than many HR's.
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I did not think it was so bad either
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Undergeared players should stand near a healer/protector if they need more survival.
    Not all blue gear is bad. You just need gear with plenty of HP to increase survival.
    I just did Beholder with a HR in blue gear. I inspected him because he has one of those new +140% mounts.
    Was shocked to see almost all his gear is blue. one artifact (purple). no defense enchantment. only 65k HP.
    yet he plays HR very well, better than many HR's.

But they don't get Great Success and the better loot anyway. Why don't they spend their time on Dragon Heralds and get Greater Resonance Stones and Greater Belts without Great Success. Dragon Herald runs are almost always successful but hardly in the case of IWD epic HEs.
  • Options
    discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited June 2015

That is simply not true.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2015

They don't expect people to play for a long time anymore, they've made that obvious. It's a status symbol for being a whale, in their opinion.

They spend as much time nerfing things as fixing things they broke. The one thing about the IWD HE prizes was that it was the one truly NICE thing they did since April's Mod 6. Anything you may think they did for you was simply repair.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That is not to say Mod 6 was a truly nice thing....
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It really isn't that bad. at 25 leadership you get 3x tasks for resonance stones.

At worst you get 1.5k rp per character

the reality is probably more like 3k per character

And that's just for a single task, there's more than that...
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This statement holds the best truth. Especially bout the point of "They never intended for everyone to get to Legendary/Mythic!" And I can bet you, all you non-wallet warrior types who have managed to get even close to achieving that "status symbol" with your artifact gear, will be again disappointed when cryptic launches the next NEW higher tier/rank, that will make all your hard-earned work obsolete.

My Legendary DC sigil is still kicking

My perfect enchants and rank 10s got no nerf (cept my barkshield LOL)

Just invest in the right place tbh :cool: if you invest in artifact gear before enchants you know you're gunna lose the train... It only costs less than 1 mil AD for a full jewelcrafting set
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Fail troll is fail.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    There be whale talk in this thread, *shouts* "angrysprite, where art thou?"
  • Options
    neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I remember there were many outcries because of the lag producing zerg swarms because of too good rewards for HEs.

I find it amusing, how this fact seems to get ignored completely and again it is ONLY the fault of Cryptic who just wants to make players miserable. ^^
  • Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    denvald wrote: »
    My Legendary DC sigil is still kicking

My perfect enchants and rank 10s got no nerf (cept my barkshield LOL)

Just invest in the right place tbh :cool: if you invest in artifact gear before enchants you know you're gunna lose the train... It only costs less than 1 mil AD for a full jewelcrafting set

Are you freaking kidding me?
    Your perfect ench... your rank 10s?
    People need tons of time to get something like that.
    Older players who are here, like you are, have things like that.
    The new players and average players do not. Unless they buy it with zen.

The little ones can't even get rank 8's cos they dont have 500k to get a freaking ward. I know , cos they ask me.
    They get to 70 all happy and innocent. And then bam, they need 2.5k to do freaking eLOL, cant do their campg. can't do pretty much anything until they get gear'd up a bit.
    From where will they pull 1 m AD? Or 5ook AD ? From dragon runs? Elol? ..
    this is just silly..
    OH BTW how much do you need to spend to get a full jewelcrafting set ?
    Even better question is, how many purples assets are you using?
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg