What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CWs new role in PvP

Comments

• Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Rage against that cw machine. And I don't have to make up stories you've told often enough mr. companion.
    Being boring already? Oh well
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You understand that domination means contesting nodes right?

And for the other bowing out so fast is sad. No more funny puns?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    And for the other bowing out so fast is sad. No more funny puns?
    No, I achieved my goal here already. You got nerfed, you can do nothing against that and noone on the forums likes your class like you thought would. Q.Q

Inb4 maintenance and patch notes though.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    We'll just get buffed again, that's the way it works. Try not to burst a blood vessel when it happens companion. We all know its the only class that matters so it probably won't take too long.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    We'll just get buffed again, that's the way it works. Try not to burst a blood vessel when it happens companion.
    I'm pretty sure I'll have enough farmed CWs by the moment that happens lol After all, they need to force that huge database to jump of their nerfed CW mains and spend money on a newly rolled class.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Good luck sw is still going to suck
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Good luck sw is still going to suck
    At least I am not a CW Q.Q
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    You're just phobic about a videogame class, much better
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    You're just phobic about a videogame class, much better
    You care so much for a videogame class, that's nice too

Oh and that
    What's unclear smallbrain?
    nuff said.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    We'll just get buffed again, that's the way it works. Try not to burst a blood vessel when it happens companion. We all know its the only class that matters so it probably won't take too long.

Sadly I cannot argue with this because we all know every dev mains a CW (or would if they actually played NW :p) so a overpowered buff is inevitable. Just as sad to see this attitude, though, as if it were a given...
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    lirithiel wrote: »
    Sadly I cannot argue with this because we all know every dev mains a CW (or would if they actually played NW :p) so a overpowered buff is inevitable. Just as sad to see this attitude, though, as if it were a given...
    PWE monetizing > devs wishes. The geared CW data base grows too big - "Oh wait, let's make them all useless so they roll another class and spend more cash". They took that course recently :)
  • Options
    rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    You care so much for a videogame class, that's nice too

Oh and that

nuff said.
    you seem to be mature please end this its getting annoying. its kinda childish and pretty soon its gonna be nothing but name calling and insults. im asking the other guy to end it also. but you see to be the one who would actually do it. whoever wants to be mature step up and please just agree to disagree.
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Mod 4 TR, enjoy
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    you seem to be mature please end this its getting annoying. its kinda childish and pretty soon its gonna be nothing but name calling and insults. im asking the other guy to end it also. but you see to be the one who would actually do it. whoever wants to be mature step up and please just agree to disagree.
    Well, I am pretty sure this won't be the last lame bickering here. Just maybe in more constructive form :P
    Mods will remove all of that anyhow.
  • Options
    lokahn11lokahn11 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well, I am pretty sure this won't be the last lame bickering here. Just maybe in more constructive form :P
    Mods will remove all of that anyhow.

Well that and Misery loves company! ; )

Gah I couldn't resist...
  • Options
    hogthogt Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    matiagronx wrote: »
    F
    CW role in PVP could/should have been a crucial support class which CONTROLS the battlefield, controls the enemy players so your teammates get a chance to hit them hard. In any case i hope PVP will eventually die cause it destroys the game from the very beginning.

1st - totally agree but only control cw will not do much solo on pve like rest(except healing dc)
    2sd-i hope you die:D
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    macjae said:

"There are short animation locks between each teleport that can be used to land attacks. CWs and DCs have much greater uptimes of vulnerability windows, though."

No.no ,no and no.If you attack while Cw is still on animation lock ,then it is also on IMMUNE time frame.This is the biggest mistake a burst class (GF/GWF) can make.Attack immediatelly after dodge.Hell no.Wait at least one sec before attacking or your attack get wasted .better safe than sorry ,don't attack but pretend to:Trick the Cw to dodge 3-4 times in a row.And then attack.
    Macjae you knew this 101% and yet you pretend that this is your weakness.Spreading information in a indirect way,that will help your class at pvp.LMAO.
    You are truly evil..:(

"HR permadaze is pretty much a bane to CWs and everyone else, yes."

GF SMs with Flourish on their rotation and crescendo ,can even the odds against HRs.Then it is a matter of who attacked foirst,and gear.I say HR 55% and GF 45%.But it is very close.Ofcourse a GF has to slot the pathetically slow and low damage Flourish.Which is stun duration is HALVED in pvp.

"And the third class which CWs could righteously have a grievance against at the moment is GF. GFs have mostly advantages over CWs: They can keep blocking for a very long time, so they choose when to engage, and CWs can't land anything until then. Bull Charge has a pretty fast animation, so it can be timed to take advantage of an inter-dodge vulnerability frame. If a CW attempts to get around the block, he has to be close, which makes him vulnerable to Bull Charge. And GFs have tremendous burst damage, so they can kill a CW very fast once they catch one in a cc chain (and GF cc chains can be quite extensive). Now, there are few GFs that can play the class to its potential. But against those that do, CWs stand little to no chance 1v1."

Your class always had a grievance and hate against GFs.Since mod2 i am around the antiGF sentiment among CWs is very strong.
    The reason is very simple.Gfs can block your cc ,and ruin your easy cheesy gameplay.That is why your class hates them and hunted them.
    Stalwart bulkwark nerf.
    Tenebrous nerf.
    FLS changed into stun.
    SoS ap gain nerf.
    Many Gf powers are halved in pvp cause of your (as class) endless whining and crying."tanks control us!!"Flourish ,Griffon's,FLS, and many others i cannot remember atm.
    Mod6 tenebrous new nerf.

A Gf that can keep blocking for a very long time he is a stamina based GF,and has at least one utility stamina regeneration encounter.(IW,ITF).Also has slotted Shield talent feat.Meaning that has Com Superiority out.(IV go ST and Trample the fallen,SMs Shiled T and Steel Defense)
    This GF does therefore very little damage.

Bull charge has an extremely short range;Against dodging toons (CW HRs) if the enemy does what to do (move near the limits of Bull range aprox 10 feet in game) Bull misses or locks up in an animation while enemy is out of reach=Vulnerable GF.
    I am waiting the day that Bull Charge made from a prone into a stun.I really do.All GFs will have fun :)

Tremendous burst damage.Lol.Coming from an auto proc zap zap storm spell class.two of our encounters=one storm spell proc.
    4 storm spell procs in 10-11 secs in pvp go figure.
    Gfs have mediocre burst damage inferior to GWF Sents.
    Your problem is not the Gf damage:But ITF and double marking stacking.But all of you are so clueless to figure it out.
    ****! :)

The truly burst Gfs have ITF slotted,Bull/FLS/Flourish and Anvil.These Gfs have therefore ectremely low mobility.They can shine in a premade where distinct roles are dedicated.But against a clever ranged DPS that will kite nad keep thier dinstance they are toast.
    Conclusion:Burst Gfs have damage but are low mobility squishy ,and low stamina GFs.Seems balanced in my book.

Cws own Gfs 90% of the time.But while Gfs are honest and brave and will admit when they defeat a CW...Cws are liars.
    They say that they lose even if they win 90% of the time.
    CWs are tankier than Gfs (fact) and have 4x the DPS and 5x the control.In adition they ignore 66% of CC tenacity.

I challenged the CWs in the past ,i will do it again now.Post a video where a BiS Cw loses to a BiS GF.
    or a geared Cw to a geared GF.
    Nada.Zil.Zip it :) Silence.....

These....
  • Options
    onigerkoonigerko Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I wouldnt mind the damage nerf if our CC was any good in PvP.

Yet tenacity, CC reflect and all that fun stuff mean that our CC barely sticks yet HR can permadaze. Now our damage took a (it seems like) big hit.

Well we will see how it affects stuff.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    morenthar wrote: »
    I'm thinking this "nerf" is actually going to force the best CWs to put on their testing hats.

Also, I don't exactly think this is a "nerf." Stormspell was the most overpowered thing in the game. The only problem I have with the change is that it wasn't part of a comprehensive patch to address all damage issues across all classes AT THE SAME TIME. That includes the piercing damage of my own class.

The reason CWs shouldn't be complaining THAT much is that their shield hasn't been touched. It's the second most overpowered thing in the game. Now if you change that you had better address ItC of MI TRs.

The power balance and "rock-paper-scissor" of PvP is so **** delicate that changing just one of these things can totally screw a class. Might be nice if the devs had a meeting, discussed balanced and diagrammed it out. Then create a patch that addresses all of them at once. Throw it on preview for a week. Honestly, you give some of us a patch like that and that's all the time we need. We'll tell you if it's balanced or not.

Wait so CWs had the FIRST and SECOND most overpowered skills in the game... and yet were middle of the road in PvP? Meanwhile there are things like Piercing Damage, Unkillable OP/DC/GFs, Massive damage on GFs (while being tanky), Permasteath Rogues, Permadaze HRs... Yet stormspell and Shield are the TWO MOST OVERPOWERED THINGS... Okay then buddy -pats-
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    metalldjt wrote: »
    this is what CW people think that happend with them
    https://youtu.be/CugqEZKbMR0

I thought I was going to see someone being run over by a truck, but that flip certainly looked awesome. Is that a good or a bad thing? :p
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    vordayn wrote: »
    I thought I was going to see someone being run over by a truck, but that flip certainly looked awesome. Is that a good or a bad thing? :p
    I think he means, at first in the mid air that truck looked so screwed but then it landed just fine and classy. To rephrase for NW, CW got spellstorm nerfed but thinking they will get over that just like that truck.

Or maybe Lancer's just being a troll throwing in random videos in here. :P
  • Options
    lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    onigerko wrote: »
    I wouldnt mind the damage nerf if our CC was any good in PvP.

Yet tenacity, CC reflect and all that fun stuff mean that our CC barely sticks yet HR can permadaze. Now our damage took a (it seems like) big hit.

Well we will see how it affects stuff.

Everyone keeps complaining that CW CC doesn't work, and this is ludicrous. CWs have been locking down full tenacity geared DC players since mod 3. Just because you can't lockdown the 2 classes with CC breaks (TR and GWF) and that CC doesn't work facing a GF's shield, it does not mean he CC is bad. You can even lockdown HRs except every HR knows to target the CW controlling them and to use Disruptive Shot (almost no activation time) at the earliest window of opportunity.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I think he means, at first in the mid air that truck looked so screwed but then it landed just fine and classy. To rephrase for NW, CW got spellstorm nerfed but thinking they will get over that just like that truck.

Or maybe Lancer's just being a troll throwing in random videos in here. :P

Well it sounds like Stormspell is .5 ICD per target per spell, so yeah it wont be as big of a nerf as people think (if thats true, havent tested).

If it is as bad as people think then its a preeeettyyy big damage loss, with no good CC buffs. I wouldnt mind doing very little if like ive said our CC actually worked well in PvP. (It dosent, unless the people we are playing against are badly geared or stupid)