test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is goiing on?

cyberranger71cyberranger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
There is still so much wrong with Neverwinter since the last Mod Ele-Mental Evil.

My list.

You made the Palidians the only playible character to solo. It's like you guys are trying to force us to play the newest class to make more money out of us. I have put in over 2000 Dalors in this game form beta as a founding member how much more are you going to squeeze out of us to play a so called free to play in which is a big lie cause you can not get far if you do not pay to be a bad @ss. Then you change it so much everything we paid a lot for and worked for the very hard way was useless now.

I can not get into areas like Ghost Stores or the Mithilal Mines without having to get an invite most the time and the end chest gives us nothing at the end. Why have you guys not fixed simple little things that would keep us playing more. I gone form buying Zen all the time to once a month now when I only really need some thing. Lockboxes I never buy keys for anymore as they are just not worth it now to me.

This was a very great well balanced out game... number one for over a year now and it is now number two and lossing people all the time.

In Icewindale no one does the very hard stuff and only exploits the easy and now you are taking that away. Icewindale needs big fixes to be more playible as it was. The new Black Ice armor was nice but it looks very much sucks now where before it looked very cool I made and is uselles mow not upgradivble but there is no upgrade for the Shield on my Paladian I can make. No Black Ice weapons now either to get and upgrade. They should be and I would like them to be Artifacts you can level up as well as the other Black Ice gear to.

Artifact gear is the best thing to happen in this game yet you guys are not fully making everything after 70 level artifate gear you want to get. The Dragon areas and tasks are broken still in many things to. Ele-Mental Evil just needs replaced with some thing better smarter and Strongholds is to little to late should of been in the game long ago.

This game needs a major restart over hall done right back to making us want to love it not hate it again. You split your resorces stipidly for a Xbox version that will fail when the PC will always be a better place for MMORPG gaming. And rushed E.E. to fast not testing it like you used to as much. Quit treating us like cash crows and really make a game worth paying to play like it should be. :P
Post edited by cyberranger71 on

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I can solo content at least up to Dread Ring with any class. IWD/WoD survivability drops off for some, in some cases quite dramatically. For the record, it's not because of my awesome gear... haven't set foot in a new dungeon yet.

Your problem with Ghost Stories/Mithril Mine is that you pick these up in PE (like always!) but can (and will) now be overlevelled for the markers to remind you to do it. And if you forgot, the door is closed without a group, and even with a group, you get no chest because you didn't have the quest... but completing it in a group means Common Cause resolves so you can't get the actual lair quest. Same issues there always were with the structure since ToD launched, with the added frustration of overlevelling the reminder.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    > I have put in over 2000 Dalors in this game form beta as a founding member

Where's the Hero of the North forum badge?

The game is no longer an easy romp. It was a sad day when a team of 3xCW took down Draco legitimately (no cheats), and many players could solo most content. The changes seem to be good for the long-term benefit of the game, though of course there are mis-steps along the way.

For the first time in quite a while, I'm hopeful for the future of the game.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's easy going for OP, and you don't have to spend a single $ to play the campaign areas with it. All you have to do is level your OP to 60, collect the gear from the Minsc quests, and then you can jump right into the action in Dread Ring or Sharandar. Even WoD is possible, not that easy as the rest, but possible.

With any other class, it all depends on a bit of good luck, how the wind is blowing at the moment, and of course how good your equipment is and the enchantments in it are... not to forget, when you have access to any broken stuff like artifact equipment sets and/or armor/weapon enchantments, the whole thing becomes trivial too.

I only spend real money for ZEN to get the first time buyer pack and an epic mount from the ZEN store, character slots, keys for lockboxes or anything else came straight from the AD to ZEN exchange.

I was hoping on being able to go into IWD, after i'm finished with Dread Ring and Sharandar with my OP, to gather RP for it and my other characters, to push the artifact weapons and belts/necklaces a bit forward - but looks like due to the whining from some people, that will not happen, since the IWD RP drop will be nerfed with this patch.

This change to the RP drop rate is not really understandable, since it was practically the only good change after module 6 this far.
    "We" have to wait and see how the new nerf turns out, but i don't have any high hopes for a reasonable change here anymore.

Bugs/exploits fixing should have a higher priority, then comming up with one nerf after the other, but it looks like it doesn't.
    The Devs want to push for module 7 and even 8 this year, but can't get the repairing of a lot of severe issues started.
    There is more then enough feedback and reports allready here in the forums, the players did their part, and all the Devs would have to do is start listening to it.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    What is going on?

Up to Sharandar and DR, all is going almost as usual - if and when you have ways of healing yourself in combat.

Once you enter Icewind Dale, the Well of Dragons, an epic Dungeon, or Skirmish, mostly this is going on:

37_1josh_edelson___train_crash__zuma_.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I will agree long term the game as gotten better over time but it should never get that bad right off and make us wait so long. I am forced to not play my other long term characters I put so much time and money into. Only for Neverwinter to eat more time and money to get things I love I had on my other chasrcaters for a new OP class.

Seems like a move to just pick our pocket for more cash for a game that is near it's end life cycle. Microcrap pays them big bucks to ring us out of even more money forcing us to go over to XBOX that sucks big time and you have to start all over and buy everything again. It's just stupid and they get away with it cause we let them. It was bad enough how Wizards ringed money out of us for books now we got PC games doing it to.

I went to online games cause I got tired of it only to be so more by online FTP games. They come up with this new cooler mount to get us to buy chests again instead of selling one right out to you in the store. I spent 10X as much to get a cool mount for just braging rights tell the next comes out. They have some tressure trove that give us nothing but junk mostly they gave codes out for in the middle of the day no worning.

Nothing about it tell I take a nap after playing all morning into early after noon and give up and go to sleep cause it was to hot. Then I get up and on and learn I missed out of any chance of getting junk again probably anyways. If you want to shut us up quit doing stupid things. I used to love this game and now it just pisses me off almost as much as DDO did. Getting near EQ1 level at times with these never ending hardly fixes anything major quick fixes to just make us just happy enough to keep on playing. I even been thinking of going back to the old EQ 1 now I been so pissed off with PW and Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    How do I get the Hero of the North forum badge. I bought the pack and all the other expect the $200 one but I never reciever and never knew how to get the badge on here. :P
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    >[...]and many players could solo most content.[...]

My god, solo content in a video game? Those scoundrels! They probably even play for recreation purposes, filthy casuals.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I say we geather up all the Gobblins and Giants on all the severs and make a raid on Cyptic in protest. Give us Liberty or give us Death and our battle cry will be "REMEMBER WILFORD!!!". His death was not in vain. We shall burn all our bra's and cast out the dragons that eat up and horde all our hard earn Socail Sercirty money we sell for ZEN. We should let loose the dogs of hell and kick the King of Neverwinter in his @ss and to the curve and put OBOMA in his place. And call a Black Man King then replace him with a female as Queen of Neverwinter. What is next you say. How about we set free the poor little Mushroom people like the 16 bit days of old. Never as a Pumber worked so hard for so little. I can go on and on. LOL :P
  • Options
    yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This was a very great well balanced out game... number one for over a year now and it is now number two and lossing people all the time.
    :P

it was way way after being nr. 2. there are so many ahead of it.
  • Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    yokki1 wrote: »
    it was way way after being nr. 2. there are so many ahead of it.

What pains me is to see how internet is reacting to the changes in NW.
    If only they put some effort in checking not just our forum.
    But the other reviews of the last mod. They would see people saying not to bother with NW any more.
    The other forums are full of bad reviews.
    But keeping a blind eye is better then seeing it i guess.
    It is like they live in their own little world. And nothing else can get in.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I have put in over 2000 Dalors in this game form beta as a founding member
    Then you change it so much everything we paid a lot for and worked for the very hard way was useless now.

It has been explained everywhere that unlike a subscribtion game, which tries its best to keep its subscribers, the f2p economic model needs that the players quit the game after a while. Yet Cryptic sure does apply this rule quite harshly. The founders, the heroes of the north, played a considerable part when and before the game was launched. Without them the game would never have come live at all.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    How do I get the Hero of the North forum badge. I bought the pack and all the other expect the $200 one but I never reciever and never knew how to get the badge on here. :P

Have you bought it via Steam?

Tough luck. Too much bitterness between ARC and Steam and unwillingness to port the title into the forum... ..."Shoulda bought it via ARC" is all you'll get from CS.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I can solo content at least up to Dread Ring with any class. IWD/WoD survivability drops off for some, in some cases quite dramatically. For the record, it's not because of my awesome gear... haven't set foot in a new dungeon yet.

Your problem with Ghost Stories/Mithril Mine is that you pick these up in PE (like always!) but can (and will) now be overlevelled for the markers to remind you to do it. And if you forgot, the door is closed without a group, and even with a group, you get no chest because you didn't have the quest... but completing it in a group means Common Cause resolves so you can't get the actual lair quest. Same issues there always were with the structure since ToD launched, with the added frustration of overlevelling the reminder.

I had never over-levelled the reminder until after EE. How did you come up with "over-levelling" as the reason for not getting a quest reminder? I assumed it was just one more of the many bugs.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The Devs need to get into the game with for example a fresh SW in its broken state, and then play through Dread Ring, Sharandar, WoD and IWD with regular rare equipment and some rank 5-7 enchantments in it.
    No broken artifact sets.
    No broken armor or weapon enchantments.
    And of course no Dev tools running in the background.
    That should be an equal eye-opener, like the Tiamat run hopefully was...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    People forget when mod 1 came out it wasn't immediately solo-able (for the casual players at least). We grouped for everything, not just for speed but also for survive-ability. Especially the mini-dungeons. The same progression happened for mod 2 and mod 3. However with the power creep (which as we know was just a money grab to get artifacts and companion bonuses) everything became solo-able. The game is back where i was requiring high strategy and coordination OR high gear levels for completion. Daily's mostly require teaming in the mini-dungeons and only for those who are not geared yet.

In the old days guildies and I would form parties and run through all the daily's together. It cut down the playing time of trying to form groups for the difficult content and allowed us to rush into combat without consideration for tactics. They have set up the game to be that way again... the down side is how many of our heroes have left. Many guilds are wilting or dead, pe is often a ghost town. Its not uncommon in zones outside of PE to spend 20 minutes and see almost 0 chatter in zone chat. Which is making the parting for quests more difficult than in needs to be.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Have you bought it via Steam?

Tough luck. Too much bitterness between ARC and Steam and unwillingness to port the title into the forum... ..."Shoulda bought it via ARC" is all you'll get from CS.

I can't imagine that's true. If you put in a ticket, along with screenshots the prove you bought the pack, and ask NICELY to have the title added to your account on the forum - the key here is BE NICE about it, I'm sure they'd do it for you. I've never had a problem with PWE's CS group, never and I've had some pretty interesting issues come up - a couple times they couldn't help me, but the reasons they couldn't were clear and I understood why, other times, they've been very generous in their responses. If you act like a 12 year old, they'll treat you like one. Simple as that.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Ok I finally found some thing I love now they did. Even there screw ups are pure genis but this is not one. The New NCL is one big great thanks for sticking with us and here play a good end game content like we been waiting for to for long. I kick @ss for all the hard work and never giving up on this game though I said I was going to. I been here as a Founding Member and I will stay tell the servers go down. The world could end and I be still be setting there right at my PC playing this game.

Thank to the genuses that put this game back on top worth playing and all the screw ups. I was angry cause I saw no fixes on the things I wanted but as usually they proved they know better then me what I want and need. I was just about to run out of things to do then they added this. If they do half as good at Strong holds this will make this game worth playing again. Give me something to earn not to easy but not to hard and never let up that makes money.

Not pissing off old players to get knew ones. The old ones are the ones telling others how great this game is. But there is some what of a mental game warfar going on cause everyone is making such a big deal they are getting free press and others have to see if they are right or not. Please do not forget us Founding members that play tested in Beta that stuck with this game no matter what we say about it like me to hate it. My Paladian kick @ss but I loved my Hunter Ranger and Scourge Warlock. Need the Druids and Were races or Vampires and Necomacers next. Or some sort of Undead race to play would be nice.

Not all undead are evil and some fight as Hero's to. I am looking forward most to Menzoberranzan and fighting along side of Drizzt and his Cat. I love the Drow race bad or good and the Underdark and we need specilized Rangers like Sea, Forst, Desert, City, or Underdark with there own speecial abilities. And were are the Aquitic races and underwater cities and places to fight and earn stuff to. So much as not been done everyone esle took for the penical and paper D&D and now it is time to do it right as it was and was much better.

I would like to see a more old school D&D going away for 4th and putting to adventure back into the game give us path quest choice that if you go one way you can go back and start over and do it another. So much they can do. They need to hire people like me with many great ideas. Not stiffle a great other wise could be a very great game. Put the love back into this game to us like they cliam it to be. :p