test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trickster Rogue not seeming to generate any aggro in group situations

suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
I did an in game bug on this quite awhile back but wanted to post it here to be sure and to see if anyone had anything to add to it.

When in groups, my TR has zero aggro if any other targets have been in range of the one I attack. He can get initial aggro or aggro if he is the only one alive but other than that it will be zero aggro. A DC can cast one heal and run around while I kill anything and it will never turn on me.

While this is highly favorable to me causing vast amounts of damage it is also boring and obviously not intended.
Post edited by suddenlyslow on

Comments

• Options
    grabmooregrabmoore Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I can confirm this. It's a running gag in our guild already :D

"Hey you go in first TR bro, it's not that you would aggro 'em anyways."

I don't think it's intendedm but the game has more serious issues imo.
    @grabmoore

Heroes of Darkness

Retired since 02/15
    My opinions are my own. Please do not judge my friends nor guild for my statements.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Interesting thing I just swapped my trans Vorp for a trans Terror to do some dungeon parses and I suddenly am an aggro beast.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Interesting thing I just swapped my trans Vorp for a trans Terror to do some dungeon parses and I suddenly am an aggro beast.

My tr uses vorpal and holds aggro in groups and VS boss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    My tr uses vorpal and holds aggro in groups and VS boss

Interesting, and makes me wonder wher the particulars of this aggro oddity lies at. I have never ever held aggro (or even had an enemy look at me) while wielding a vorpal or plaguefire (again unless I was the only one on their aggro lists or everyone else was dead). I have also noticed on those HE events where you have to protect something that I cannot do them solo and the reason is the enemy will kill those that I have to protect and never ever look at me.
  • Options
    luccameluccame Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I have also noticed on those HE events where you have to protect something that I cannot do them solo and the reason is the enemy will kill those that I have to protect and never ever look at me.

If this is the case, then it's not good at all. But otherwise I think TR should have the least aggro factor in a group. Though I admit that TR aggro is too weak now.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm sporadically seeing this kind of behavior as well, but it's not consistent.

In a straight playthrough of Elemental Evil's new areas, I cycled through every companion I owned until they were all levelled up. Healers and archers were just terrible for kiting mobs away from me. My threat rating was apparently 0. It doesn't matter that whatever companion I had out at the time would have been doing pathetic damage and contributing nothing but distractions.

On the other hand, in Need for Mead, the mobs do largely ignore the NPCs and target me unless I let the guards grab some threat. In Biggrin's Tomb, having a summoned companion doesn't really seem to help divide aggro very much, though I admit I haven't used one with taunts.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My partner's TR aggros everything within a mile radius. Makes it annoyingly difficult when we're trying to sneak around..
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    It seems there could be a few variables at play then. Like I said with a vorpal or plaguefire I have no aggro, with a terror it almost seems like I get proximity aggro off others without even engaging. I cannot 'pull' anything as nothing will ever pursue me (but I have not tried with the terror equipped). I play a WK as a sab currently in the event it is paragon/path specific.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Mine is a WK Scoundrel spec and has been using a Plaguefire the entire time.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia