test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Zone chat and called # being up

dunaughtdunaught Member Posts: 49 Arc User
Dear Forum,

Today at work, I caught the hot blond from the office staring.... errr, sorry . Wrong Forum /wink.

Anyway, I am very new to Neverwinter. While grinding in zones, I keep seeing people saying things like: #27 up, #4 up, etc. What are these numbers people are shouting and what do they mean to me?
Post edited by dunaught on

Comments

• Options
    kestrelhawkerkestrelhawker Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Announcing Dragon Pops in and the instance number .
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Thanks!

Does someon have a list of what # relates to which Dragon?

BTW... how many different instances are there?
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's always the same dragon in each area, but each area has multiple instances it might spawn in. So, if you're in Neverdeath and see "#27 up" in Zone Chat, that means Charthraxis has arrived in instance #27 and you can fight him if you join that instance.

The different dragons and their locations can be found here (look at the quests of the Daily Heroic Encounter type): http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Tyranny_of_Dragons_Campaign#Repeatable_Quests
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for the help... Only playing a few weeks and I am hooked.
  • Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm not too sure how many instances there are but every instance has a dragon event that you can participate in as long as you're in an area that has a dragon encounter such as Neverdeath Graveyard or Rothe Valley. They appear every 20 minutes but they don't all appear at the same time on all instances so you can use the chat to let other people know when a dragon is up on their instance rather than waiting up to 20 minutes for one to show up on your instance.

Specific dragons can only be found in specific areas, not instances. The instance isn't relevant aside from the different times that the dragon will spawn there.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Welcome!!

As one more piece of information.. when you see someone call out "27 now!" or "13 in 2" invite yourself to that person's group! don't wait for that person to invite you, because when the dragon is up, the text is scrolling way too fast for them to see and target you for an invite. When you get to that person's instance, you'll more than likely not be grouped anymore, because the caller will have left group so other people can invite him/her to get to instance 27. Feel free to return the favor by calling out "Dragon on me.. invite yourself to get here!".
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    dunaught wrote: »
    Does someon have a list of what # relates to which Dragon?

The different dragons spawn in different Zones, not Instances. The same dragon will spawn in every instance of that Zone. Here are a list of the Zones with Dragon Encounters from Tyranny of Dragons Campaign, in order of level:

Neverdeath Graveyard - Charthraxis
    Ebon Downs - Vartilingorix
    Icespire Peak - Merothrax
    Rothé Valley - Venfithar
    Whispering Caverns - Vilithrax
    dunaught wrote: »
    BTW... how many different instances are there?
    The amount of instances varies, depending on zone population. There is no set maximum number of instances for the leveling adventure zones. As instances fill up, more will be created automatically and as instances empty out, they will disappear.
  • Options
    theapostletheapostle Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    To invite yourself, hit LB + Down (at the same time), then hit the button that used to be the back button, click on the person's name and choose "Invite to group". Then Go to the Quests section and change instance. Choose the instance your group mate called out. :D