test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we please get leavers penalty in GG!?

2»

Comments

• overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    How about this as a solution to quitters in both Dom and GG: que tiers based on glory buy in. The amount of glory to buy in would be based on ail+tenacity ÷ 2.

So if you are under geared there is no buy in and you only get matched against others with no buy in. As gear increases you have to buy in with an amount of glory based on gear (ail + tenacity ÷ 2). You only get matched with those of a similar buy-in. Complete the match and get your glory back + the normal reward. Quit the match and you don't get your glory back.

It would only work if disconnects of less than four minutes could continue the match on reconnect.
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Wont work, pvp gear only effects a small portion of the gears overall, high level enchantments and artifacts makes a lot of difference.

How about this as a solution to quitters in both Dom and GG: que tiers based on glory buy in. The amount of glory to buy in would be based on ail+tenacity ÷ 2.

So if you are under geared there is no buy in and you only get matched against others with no buy in. As gear increases you have to buy in with an amount of glory based on gear (ail + tenacity ÷ 2). You only get matched with those of a similar buy-in. Complete the match and get your glory back + the normal reward. Quit the match and you don't get your glory back.

It would only work if disconnects of less than four minutes could continue the match on reconnect.
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Back to the topic, I strongly recommend NOT TO put leaver's penalty in GG, however the leavers should get punished in other ways.

The reason GG PvP is very popular is heavily because its Very Fast Pops, and it involves players from all gear level, plus even if your gear is not that great, if you know what to do, you can still help the team by capping the nodes at the back while avoiding the big fights, you might not be that strong but you can help the team in different ways!

By applying leaver's penalty back on, that would mean people would not want to get penaltized and would therefore probably result in MORE PREMADE TEAMS and more time sitting by the spawn point for non-Premades. Eventually more people gets frustrated and less people queue up for GG and then it its gonna take longer time to pop and then less people get interested in GG because if they are not premades they just keep getting stumped, I dont see how this help improve the gaming experience, if any, likely a worsen one.

You can see this happening very clearly to the existing DOM. Firstly it takes a LONG TIME to pop, because there are less people queueing for it, and when you finally get a POP, your chance of going up against PREMADEs is also higher than in GG. I believe the situation in DOM kinda tells you what would happen to GG if they put the leaver's penalty back on, therefore I suggest to keep GG the way it is, its more enjoyable for everyone.
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
    edited May 2015
    icyphish wrote: »
    Wont work, pvp gear only effects a small portion of the gears overall, high level enchantments and artifacts makes a lot of difference.

OK. Can you think of a formula that factors tenacity appropriately? Shots in the dark, but something anyways.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No penalty please. Only premades want this!

Tell you why not.

Domination dead for casuals, only premades/whales and exploiters.

GG PVP getting to look like Domination, only a bit better, but if you take away the leaving option, then tell me what to do on those nights, when nearly all GG PVP instances are filled with a huge PVP guild?!

Only salvation was to jump out and try to find a match, where it was a bit more even.

Actually only those big PVP guilds want it, tomorrow and even today 2 of them teamed up and steamrolled everyone with their rank 12s, transcendent negations and bugged artifacts. You couldn't even scratch them.

Those brackets would be very needed, PVP is a bad "who's got more money" joke. Some chars have 6 thousand dollar on them, try to defeat that one...

PVP is out for casuals in this game, Mod 6's new feature less content everywhere if you are not a whale.

P:S: Sadly PVP in this game is not controlled by Cryptic anymore, a few big PVP guilds have split the cake amongst them and no PUG has a decent chance anymore.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• sainttapesainttape Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have an IL 2k GF and DC. It takes me, on average playing 5-6 matches to win 1. My worst streak was 22:1 loss to win ratio. It's very frustrating when matches are determined in queue by who has the higher IL before the thing even starts! This is something I have no power to influence, which makes losing REPEATEDLY for hours on end the pinnacle of frustration. Does Cryptic really want PvP to be this toxic of an environment? An IL-based queue system is necessary here, and I think it is the best viable option to discourage leavers.

To be honest, in a really lopsided PvP, I go eat breakfast, or fold laundry, or do something productive with my time. It's one thing when it's just one lopsided match, but when all of them are lopsided? I will fight in matches where fighting will make a difference. Hell, sometimes I go for the 'died the most' accomplishment. Most the time, I am not wasting (more) of my life just for a paltry 250 glory and a pat on the back for not leaving.
    edited May 2015

Tell you why not.

GG PVP getting to look like Domination, only a bit better, but if you take away the leaving option, then tell me what to do on those nights, when nearly all GG PVP instances are filled with a huge PVP guild?!

Only salvation was to jump out and try to find a match, where it was a bit more even.

Actually only those big PVP guilds want it, tomorrow and even today 2 of them teamed up and steamrolled everyone with their rank 12s, transcendent negations and bugged artifacts. You couldn't even scratch them.

Those brackets would be very needed, PVP is a bad "who's got more money" joke. Some chars have 6 thousand dollar on them, try to defeat that one...

PVP is out for casuals in this game, Mod 6's new feature less content everywhere if you are not a whale.

P:S: Sadly PVP in this game is not controlled by Cryptic anymore, a few big PVP guilds have split the cake amongst them and no PUG has a decent chance anymore.

I know you mean no offense but this is kind of a kick in the balls. I don't get the hate. I play my *** off on my mesely 2.5k 1k tenacity TR and I win more than lose.

After winning about 300 matches with an occasional loss every ten or twenty matches the ELO started placing me against really well geared opponents. After losing enough times with 3-4k IL brain dead solo pugs I had to guild up and premade up. The premades I go in are usually players from several guilds. Not just one.

I'm a true 2.5k scrub but I do what it takes to win. I am not a whale. I am Jonah.

If I can do it why can't others? I don't have mad skills, I don't have supernatural reflexes. I do not exploit or use bugged enchants.

I just have a solid grasp of the fundamentals. I think the lack of that hurts pugs far worse than gear or guild premades. I digress.... :/
    edited May 2015
    I know you mean no offense but this is kind of a kick in the balls. I don't get the hate. I play my *** off on my mesely 2.5k 1k tenacity TR and I win more than lose.

After winning about 300 matches with an occasional loss every ten or twenty matches the ELO started placing me against really well geared opponents. After losing enough times with 3-4k IL brain dead solo pugs I had to guild up and premade up. The premades I go in are usually players from several guilds. Not just one.

I'm a true 2.5k scrub but I do what it takes to win. I am not a whale. I am Jonah.

If I can do it why can't others? I don't have mad skills, I don't have supernatural reflexes. I do not exploit or use bugged enchants.

I just have a solid grasp of the fundamentals. I think the lack of that hurts pugs far worse than gear or guild premades. I digress.... :/

First of all i would like to thank you, that you did get the message mate, i wanted to get through!

No, i would never ever want to hurt anybody, who is a decent and legit player, on the contrary i am fighting my endless fight for the little man.

You are a decent chap, but you know too, most aren't and that's why we would finally need some order in this chaos, called PVP.

It is unbearable, that in the current system big PVP guilds made an agreement under the hood and they have split the cake amongst them. The entire week is divided between them and on top of all this, each day 2 of them team up against PUGs. Fisrt this was only the case in Domination, now GG PVP is infected too.

Where should the casual PVP lover go now for his daily fun?

Cryptic has to decide actually whether they encourage this little pact and let PVP only be a playground for the whales or they wanna see more players coming into PVP enjoying themselves and finally bring some order. Nobody else can do it, no matter how much we write here, it's all useless, unless a Cryptic official makes the deciding move.

Hell, it is so funny in an ironic sense, that it really feels like politics in real life, not some part of a game.

I hope Cryptic gets the message, that more little players bring more to the table, than only few whales.

This lady's (i presume, if not sorry) comment stands for the "fun", that PVP is now currently:
    sainttape wrote: »
    I have an IL 2k GF and DC. It takes me, on average playing 5-6 matches to win 1. My worst streak was 22:1 loss to win ratio. It's very frustrating when matches are determined in queue by who has the higher IL before the thing even starts! This is something I have no power to influence, which makes losing REPEATEDLY for hours on end the pinnacle of frustration. Does Cryptic really want PvP to be this toxic of an environment? An IL-based queue system is necessary here, and I think it is the best viable option to discourage leavers.

To be honest, in a really lopsided PvP, I go eat breakfast, or fold laundry, or do something productive with my time. It's one thing when it's just one lopsided match, but when all of them are lopsided? I will fight in matches where fighting will make a difference. Hell, sometimes I go for the 'died the most' accomplishment. Most the time, I am not wasting (more) of my life just for a paltry 250 glory and a pat on the back for not leaving.

I go and pet my cat or plug in my guitar, if i really don't care and wanna have some fun, that means if i play PVP since Mod 6.

Hell, the entire PVP is so messed up, that with my PVP geared TR (no perma) with rank 8s, vorpal, currently only soulforged enchant, nearly all boons i can only do some minor damage to a full rank 12, transcendent negation enchanted char. By he time i would do some damage, the others are there and end of story, i can either run all playtime and do some pick pocketing or i can leave and hope for a stronger group on my side.

Before Mod 6 this wasn't so bad! They actually told us, away with GS item level will stop power creep, well, the kid got another name and the power creep is bigger, than ever.

I was telling long ago, here on Forums, that all the rank 12s and transcendent negation especially will kill the fun for everybody beneath them.

So either ELO and brackets or what other games use, only PVP gear and nothing else. Since Cryptic earns a lot on those enchants, i would be satisfied with those brackets and proper ELO, since i don't think they want to miss the profit on selling the materials for rank 12s and transcendent enchants.

Anyway something needs to be done, if they don't want to see PVP getting empty.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Tell you why not.

Not really no, i aint no big pvp'er by any means, nor do u have rank 12 or anything close to that... I have just below 3k item score, with rank 8's and a few 9's and a greater vorpal and normal SF(havent bothered to buy a negoation) and yes i badly want leaver penalty...Currently every stupid GG match is a 10-6/7 players in a matter of minuts, because a bunch of pussies apperently are so afraid to get their ego stomped, that they better leave if the match isnt a instant win.
  • nuudlznuudlz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    [...] Actually only those big PVP guilds want it, [...]

No player of any well known pvp guild even posted in this thread nor recommended it in any other thread.
    It is unbearable, that in the current system big PVP guilds made an agreement under the hood and they have split the cake amongst them.

There's no super duper illuminati agreement. People mostly just talk to each other - that's all.
    The Zisters' Magazine - Subscribe now and you'll never run out of style.

We are always looking for new models --- Borderline Fashiondolls ---
    edited May 2015
    nuudlz wrote: »
    No player of any well known pvp guild even posted in this thread nor recommended it in any other thread.

There's no super duper illuminati agreement. People mostly just talk to each other - that's all.

That isn't going to go anywhere good. For so many reasons. Just want to note that people post their own opinions and those opinions do not have to represent the opinion of their guild.
  • mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    icyphish wrote: »

OTOH, I would prefer an IQ test for GG.

Seriously.

The people who queue for GG PvP between lv60~69... these people are brain-dead.
    edited May 2015
    First of all i would like to thank you, that you did get the message mate, i wanted to get through!

No, i would never ever want to hurt anybody, who is a decent and legit player, on the contrary i am fighting my endless fight for the little man.

You are a decent chap, but you know too, most aren't and that's why we would finally need some order in this chaos, called PVP.

It is unbearable, that in the current system big PVP guilds made an agreement under the hood and they have split the cake amongst them. The entire week is divided between them and on top of all this, each day 2 of them team up against PUGs. Fisrt this was only the case in Domination, now GG PVP is infected too.

Where should the casual PVP lover go now for his daily fun?

Cryptic has to decide actually whether they encourage this little pact and let PVP only be a playground for the whales or they wanna see more players coming into PVP enjoying themselves and finally bring some order. Nobody else can do it, no matter how much we write here, it's all useless, unless a Cryptic official makes the deciding move.

Hell, it is so funny in an ironic sense, that it really feels like politics in real life, not some part of a game.

I hope Cryptic gets the message, that more little players bring more to the table, than only few whales.

This lady's (i presume, if not sorry) comment stands for the "fun", that PVP is now currently:

I go and pet my cat or plug in my guitar, if i really don't care and wanna have some fun, that means if i play PVP since Mod 6.

Hell, the entire PVP is so messed up, that with my PVP geared TR (no perma) with rank 8s, vorpal, currently only soulforged enchant, nearly all boons i can only do some minor damage to a full rank 12, transcendent negation enchanted char. By he time i would do some damage, the others are there and end of story, i can either run all playtime and do some pick pocketing or i can leave and hope for a stronger group on my side.

Before Mod 6 this wasn't so bad! They actually told us, away with GS item level will stop power creep, well, the kid got another name and the power creep is bigger, than ever.

I was telling long ago, here on Forums, that all the rank 12s and transcendent negation especially will kill the fun for everybody beneath them.

So either ELO and brackets or what other games use, only PVP gear and nothing else. Since Cryptic earns a lot on those enchants, i would be satisfied with those brackets and proper ELO, since i don't think they want to miss the profit on selling the materials for rank 12s and transcendent enchants.

Anyway something needs to be don't, if they don't want to see PVP getting empty.

Thanks. Things are what they are. Tiered ques are a good idea. There is a lot the little guy can do to help himself. I see a lot of blame at PvP guilds and cryptic and not so much people asking how they can get better as players. That says a lot.
    edited May 2015
    I want to add, on the subject of guilds, there are a ton of really solid PvP guilds that are not the monolithic PvP guilds people think of. If a person feels those big name guilds are somehow institutions that oppress PvP, their best bet is to join a PvP guild that is not one of the ones they don't like. Or form a guild. There are a ton of good solo PvP players or players from dead guilds floating around, looking for a home.
  • mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    I want to add, on the subject of guilds, there are a ton of really solid PvP guilds that are not the monolithic PvP guilds people think of. If a person feels those big name guilds are somehow institutions that oppress PvP, their best bet is to join a PvP guild that is not one of the ones they don't like. Or form a guild. There are a ton of good solo PvP players or players from dead guilds floating around, looking for a home.

I understand you having joined one would influence your personal opinion. but people have been suffering for a long time against some of the worst experiences you can have in-game, which come courtesy of guilds and their senseless, heartless grief runs.

I've been on the MMORPG scene for more than 20 years now, and sorry, no. The reality of PvP guilds is, yes, not all black and dark some people say, but also not all pink and roses like you'd rather have others see.

In retrospect, you should be talking to the guilds to have them set an ethical, sportsmanship-based code of conduct rather than try to convince people who have been abused for such a long time.
    edited May 2015
    I understand you having joined one would influence your personal opinion. but people have been suffering for a long time against some of the worst experiences you can have in-game, which come courtesy of guilds and their senseless, heartless grief runs.

I've been on the MMORPG scene for more than 20 years now, and sorry, no. The reality of PvP guilds is, yes, not all black and dark some people say, but also not all pink and roses like you'd rather have others see.

In retrospect, you should be talking to the guilds to have them set an ethical, sportsmanship-based code of conduct rather than try to convince people who have been abused for such a long time.

I've been in nwo pvp guilds on different accounts since the join date on this one. Many of those guilds no longer exist or have morphed into newer versions. I came back to the game after a break a few months ago and solo pugged until recently.

Being careful about what one says about specific guilds is just a matter of not painting good legit friends with the same broad brush you mean for some other individual or subset.

There is something of a embryonic legit movement but everyone is so butthurt on so many levels it never really gains traction. My ethic is simply to not be butthurt no matter what. That's the only way to do anything productive as a group. Seriously so much butthurt, hatred, hypocrisy. "Conceal what is broken and bugged and exploitive about what I or my guild does while pointing the finger at other classes and players and guilds". That gets everyone nowhere.

There is no agreed upon standard for ethical play. It is like the american revolutionary movement: it never gets anywhere because the revolutionaries can't agree on what comes AFTER.

And even if somehow most of us could agree, and guilds start kicking out or penalizing infractions...that **** turns into a witch hunt real quick. Makes me think of the faith militant in game of thrones.
    edited May 2015
    nuudlz wrote: »

LOL, who spoke here about the illuminati, don't be silly.

The thing, that none of those spoke here about this under their normal player name means, what? Nothing.

Just look at PVP and look who are the advisor to Cryptic PVP Devs and then we can talk. No secret at all, no conspiracy, just the will to rule that part of the game.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

edited May 2015

Love the idea, like it's used in many martial art sports, where it is actually a shame and brake of that code of honor to "slaughter" an innocent or on the tatami laying opponent.

Yes, i have seen good sportsmanship from some guild members too, when they let us cap nodes for points and all we did was fooling around or chat, until match time finished, but these moments are pretty rare, most times those big guys steamroll over us with zero hesitation and when i invite some of them for a "naked" fight, only with MH and OH weapon, well suddenly they disappear.

Nothing more to add really, proper ELO and brackets, only then can one play on the same turf and show, what he is capable of.

Let skill do the talk, not the credit card.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

edited May 2015
    ^^^ @matthias

Is your experience of them that bad? You don't have friends in those guilds who invite you in a premade when 2 guildies wanna roll together? More than full on guild premades I see friends from different guilds duoing and its like hey let's get some guildies to fill out the party and rock a solid party comp.

How many horrible random pug players do you have to suffer before you stop quing solo and start tightening the circle of people you'll team with?? Even someone with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear is 100x more valuable for simply knowing the basics and playing for the win.

That circle also means you don't mercilessly crush your friends aka those you also often team with. It isn't elitism it is people tired of trying to win matches alone because their pug teams are too stupid or careless to even have a fighting chance.

Ya my anger is for people who enter Dom with no will to actually win. They have caused me more losses than being pitted against guild premades. By far.

Not everyone's experience is the same. I am just stunned to read it is so severely different than mine.
    edited May 2015
    ^^^ @matthias

Is your experience of them that bad? You don't have friends in those guilds who invite you in a premade when 2 guildies wanna roll together? More than full on guild premades I see friends from different guilds duoing and its like hey let's get some guildies to fill out the party and rock a solid party comp.

How many horrible random pug players do you have to suffer before you stop quing solo and start tightening the circle of people you'll team with?? Even someone with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear is 100x more valuable for simply knowing the basics and playing for the win.

That circle also means you don't mercilessly crush your friends aka those you also often team with. It isn't elitism it is people tired of trying to win matches alone because their pug teams are too stupid or careless to even have a fighting chance.

Ya my anger is for people who enter Dom with no will to actually win. They have caused me more losses than being pitted against guild premades. By far.

Not everyone's experience is the same. I am just stunned to read it is so severely different than mine.

My experiences are very bad, yes, i can't talk about it, cause it is not allowed here, but yeah.

I was actually invited by a few highly known PVP guilds to roll with them and did a few times. I even had invites to join, which kinda makes me feel good.

My problem is that i was born into an old family with old values and i tend to keep live according to it.

One time i was talking with a guy, who invited me. I told him, sorry i am not a whale i can't afford more on my chars. He replied, we would take care of that... We all know, what i could write here and how it is done, but i don't want any troubles.

Anyway, thank you mate for the understanding!
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

edited May 2015
    We need to talk when I come back to the game. Am out involuntarily for a short period of time.
    edited May 2015
    We need to talk when I come back to the game. Am out involuntarily for a short period of time.

Sure mate!
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

edited May 2015
    greyloche wrote: »
    not until they make it so no premades. i just got in a group where the other side had 8 paladins. now people are just getting ridiculous.

Lol 8 paladins...that's just a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> move.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    greyloche wrote: »
    not until they make it so no premades. i just got in a group where the other side had 8 paladins. now people are just getting ridiculous.

At least you can see them.
    Remember the times when 80% of groups were TRs? Which is everything between mod 1 and 5?
  • olafthegreatolafthegreat Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i think the penalty has to go.... i dc a lot and its unjustified how i get a penalty when i log back in.. GG is even greater lag then domination or atleast let the system know the difference between dc and pressing the leave button.....
  • dam182dam182 Member Posts: 40
    edited June 2015
    I agree with GG penalty, I just can't finish a solid game in that thing. If some noobish stupid team mate dies twice, it quits...