test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are you serious with the Kill 1000 Dragons achievement?

jappethebreadjappethebread Member Posts: 82 Arc User
I mean come on. It takes 10-15 minutes to kill one Heroic Encounter Dragon and that is only if there happens to be a good group of players killing it at the same time. I got 5 Dragon kills now and I've played the game for a week about 10 hours a day.

There needs to be some easier Dragon kills because that's just insane. Insane is not even enough to describe it. I dare to say it's pointless. If I kill 3 Dragons every day it takes 333 DAYS to get this one achievement. And 3 Dragons per day is really optimistic.

I'm not going to keep playing Neverwinter all year only to get this one stupid lame achievement. You should have just left it at "Kill 50 Dragons" because that is still doable and makes sense.

Also if you would not have put a 200 gamerscore achievement in the game you could have spread the points across a few more like "Kill 500 Elementals" or for example "Get your gearscore above 10,000"...
Post edited by jappethebread on

Comments

• Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I like achievements that are actually achievements, rather than, "you turned up".
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    It only takes that long because of all the low levels and players not understanding game mechanics . Once they release Rise of Tiamat we will have to kill 5 dragons in under 15 minutes. And they are all spread out. We do it constantly on the PC (any mount is good enough)..well every 15 minutes to the hour. And just FYI in the current MOD we have 6 dragons.
    If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
    Know I answered the call
    For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
    My fervent prayer is that death
    May not have been in vain
    Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain
  • Options
    jappethebreadjappethebread Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    telprydain wrote: »
    I like achievements that are actually achievements, rather than, "you turned up".

How'd you like an achievement Kill 1,000,000 Dragons then? I bet you'd love it. My point is I have other games I'm going to play this year than Neverwinter. It's the problem of most RPG hardcore players that they don't understand people who like to move on with their games and not be stuck with one game for several years.
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How'd you like an achievement Kill 1,000,000 Dragons then? I bet you'd love it. My point is I have other games I'm going to play this year than Neverwinter. It's the problem of most RPG hardcore players that they don't understand people who like to move on with their games and not be stuck with one game for several years.

There's nothing saying you NEED to complete all the acheivements. They are called acheivements for a reason. Not everyone will "Acheive" them. 1,000 dragons is nothing, Bring on your 1,000,000 dragons even. if only 3 people have an acheivement it feels more exclusive and rewarding to get. Once you unlock LoL you'll have an extra dragon from that, and when mod 5 comes out you'll have even more.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Let's see "Kill 1,000 Dragons" - 5 every 2 hours from Dragon run times 4 = 20, 5 every hour from Dragon Heralds times 8 = 40, 3 from Karrundax = 3. 2 from a Foundry Quest 20+ 40 + 3 +2 = 65. 1000/65 = 15 days. I don't see a problem.
  • Options
    awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They should have included refinement achievements...
  • Options
    jargoljargol Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Its a long term goal... Not one you are meant to get overnight.
  • Options
    baszun67baszun67 Member Posts: 89
    edited April 2015
    PC you kill 5 dragons a day every day for xp. Do your time console
  • Options
    finaldeath1689finaldeath1689 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Let's see "Kill 1,000 Dragons" - 5 every 2 hours from Dragon run times 4 = 20, 5 every hour from Dragon Heralds times 8 = 40, 3 from Karrundax = 3. 2 from a Foundry Quest 20+ 40 + 3 +2 = 65. 1000/65 = 15 days. I don't see a problem.

Xbox doesn't have foundry, go back to the pc part of the forums before coming here trying to be a smart ***.
    They're called achievements, not thanks for showing up scrub. IMO every achievement should be this tedious or difficult, or the name should be changed to easy tasks that make losers feel like they're less worthless than they actually are.

Please move on.

There is a massive difference between something being hard and something just being tedious. This could have easily have just been kill 100 dragons or even 10 dragons and be just as difficult as killing 1000, the only difference is one doesn't take months to do for no real reason other than to add unnecessary grind. I would have preferred this achievement to not even exist seeing as the game already has an achievement for killing 50 dragons and use that extra 200 gamerscore for other things like leveling a profession to 20 or more achievements related to killing other enemy types not already included in the achievements or getting a full set of level 60 gear (for example all blues) or equipping one of the dragonbone weapons.

So many people don't understand the difference between difficulty and unnecessary grind.
  • Options
    wtfxmintberrywtfxmintberry Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I know the Xbox doesn't have the foundry (yet) I'm not sure about other ways to kill dragons at higher levels (I'm currently 33 ish) So it might be like 18 days of grinding if you were a achievement hunter to get it.

Keep in mind this is a MMORPG and playing this game for achievements is ok if that your thing but its meant to be played for a long time, hundreds if not thousands of hours. Handing out easy achievements on a game like this reduces the playability.
  • Options
    cg0xirussiancg0xirussian Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think the point he's making is some people are completionistd and like to get 100% of the achievements and if they put an achievement in the game that takes more than a month and other people to get then I can see a serious problem for those that want to finish the game. It's very hard to kill dragons on xbox at the moment especially when almost no one wants to group up and do it...1000 times.
  • Options
    jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Complaining about achievements for an MMO... may not be the right style of game for you friend
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • Options
    wmadosswmadoss Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I mean come on. It takes 10-15 minutes to kill one Heroic Encounter Dragon and that is only if there happens to be a good group of players killing it at the same time. I got 5 Dragon kills now and I've played the game for a week about 10 hours a day.

There needs to be some easier Dragon kills because that's just insane. Insane is not even enough to describe it. I dare to say it's pointless. If I kill 3 Dragons every day it takes 333 DAYS to get this one achievement. And 3 Dragons per day is really optimistic.

I'm not going to keep playing Neverwinter all year only to get this one stupid lame achievement. You should have just left it at "Kill 50 Dragons" because that is still doable and makes sense.

Also if you would not have put a 200 gamerscore achievement in the game you could have spread the points across a few more like "Kill 500 Elementals" or for example "Get your gearscore above 10,000"...

I killed 30 dragons yesterday (rothe valley) in about 2 hours so 1000 is not that much.
    2-3 minutes to kill one then jump to another instance where a dragon is up and rince repeat.
    Ohh I forgot my marvelous rewards.
    150 dragon coins and 30 draconic enchantments :-(
  • Options
    wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Pretty clear to me from this thread that MMORPG is NOT your genre. Move on to other types of games. The fact you even care about getting the achievements and your gamerscore makes me question your sanity...
  • Options
    challenjourggchallenjourgg Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You need to stop crying, "it takes 333 days to get this achievement", obviously why 9 people had the achievement in a month. It's far from impossible and I reckon 20% of the community will have it between the 2nd and 3rd month of the games release. Deal with it.
  • Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This is one of the easier achievements out there. I've done it by just doing my dailies and farming ELoL and CN. Didn't even realize I was doing it till it popped up. This achievement isn't even close to a challenge it's a medium difficulty and that's being generous. This game will require you to kill dragons to progress therefore an achievement to kill dragons is inevitable through regular gameplay. Saying an achievement like that is "too hard" just shows you don't want to earn it and you're only interested in the achievements and not the game.

Take your rants elsewhere and stop trying to turn the game difficulty down to baby mode to curb your impatience and inability to actually earn your achievements. Go google the hardest achievements on Xbox and you'll see that there are dozens that make this one look like a walk in the park.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    cummins12vcummins12v Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Because gamerscore.... Matters?
    Edit: like was posted above, Google some of the hardest to get. God knows you already googled the fastest/easiest achievements, and then went out and bought those very games to get achievments on ( lame'o )
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The Dragon Herald run is actually 10 minutes and in a Really good group of 30-40, no problem at all. Then 5 min later Tiamat and after that you may be able to do one of the Dragons in NeverDeath, Ebon Downs, Icespire, Rothe' Valley or the Whispering Caverns. 3 times a day for 50 days is 1000+ dragons. Or you can take longer.
    It only takes that long because of all the low levels and players not understanding game mechanics . Once they release Rise of Tiamat we will have to kill 5 dragons in under 15 minutes. And they are all spread out. We do it constantly on the PC (any mount is good enough)..well every 15 minutes to the hour. And just FYI in the current MOD we have 6 dragons.
  • Options
    grabmooregrabmoore Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Dunno wether it's possible on X Box, but on PC version you can switch instances in Rothe Valley etc and farm the dragon in each instance.
    My guild had spreadsheets for the timers, since we farmed them the whole weekend. You can get 20 dragons per hour with a group.
    @grabmoore

Heroes of Darkness

Retired since 02/15
    My opinions are my own. Please do not judge my friends nor guild for my statements.
  • Options
    theapostletheapostle Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Xbox doesn't have foundry, go back to the pc part of the forums before coming here trying to be a smart ***.

There is a massive difference between something being hard and something just being tedious. This could have easily have just been kill 100 dragons or even 10 dragons and be just as difficult as killing 1000, the only difference is one doesn't take months to do for no real reason other than to add unnecessary grind. I would have preferred this achievement to not even exist seeing as the game already has an achievement for killing 50 dragons and use that extra 200 gamerscore for other things like leveling a profession to 20 or more achievements related to killing other enemy types not already included in the achievements or getting a full set of level 60 gear (for example all blues) or equipping one of the dragonbone weapons.

So many people don't understand the difference between difficulty and unnecessary grind.

I would've loved to have seen a "wear a full epic gear set" achievement. Go 4/4 with High Prophet and Pop.
  • Options
    theapostletheapostle Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    billyriz12 wrote: »
    I bet he has the press start achievement from the simpsons game

That or the get an achievement achievement from Sunset Overdrive.

Anyway, I'm currently at 80% (killed 60 today farming Siege Battlefield, dailies and a dungeon). It's doable but tedious and annoying. I'm never running a certain dungeon again when I'm done.

The only one I'm miffed about is Dungeon Master, which, after over a month, is still glitched.
  • Options
    cactusjacktercactusjackter Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This achievement is possible in about 10 hours if you use your brain and pay attention to what counts as a dragon kill...
  • Options
    mrdurvamrdurva Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    LOL if the OP is complaining about this achievement go look at become the emperor for ESO then complain
  • Options
    alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    OP would have been in tears over the early wow achievements.
  • Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The point is that you actually have to kill this many dragons to progress in the game eventually. That's what I don't get. This guy is complaining about the difficulty of an achievement that you are forced to get to progress.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!