test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Iwd

openforbreakfastopenforbreakfast Member Posts: 615 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PvE Discussion
So now that IWD is popular again how many of you cant play it ? I tried the wolf HE in the Pass last night and it was basically a lag fest with my toon rubber-banding from mob to mob. I gave up after ~10 mins since it didnt seem to get better at all

Is this the common experience or what these days?
Post edited by openforbreakfast on

Comments

• Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I joined those HE raids for approximately 4~5 hours so far, there were some lags but mostly very managable, nothing too terrible from my end.
    So now that IWD is popular again how many of you cant play it ? I tried the wolf HE in the Pass last night and it was basically a lag fest with my toon rubber-banding from mob to mob. I gave up after ~10 mins since it didnt seem to get better at all

Is this the common experience or what these days?
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    @ up

Same here, lag is noticable, but managable. The only time I had serious issues was when there were OPs with looping prisms, but they already have a fix for that, hoping it'll be live this week. I had some graphic slow downs, but thats probably my laptops integrated graphics card :)

Tip: If its not bandwidth lag but lack of computer resources try to turn off players damage floaters (and all floating text). It did wonders for me.
  • Options
    glubtalglubtal Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Same here, I hear ppl complaining about lag or rubberbanding often, I never or rarely seem to have trouble except in places like MC or sometimes SoT..
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Quad core 3,5 GHz
    Radeon R9 270x 2GB
    8GB RAM
    50 mbs optical fibre internet

Im pretty sure my hardware is up to snuff and then some

That doesn't mean your ISP is paying for enough bandwidth and peering to the USA. Don't forget you're in competition with people using Youtube and netflix, so optical fibre means nothing at all. It's all about peering and agreements between ISPs. Typically if your tracert shows peering with cogent, you're in trouble because that's the kind of low cost ISP that doesn't care about having its network completely saturated for days, ie your ping will skyrocket and your available bandwidth will be close to nothing.
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I ran around IWD last night for about an hour after doing my dailies. I had bad lag once but most of the time it was either very low or not noticeable.

I still wish the black ice HE in IWP would drop black ice like it used to. People may actually do it. :(
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    no lag, just a lot of render throttling going on. I don't think I've ever seen a fully rendered screen in IWD since the last patch.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,291 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    No lag at all and no noticeable graphic distortion. I did in different time, different instance (I usually leave IWD when I switch character and don't want to wait for 15 seconds).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    little issue on max server days.. like friday and saturday nights..

I DID however notice a massive issue this morning with multiple OP proccing prism things.. omg!

I just started splitting after that and it was fine, wouldn't stay around for them.
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've had mildish lag issues in iwd to spineward comedy. Mostly its fine. For Neverwinter. Its not like being on esea server or anything but its fine.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    From EU: Lag and spatial dissociation all over IwP. The closer to Zerg-land, the greater, but even at the easternmost beacon still noticeable lag. This doesn't really matter that much while in the Zerg train - so many aggroable tasty adventurers there to tank the few hapless mobs' attacks, but when I went after my campaign tasks, the vicinity of the Zerg made that quite a risky enterprise. But still mostly playable... ...with a Pally. Squishy no-heal char would have died.

If this current state of affairs is to stay, then the creation of "No-Zerg" instances - without HEs - for campaigners might be a smart idea...
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well, Boo rulz...

RatRace.jpg
  • Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well, Boo rulz...

RatRace.jpg

i lold....
    XD
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2015
    The game should have both.. unbound available RP
    and hoard drops.

Thats my opinion. THEY too harshly and heavily gated RP, for way too long.

Frankly EVEN at the rate of farming we have now.. it will take forever to get things to legendary.

I will agree they nerfed hoards too hard, they need to bring them back up some. NO mmo should just be about grinding random stones, but thats we have atm. You can basically buy blues in ah and just farm RP, there is no other necessary gear progression.

Im not happy with artifact gear. Im just LESS unhappy since they gave us unbound RP back.
  • Options
    linaduinlinaduin Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Bottom line: I think Cryptic's decision to take away RP farming from the self and give it to the masses was bad and it will hurt them again in the long run. The fact that it forces every one of us to run mindlessly around IWD with a horde of other people, endure lag and have zero fun is bad enough in itself, Id rather be the one deciding when and what to farm at my leisure thank you. But thats not the only issue, the AH will be flooded with botted RP stones, legit players who cant grind 5 hours in the laggy Pass will have to buy their RP and thus illegitimate players will get rich again leading to another ingame economy crash and even further PVP imbalance... Its a vicious circle in Neverwinter

Totally agree with this. NW is reduced to running zergs for RP to upgrade artifacts so you can ... run zergs for RP to upgrade artifacts so you can ... what's the point?
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They have FORCED everyone who needs RP (everyone) to farm IWD heroics. There is NO OTHER OPTION.
    They need to reverse the Dragon Hoard nerf and nerf the IWD Heroics instead.

Minor heroics should reward a White Pearl. A Peridot for Great Success.
    Blue Heroics should reward a Peridot. An Aquamarine for Great Success.
    Epic Heroics should reward an Aquamarine. A Flawless Sapphire for Great Success.

This way it is still worth farming. With a reversal on the Dragon Hoard Enchantment nerf we could farm OUR way. Not be forced into a zerg mentality.
  • Options
    sixpax2sixpax2 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I love these rewards as much as anyone, but tbh it's all gotten silly and out of hand. It's affecting other parts of the game like skirmish/dungeon queues. Not sure about PvP queues but I saw someone in IWD begging people to come to the PvP area there.

HE farming has become the "end game" for Neverwinter, and as much as I hate to say it, there needs to be a limit.
    "While it is possible to tank as a Justice or Light paladin, it is substantially harder, especially on longer fights where Holy Barrier and your other defensive feats get chances to kick in and contribute quite a bit of defensive power." - System Designer Gentlemancrush
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,291 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sixpax2 wrote: »
    I love these rewards as much as anyone, but tbh it's all gotten silly and out of hand. It's affecting other parts of the game like skirmish/dungeon queues. Not sure about PvP queues but I saw someone in IWD begging people to come to the PvP area there.

HE farming has become the "end game" for Neverwinter, and as much as I hate to say it, there needs to be a limit.

Yes, this is more or less the only thing most people do now. Take a look at AH. You can see the price of the certain gears skyrocket. I don't think it is because of the demand. I believe it is because of the supply. People went to farm in IWD instead of the dungeon. There is no right or wrong but the eco system was changed.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    plasticbat wrote: »
    Yes, this is more or less the only thing most people do now. Take a look at AH. You can see the price of the certain gears skyrocket. I don't think it is because of the demand. I believe it is because of the supply. People went to farm in IWD instead of the dungeon. There is no right or wrong but the eco system was changed.

THATS becuase there is no rewards in DDs.. or very limited ones, that has been A totally separate major complaint about DDS.

DDS need to drop RP, better RP then a HE.. blue at every mini boss, purple at final. 5000 rp points is nothing.. 10,000 is next to nothing.. its pretty terrible they gated RP the way they did. Instead of nerfing IWD, FIX the base issue problem with these DDS, they simply do not offer much in terms of RUNNING them. In fact if you wanted to try to farm them outside of the hour, they could COST you money. Not a great practice imo.

I would think epic t2 , drop a brilliant diamond. People will flock to it.

That WAS notified on preview and ASKED to be changed, well advance of this.

Gear is zero interest in this game, there is almost no reason to upgrade gear or worry it, I just get the burning elemental set for all of my toons and fill out rest of stats as needed. Fine by me. There is only stats now.. you can ALTER stats by using different enchant combinations and artifacts.

THEY could also lower artifact gear RP requirements, they are ridiculously high , considering that they WILL all be replaceable every mod or half a mod as previously shown by cryptic.

Even get items to epic is a little silly honestly.
  • Options
    faltiigrimfaltiigrim Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think part of the answer should be to start putting RP everywhere - and it seems they are moving in that direction, with the way they added some to the Dr/Sharandar daily quests.

I believe it won't be long before there is a few k RP in every dungeon chest; WoD heroics has RP rewards; the rest of the dailies get RP added to them. The key is to make the rewards worthwhile enough that people actually chase them. Dungeon queues would never be a problem if you had 5k, 10k stones dropping out of the end chests with a chance for a 50k one.

Past a certain point - which can be pretty quickly reached - the only way to improve your character is RP. So doing tasks that don't result in RP turn into a waste of time.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    DDS need to drop RP, better RP then a HE.. blue at every mini boss, purple at final. 5000 rp points is nothing.. 10,000 is next to nothing.. its pretty terrible they gated RP the way they did. Instead of nerfing IWD, FIX the base issue problem with these DDS, they simply do not offer much in terms of RUNNING them. In fact if you wanted to try to farm them outside of the hour, they could COST you money. Not a great practice imo.

This is a good idea, but I think even if they gave higher RP rewards in DDs people are still going to take the path of least resistance and stick with IWD.
    "While it is possible to tank as a Justice or Light paladin, it is substantially harder, especially on longer fights where Holy Barrier and your other defensive feats get chances to kick in and contribute quite a bit of defensive power." - System Designer Gentlemancrush
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    sixpax2 wrote: »
    This is a good idea, but I think even if they gave higher RP rewards in DDs people are still going to take the path of least resistance and stick with IWD.

I think if you could net 20k rp out of a t1 DD people would be ok with running those more.

So.. conjecture me this.. you nerf the hes.. then what? There is simply NOT much reason to RUN the dds.. not at all. There isnt much of value at all and IT can actually cost you money if you want to farm outside of hours.

Its kinda of a waste of time if you have some armour already.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    faltiigrim wrote: »
    I think part of the answer should be to start putting RP everywhere - and it seems they are moving in that direction, with the way they added some to the Dr/Sharandar daily quests.

I believe it won't be long before there is a few k RP in every dungeon chest; WoD heroics has RP rewards; the rest of the dailies get RP added to them. The key is to make the rewards worthwhile enough that people actually chase them. Dungeon queues would never be a problem if you had 5k, 10k stones dropping out of the end chests with a chance for a 50k one.

Past a certain point - which can be pretty quickly reached - the only way to improve your character is RP. So doing tasks that don't result in RP turn into a waste of time.

precisely.. its not even worth trying to farm AD, they nerfed it so badly, the only way to get AD is simply alt a army.

nerfing the hes isnt the answer.. PUTTING better value INTO dds is the answer.

and for the MOST part dds are bot proof, you cant bot your way to beating the bosses atm, maybe in a few past mods you could do that.. but not right now.
  • Options
    rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    The game should have both.. unbound available RP
    and hoard drops.

Thats my opinion. THEY too harshly and heavily gated RP, for way too long.

Frankly EVEN at the rate of farming we have now.. it will take forever to get things to legendary.

I will agree they nerfed hoards too hard, they need to bring them back up some. NO mmo should just be about grinding random stones, but thats we have atm. You can basically buy blues in ah and just farm RP, there is no other necessary gear progression.

Im not happy with artifact gear. Im just LESS unhappy since they gave us unbound RP back.
    i did the math and it will take me 20 stacks of aquamarines AND peridots (20 of each) to go from epic to legendary on one piece of artifact equipment without a double rp. thats a lot of farming.
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Regarding lag, it was probably the instance you were in.
    There are still some major performance issues with the game itself and power interactions.
    I've been in some that ran smoothly with pretty much no lag, and others that are total lagfests.
    The game is not very tolerant of multiple dropped packets (results in server disconnect), but you can check you response times to the game servers.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    i did the math and it will take me 20 stacks of aquamarines AND peridots (20 of each) to go from epic to legendary on one piece of artifact equipment without a double rp. thats a lot of farming.

That is approx 1 and 1/2 hours each set of 20/20 x 4.

For ONE toon and this is only from epic to legendary.. we are talking about approx 120 hours of just farming to do this..

egads people, WHO IN THE effing world thinks ITS ok to nerf HEs is outrageous.

There is no reasonable or logical explanation to nerf drop rate, in fact WE NEED even more sources of RP not less, ADD RP to DDs this week!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    So.. conjecture me this.. you nerf the hes.. then what? There is simply NOT much reason to RUN the dds.. not at all. There isnt much of value at all and IT can actually cost you money if you want to farm outside of hours.

Oh I'm in agreement with you on making DDs more worthwhile (thus the reason I started my post by saying "This is a good idea"). It's just not going to fix the problem of the vast, vast majority of people HE farming. Even if T1 DDs gave you double the RP/min rewards of an HE farming session, there's still the issues of bad PuG's, repeated wipes, having to vote kick under-skilled/under-geared players, and people rage quitting. You don't have any of those issues with HE farming, thus people are going to continue doing them instead.