test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Beginners Guide to Successful PvP By Alysin Chains

Comments

• munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If pvp is your passion why did you pick the most broken OP class to play my special snowflake. Make pvp your passion with a GWF or SW. Oh wait... that would take skill :(.

I cannot even get people to pvp because down syndrome kids run around and one shot everything....

Using Down Syndrome as a basis to belittle someone is beyond messed up. You should remove the bucket from your head and slap yourself in the face.

The only thing about TR's that's broken is SoD, and 99% of the top TR's on Xbox don't use it as its <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> VS skilled premade teams.

If every rogue playing is one shotting you, you should stop playing and dumbing down the PvP population with your roflbad skill.
  • blueberry1973blueberry1973 Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2015
    munkey81 wrote: »
    Using Down Syndrome as a basis to belittle someone is beyond messed up. You should remove the bucket from your head and slap yourself in the face.

The only thing about TR's that's broken is SoD, and 99% of the top TR's on Xbox don't use it as its <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> VS skilled premade teams.

If every rogue playing is one shotting you, you should stop playing and dumbing down the PvP population with your roflbad skill.

Dude..... TR is OP and needs a nerf. Lol
    edited May 2015

Well you mise well stop playing PvP then man. If you think TR's are nasty now wait till Mod 6 is released and we have all the missing content.

Heres a vid of a BiS TR completely dumping on other BiS players with just CoS+LoL Set.

https://youtu.be/s8OpEZQKo5M
    edited May 2015
    Well you mise well stop playing PvP then man. If you think TR's are nasty now wait till Mod 6 is released and we have all the missing content.

Heres a vid of a BiS TR completely dumping on other BiS players with just CoS+LoL Set.

https://youtu.be/s8OpEZQKo5M

This is why no one I play with wants to pvp. Lol. Up to the devs but frankly if the goal of this game is to make money they better fix stuff fast. Stop confusing skill, ability, or progression with OP garbage and un balanced classes. As long as you play a rogue you are garbage at pvp. Every game has balance issues but TR and CW are so over tuned it makes pvp meaningless. You start an OP class and run around easy mode and then are content with the current situation. Pathetic....

Tell the devs to fix their game.
  • lazyaxus111lazyaxus111 Member Posts: 65
    edited May 2015

You're incessant whining about TR's is really sort of pointless. TR's is OP against under geared and newer players. Against well geared, skilled players, in or out of a team fight, a TR can get blown up in an encounter rotation.

Granted we do need some small changes, AND SOD glitch needs to go, but other than that you're exaggerating to the point of lunacy.

I'm a little surprised you have 0 mention of HR's being OP or CW's... with the right spec and gear those classes can do some pretty obscene things as well. Rooted for 5 seconds, dazed, while taking 3,400 dmg root ticks?

Also, even while SOD glitching, some of the best DC's in the game were still un-killable 1v1 without some really well timed dazes, luck, and a daily.
    Aeneas/Einherjar/No Skill
    (Iron Lotus)
    Dragon Born Rouge GS 17.6k in Profound

Not to be confused with Rogue, I truly am the red makeup women put on their cheeks.
  • reallyreconreallyrecon Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Stop confusing skill, ability, or progression with OP garbage and un balanced classes. As long as you play a rogue you are garbage at pvp.

Why does this sound so familiar?

Oh, now I remember! It's because it's the same argument used by every scrub sore-loser that gets stomped on in every game I've ever played! WoW, GW2, Age of Conan, Lineage II, ESO, in no particular order... every time somebody loses they blame everything but themselves.

Seriously, your antics are just pitiful at this point. Nobody will ever get through to you because your skull contains concrete in place of brain matter. You need to stop your keyboard-warrior nonsense and go practice PvP. Failing that, you just need to get off the forums entirely because you spout the same overused BS in every single post you make. "ROGUES ARE OP ALL ROGUES ARE BAD NERF PLZ" - we get it. Go back to playing with LEGOs, since you clearly can't hang with the big boys.
    Recon - 60 Cleric
    Gamertag: ReallyRecon
    edited May 2015
    This is why no one I play with wants to pvp. Lol. Up to the devs but frankly if the goal of this game is to make money they better fix stuff fast. Stop confusing skill, ability, or progression with OP garbage and un balanced classes. As long as you play a rogue you are garbage at pvp. Every game has balance issues but TR and CW are so over tuned it makes pvp meaningless. You start an OP class and run around easy mode and then are content with the current situation. Pathetic....

Tell the devs to fix their game.

This game has been thriving since day 1 of Beta on PC. It will continue to thrive on PC, as well as Xbox.

You are a new player and judging by every single whiny post you make about everyone being OP, you are also bad at PvP.

Instead of whining constantly and asking for changes which you know nothing about, how about ask for some help instead?

If you want to get better at PvP in NW stop complaining like a child and figure out what your doing wrong. There are plenty of people with the knowledge to help you out, but making these stupid threads isn't going to get you anywhere in the community, or make you better at the game.
    edited May 2015
    Why does this sound so familiar?

Oh, now I remember! It's because it's the same argument used by every scrub sore-loser that gets stomped on in every game I've ever played! WoW, GW2, Age of Conan, Lineage II, ESO, in no particular order... every time somebody loses they blame everything but themselves.

Seriously, your antics are just pitiful at this point. Nobody will ever get through to you because your skull contains concrete in place of brain matter. You need to stop your keyboard-warrior nonsense and go practice PvP. Failing that, you just need to get off the forums entirely because you spout the same overused BS in every single post you make. "ROGUES ARE OP ALL ROGUES ARE BAD NERF PLZ" - we get it. Go back to playing with LEGOs, since you clearly can't hang with the big boys.

YOU PLAY A ROGUE!!!! PUT ON THE BIG BOY PANTS AND DO SOMETHING THAT TAKES MORE SKILL LIKE FINGER PAINTING OR LEGO BLOCK ASSEMBLY.

This is amazing... you guys pick a no skill OP class and are to naive to understand the difference between skill and the class.

I can't stop laughing. This is so funny.
    edited May 2015
    This game has been thriving since day 1 of Beta on PC. It will continue to thrive on PC, as well as Xbox.

You are a new player and judging by every single whiny post you make about everyone being OP, you are also bad at PvP.

Instead of whining constantly and asking for changes which you know nothing about, how about ask for some help instead?

If you want to get better at PvP in NW stop complaining like a child and figure out what your doing wrong. There are plenty of people with the knowledge to help you out, but making these stupid threads isn't going to get you anywhere in the community, or make you better at the game.

YOU PLAY A ROGUE.... buhahahaha. Wake up special snowflake.
  • azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You're incessant whining about TR's is really sort of pointless. TR's is OP against under geared and newer players. Against well geared, skilled players, in or out of a team fight, a TR can get blown up in an encounter rotation.

Granted we do need some small changes, AND SOD glitch needs to go, but other than that you're exaggerating to the point of lunacy.

I'm a little surprised you have 0 mention of HR's being OP or CW's... with the right spec and gear those classes can do some pretty obscene things as well. Rooted for 5 seconds, dazed, while taking 3,400 dmg root ticks?

Also, even while SOD glitching, some of the best DC's in the game were still un-killable 1v1 without some really well timed dazes, luck, and a daily.
    sorry dude, this "only op against undergeared) doesnt exist. trs are OP period. True pvpers are still going to play pvp and keeping on adapting at the maximum they actually can adapt. But TRs are op and that cannot be denied. PERIOD. Just look at the TRs population in that game. It is funny I have been leveling a warlock, and even the low lvl pvp is crowded with TRs running dragon bone items and even wep enchantments.
    It is not matter of who complain needs to adapt or be better, or gear up. TRs are OP and the community has all the right to complain. Have you heard of something called feedback?
    i agree some people are bad and just cry, but some feedback is legit, and that one is also. even the PC community which has always had a more mature and higher quality pvp than xbox agrees that TRs are OP in mod 5, same way they agreed GWF were OP in mod 3 and asked to nerf the hell of it (which happened)
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
    edited May 2015
    azuosed89 wrote: »
    sorry dude, this "only op against undergeared) doesnt exist. trs are OP period. True pvpers are still going to play pvp and keeping on adapting at the maximum they actually can adapt. But TRs are op and that cannot be denied. PERIOD. Just look at the TRs population in that game. It is funny I have been leveling a warlock, and even the low lvl pvp is crowded with TRs running dragon bone items and even wep enchantments.
    It is not matter of who complain needs to adapt or be better, or gear up. TRs are OP and the community has all the right to complain. Have you heard of something called feedback?
    i agree some people are bad and just cry, but some feedback is legit, and that one is also. even the PC community which has always had a more mature and higher quality pvp than xbox agrees that TRs are OP in mod 5, same way they agreed GWF were OP in mod 3 and asked to nerf the hell of it (which happened)

Excellent, unbiased, and intelligent post. This adapt argument to my OP broken class needs to stop. Are these guys to stupid to realize success is handed to them by a broken class. The true solution is to fix the problem which means frankly TR need a huge nerf.

Call something for what it is....
  • crispyslinky07crispyslinky07 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Excellent, unbiased, and intelligent post. This adapt argument to my OP broken class needs to stop. Are these guys to stupid to realize success is handed to them by a broken class. The true solution is to fix the problem which means frankly TR need a huge nerf.

Call something for what it is....

Your the type of guy that nobody likes but yet still can't get a clue. In your last post you quoted gannicus having no idea your the "some people are just bad and cry"
    Clueless, dumb, and completely non helpful. Go away
    Ant
    < Goon Squad >
  • krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This Blueberry guy is super annoying.

I actually feel bad for Munkey. A genuinely great guide about how to succeed in pvp is turned into another thread about TR's.
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
  • azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    krad777 wrote: »
    This Blueberry guy is super annoying.

I actually feel bad for Munkey. A genuinely great guide about how to succeed in pvp is turned into another thread about TR's.

I agree the guide is very good. I just cannot stand some people pretending the problem with TRs on the mod 5 is only gear.
    the guide is awesome, and I remember an old friend on PC, a tr named blacksheep, probably the best TR I have ever seen playing, trained me in a similar way to counter TRs. It helped a lot and I don't remember losing 1 v 1 on PC for any TR ha. good old times when takedown would prone, roar would root lol. Now it is much more challenging to hit a TR, I just think that SoD, and the excessive long daze duration is what has to be fixed. Other than that TRs are doing what they should be doing.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
    edited May 2015
    your the type of guy that nobody likes but yet still can't get a clue. In your last post you quoted gannicus having no idea your the "some people are just bad and cry"
    clueless, dumb, and completely non helpful. Go away

you play a rogue. Keep living in denial snowflake.

The only thing clueless are the no skills "TR" trying to make the case that easy mode is okay for their special class. Poor guys.

Man up and ask for a change. That is all that needs to happen..
    edited May 2015
    you play a rogue. Keep living in denial snowflake.

The only thing clueless are the no skills "TR" trying to make the case that easy mode is okay for their special class. Poor guys.

Man up and ask for a change. That is all that needs to happen..

Cool, you're totally correct. Every TR that has ever played this game always gets 50 kills and no deaths and one shots every single class 100% of the time. TR's are amazing and easy, press a button and 5 people die. TR's are so amazing, even Chuck Norris is afraid of them in the PvPz.

They did change it. Because of people like you.

Mod 6 TR's are even stronger. Congrats
    edited May 2015
    Cool, you're totally correct. Every TR that has ever played this game always gets 50 kills and no deaths and one shots every single class 100% of the time. TR's are amazing and easy, press a button and 5 people die. TR's are so amazing, even Chuck Norris is afraid of them in the PvPz.

They did change it. Because of people like you.

Mod 6 TR's are even stronger. Congrats

Now that we are in agreement and it gets worse in mod 6 please start a thread asking for TR nerfs. Lets fix this game. Welcome aboard.
  • cybergutscyberguts Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Having a beginner's guide to PVP is good.... But whats the point in talking about Tenacity when anyone new coming into PVP will no have an ounce of a chance in PVP. Why you ask? As ANY gear with Tenacity with its salt can only be purchased with Glory.

And to gain glory, you have to play MANY games to even get enough to buy 1 item that can help. And this is where many people (of which I know a few) do not like PVP due to this fact.
    Erdan Darksbane - Lvl 60 Soulbinder Fury SW
    BamBam - Lvl 30 GWF
    Trevok - Lvl 30 GF
    Wil - Lvl 25 TR (PvP)
  • skeld11skeld11 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I got 3 or 4 blue tenacity pieces from the AH. Still getting rekt but making progress.
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
  • cybergutscyberguts Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    skeld11 wrote: »
    I got 3 or 4 blue tenacity pieces from the AH. Still getting rekt but making progress.

Again, anything worth it's salt can only be purchased with Glory.
    The way I see it, the blue gear with Tenacity is for PVP pre 60. Post 60 due to all the capstones and what not, even with Tenacity on blue gear; PVE t2 gear will trump this blue gear due to the set bonuses and stats.

Which again rolls around to, to actually get a decent foothold in PVP POST 60; you need Glory. And this is the stumbling block that deters many people away, as they do not last more than a few seconds again PVP vets (due to matchmaking issues)
    Erdan Darksbane - Lvl 60 Soulbinder Fury SW
    BamBam - Lvl 30 GWF
    Trevok - Lvl 30 GF
    Wil - Lvl 25 TR (PvP)
    edited May 2015
    I agree with you, but I'm not into PvE so I had to start somewhere. Going to build up the first set and then maybe skip to the third? I do believe you destroyed me earlier.
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
    edited May 2015
    cyberguts wrote: »
    Having a beginner's guide to PVP is good.... But whats the point in talking about Tenacity when anyone new coming into PVP will no have an ounce of a chance in PVP. Why you ask? As ANY gear with Tenacity with its salt can only be purchased with Glory.

And to gain glory, you have to play MANY games to even get enough to buy 1 item that can help. And this is where many people (of which I know a few) do not like PVP due to this fact.

You get a blue item for first place in lvl 60 PvP matches. I just vendor mine, but the AH is full of them for very cheap. Buying those brand new at lvl 60 you should have around 500ish Tenacity. That's plenty to get started.

This game has been out for awhile. You have to expect to run into people with full PvP gear, as there are many people like me, who do nothing but PvP. I can tell you though the very well geared players are definitely the minority in PvP. More often than not you will run into new players just like yourself.

Buy the blue Tenacity gear from the AH, tough it out for a week doing your PvP daily and buy a 4/4 Grim Set.
  • salpicsalpic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nice guide bud 😉
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Level: 0
    Human: Warrior
    Guild: Heavenly
    Position: Leader
    Link: heavenlyguild.mmoguildsites.com
  • phaseadeptphaseadept Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2015
    You get a blue item for first place in lvl 60 PvP matches. I just vendor mine, but the AH is full of them for very cheap. Buying those brand new at lvl 60 you should have around 500ish Tenacity. That's plenty to get started.

This game has been out for awhile. You have to expect to run into people with full PvP gear, as there are many people like me, who do nothing but PvP. I can tell you though the very well geared players are definitely the minority in PvP. More often than not you will run into new players just like yourself.

Buy the blue Tenacity gear from the AH, tough it out for a week doing your PvP daily and buy a 4/4 Grim Set.

I play a Fury Warlock, get killed tons, but can put out serious amounts of damage. My biggest issue is I can only walk out of a match with 100-150 Glory. . .which would put me at the tier 1 set in about 12 years. . . .

I have a character in each class, and I get annoyed at everyone running at my lock and running away from my other toons. I feel as if the warlock is only viable with BiS gear and a complete profound set.
    edited May 2015
    phaseadept wrote: »
    I play a Fury Warlock, get killed tons, but can put out serious amounts of damage. My biggest issue is I can only walk out of a match with 100-150 Glory. . .which would put me at the tier 1 set in about 12 years. . . .

I have a character in each class, and I get annoyed at everyone running at my lock and running away from my other toons. I feel as if the warlock is only viable with BiS gear and a complete profound set.

Try and get a buddy and Q as a duo. Usually all you need is one person to coordinate with for a win.(Usually).

Warlocks are nasty but you are right, you do need extremely good gear and a smart build to not get crapped on by everyone.
    edited May 2015
    phaseadept wrote: »

I was pretty discouraged until I figured out the dailies. There's an extra 1,000 glory a day.
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
    edited May 2015
    Try and get a buddy and Q as a duo. Usually all you need is one person to coordinate with for a win.(Usually).

Warlocks are nasty but you are right, you do need extremely good gear and a smart build to not get crapped on by everyone.

It's still fun, but I'm trying to push my HP to 25k for now. . . I can slip out of an initial lashing blade, and if I deflect it I can kill a decently equipped TR with a single encounter rotation. I hate how harrow storm has such a long casting time, but that prone when ITC is down allows me to place a great crit with no damage mitigation. . .

I'll eventually get the gear. . . about MOD 14 or so hehe
    edited May 2015
    skeld11 wrote: »
    I was pretty discouraged until I figured out the dailies. There's an extra 1,000 glory a day.

Thanks! I forgot about that. 24 days to go ;)
  • matrod14matrod14 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks man! Great guide!

Havocc@Cheer Gurl FiFi
  • tommiekeplertommiekepler Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for the post. I'm starting to see where my weak points are. I usually end up in pugs which are really bad and none of the strategies will ever happen, but I still manage to have fun.

I've been playing NW for about a month now and I have a HR in 4/4 grim with the rest all brutal. I'm still missing some key components, but I feel pretty confident in my build and skill. I have to admit that I'm guilty of chasing kills, but I'm a kill *****... I will definitely take your advice into consideration, but pugs are so disorganized that usually all I can do is try to cap and kill as much as possible.

So since you play TR what is the best way not to get 1 shotted by them aside from the obvious... better gear.