test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Connection

mrthrillmrthrill Member Posts: 15 Arc User
I am constantly getting disconnected from the game. Basically on every loading scree, during pvp, during fights, all of the time. Takes forever to actually get a connection and keep it for more than 5 minutes. I doubt its my internet since online works perfectly fine for all my other games. Anyone else having this problem?
Post edited by mrthrill on

Comments

• Options
    dunaughtdunaught Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I get disconnected from load screens pretty often. I am hard wired to my modem and pull between 65-70mb most times.
  • Options
    trappy1026trappy1026 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    You have to pray more and buy more things from the Zen market, then it will go away/troll

The game is very unstable and they are "working on it."
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I usually quit the game (go to Xbox One dashboard, hit start/menu with the game selected, choose quit) when that starts happening. It seems to clear it up for a while. Could be coincidence though...
  • Options
    wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    mrthrill wrote: »
    I am constantly getting disconnected from the game. Basically on every loading scree, during pvp, during fights, all of the time. Takes forever to actually get a connection and keep it for more than 5 minutes. I doubt its my internet since online works perfectly fine for all my other games. Anyone else having this problem?
    You need to dashboard quit the game to clear your game cache. This will resolve this issue (mostly).
  • Options
    theapostletheapostle Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You need to dashboard quit the game to clear your game cache. This will resolve this issue (mostly).

Yeah, untill after you load another few zones...
  • Options
    majnumbthumbs1majnumbthumbs1 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Eh. Sometimes now, a month ago, I couldn't leave an area at all without restarting. In other words, it will get better.
  • Options
    ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It happens to me when entering dungeons, I have to restart the game and it send me back to the enclave then when I go back to instance it does it again! It is a bit annoying but the bug fixes upcoming will hopefully solve this!
  • Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, you may not realize it until you think about it but the game has already improved by leaps and bounds since launch. Lag and disconnects used to be something that happened every few seconds and clearing your cache used to be an every 20-30 minute thing. I go for week or so before having to clear my cache now and usually never run into a disconnect screen unless I'm in the Enclave. Even then usually restarting the game without even having to reboot fixes the problem.

We still have plenty of issues but to say that they aren't doing a great job improving it would have to be made from someone with a bad perception.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    therealshakur70therealshakur70 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2015

pretty sure this doesn't clear the cache but I have been wrong before hehe, I think you need to shutdown the xbox using the following method:

Press and hold the power button on the front of the console until it powers down completely.
    Unplug the power cable from the back of the console so that the power brick in not connected to the console.
    Press the power button on the console three or four times. This will ensure that any remaining power in the battery is drained, clearing the cache on the console.
    Plug the power cable back into the console.
    Wait for the light on the power brick to change from white to orange.
    Turn on the console using the power button.

however an easier method might be (xbox support):

hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds the console will make a noise different to a normal power down. After the console is completely shut down turn it back on and that will have cleared your problem. To be able to tell if it has worked when you go to start a game it will say syncing, this shows that the Xbox has remembered all saved data on your console.
  • Options
    theungodlytheungodly Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, you may not realize it until you think about it but the game has already improved by leaps and bounds since launch. Lag and disconnects used to be something that happened every few seconds and clearing your cache used to be an every 20-30 minute thing. I go for week or so before having to clear my cache now and usually never run into a disconnect screen unless I'm in the Enclave. Even then usually restarting the game without even having to reboot fixes the problem.

We still have plenty of issues but to say that they aren't doing a great job improving it would have to be made from someone with a bad perception.

Interesting, because i've been playing since day one and i haven't noticed any improvements. Quite the opposite. Since the last update the game freezes more often, the framedrops are even worse than before and from time to time the game just shuts down. Before that everything was "just" awful. The only improvement i've noticed is the slight, but not enough, change in the AH and that i don't get kicked to start screen when i change character.
    Restarting the game/doing a hard reset only fixes the loading screen dc's but it rarely improves the performance. If there's too much happening on screen, the game/console/servers can't handle it. It's actually sad that a console game needs a reset to "clear cache" if that's the case. Then something is wrong with the game.
    HR - "The Ungodly"
    DC - "The Unholy"
    Guild: Ruthless
  • Options
    sassy009sassy009 Member Posts: 3
    I can't stay on the game for even a minute or 2 be without being booted off. ( No it's not my internet connection, before someone asks that. )
  • Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    Doesn't seem to be affecting everyone the same then. I have virtually no problems with disconnects anymore. I haven't cleared my cache in at least a month and I rarely experience lag in game anymore at all even during dragon fights. I wonder if it could be my xbox. I'm using the Advanced warfare edition one. Not sure why it wouldn't be affecting everyone the same if it's server based.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    bmeanbmean Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    It's definitely neverwinter side. Ran with someone the other day and I was getting disconnect every dungeon. He mentioned going in the building that sells companions (can't think of the name) before loading into a dungeon. Did that and had no dc at all. Then to test I loaded from protectors enclave and had instant dc...
  • Options
    soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    I usually quit the game (go to Xbox One dashboard, hit start/menu with the game selected, choose quit) when that starts happening. It seems to clear it up for a while. Could be coincidence though...

I officially log out from the game and then follow this process EVERY time I get done playing and my disconnections have been reduced greatly. It still happens occasionally, and sometimes it just happens one time during a gaming session but it's a lot better than the back to back disconnects I was having before shutting down this way.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • Options
    notsubutainotsubutai Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Personally I find if I'm not in Protector's Enclave when I accept a queued dungeon/skirmish etc then I connect a lot easier. But yes doing it from PE, it oftens takes 2-3 goes to actually get to the instance and that often means I'm kicked when I do finally arrive.
    Srdjan Windtalker @ notsubutai
  • Options
    curygreenleaf69curygreenleaf69 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Do not try to load into a dungeon from the enclave, go to any other zone and load from there.