test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Relentless avenger(protection paladin) targeting needs a fix

burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Relentless avenger targeting needs a fix, its really annoying that its impossible to use for a protection paladin whenever there is somebody near the target. it says "*player_name* is not a valid target" it is probably caused by ability for devotion paladins to target allies, but that makes it a pain in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for protection. havent played devotion so i dont know how useful the skill is for them, but for protection it is really important as it provides some cc for engage to get other skills running and generates a ton of AP
Paladin Master Race
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    WAI: Devotion Paladins can use RA to target allies to knock mobs aways from them and grant a heal at the same time. Protection Paladins do get that option (the healing aspect) - they get buffed instead. So it makes sense that a Protection Paladin is not allowed to target another player (friendly/ally) with RA - only [hostile] targets.

I'm not saying this is the right way it should be approached: I agree that even Protection paladins should be able to target allies for the same reason as Devotion paladins: to clear the space around then, even if there is no heal that comes with it. But for now as it is it is what it is.
  • hallacatthallacatt Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2015
    I think you are missing the first poster's point. Rather than getting the "cant target so-and-so" message, it just shouldn't even register allies as a protection OP. In a melee its extremely difficult to have an unobstructed line of sight to a target at any given time so to get around having the ability give you the error message instead of going off you have to hammer your relentless avenger keybind while strafing or jumping to the side to find an opening directly to your target past allies.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    yeah thats what i meant - it shouldnt even consider allies as target. it should work like about any other offensive skill and lock to closest possible target instead of crying about smth that cant be targeted.
    Paladin Master Race
  • skitzopyroskitzopyro Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    While we are at fixing this spell can we A) Remove knockback. B) Reduce Knockback range or C) Add a vortex effect that pulls enemies back into the paladin. D) Add Daze effect so enemies will actually return to the paladin and not stand out sniping players.

This spell is extremely inefficient and down right annoying when used in dungeons and skirmishes. The range enemies are sent flying is beyond that of normal aoe and in most cases completely negates incoming damage or CCs. The spell is bad for group synergy, a tanks job is to keep enemies grouped and still so enemies can be effectively nuked.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ah yes, I understand the OP point now.

@Skitzopyro: Um, no. In solo play it can be a life-saver, not just for the knockback but also for the AP gain from it. Just because you experience other players using it wrongly is no reason to completely screw it up for everyone else. Besides, the PvPers already have that job against the PvEers and they tend to be unfortunately successful.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Relentless avenger have some targeting issues somtimes y cannot cast it .
    But i find a solution jumping helps a bit .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm liking the AP gain from Burning Light, which doesn't scatter.

As for your targetting issues, welcome to the world of the Whisperknife and Vengeance's Pursuit. If they haven't managed to fix it there, don't expect it to be a priority here either.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    While you'r at it, please do the same thing for Bane. Im not trying to debuff my teammates, im trying to debuff the baddies.