What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.45.20150515a.1

Comments

• Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Will there be a patch tomorrow 5/28/2015?
  • Options
    loosestellaloosestella Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    FFS. Waiting for an update is the equivalent to watching paint dry.
    Yup, its as if we bought what we thought was a home (with our attention, time and for many, money) but instead it was a hotel room, and mod 6 was checkout day.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    the line talk about the companion and enchant means feytouched and blade?:) i hope so.
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Strum just posted on Arc that usual patch time with these patch notes are going in.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9254223-patch-notes%3A-nw.45.20150515a.1
  • Options
    kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    [*]Added a new set of armor, Thayan Servitor, iLevel 120 Rare quality. It is sold in the Campaign store and costs 75 Vanguard Scrip, 50 Thayan Scrolls, and 6 Thayan Ciphers per piece.

BUG:
    Unfortunately the Thayan Servitor equipement is NOT in the campaign store. Campaign Store opens a window for Collections.
  • Options
    nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It seems like they are pretty happy with where the game is, I mean whatever they take away they add something else like x item now drops 3 times more BUT you must turn in 5x more of x item to complete quest... the only difficulty they lowered is tiamat which had to be because they made it impossible.

It kinda reminds me of Noah's Arcade in Wayne's World when the old guy was talking about kids pumping quarters into a video game that was actually impossible to beat while he chuckled and counted his mochisimo ;)
  • Options
    perchloricperchloric Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So ... what was the actual bug in Aura of Solitude? did it hit too hard, def too much, not turn on when it should have ... ? What is the actual "fix" that is going to be happening?
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Still no fix to aspect of the serpent. Still no fix to roots not having armor penetration. Still no fix to plant growth (a GIANT PILE OF ROOTS) having no synergy with trapper feats, because it doesn't count as grasping roots. How about you just give the HRs a mythic bottle of lube to go with the mythic Log of Thorns you've violated us with?

And oh yeah, still no word on 'looking into' the transparently anti-player nerf to dragon's hoard enchantments.
    I'd really prefer to be polite. If I felt a bit less abused by the ongoing disaster of mod 6 I would be.
  • Options
    senterionosenteriono Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    all the bad kids come on here and cry don't they
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2015

• Icewind Dale: Heroic Encounters now also award Refinement Stones. Awards range from 1,000 Refinement Points for small Heroic Encounters all the way up to 11,000 for the most challenging ones.

Woohoo! Only 311 Heroic Encounters to upgrade ONE artifact to 60th level! And only 3,847 to get it to 100th level.

Let's see at about 10 minutes/HE....52 hours straight to 60th, or 642 hours straight to 100th!
    ...or for those of us that actually work for a living and can only put in about 5-6 hours a week,
    that's about 9 weeks of just HE grinding to 60th and TWO YEARS and 6 months of nothing but HE grinding.

That sounds like some serious fun right there.
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Disappointment again and again...

Where are those "old" and nice other dungeons, that were supposedly taken off for re work? Game is pretty boring with the lack of content.

Where are the new things promised by the producer, those 4 new things, etc.

When will be the maps and the 1 shot trash Mob issue addressed? Most zones, like IWD are empty as a spaghetti western town.

When will Spinward Rise, VT and MC get a re work? They literally kill people with their LAG and rubber banding.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    Woohoo! Only 311 Heroic Encounters to upgrade ONE artifact to 60th level! And only 3,847 to get it to 100th level.

Let's see at about 10 minutes/HE....52 hours straight to 60th, or 642 hours straight to 100th!
    ...or for those of us that actually work for a living and can only put in about 5-6 hours a week,
    that's about 9 weeks of just HE grinding to 60th and TWO YEARS and 6 months of nothing but HE grinding.

That's called content now! Mod 6!
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    axhind77axhind77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015

• Resolved some cases where a companion or enchantment powers would multiply with themselves to deal more damage than intended.

This means Feytouched and Jagged Dancing Blade have been fixed? Yeaaaaaa
    The lack of updates on others front makes me cheers only for bugfixes...
  • Options
    stevewhiteravenstevewhiteraven Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Lovely lots more refinement on drops and rewards pity my toons mostly cant do them alone ..except the oathbound paladin lol i want my HR to be able to solo dailies etc like he used to TBH like many i see i am looking for another game which is a shame because i loved playing Neverwinter and its ruined the post 70 is impossible without spending too much on refinement i don't mind spending on a game but the cost to refine equip to a lvl where i might be able to solo is 1000s not something i am in a position to do or have a will to do .

I think because of this a lot of players are leaving i see the guild i was in not one of them plays anymore (well thats not true i do and one other who left the guild i assume he still plays )
  • Options
    metalsabrwolfmetalsabrwolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    axhind77 wrote: »
    This means Feytouched and Jagged Dancing Blade have been fixed? Yeaaaaaa
    The lack of updates on others front makes me cheers only for bugfixes...

we shall see on this one all i have to say.:cool:
  • Options
    jamila200jamila200 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Aspect of the serpent isn't fixed in this path either and my HR needs it to do the most damage as trapper
  • Options
    adent086adent086 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for the extra RP awards I guess. Its a drop of water in an ocean of need for RP; but hey, I guess its better than getting drug out in the yard and repeatedly kicked in the groin; like what happened with the mod 6 release.

Oh, now if you could just do something about all of the dozens of SKILLS THAT ARE STILL BROKEN and the COMPLETELY BEYOND REASON RAMPED UP DIFFICULTY IN END GAME DAILY ZONES; you know, so that the entire community could actually GET these new rewards you are releasing, that would be awesome pumpkins. ;)

Also, since you put two sets of (very poor stat choice) gear in Sharendar and Dread Ring, how about a purple set (with a lot better stat choices) available for campaign currency in the well of Dragons? I just put that here as an example of the type of rewards you are going to have to start handing out to get your player base back and playing again. Just trying to help. Hope your listening.

Peace.
    Telling us about upcoming content updates, and getting those updates out the door BUG-FREE, is *AWESOME*!! Know what's even *MORE* awesome? Fixing game breaking bugs (and/or undocumented "features") that have been in EXISTING content for months/years!!! Guess which one makes me want to spend money on a game much more than the other? Hint: It's the "more awesome" one.
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    eldarth wrote: »

- They literally have no clue how long it takes... Like.. not a CLUE
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    amvek wrote: »
    This would be an excellent live stream event! Could you guys run 25 people at exactly 1800 IL in Tiamat on live stream! It would be interesting to see if it could actually be done by 25 people with 1800 IL.

I would also love to see you run all the tier 2 dungeons on live stream with the recommended IL and see if it is possible to do them legit no shortcuts or bugs!

--- I second this!!!!! I will buy each Developer a car if they can do this lol. No bugs, all WAI, no shortcuts... Just normal gear, at the minimum item level. Each of you, a car if you did it
  • Options
    keenan800keenan800 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    are you guys going to make it so you can some how get all the old lvl 60 dungeon gear for the ppl who want to finish collections, example set im talking about the fabled iliyanbruen armor and weapons, because id really like to finish my sets off that are only missing a piece or 2
  • Options
    bannynbannyn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    We could really use an update on when something is going to happen to make the majority of end game campaign zones playable for a solo character with companion. Not that I'm not enjoying Sword Coast Adventures, but when will I be able to play my SW in Wod OR IWD or my other 70s in.. pretty much any campaign zone? Ditto my husband cannot do anything in the game right now on most of his characters. He is playing other games. :( Please give us a timeline here.
    Thank you!

P.S. I have sought advice but it seems like the best answer is : "Do PVP for the gear"- but I am causal (as is he) and we are not pvpers. Remember, us newer (and non-pvp) people do not have full sets of boons, high end enchantments, etc etc. and we need to be able to play too! :)

P.P.S. I'm a little freaked out at the lack of replies to this.... yikes- it's been up for hours and only 3 posts?

THIS EXACTLY!!! Not everyone HAS the boons (they are trying to get them) or high end enchantmens but would like to solo with companion the Dread Ring Sharandlar (sp) and, icewind dale and well of dragons to get this stuff. Sometimes you just can't find people to do stuff with and sometimes you just do not want to! I'm not talking elite dungeons and skirmishes.,
  • Options
    bannynbannyn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    and also why can't you increase the artifact gear in the dread ring and shandalar (sp) to 70th but increase its costs. yes I CAN buy the 60th level but why in heck would I want to buy that and spend a huge amount of recourses to upgrade it only to need or want the 70th level versions and later have to do the same. some of us cant spend 20 hours a day harvesting stuff or spend 100 dollars a week on this game. stop punishing honest players for the spambots and cheaters out there.
  • Options
    imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    freshour wrote: »
    --- I second this!!!!! I will buy each Developer a car if they can do this lol. No bugs, all WAI, no shortcuts... Just normal gear, at the minimum item level. Each of you, a car if you did it

A real car or a toy car
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    boyjimmboyjimm Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey There,

Foreword: This is my first post here - not because I'm new, it's because I've never had an issue that i felt would be HELPED if posted here. Being in development myself, I get the fact of how much control the devs actually have on the decisions they make in the game regarding monetary issues.

I still have NO complaints. A broken system patched by temporary bug fixes again and again is a sign of bad programming/design ability (seriously - the blade bug? companions and powers multiplying with themselves - that's an example of a late night sleep deprived based code). It's evident that the best that was expected of the Neverwinter team is gone and IT WAS A **** ENJOYABLE ONE. Just to keep things clear, I AM A P2W PVPer. Not the extreme kind, but I have put in a significant amount of money into this game (4 digits). The last MMORPG I played was Shaiya - and it went the EXACT SAME WAY. From being the most beloved game to a ghost town.
    Have you asked yourself why P2W players bother trying to get things fixed? We need players - all kinds - to actually have fun. TBH sometimes I'd feel a little better if I could frag some of the PVErs doing their pvp dailies - this is a due from the FREE TO PLAY players - You occasionally REPAY us for the money we spent (EARNED BY ACTUALLY WORKING) in keeping this game up so you guys can wake up and whine about it (non-whiners/pvpers (you guys know who you are) - I love you!). This means that every player is important to this game as long the game is meant to go on. Every time any corporation tries to make it's donators the focus and makes things just to get them to spend that extra 10$ over the already spent $2k for something redundant, it simply means they have lost interest in the product. You are putting more value on that 10 than on making the 2000 hold it's value. This is along the lines blackmail - if we cave in once, then it's forever. Understandably there are still P2W players who will go extra lengths to get back on top (competitiveness with lack-of-real-world-skills = classic overcompensation (best candidates for blackmail lol).

So my question is simple - Do the devs still have any love for this game? I'm not saying they should do the live-streams and such - I've seen the devs do PVP and it's evident they have no idea how to play - which is okay, just because they code it doesn't mean they get the time to learn the game. If the devs have even the slightest doubt in the game, they owe it to the players to let them know. However legally you may be bound to NOT to do so. So this leaves all of us in a tight spot - None of us want to the rats on a sinking ship.
    If the answer is a FIRM yes, then bring yourself to wash your face and tell yourself why you started this path - maybe somewhere along the line you'd have a game that you had enjoyed seen destroyed - if you can't protect the game you helped nurture, then maybe it's time you moved on to something more up your alley.

No. I refuse to make a noise and thrash around to prove any point. Evolve and let's talk about it. If monkeys can do it, you should have no trouble with it.
  • Options
    sharky445sharky445 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TIMES UP THERE GIRLS CYA WHEN U ACTUALY DO ALOT MORE THEN THE LAST 7 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hmmmmm, refining stones finally drop regularly? Keep it coming and you might actually get me playing this game again. Maybe.

Until then, I shall have to suspend crafting many, many pairs of pants.
This discussion has been closed.