test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tips for fighting TRs - By a TR

Comments

• azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    munkey81 wrote: »
    Ahh right right. Piercing damage ignores Deflection and armor. Yah unstoppable wont do jack.

Well buddy I hope they fix it, and soon. Its total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I cant imagine many TR's can beat you 1 vs 1 anyway, but until they fix it I guess you'll just have to deal with the glitch.

I hope too. But I am fine dealing with that, I am not as competitive as I was in ET and PC times.
    It is just annoying some TRs use that and dare to trashtalk haha. Was fighting one tr other day from a pvp guild, and he was like calling me <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for playing GWF. I was going to type how sweet it is to say playing an OP class, using PF for the glitch, etc, but then I just kept playing. I am too old for trash talking over a game anyways.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • crispyslinky07crispyslinky07 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I was trying to stay away from this but after that last post I'll go ahead and say it.... If you think a class is so op you can't even compete then your just bad. No need to elaborate on that fact because your rant proves it just fine. Do us all a favor and stop queuing, you are not good enough to compete and you say your motivation is the daily. Well guess what? You can live a long healthy life without that 8k AD .
    Ant
    < Goon Squad >
    edited May 2015
    I was trying to stay away from this but after that last post I'll go ahead and say it.... If you think a class is so op you can't even compete then your just bad. No need to elaborate on that fact because your rant proves it just fine. Do us all a favor and stop queuing, you are not good enough to compete and you say your motivation is the daily. Well guess what? You can live a long healthy life without that 8k AD .
    I hope it was not for me lol. but I do agree with you.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
    edited May 2015
    azuosed89 wrote: »
    I hope it was not for me lol. but I do agree with you.

No not you , I actually respect your post to a degree haha and I'm completely with you about not trash talking. It's not worth my time to input a message
    Ant
    < Goon Squad >
  • blueberry1973blueberry1973 Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2015

You are naive. In WoW I was horrible at pvp until I created a warlock and then bam... top of the charts. The class you play in an unbalanced game has a huge effect on success and failure.

Dude. You play an OP broken class and instead of asking for changes to make pvp better for all classes you defend no skill garbage. You should be ashamed. Frankly, the devs better fix this fast because people will not wait around on console.

Most the people I know hate pvp because only an idiot plays something where you get owned by an OP class. NO ONE ENJOYS IT. To state class balance issues do not exist in this game..... unbelievable.
  • lazyaxus111lazyaxus111 Member Posts: 65
    edited May 2015
    You are naive. In WoW I was horrible at pvp until I created a warlock and then bam... top of the charts. The class you play in an unbalanced game has a huge effect on success and failure.

Dude. You play an OP broken class and instead of asking for changes to make pvp better for all classes you defend no skill garbage. You should be ashamed. Frankly, the devs better fix this fast because people will not wait around on console.

Most the people I know hate pvp because only an idiot plays something where you get owned by an OP class. NO ONE ENJOYS IT. To state class balance issues do not exist in this game..... unbelievable.

I'm assuming you were a repeat gladiator in WoW then? If you were, you wouldn't be making posts like this you would be doing what all of the top players are doing... adapting.
    Aeneas/Einherjar/No Skill
    (Iron Lotus)
    Dragon Born Rouge GS 17.6k in Profound

Not to be confused with Rogue, I truly am the red makeup women put on their cheeks.
    edited May 2015
    I'm assuming you were a repeat gladiator in WoW then? If you were, you wouldn't be making posts like this you would be doing what all of the top players are doing... adapting.

Omg.... Adapt by leveling a different class. Ice Mage... Fury Warrior... depends on the season and adjustments to classes. To imply adapting is the key to success would imply you have some idea what you are writing about.

Look man. For better or worse TR is so grossly OP it ruins an entire game type. TR is a mistake that should have been fixed in beta. Ironically.... the abomination is in the game.

I hate playing OP classes. ESO on pc was a dragon knight crushing everything. WoW warlock... Warhammer Bright Wizard. Wake up... TR needs a serious nerf and it is nothing personal.

For many of us we just want to play as a group and determine success or failure as a team. Not how many TR you have... let's not forget CW. Neverwinter pvp is broken..... Don't defend it. Ask for them to fix it.

This is not about me or you. What classes we play. It is about fixing what is broken.
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Omg.... Adapt by leveling a different class. Ice Mage... Fury Warrior... depends on the season and adjustments to classes. To imply adapting is the key to success would imply you have some idea what you are writing about.

Look man. For better or worse TR is so grossly OP it ruins an entire game type. TR is a mistake that should have been fixed in beta. Ironically.... the abomination is in the game.

I hate playing OP classes. ESO on pc was a dragon knight crushing everything. WoW warlock... Warhammer Bright Wizard. Wake up... TR needs a serious nerf and it is nothing personal.

For many of us we just want to play as a group and determine success or failure as a team. Not how many TR you have... let's not forget CW. Neverwinter pvp is broken..... Don't defend it. Ask for them to fix it.

This is not about me or you. What classes we play. It is about fixing what is broken.

In every post you throw out random forum diarrhea about TRs. You talk about class balance, and beta, and fixes. Yet your join date is 1 month ago. Did you even play on PC? Were you around 2 years ago in Beta? I think not, if so I would love to know who you played as, if you were anything like how you portray yourself I will definitely know your name.

PvP is more balanced now in mod 5 then it ever was. Mod 6 is more messed up then people like to think, go read the PC forums and see for yourself.

As a PvP community we have asked for things like DR for CC for over 2 years. There answer was Tenacity. NW is one helluva game, but it is not perfect, and the Devs are no rock stars with knowing/understanding PvP either. We played them in a premade 2 years ago and they didn't even score 100 points. They had all rank 10s and Perfects and got completely dumped on.

This isn't WoW, or GW2, or any other game. The comparison doesn't exist. In NW, the PvP is amazing and more balanced now then it ever has been. If you don't like it, you can simply stop playing PvP, or the game altogether. Complaining about this class or that class with your lackluster knowledge of THIS game isn't getting you anywhere. You are way out of your element to be talking about any form of balance.
  • trappy1026trappy1026 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015

As a PvP community we have asked for things like DR for CC for over 2 years. There answer was Tenacity. NW is one helluva game, but it is not perfect, and the Devs are no rock stars with knowing/understanding PvP either. We played them in a premade 2 years ago and they didn't even score 100 points. They had all rank 10s and Perfects and got completely dumped on.

This is so cool, is there video of this?

Just gonna say when in a PICK UP GAME, with randos, with no mics or anything, you're kind of disadvantaged to begin with. There's going to be no comms and a few Dinkus's are going to get killed by a rogue once, get killed by the same rogue twice, yet continue to still try the same thing over and over again and just get killed. If you have a party of at least 2 people communicating it's way easier to handle the rogues.

I originally thought the rogue was OP NERF HIM ****INGAD but over the last few weeks as I've been playing more PvP they're just... annoying. I'm more scared of a CW or a better HR. Sure a great player on a geared rogue is a scary thing, just like any other class, but now when I get killed by a rogue I look at what I did in that situation and ask myself, what could I have done differently? Did he get behind me? Did I time my encounters wrong?

All in all I love pvp in this game and what's sorely needed is more game modes/arenas.
    edited May 2015
    trappy1026 wrote: »
    This is so cool, is there video of this?

I look at what I did in that situation and ask myself, what could I have done differently? Did he get behind me? Did I time my encounters wrong?

All in all I love pvp in this game and what's sorely needed is more game modes/arenas.

I'm pretty sure theres video. They fought us in Essence of Aggression and I believe they fought a couple other teams. Results were the same. I'll do some searching and see if I can find the vid.

And that attitude is exactly what makes players better. Figure out what you did wrong and do your best to correct your mistake. Ultimately someone is always going to be better, that's the same in every in life. That's why its a 5 vs 5. Getting your butt kicked by a particular class? Ask for help from your team, move guys around. Some class's are better at fighting others. In a pug match you can only do what you can, in a premade atleast you have communication, not always good, but the opportunity is there to fix the problem.
    edited May 2015
    I'm pretty sure theres video. They fought us in Essence of Aggression and I believe they fought a couple other teams. Results were the same. I'll do some searching and see if I can find the vid.

And that attitude is exactly what makes players better. Figure out what you did wrong and do your best to correct your mistake. Ultimately someone is always going to be better, that's the same in every in life. That's why its a 5 vs 5. Getting your butt kicked by a particular class? Ask for help from your team, move guys around. Some class's are better at fighting others. In a pug match you can only do what you can, in a premade atleast you have communication, not always good, but the opportunity is there to fix the problem.

Or admit you have no skill or aptitude to play pvp and roll a TR.
    edited May 2015
    lol, devs dont know how to play pvp. I am sure this is part of why every mod brings a new unbalance.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
    edited May 2015
    Or admit you have no skill or aptitude to play pvp and roll a TR.

I play a TR because I enjoy the class, not because "you" feel its OP.

I've played almost every class at the highest lvl of PvP and never once complained about TRs, or any other class for that madder.

Would love to know your in-game name. You should shoot me a tell and I'll bring you along in PvP, so you can show me all these "skills" your talking about. GT- Munkness81

In the mean time, feel free to browse my Youtube channel and watch some videos of me playing other class's.

https://youtu.be/dt6RvG0Q7SE - HR

https://youtu.be/LU8Eow55nYo - GWF
    edited May 2015
    I play a TR because I enjoy the class, not because "you" feel its OP.

I've played almost every class at the highest lvl of PvP and never once complained about TRs, or any other class for that madder.

Would love to know your in-game name. You should shoot me a tell and I'll bring you along in PvP, so you can show me all these "skills" your talking about. GT- Munkness81

In the mean time, feel free to browse my Youtube channel and watch some videos of me playing other class's.

https://youtu.be/dt6RvG0Q7SE - HR

https://youtu.be/LU8Eow55nYo - GWF

YOU PLAY A ROGUE. Buhahahaha. Please don't expect anyone to take you seriously. LOL.

Your videos are irrelevant. I thought we had a break through earlier and you finally admitted TR is OP garbage. Alas.... to much to ask for. Skills? I am saying you have none because running around with a rogue easy mode one shotting everything would make a truly good player bored and disgusted.

Poor TR :(
    edited May 2015
    YOU PLAY A ROGUE. Buhahahaha. Please don't expect anyone to take you seriously. LOL.

Your videos are irrelevant. I thought we had a break through earlier and you finally admitted TR is OP garbage. Alas.... to much to ask for. Skills? I am saying you have none because running around with a rogue easy mode one shotting everything would make a truly good player bored and disgusted.

Poor TR :(

I don't play a one-shot TR, never have.They aren't effective in pre-mades and against skilled players. They never have been, and never will be.

They are effective against people like you, and brand new players with no gear.

I would love to join you in PvP. I cant wait to make a video of your skill and awesomeness in PvP so we can teach all these scrubby people how a real man plays PvP.

GT- Munkness81
  • lemonknuckleslemonknuckles Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2015
    blueberry read the first paragraph of this.

It is becoming impossible to take anything you write seriously, and it is becoming impossible to find an interesting PvP thread that hasn't been polluted by your puerile and dickish rants.
  • lazyaxus111lazyaxus111 Member Posts: 65
    edited May 2015
    I don't play a one-shot TR, never have.They aren't effective in pre-mades and against skilled players. They never have been, and never will be.

I would love to join you in PvP. I cant wait to make a video of your skill and awesomeness in PvP so we can teach all these scrubby people how a real man plays PvP.

GT- Munkness81

This -

Trolling at this point he is.
    Aeneas/Einherjar/No Skill
    (Iron Lotus)
    Dragon Born Rouge GS 17.6k in Profound

Not to be confused with Rogue, I truly am the red makeup women put on their cheeks.
    edited May 2015
    Why do the mods continue to let this troll do his trolling?
    Ant
    < Goon Squad >
    edited May 2015
    blueberry, all you need to do is be a bit more constructive and a LOT less whiny
    Ant
    < Goon Squad >
  • trappy1026trappy1026 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Honestly my HR needs a nerf. I just kill rogues too easily. Nerf every class while we're at it.
  • karnonnoskarnonnos Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015

GT- Munkness81

I played against you the other day (we lost lol, but don't think it was too bad though) and I did notice you weren't using any "one shot" skills. I think one of the major problems we have right now is people having a COD mindset. The one man army. Obviously most of the classes have a role in PVP, and if played right you can win. I play the worst PVP class (SW), but still win waay more often than not, because I stay with the DC and use shadow slip to break from 2 to back cap often. I don't mind that I get one hit sometimes, I just wish that DoT was more useful... maybe the hits could come faster? Have you ever been killed 1v1 by a SW?
    edited May 2015
    karnonnos wrote: »
    Have you ever been killed 1v1 by a SW?

Only Maleficent in my guild. He's nasty
  • karnonnoskarnonnos Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Only Maleficent in my guild. He's nasty

Probably be fun to watch. I am guessing he must be talented and well geared. I am just going to keep grinding for more profound gear and hope that one day SW gets some love from the devs.
  • koloblikolobli Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Any solid tips for a DC vs rogue? Solo on a node I can usually hold out for support to arrive but a good TR will wreck me.

Thanks for the info by the way!
    edited June 2015
    kolobli wrote: »
    Any solid tips for a DC vs rogue? Solo on a node I can usually hold out for support to arrive but a good TR will wreck me.

Thanks for the info by the way!

A geared properly DC should always take more than 1 person to take them down. Building tanky is very important for a DC. Unless you play a DPS cleric, Sunburst should always be in your rotation. DC's are hands down the best class to contest/hold a node. Remember its not about how much damage you do, its all about how long you can survive and keep a node contested. Using Sunburst to knock your enemy's off node is incredibly annoying, and very affective.

Sunburst, Bastion of Health and Astral Shield should be your encounters 99% of matches. Having the right rotations is very important for a DC for survivability. I haven't played a DC in well over 2 years so I'm definitely not the best guy to ask about other specifics. But stat priorities haven't changed. Hi Con/Wis, Health, Defense/Deflect, Tenacity to 20%. Stack Radiants in ALL defensive slots, and Radiants or Silvery for Recovery in Offense slots.

Meanseason from Denial is definitely one of the best heal DC's on Xbox, and a very friendly guy. I recommend hitting him up for some tips on a more specific level.

Hope this helps

Cheers!
    edited June 2015
    I was talking to some friends from PC, and apparently the armor piercing features from TRs not only ignores DR etc, but also IGNORES TENACITY. So it means that in those skills, Trs are basically hitting people as if they were mobs... This is really non-sense. This gives TRs a huge advantage by ignoring dr/tenacity/unstoppable... And looks like the tenacity aspect was not fixed even in mod 6... Some trs are hitting people for 70k even when they stack additive DR summing up more than 70% dr lol. I don't get it why they don't fix it. they should remove this armor piercing feat or make it partially do what it does... and never ignore tenacity. this is just dumb.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • robertdiazrobertdiaz Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2015
    I was talking to some friends from PC, and apparently the armor piercing features from TRs not only ignores DR etc, but also IGNORES TENACITY. So it means that in those skills, Trs are basically hitting people as if they were mobs... This is really non-sense. This gives TRs a huge advantage by ignoring dr/tenacity/unstoppable... And looks like the tenacity aspect was not fixed even in mod 6... Some trs are hitting people for 70k even when they stack additive DR summing up more than 70% dr lol. I don't get it why they don't fix it. they should remove this armor piercing feat or make it partially do what it does... and never ignore tenacity. this is just dumb.

This makes me feel better about my arguments "more hp is useless on HR" and "the best defensive stat is deflect"
    Britney Spears Hunter Ranger

twitch.tv/xx_alucard
    edited June 2015
    robertdiaz wrote: »
    This makes me feel better about my arguments "more hp is useless on HR" and "the best defensive stat is deflect"

not when you hit the a diminishing returning. add 2~4% more deflect is not better than adding 3, 4 k hp.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
    edited June 2015
    trappy1026 wrote: »
    Honestly my HR needs a nerf. I just kill rogues too easily. Nerf every class while we're at it.

I'm not sure that's true with ALL trs ")

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Crispyslinky07/screenshot/390257#
    Ant
    < Goon Squad >
  • skeld11skeld11 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Definitely something needs to be revamped. Rogues should not be the bane of tank classes.
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-