test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Two things to balance the Paladin

openforbreakfastopenforbreakfast Member Posts: 615 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PvP Discussion
When I rolled a brand new Paladin in Mod 6 I had no idea what to expect since the dear devs pretty much ****ed up things on Preview at the time so I stopped testing.

Fact is Mod 6 brought us a lot of extremely broken things which I will not list again. I'd rather devote this to two Paladin issues. One I consider as game breaking, the other has never been a problem for me but I agree with the popular opinion about it.

So lets go:

1) Justice capstone reduces artifact cooldown - self explanatory, must be fixed ASAP

2) Divine Judgement - now let me say this, my Paladin has never been 1shot by DJ. Not even once. He is 3k IL in PVP gear built tanky. On the other hand I have 1 or 2shotted many other Paladins with it. So, it does matter how you are built and how you play. That being said I propose a 50% damage reduction to DJ for PVP only

Lets make sure the devs see this and hopefully work on it sooner rather than later.

Apostle Grunbeld@Azzi approves the above

507268317.png
Post edited by openforbreakfast on

Comments

• Options
    dizonyxdizonyx Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    3) Remove AP generation when daily buff (Divine Protector, Shield of Faith, Heroism) active.
    Because OP can use eternal DP or SoF without any delay and sometimes use both.
  • Options
    aristofanusaristofanus Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Stop attacking DJ!! or remove SE from TR at least then -))
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Unless you're a GWF or SW it is very easy to dodge. The issue with the OP is that they're so weak and feeble that you continue to attack them and miss their animation going off.
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Divine Judgment needs to be looked at.
    Granted, OP is more of a support class and it excels in that role, it would make sense for a daily, which is also their only very damaging skill, to have high base damage.
    However, that base damage is capable of practically one-shotting anything. GWFs can pull out some ridiculous spike damage but that requires a full rotation and some set up. DJ's damage is just a bit too high.

Then again, DJ isn't the big problem. Between nearly infinite Temp HP, beefy heals, and perma-interrupts, DJ is the least of our worries.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Justice capstone reduces artifact cooldown - self explanatory, must be fixed ASAP
    GMC came out and said, check the Dev tracker, that Justice Capstone is fixed though not sure when it will go live.

As for Divine Judgement, no big deal on my end, but then again I'm not really a PvPer... lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015

"Two wrongs don't make a right"
  • Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I would suggest Devs, if they have time, keep Divine Judgement current damge, but change it from "a holy beam 1 shot on target" to a ground area aoe like Icy Terrain. Thus,

1. For PVP, player are able to run out of the aoe area unless they lose their minds.

2. For PVE, DJ will still dulling grate damage to mods and mods won't run out of the aoe area
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    fastrean3 wrote: »
    I would suggest Devs, if they have time, keep Divine Judgement current damge, but change it from "a holy beam 1 shot on target" to a ground area aoe like Icy Terrain. Thus,

1. For PVP, player are able to run out of the aoe area unless they lose their minds.

2. For PVE, DJ will still dulling grate damage to mods and mods won't run out of the aoe area

Not a bad idea. Just for the sake of argument if we assume it does 100k damage:
    1. turn it into a small-radius AoE (slightly wider than HR Rain of Arrows, but not as wide as Smokebomb) that brings down a pillar of light from the sky

2. AoE will tick around 7.5k damage every 0.5 seconds for 5 seconds - activation time of power much faster than it is now.

3. So, basically, max damage nerfed by around 25% but the power is turned to a fast-tick DoT AoE

If a person immediately reacts he'll get only 2~3 ticks hit for around 15k~22.5k... strong but not too threatening damage by today's standards, but if someone remains oblivious to what's going on and reacts too late... and ends up remaining within the AoE 3~4 seconds then the damage quickly 6~8 ticks and racks up to 45k~60k. If the paladin gets CC support and manages to keep the target for full 5 seconds, then full 10 ticks received for 75k damage.

Some will say, "feh, a 25% damage nerf is too extreme" but really, it's turned into an AoE. With good teamwork you'll be hitting multiple enemies with the attack (like, imagine Twisting Immolation from a CW complete with Frost Wave class feature, and then bam.. DJ.. your entire opponent team is sKrewed)

For PvE purposes, any PvErs would immediately understand this is huge profit despite the damage nerf -- a minorly nerfed DJ that hits in AoE? Heck, yeah.

So in PvP, the "1-shot" is curbed, gives some time for the opponent to react for damage control, but still makes it possible for big damage if the situation is right. In PvE, for the tradeoff in damage Oppais receive a potent AoE attack. This is what I'd call a Win-Win.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just those two? What about aura of true permadaze?
  • Options
    greatweaponarmygreatweaponarmy Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    GMC came out and said, check the Dev tracker, that Justice Capstone is fixed though not sure when it will go live.

As for Divine Judgement, no big deal on my end, but then again I'm not really a PvPer... lol

Then why are you posting in the PVP section exactly?

Anyways... Aura of TRUTH artifact off-hand bonus needs to be looked at. It's basically a perma-daze/interrupt without the Paladin doing anything.
  • Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Just those two? What about aura of true permadaze?

Add a icd or totaly change it to target's damge debuff
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    fastrean3 wrote: »
    Add a icd or totaly change it to target's damge debuff

Or maybe we should just repeat the lame excuses HRs tell others; "GWF Unstoppable, SW shadowslip, TR ITC, GF Block.. so no problem. If you don't have CC breakers to use against perma-CC, you should just accept the fact that some classes are natural counters to others".
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Or maybe we should just repeat the lame excuses HRs tell others; "GWF Unstoppable, SW shadowslip, TR ITC, GF Block.. so no problem. If you don't have CC breakers to use against perma-CC, you should just accept the fact that some classes are natural counters to others".

Permadaze from HR and Paladin are completely different things. Whereas HR dazes when he attacks you, Paladin only dazes you when you attack him.
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Hi am Mirrorballs I play Tr and Hr can daze me so I cant run around killing others at lesure is that right?
    Shouldn't I as Tr be able to kill anything and then get away and kill next I seen rogues in other games do that plz nerf Hrs.

I am not a broken LP record i just like to write this on every thread i can all the time because its not FAIR they can daze me those pesky Hrs plz agree with me plz do that so I can play mr Tr as I want...

Devs plz nerf Hrs they can daze me ITS NOT FAIR .........................
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    Permadaze from HR and Paladin are completely different things. Whereas HR dazes when he attacks you, Paladin only dazes you when you attack him.
    Exactly.
    And if you have any kind of DoT, that daze may be quite...neverending.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Have you tried to be geared yet?

You know, actual pvp gear with some defense instead of 1500ilvl quest greens?

I rarely can one shot anyone in pvp WHO DOES HAVE PVP GEAR FOR LVL 70.

But I one shot often people who run around with lvl 60 gear thinking they are pro.
  • Options
    ninefingers222ninefingers222 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am a fully BiS GWF (yes in PvP gear), and in my guild there are 2 Paladins that can oneshot me if I don't deflect their DJ, 105K HP gone in one DJ, those Pallies are pretty much BiS, full boon, pvp gear, my guild is EoA, I know a few other OPs from other PvP guild that can do the same ...
    If you aren't one shotting, either your build is not that good, you aren't applying your buffs/debuffs, you aren't geared enough, or/and are missing boons .

Just because you can't do it, doesn't mean better players cant .
    Essence of Aggression, OG PvP GWF
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    marnival wrote: »
    Hi am Mirrorballs I play Tr and Hr can daze me so I cant run around killing others at lesure is that right?
    Shouldn't I as Tr be able to kill anything and then get away and kill next I seen rogues in other games do that plz nerf Hrs.

I am not a broken LP record i just like to write this on every thread i can all the time because its not FAIR they can daze me those pesky Hrs plz agree with me plz do that so I can play mr Tr as I want...

Devs plz nerf Hrs they can daze me ITS NOT FAIR .........................

Yep. Good ol' Marni.

The past discussions where EVERYONE except HRs cleary objected to perma-CCing, of course, simply doesn't exist in your head. Just erase from your memory what's uncomfortable. That would make life so easy for everyone, won't it? LOL
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    "couple of the month" ---> marny and mirror 4ever <---

yes like valindras aoe, but please keep out the knights that spawn from the mushrooms
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Yep. Good ol' Marni.

The past discussions where EVERYONE except HRs cleary objected to perma-CCing, of course, simply doesn't exist in your head. Just erase from your memory what's uncomfortable. That would make life so easy for everyone, won't it? LOL

Yep never mind the all Hr says put Idc in Daze make root dodgeball but fix our class first.

Never mind you dont care about Hr as long as you can nerf anything you dont like with your Tr.

Never mind you accuse others for wanted to nerf Tr without class knowledge and then does the same for Hr class.

Never mind that Tr is the strongers class and Hr is the weakest and you still want to nerf Hrs.

Never mind alot about little cluless Mirrorballs i want to play my Tr without interference from other classes.

Oh and never mind this is not a Hr thread and you still scream NERF HRs in a paladin thread says it all little Mirrorballs/Kweassa Clown.
  • Options
    aristofanusaristofanus Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I did quite a lot of PVP with GS around 3k - and now let's see whom Paladin can "one-shot". let's keep in mind that DJ animation is quite slow, and practically when pala raises his hands it's plenty of time to understand that he casts DJ.
    1. TR - almost impossible to land DJ due to dodge, ITC and sudden going to stealth.
    2. CW - very hard to land DJ due to teleport - only when CW is run out of dodges, which smart CW never does fighting pala. Also useless when shield is active.
    3. GF - he shieds up and u hit for around 10-15k...
    4. HR - shifting + mara escape, pretty hard also.
    5. DC - again smart shifting - and yr chance to hit with DJ is around 30%, unless uber-defence DC stands and heals itself laughing -))
    6. GWF - best target for DJ, but if he is in unstoppable damage of DJ is ridiculous, also some tricky GWF use sprint when i cast DJ and avoid it permanently
    7. SW - not sure abt them, sorry
    8. Pala - 100% hit - he can't avoided or shift it, but he can response with the same blow -))
    So who is complaining abt one shotting with DJ? only SW and GWF to some extent has a right for it.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I did quite a lot of PVP with GS around 3k - and now let's see whom Paladin can "one-shot". let's keep in mind that DJ animation is quite slow, and practically when pala raises his hands it's plenty of time to understand that he casts DJ.
    1. TR - almost impossible to land DJ due to dodge, ITC and sudden going to stealth.
    2. CW - very hard to land DJ due to teleport - only when CW is run out of dodges, which smart CW never does fighting pala. Also useless when shield is active.
    3. GF - he shieds up and u hit for around 10-15k...
    4. HR - shifting + mara escape, pretty hard also.
    5. DC - again smart shifting - and yr chance to hit with DJ is around 30%, unless uber-defence DC stands and heals itself laughing -))
    6. GWF - best target for DJ, but if he is in unstoppable damage of DJ is ridiculous, also some tricky GWF use sprint when i cast DJ and avoid it permanently
    7. SW - not sure abt them, sorry
    8. Pala - 100% hit - he can't avoided or shift it, but he can response with the same blow -))
    So who is complaining abt one shotting with DJ? only SW and GWF to some extent has a right for it.

Yea in 1-1 but hey a smart Pal uses it on cced targets or targets bizzy focusing another target.

In premade vs premade really who cares its not important its 0,1% of the matches going on 99.9 % of the players dont care about the elitist stupid premade glamour show.

Reality is that as a pal i can always find a good target as long as I wait for right circumstances.
    You can also use 2 enounters for 30-50 % higher damage on it if your in a good group making more or less sure it 1 shots target.

100% immunity to party from a daily for 20 sec is also to strong in pvp it makes for boring long no fun matches if one pal in both teams and a great imbalance if pal in only 1 team.
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Any kind of perma CC needs to be removed. The aura which grant daze could instead cast cleanse on allies once every "X" sec.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    Any kind of perma CC needs to be removed. The aura which grant daze could instead cast cleanse on allies once every "X" sec.
    The aura is bugged, its suppose to CC target 10% of the time, not with every tic.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Then why are you posting in the PVP section exactly?
    Because the answer to one of your concerns was directly addressed by the GMC in a different thread, and I figured you'd like to know... :cool:

Also, cause I can post wherever I want, as can you. What a novel idea, right!?!? :p

Keep on fighting that good fight bud, you're always entertaining! lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    greatweaponarmygreatweaponarmy Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Because the answer to one of your concerns was directly addressed by the GMC in a different thread, and I figured you'd like to know... :cool:

Also, cause I can post wherever I want, as can you. What a novel idea, right!?!? :p

Keep on fighting that good fight bud, you're always entertaining! lol

I'll let one pass because of your americanized, bearded Paladin.

Carry on buddy!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I'll let one pass because of your americanized, bearded Paladin.

Carry on buddy!
    Sounds like a plan good sir, keep on rocking! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif