test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CM update us on future patches?

ab0vegr0undab0vegr0und Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6
Can we get a community manager to give us a little info, on when future mods, campaigns, are gonna come into the xbox one version.
We are kind of in the dark, and if this stuff takes to long, it might be better to just not play xbox one and just play pc.

Like maybe part two of tryanny of the dragons so we can drool over when we get to finally use an offhand artifact weapon.
Future campaigns coming soon?
Paladin coming maybe?
When can we see level 70?
How far behind is the xbox one going to be from pc? will we always be 2 years behind?
Will xbox one ever catch up?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    codher0codher0 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This game just came out. Why are you so worried about new content. They already said when the new expansions would be released. By the end of 2015. Is that not good enough for you?
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Can we get a community manager to give us a little info, on when future mods, campaigns, are gonna come into the xbox one version.
    We are kind of in the dark, and if this stuff takes to long, it might be better to just not play xbox one and just play pc.

Like maybe part two of tryanny of the dragons so we can drool over when we get to finally use an offhand artifact weapon.
    Future campaigns coming soon?
    Paladin coming maybe?
    When can we see level 70?
    How far behind is the xbox one going to be from pc? will we always be 2 years behind?
    Will xbox one ever catch up?
    looking at how fast pc gets new mods i dont think you will ever catch up.
    the thing that would have more sense its just releasing mod 4 and 5 all togheter but thats it.
    there is no way to let you catch you really.
    strum can confirm i think
  • Options
    awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    codher0 wrote: »
    This game just came out. Why are you so worried about new content. They already said when the new expansions would be released. By the end of 2015. Is that not good enough for you?

PC initial release was 6/20/13
    MOD 1 was 8/22/13
    MOD 2 was 12/5/13
    MOD 3 was 5/13/14
    MOD 4 was 8/14/14
    MOD 5 was 11/18/14
    MOD 6 was 4/7/15
    MOD 7 has been announced as summer 2015
    MOD 8 has been announced for 2015

2-6 months between actual releases.

Mods have all been announced ahead of time, typically 1-4 months.

The only thing that is anywhere near an official announcement is "5 free expansions by the end of the year" - it's June.

Latest player news is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about campaigns that many people are done with or well beyond the point the games news "guide" is referring to.

The word "soon" has been thrown around w/ reckless abandon... to the point where the definition of "soon" should be called into question.

PC has seen a new mod released and 2 more announced since this game launched over 2 months ago.

On XB1, it has seen 1 patch of note.

The player base has every reason to be frustrated by the lack of information. Granted it is not a copy and paste magic trick to get PC made content ready for XBox release, but there are 4 modules yet to be released on XBox to bring us up to where the PC was at when this launched.

If the 5 by the end of the year is in fact accurate (personally, I think it's BS), something needs to happen now unless 1 massive update brings all 5 live on XB1 at once - which would be a major mistake IMO.
  • Options
    silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Honestly, I don't see how they are going to be able to release certain content without a major overhaul in network stability.. We don't play on dedicated servers. Have you ever tried fighting a dragon with 10+ players? it freezes, or the frame rate drops obnoxiously low. Now imagine 50+ players fighting 5 dragons AT THE SAME TIME. (This is Tiamet Raid.)

it's not logically going to be able to happen.
    Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
  • Options
    monktoastymonktoasty Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Honestly, I don't see how they are going to be able to release certain content without a major overhaul in network stability.. We don't play on dedicated servers. Have you ever tried fighting a dragon with 10+ players? it freezes, or the frame rate drops obnoxiously low. Now imagine 50+ players fighting 5 dragons AT THE SAME TIME. (This is Tiamet Raid.)

it's not logically going to be able to happen.

Woa, yea no way will that work on xbox..iyll probsbly blow up our consoles lol
  • Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Had to deal with the same thing on my PC account as well. It's not as bad as on Xbox but when it comes to framerate drops and lag both versions are facing the same headaches.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    awrex1977 wrote: »
    Wow WTF... not a lot of warning...

I don't know if I believe this article. There is nothing on the news page or twitter feed about this...
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Wow WTF... not a lot of warning...

Could not agree more, and personally I think it's BS... makes no sense what so ever to just "F" it, let's release an expansion w/out any announcemnt
  • Options
    wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Could not agree more, and personally I think it's BS... makes no sense what so ever to just "F" it, let's release an expansion w/out any announcemnt

I don't know if I believe this article. There is nothing on the news page or twitter feed about this...
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I'd trust this source over Polygon. I've found Polygon relies more on "Speculation" than factual information.
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's not uncommon for press releases to be released to the press ahead of announcements. It probably was supposed to be a uniform release and a few in the press jumped the gun. It also could've been a leak...
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    There is nothing on the news page or twitter feed about this...
    There is now! :)

Neverwinter Xbox One: Rise of Tiamat Coming In June
  • Options
    kestrelhawkerkestrelhawker Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Dude! you did it ! , go ahead ask for more stuff!
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2015
    Merry Christmas!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    kestrelhawkerkestrelhawker Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Merry Christmas!

I really wish there was a like button at the very least .
  • Options
    lvlkarmalvllvlkarmalvl Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Merry Christmas!

Oh Strum, choosing only one Holiday to observe in the forums? You're just asking for hate :P

Seriously though, thanks for news. I think I'm more excited about some of the fixes, and I'm fairly excited about Tiamat so that's saying something.
  • Options
    fluppykinsfluppykins Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Merry Christmas!

That's adorable, you make it sound like you are doing something nice for us. Your garbage servers can not handle five people on the screen with mobs, let alone 25. The only good thing you have done is give people a reason to pursue alternatives to this atrocity.

Merry Christmas to you :D