Install Arc
Options

What happened to neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jimmyhar wrote: »
    Yeah. No. That statement would be completely inaccurate.
    Utter nonsense.

Then you weren't paying careful attention to these forums a few months ago.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »

...careful attn would mean, challenging content not obliterating and to not include overwriting areas already challenging for many.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    linoge63 wrote: »
    ...careful attn would mean, challenging content not obliterating.

I personally have not been obliterated in the end. It felt pretty tough at first, but I adapted by changing my playing style and some of my active attacks/powers. I also had to get all the level 70 blue gear I could (which was NOT costly - many pieces for 1-2k AD) to get my HP higher.

I don't mind dying more frequently. The challenge is refreshing, if you can learn to adapt to change.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The challenge is refreshing, if you can learn to adapt to change.

You'll have to excuse a whole lot of people for not viewing blatantly broken enemy difficulty scaling as "refreshing challenge". Especially when it's accompanied by a fair bit of stuff plain not working like it should.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    k3ll0 wrote: »
    You'll have to excuse a whole lot of people for not viewing blatantly broken enemy difficulty scaling as "refreshing challenge". Especially when it's accompanied by a fair bit of stuff plain not working like it should.

Indeed comrad, but i do see through the damage control its meant to function as. dieing as being refreshing....LOL
  • Options
    k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Indeed comrad, but i do see through the damage control its meant to function as. dieing as being refreshing....LOL

Depending on your belief system dying *can* be seen as a fresh start... :P
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    amvek wrote: »
    Mod 6 happened to Neverwinter! Worst mod in the history of the game! It came out unfinished and with the worst bugs, exploits an cheats. Many of these were reported on the test server early on and it was ignored. You can tell it was ignored because it went live! They made most of the top end events unplayable without exploiting or being best in slot!

Mod 6 was an EPIC failure! With mod 7 coming out this summer I would not hold my breath on mod 6 being finished or the major bugs getting fixed!

I actually think one of the Devs is a Sociology PHD candidate and is using the post mod 6 player reactions as part of their study....or, someone inside wants to buy the game and what better way to drop the price thru the NW ice than to slaughter PVEer (the vast majority of the player base and payers) interest by launching a mod unplayable to most of the players...i say most...as there are some that gain relief through getting their butts kicked right into the nearby death firepit.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    k3ll0 wrote: »
    Depending on your belief system dying *can* be seen as a fresh start... :P

I guess that is true. This is the best game now for those who feel at home in the Deathist philosophy. I adopt the Dragon point of view though..of gaining power and wealth through living. We can work together well, when you die, you can donate your goods to ..well me :)
  • Options
    kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I honestly cannot believe how bad this game has become. The behind the scenes truth is that the newest mod was poorly launched, and very poorly bugfixed/balanced after launch. They already announce 2 more modules to come out this year with a giant heaping disaster to play currently. And the icing on the cake, which to me hurts the most, is they are refusing to upgrade their internal hardware so during primetime the most sought after content is lagged out(dragon runs, epic t1/2 content). During primetime using advanced traceroute my friends and I can plainly see from various places around the world that the hiccup in the latency is their gateway to the shard it just can't take the load it recieves. To make it even more depressing I trully believe they dumped Malabog's Castle onto some guys 10 year old laptop in their office as a token "heres another T1 dungeon" display. I trully believe the scaling problem is intended to discourage the numbers of people who would attempt the content on the drastically reduced hardware they have.

Oh and I want my old content back before they give me new content its absolutely bull**** that they took out all those very fun dungeons and replaced them with these watered down 3 party system dungeons that are shorter than skirmishes. I love how you can do all of the starter content without any lag issues as a way to bait you into investing in this game only to have the end content mostly removed or placed out of reach for the majority to wonder wtf happened.

And what drives me crazy of all is that these forums are not filled with this frustration? Do you guys not realize their solution is to let player turnover reduce their numbers down so they dont have to upgrade their hardware?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    kitkathd wrote: »
    I honestly cannot believe how bad this game has become. The behind the scenes truth is that the newest mod was poorly launched, and very poorly bugfixed/balanced after launch. They already announce 2 more modules to come out this year with a giant heaping disaster to play currently. And the icing on the cake, which to me hurts the most, is they are refusing to upgrade their internal hardware so during primetime the most sought after content is lagged out(dragon runs, epic t1/2 content). During primetime using advanced traceroute my friends and I can plainly see from various places around the world that the hiccup in the latency is their gateway to the shard it just can't take the load it recieves. To make it even more depressing I trully believe they dumped Malabog's Castle onto some guys 10 year old laptop in their office as a token "heres another T1 dungeon" display. I trully believe the scaling problem is intended to discourage the numbers of people who would attempt the content on the drastically reduced hardware they have.

Oh and I want my old content back before they give me new content its absolutely bull**** that they took out all those very fun dungeons and replaced them with these watered down 3 party system dungeons that are shorter than skirmishes. I love how you can do all of the starter content without any lag issues as a way to bait you into investing in this game only to have the end content mostly removed or placed out of reach for the majority to wonder wtf happened.

And what drives me crazy of all is that these forums are not filled with this frustration? Do you guys not realize their solution is to let player turnover reduce their numbers down so they dont have to upgrade their hardware?

Well, it seems that unless a full frontal lobotomy is patched in at NW "head"office the D&D glory days will have to revert to the table-tops again.

I dont know where the amazingly wonderful basic graphics and mechanics of the game came from...but whoever is responsible imho is a true modern day wizard. Its really too bad that it is being harnessed in such a way to repel so many.
  • Options
    doidlokodoidloko Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    resume = game its impossible to new players, and this is TRUE.
    New Players = Kick of dungeons.
    PVP = I dont need talk about pvp. all here know.
  • Options
    forcemajureforcemajure Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2015

There definitely were people asking for more challenge. Lots of those were the same people frustrated that the difficulty in Tiamat was being "circumvented" by the zerg strategy. That, of course, should have been a major warning flag for developers - change the nature of the game and the player base will react in unexpected ways.

What I read in those posts was that a lot of players recognized that some of the stat curves, set bonuses, and features had gotten out of balance. They wanted tweaks to get the same game but bring it back in balance. A clear minority of them would have set that balance a bit "tougher." The informed ones, though, seemed to consistently be asking that some of the extremes of player power get smoothed out to bring back challenge.

No one was ever asking for a complete rewrite of the game's core concepts with virtually zero feedback adjustment from testing on a live player base. Did that leave a completely unplayable game for all classes? No. You are right about that. But, it did, just as clearly, kill off a lot of the dynamics that people used to enjoy about the game - things Cryptic should have spotted and adjusted for before such a major rewrite.

I won't get into all the subtle changes in player interactions that Mod 6 generated. Personally, I hate the return to the Boring Trinity. And, I'm not going anywhere near tough group content until the heightened ego/greed issues that all this extra "challenge" brought out get resolved. So, I will instead illustrate my point with the way Mod 6 left a hole right where my favorite class-path used to be.

Anyone seen a Temptation Warlock around this month? Yes, I could still play a Warlock if I want to play with puppets and manage sparks and have a niche DPS role in a few parties dominated by the Holy Duo of the Trinity of Stupidity. But, I invested time in my Warlock because I liked the novelty of a healing damage dealer who had a solo sweet spot (survivability was a function of taking on large groups but not too large) and could help a party in various ways as needed.

That flexibility of design is gone. It was a casualty of Mod 6 which was either done on too much of a shoestring or with too much hubris. Instead of recognizing that the game had a lot of interesting flavors and checking to see that each of these was preserved in some way through the changes (not to mention ensuring that things like the various sub-stories and leveling paths still made sense), Mod 6 slapped together dramatic changes and, at best, left behind a challenge that does seem to mostly be an accident.

Rationalizing this as anything close to what people were asking for is absurd. As you imply, the new content is not hard IF you are playing in one of the few ways the development team seemed to have in the forefront of their minds. Have a tank and healer with all the new gear and some DPS who know how to worship the Duo? Congratulations, the game is easy again. Have an OP to level up? Again, easy does it. Frankly, they didn't even do "challenging" right.

I'm tired of excuses. Cryptic fudged up. End of story.
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Believe it or not, Cryptic DID listen. The majority on these forums wanted more challenging content prior to Mod 6 - there were many comments about that.

Seriously, take a look around these forums - there are many success stories with those who actually analyzed play styles and learned to adapt. If you work on learning new survival strategies and maybe even join a guild and do dungeons as a well-informed team, it is not that bad.

Sorry mate, but i had to laugh!

Following your conclusion, the Devs should have also adapted, but they failed under the best circumstances, even with a ton of whales running around in mythic stuff, in one of the easiest dungeon fights 2 days ago aka Tiamat! I mean this is pretty embarrassing!

Sorry, but i must come with an example, what if we at Mercedes would introduce a new car, that couldn't leave the garage, not with the best Shell petrol.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Well it seems that the game is moving strongly into the direction that unless you are a PVP groupie, ie hold my hand and lets ride into battle as an all for one and one for all sorta thaaang, this game has run its soloable PVE course. Mod 6 makes that clear, and strongholds is the next step.

Yeah, somehow the Devs can't find that pretty easy sweet spot, they somehow shoot always in the wrong direction. Back PVP was a stepchild, a niche in this game, now as it seems, this will be a PVP only game.

It was pretty obvious it would lead to this, since most whales sit in the PVP guilds.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What people wanted was additional content that added more challenge, not cranking up the difficultly on existing content to 11. Especially not in solo zones.

Seriously, this is NOT JUST AN L2P ISSUE. Even the devs admit this. If you don't believe me, go level up a fresh SW/HR/GWF without any twinking and take a stroll through the 'new' and 'challenging' content.

I cant stress the absolute TRUTH of this post.

This is why neverwinter is now just a crafting game to me I will not spend real money on.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I actually think one of the Devs is a Sociology PHD candidate and is using the post mod 6 player reactions as part of their study....or, someone inside wants to buy the game and what better way to drop the price thru the NW ice than to slaughter PVEer (the vast majority of the player base and payers) interest by launching a mod unplayable to most of the players...i say most...as there are some that gain relief through getting their butts kicked right into the nearby death firepit.

Actually what you say is spot on mate!

Most of the Devs isn't an IT man nor did they have anything to do with DnD and if you take a look at LinkedIn, you will see, why Mod 6 became what it is now.

Staff didn't change, despite all the criticism from player base, everybody on their place, this must mean, they are satisfied with their work.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, somehow the Devs can't find that pretty easy sweet spot, they somehow shoot always in the wrong direction. Back PVP was a stepchild, a niche in this game, now as it seems, this will be a PVP only game.

It was pretty obvious it would lead to this, since most whales sit in the PVP guilds.

Which is hilarious.

Seriously, keep solo content at previous difficulty, make group content (ie dungeons) the more difficult, and keep pvp separate from pve except as implemented in IWD (which seemed to work pretty well,

AND make your monies with great cosmetics rather than P2W (our cosmetics are about 2% of the selection we SHOULD have, and our variety is mostly ugly). Devs: check out TERA for a good balance/model.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    thesensai wrote: »
    Which is hilarious.

Seriously, keep solo content at previous difficulty, make group content (ie dungeons) the more difficult, and keep pvp separate from pve except as implemented in IWD (which seemed to work pretty well,

AND make your monies with great cosmetics rather than P2W (our cosmetics are about 2% of the selection we SHOULD have, and our variety is mostly ugly). Devs: check out TERA for a good balance/model.

Yeah, they could earn a ton from cosmetics, all MMO addicts like them and besides Mod 6 gear is so ugly it cries out for a transmutation.

I look at my former Avatar of War set and i must say artistic work, now my GWF's gear is utterly ugly, but as i have seen this goes for other class items too. The GWF armor looks like some giant donuts have been molded on to it.

Yes they said power greed will be demolished with GS, now i must say, it is completely the opposite. Now if you don't have rank 12s, pure or transcendent enchants, mythic artifacts you either get kicked from most group content or you have to hear the constant bashing and when it comes to PVP, well then the money takes over from skill.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Played since beta overall.
    Last time I was in game for 2RP weekend, and for like 1 hour overlast weekend.
    enjoying TW3: Wild hunt in my free time. And probably gonna stay there for a while. Even if I'll have to play that game 3 times it would still be more fun.
    but not to advertise another or unadvertised this game Ill just give a example of why I don't think of coming back anytime soon
    1. February - player testing of raw module. **** load of bugs reported.
    2. Module postponed till April. Still same bugs now live. Being reported HR bugs every week.
    3. + New lead. Minor QoL fixed (finally after 1.5 year - RP window)
    4. They say they will finally fix 1 of many bugs HR has. Reporting over and over. giving devs info about enchant bugs.
    4 + New Module announce for 2015
    5. Mid of May - fix Lone wolf, broken serpent.
    6. next patch (this week) - nothing fixed even serpent. HR is a mess still with > 80% of powers bugged.
    7. Patch with RP fixes is canceled.
    8 + New module anounce for 2015.
    9. Still statements - we can not find bugs locally. Everything works fine ( Fey touched, Lostmouth set, terror/plague fire, lightning enchantment bugs)
    10. **** load of bugs found of layered & auras interaction. Seems like never ever tested.

So 2 new modules to make in 2015, basic class mechanics are broken, class interaction mechanics are broken, class balance is not possible, enchants are broken, RP/AD gain nerfed and still in mid air state, no new DD announces, bug fixes for fixes take 3 month.

I m extremely tiered of playing alfa build game. Im not getting any money for testing it.
    Im not payed. I'd fire all such coders at my job. I have nothing to do in game and what I can do - I have to know how to evade bugs or abuse bugs to do something to minor or no reward. What for should I play this? they obviously won't work on fixing current content - 2 new modules to make.
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well, at least the xbox one players seem to be enjoying themselves. I cringe when I see that huge list of dungeons and skirmishes that they have available to them. I cringe when I see them picking stuff up and actually being able to sell it on the Auction House.

On the PC side, what I see now is a HUGE pay wall that has been built and I cannot support this anymore.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Imagine for a sec that the person responsible for saying Yes...go ahead and implement that and launch this in NW is the town dungeonmaster way back in the days of the wild west and imagine for a sec that instead of people herding cattle and mining etc, they earned a living as your PC does in NW.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Well, at least the xbox one players seem to be enjoying themselves. I cringe when I see that huge list of dungeons and skirmishes that they have available to them. I cringe when I see them picking stuff up and actually being able to sell it on the Auction House.

On the PC side, what I see now is a HUGE pay wall that has been built and I cannot support this anymore.

Yeah...im definately buying a Xbox or even plugging mine in to play a game there that was bludgeoned here. It will be a matter of time that what happened here will creep in there. As Andre Linoge said in the movie Storm of the Century, "youll see it happen, it will puff out like a candle in the wind."
  • Options
    edited May 2015

I hate consoles actually, not my style, i am a heavy PC addict, but now i am jelly at them a bit. Game is there still Mod 6, BUT it can change anytime. Poor XBox players, when they ever get this nonsense, but i think they won't.

I always wrote, that this platform, the PC was just a cheap bridge to reach the XBox, that's where the big money lies.

We also alpha test the game for free, so no need to pay real qualified testers.

In the mean time the PC still brings some money in. That's what we call a win-win situation, of course not for us, but for the company.

But what makes me said, why had this be done with DnD. This is a special genre, it would desrve love and care.

Still after the failed Tiamat run, no response from any official, have they not drawn a conclusion, if even they couldn't do it...
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• Options
    doctordnadoctordna Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sorry if my posting is not all sunshine, rainbows, and unicorns. I use to play Star Trek Online by this same company. When I started playing this game, (because the completely boned ST franchise) I noticed a few things. They use the same soundtrack for both games. This is a company that cannot bother to afford new music for the new game and you expect new content? You are talking about guild strongholds? I bet the look just like the Star Trek ones, before I came here they called them Fleet Stations.

If you desire to know or see the "future" of your "Dungeon Less & Only Dragons" game all you need to do is look at the game that came before it. If your computer can handle the extra space download STO and you can see the dead game. I think some people still hang out there sort of like Second Life. There is little to no PvE, no story, and it is a bunch of PvP mini games. You can make Admiral in no time flat by the Farmville system. This same company also made Champions online. I didn't play it but my friend told me that is even worse than STO and still smells bad of developer rot.

I might be back, I might not but I don't want some forum admin deleting my post saying this is a rage quit. For now I am on hiatus for an indeterminate time. Later players, because I don't see any developer commenting in here.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What killed NW to me was that everything I ever did/got before mod6 was pretty much meaningless. I felt thrown back to square one after mod6 released. I did the grinding when the game still felt "fresh", but there's no way i'm grinding back to where I was *again*.
  • Options
    kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I want to repeat something with added emphasis because I feel it hasn't been trully chewed on by everybody here. There are two places this pattern exists, and the pattern itself is literally a crime against humanity's worth of evil. The pattern of placing the hardware emphasis ans stability of the game in the phase of the game that has no value and then dropping a giant **** of a dump on everyone when the rewards could be something worthwhile the second they get to the end. When you do an epic dungeon/skirmish the content leading up to the final fight is actually quite doable and comfortable, you can even laugh and giggle and cackle with glee on the fun of the 0 reward part of the skirmish/dungeon. But the second you arrive at the boss fight, the part that you all worked so hard for, the part that yields item improvements......the game just takes a giant dump on you. Its not graphic lag, its not bad pings cause I live in antarctica or Mars. Its the content server for the epic instances throttling down or placing a lower priority upon your groups instance simply because you are about to get something for free if you win. Now I said this is a pattern that exists in two places. It does. You see they do the same thing to the first 60-65 levels of the game as well. The normal dungeon queues, the normal instanced content, even the campaigns that are not dungeon oriented and all of the pvp system have this great high priority for their hardware where even though you are getting nothing from the game and simply exp'ing or leading up to the "high end content" you are baited into belieiving that you can better your character. The reality is that all the hard work, all the money you pour into this game is for nothing because the second you try to queue for a 1600 or 2k IL dungeon/skirmish you will rubberband so bad at the final boss that you will ask yourself....how is this legal? How? How do the CSR people at this company play this game at home and not come in the next day and not punch the devs in the nuts? This system they have running now is worse than dying babies. Its a crime against life itself to lag out ONLY the content that if done right rewards the player...a.nd you lag it out to ensure the player can't do it right.
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I wanna give my last post which is related to Mod6 and then i am done with the nagging about it (in the hope some higher ups also read that).

I play Neverwinter since Open Beta. The game itself was since then Buggy as hell, over the last years it got kinda better but the game is still a mess if i compare it with other games of the same genre. I know some bugs are not worth to fix because of a "cost-ratio" but i still think it is a shame that i can't play one day Neverwinter for at least 2-3 hours to not run in 3-5 bugs.
    I mean... i got it, Cryptic/PWE is small, so the budget of the game is really tight and that is a reason players are "abused" as free alpha/beta players for new modules (i set this in quotation marks because we get something out of the process and some clever players know how to play their cards to get more AD out of a new module if it starts).
    And even if the new module came out with several bugs i knew that their is a reason, like i said, it is a small company and major bugs will be fixed after a few weeks. So nothing for me anymore to cry about, same strange things as usual and i am not forced to pay for this mess if i don't want because it is free2play.

Honestly, every game mechanic, every feature which was brought in with new modules... i could understand why it was in the game and what was the idea behind it and even if i didn't liked some of them i could play another part of Neverwinter to go around of such problem.
    But Module 6 is truely the Elemental Evil. After 2 years this games run it has needed a small to mediocre overhaul with some general improvements and a bit new stuff. What you gave us was a full reset of the game, a soft reset but a reset is a reset.
    For everyone that don't understand what i mean. A hard reset of a game is simply empty the data storage and start a new game, like deleting Skyrim with all your backup games and start a new character with a new journey. A soft reset is a hideous little creature. It simply implements a new level cap with new gear and higher stats to lead us to believe we get new and better stuff but truely it is something like a new game+ or hardcore mod. The same game in harder with the same character and same monsters with only slightly updated stuff. A good example would be the hardcore mod in Terraira, after finishing every Boss all monsters are upgraded heavily and you must get new gear and do the same old stuff again only in boring and the monsters hit 10 times harder then before (seriously, that is what happens in Terraira).

And that soft reset, that new game+ was simply added with a whole new module. First of all we must force us to level 70. Vigilance Quests, 16 per Questhub, 3 Questhubs per Area, 4 "New" Areas = 192 + Story Quests
    You can only make 7 Vigilance Quests per Hours which means at least 2 to 2,5 hours per Questhub = 30+ hours to complete the odyssey, it feels really like a god is standing above you and force you to take longer for that questing than necessary.
    Then all your new shiny legendary artifact gear is not top notch anymore. You must refine your old gear in the new one. At worst you will lose aound 27% rank progression at best (double RP weekend) you lose only 7% but must still invest 500.000 RP per artifact gear (on double RP weekend) to get it again on top notch. This means you need 2 million RP.
    After we got a big nerf on the dragon hoard enchantment it is really hard to get on RP for the gear (it is really hard. The Cooldown get from 30 seconds to like 10 minutes and i am owned 5 rank 10 dragon hoard enchantments (15% drop chance), i know the difference and tested it).
    The Artifacts get a new level and rarity. We need over 6 Million per Artifact to get it to the new max. rank. That is 250% more RP then before and with the new level increase our remaining gear is absolutely outdated. We must get our professions to a new max. rank to get the better gear (a must for rings, pants and shirts).
    In addition we got new levels for our enchantments too, these needs 1,6 million per enchantment to be maxed out + 10 greater marks of potency = 1 million AD cost per enchantment.
    Everyone will now say to me: He is insane, that is only the max. level! Yes it is, but with the new statcurve, rank 10 enchantments and legendary artifacts are the new standard and the best is you need now 4 artifacts not 3, one more to feed. I admit, gearscore increase and replacing your old gear for new one is part of an MMORPG but to get EVERYTHING new is not understandable. I could understand new armors mit Mod6. Something similar to the weapons: Artifact Armor = choose your own Stats and give us new overload enchantments (and stream line the old ones) as compensation for no Set-Bonus. I totally like the idea to upgrade slowly my own armor by simply putting RP in them. It give me a longterm goal and the idea to get new artifact equipment and salvage the old one in the new one for like 75% rank progression and more at a double RP weekend is totally not a dislike for me. The concept is good for the long vity of the game. But like i said before not everything at once!

And the whole new module doesn't gave us anything new. Old daily areas are unplayable since you get through 30 hours+ timewaste machine of Vigilance Quests (lucky you if you still can do old Quests) and then you still need to gear yourself up to participate in the same old content. So of course this is dissatisfying.

And to all the people that think the new difficulty is debat-able it is NOT!
    A game like Darksouls 2 is difficult or challenging. To learn attack pattern, attacking at the right moment, monsters that react to my personal behaviour (in darksouls monster attacking immediatly if you try to heal yourself and you are in range) and it is very unlikely you get killed by one single hit.
    The term which describes the difficulty in Neverwinter precisely is: UNFAIR!
    We fighting against Walls of Hitpoints that killing us if we make one mistake. It would be reasonable if the game would work in the combat 100% (nd more) fine, but you would call me a liar if i say to you: Combat is fine in Neverwinter, everything okay.
    The game in combat is laggy and glitchy. Some casting animations can be shorten or skipped by activate another ability and some are aborted while doing it. Activating a skills effect and casting animations and casting time can be totally out of order for no apparent reason. Voids (Red AOE Attacks) of Monster can be misplaced or are bigger then displayed.
    Most player have laggs. Some because of their own connection, some because the instance in which their dungeon spawns is damaged (since mod6 i had one of them, like my guildmates that can happen quite a lot and force you to abort the actual dungeon and completly start a new one). Sometimes heavy laggs occures only in last quarter at a boss fight for no reason and leads to whole wipes.
    Many attacks of the enemies can not be proper blocked or dodged because they can't be forseen, hell if a GF trys to block a heavy attack he is nearly dead and he only gets 20% or less of the damage, i don't know how OPs are getting along.
    Or Monster simply spam overpowered attacks like charge attacks. The Barbarian NPCs has a charge attack with a very little time frame to successfully dodge/block. If you manage to dodge/block they simply charge you again, if you was successfull again they charge you again till you are simply out of stamina or you missed the time frame. The best on this kind of attack is, it is a small aoe attack, if some ally is near, he dies as well.
    Since Mod6 the close combat range is enhanced. Monster can hit you 2 circles wide. This means if an monster makes an AOE attack and you are in the second row behind an GF the attack will hit you anyway even if the animation doesn't hit you.
    Another thing is animations of monster attacks. Many of them are not sync with effects (read time of incoming damage). This increased with Mod6 but was before also a problem. I remind on the giant bone golem which hits on the ground but the damage and knockback effect is hitting you half a second before the attack is done, hell even the sound of the attack is not properly timed. EVERYTIME!
    This all was only a small problem before Mod6 because everyone could be well equipped enough to compensate such big attacks, but it leads to the problem that the top notch characters rofled around in a sea of red aoe's. A bit improvement would be okay like a bit higher damage or make clear that red aoe's simply take 1/2 ; 1/3 or 2/3 of your life. This sounds cheap but it would be still better than the actual state of the game, which display us all the flaws of the combat system and how unfinished and unpolished this game is really be.

P.S.: Sorry for the wall of text.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    loosestellaloosestella Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    amvek wrote: »
    Mod 6 happened to Neverwinter! Worst mod in the history of the game! It came out unfinished and with the worst bugs, exploits an cheats. Many of these were reported on the test server early on and it was ignored. You can tell it was ignored because it went live! They made most of the top end events unplayable without exploiting or being best in slot!

Mod 6 was an EPIC failure! With mod 7 coming out this summer I would not hold my breath on mod 6 being finished or the major bugs getting fixed!
    True that. My grandma drives faster than how quick they fix things. And she drives a walker.
    Yup, its as if we bought what we thought was a home (with our attention, time and for many, money) but instead it was a hotel room, and mod 6 was checkout day.