test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Blood Ruby and Professions Packs Sale!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2015 in News & Announcements
Lord Neverember has decided to have a Blood Ruby and Professions Packs sale! For a limited time, the Professions Asset Pack, Professions Booster Pack, Blood Ruby and Blood Ruby Pack are all discounted.

More information here: http://bit.ly/1KTruxa

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    grabmooregrabmoore Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Try 80 % discount or people will continue to farm peridots in Icewind Path.
    @grabmoore

Heroes of Darkness

Retired since 02/15
    My opinions are my own. Please do not judge my friends nor guild for my statements.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    grabmoore wrote: »
    Try 80 % discount or people will continue to farm peridots in Icewind Path.

XBox. Confused me too for a minute.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    grabmooregrabmoore Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    XBox. Confused me too for a minute.

Oh my bad. So X Bros, go ahead and buy your 31 blood ruby packs to get one artifact item to legendary ;)
    @grabmoore

Heroes of Darkness

Retired since 02/15
    My opinions are my own. Please do not judge my friends nor guild for my statements.
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    No, we won't pay more than 2:1 AD per refining point on Xbox either. The sale is a nice nod, but I'll continue to farm refining stones and unicorn/drake seals. Slow and steady (and free) wins the race.
  • Options
    lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    No, we won't pay more than 2:1 AD per refining point on Xbox either. The sale is a nice nod, but I'll continue to farm refining stones and unicorn/drake seals. Slow and steady (and free) wins the race.

N'ah... P2W can easily win a DPS race. LOL
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Well, then it's a good thing NW isn't a P2W game.
  • Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Kind of is. The gear is easy to get. It comes down to who has the higher ranked enchants, artifacts and artifact gear when it comes to equally skilled players. Of which can be bought using blood rubies. I'd say it's 30% play to win and 70% pay to win.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Perhaps from a PvP perspective, but in PvE (which is pretty much all I play) there is no "win", per se. Even still, since everything related to stats, abilities, gear, etc. can all be obtained from grinding, the game isn't really P2W in any respect. If anything, it's pay to hurry.
  • Options
    lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Perhaps from a PvP perspective, but in PvE (which is pretty much all I play) there is no "win", per se. Even still, since everything related to stats, abilities, gear, etc. can all be obtained from grinding, the game isn't really P2W in any respect. If anything, it's pay to hurry.

Obi-wan once thought as you do. You don't know the power of the inflated Gear Score! I must get my gear to Legendary! LOL
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Neverwinter is NOT pay-to-win. There is nothing than you can pay outright for that you can't obtain by grinding out for free (the packs don't count because they'll be in the zen store soon too). Let me repeat: NOTHING you can't get for free if you want to put in the time.

Neverwinter is not pay-to-win
    Neverwinter IS pay-not-to-grind-as-much

(with an emphasis on "as-much" because you STILL have to grind for many things no matter how much you pay)
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    kvet wrote: »
    Neverwinter is NOT pay-to-win. There is nothing than you can pay outright for that you can't obtain by grinding out for free (the packs don't count because they'll be in the zen store soon too). Let me repeat: NOTHING you can't get for free if you want to put in the time.

Neverwinter is not pay-to-win
    Neverwinter IS pay-not-to-grind-as-much

(with an emphasis on "as-much" because you STILL have to grind for many things no matter how much you pay)

Your naivety is breathtaking.