test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Soulforged Enchant in PVP

daimyondaimyon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
edited May 2015 in PvP Discussion
Do you think that the Soulforged enchant should be allowed in PVP? Allowing a player to be revived with inherent damage reduction after losing a fight seems a tad unfair to me. Plus, with it being bugged currently, and sometimes rezzing the wearer more than once within the cooldown period, it just seems to break PVP.

Discuss.
Post edited by daimyon on

Comments

• Options
    krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yes a ton of people use it, I don't. It doesn't bother me as 90% of the time I drop the player again right after they are revived. The other 10% are rogues. Nothing really game breaking. When you "kill" someone just be prepared to keep attacking.
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    krad777 wrote: »
    Yes a ton of people use it, I don't. It doesn't bother me as 90% of the time I drop the player again right after they are revived. The other 10% are rogues. Nothing really game breaking. When you "kill" someone just be prepared to keep attacking.
    Well I have two issues with it. The first being that there is a damage reduction component when it revives someone. And my second issue is that it's currently bugged and can revive someone more than once within the cooldown time. I've had it revive someone 3 times in a row before I was able to finally put them down for good.
  • Options
    reallyreconreallyrecon Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    I don't notice a damage reduction component, and there isn't one stated in the tooltip. However, there's a small heal-over-time upon rez; is that what you could be thinking of?
    Recon - 60 Cleric
    Gamertag: ReallyRecon
  • Options
    krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    daimyon wrote: »
    Well I have two issues with it. The first being that there is a damage reduction component when it revives someone. And my second issue is that it's currently bugged and can revive someone more than once within the cooldown time. I've had it revive someone 3 times in a row before I was able to finally put them down for good.

With the amount of bugs currently in this game, some worse than others, let's just be glad it doesn't rez people with full health. Lol
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    krad777 wrote: »
    With the amount of bugs currently in this game, some worse than others, let's just be glad it doesn't rez people with full health. Lol

Truth to that.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Soulforged isn't game breaking and they are very cheap for a lesser which does the job just fine.

I use the Soulforge as theres nothing else at the moment better imo, but as soon as the Barkshield comes to Xbox I'll be switching immediately.
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    daimyon wrote: »
    Do you think that the Soulforged enchant should be allowed in PVP? Allowing a player to be revived with inherent damage reduction after losing a fight seems a tad unfair to me. Plus, with it being bugged currently, and sometimes rezzing the wearer more than once within the cooldown period, it just seems to break PVP.

Discuss.

The dead horse argument comes to Xbox.

Soulforged is good for PvE and PvP. Sometimes it's all that saves your butt.

Also, when a person is rezzed by soulforged you know they will not have full health so they are more easilly killed. Have your DPS or CW with control powers on the team watch for the Soulforged people falling so they can be rekilled faster. Requires teamwork, but it works. PvP is about teamwork after all.

End of discussion summary from PC transferred to Xbox section.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon