test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

tips to kill control wizards?

blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PvP Discussion
im a hr. i was curious about any tips to kill them i usually handle them really well but lately ive been running into trans negation and trans vorpal several times and i get wiped in seconds.
Post edited by blackxxwolf3 on

Comments

• rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    im a hr. i was curious about any tips to kill them i usually handle them really well but lately ive been running into trans negation and trans vorpal several times and i get wiped in seconds.

upgrade your stuff maybe? seriously, a lot of players try to "outsmart" or "outplay" gear, when the sad fact is, you can't. if you're on the purple gear tier, stop trying to beat on enemies ranks above you, you're gonna break your hand.
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rustlord wrote: »
    upgrade your stuff maybe? seriously, a lot of players try to "outsmart" or "outplay" gear, when the sad fact is, you can't. if you're on the purple gear tier, stop trying to beat on enemies ranks above you, you're gonna break your hand.
    good point. yeah i have rank 8s and mostly epic still some blue gear cause getting rp is impossible now.
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    good point. yeah i have rank 8s and mostly epic still some blue gear cause getting rp is impossible now.

I know what you feel! Honestly I'm sticking to blue artifact gear. They get changed anyway. But RP for basic artifacts have gotten really cheap. And Mythic/Legendary makes a huge difference in stats.
    edited May 2015
    rustlord wrote: »
    I know what you feel! Honestly I'm sticking to blue artifact gear. They get changed anyway. But RP for basic artifacts have gotten really cheap. And Mythic/Legendary makes a huge difference in stats.
    yeah i have epics currently. i agree it is really cheap for base artifacts. i love it!!
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    if they can play their toon then solo your dead till you get better gear or they fix our dps . I travel with at least one other and that way you can break cc and return the favor just takes forever to kill one due to low dps out and you make an error in your rotation or some one else shows up from their team its over. grinding gg for BIS armor will help some. You need 80k glory and 27 seals 1 win a day and with campaign rewards can be there in 20 days with an hour a day in pvp
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I just read the topic below this one where u said u are:
    just rank 8s and epics

I believe 2 x trans ench. toon is outgearing you BIG time. It would be imbalanced if you could beat CWs with gear like that, unless he made some grave mistakes.
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I would suggest after facing some armor switching spelltwist abusing BIS Cws that you bring either another simular Cw with you or just make sure he is asleep when you attack him 5-1 with all dailys up...............
    edited May 2015
    jhpnw wrote: »
    if they can play their toon then solo your dead till you get better gear or they fix our dps . I travel with at least one other and that way you can break cc and return the favor just takes forever to kill one due to low dps out and you make an error in your rotation or some one else shows up from their team its over. grinding gg for BIS armor will help some. You need 80k glory and 27 seals 1 win a day and with campaign rewards can be there in 20 days with an hour a day in pvp
    already got the burning set. its very good.
  • k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Even with same gear CW will always have big advantage over class, Im not saying you cant defeat them but it will be hard coz wizards atm are over performing damage and survivability combined together with range its just hard to face them alone.
  • lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Most effective way to kill a CW would be to cause a power outage in the CW player's neighbourhood, or short-circuit their PC. :-P

Barring that, you can try daze chaining them and keeping in close. If they outgear you, you might have to do the hit & run (daze, damage, hide behind a corner) rinse and repeat.

If they severely outgear you, you're pretty much toast. This game is primarily about gear. If you want balanced PvP, play Street Fighter. "Shoryuken!"

Cheers XD
  • piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Fight 1 on 1 with exp and well geared CW with our root still bugged ? the answer is no
  • mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Roll a TR and 1-shot them with 900 iLvl with Lashing Blade.

Because Neverforums.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • trpotatosyndrometrpotatosyndrome Member Posts: 110
    edited May 2015
    mjytresz wrote: »
    Roll a TR and 1-shot them with 900 iLvl with Lashing Blade.

Because Neverforums.

image.php?u=5662245&dateline=1418323617

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I guess this is a troll picture LOL
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have one word for you, Bringme!
    You do the stun, I do the smash, we can cook them in seconds! :>
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    icyphish wrote: »
    I have one word for you, Bringme!
    You do the stun, I do the smash, we can cook them in seconds! :>

Seems like there's a song there, just waiting to be written. :p
    edited May 2015
    amvek wrote: »
    Yep have the devs nerf their ability to use Chaos magic outside of combat. Make it so it only triggers if they actually hit a player! Also have them rework the shield in tab since it makes them tankier than a GF or GWF!

Have you read the patch notes lately?

Probably not. Another potato TR.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2015
    Have you read the patch notes lately?

Probably not. Another potato TR.

all i saw was an exploit fix.
    edited May 2015
    all i saw was an exploit fix.

Yeah, exactly. It's a thing in the right direction.

Next up is Shield and Storm Spell.

Now we wait.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2015

Now we wait.
    positive thinking i like it!!!!
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Now we wait.

Yeah lets have cw's back to pre mod 4 status, where they were free kill for every class besides dc...
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    To kill a CW:

stand next to them, They will shift away. Make them burn all 3 shifts.

After 3 shifts, they need 3 seconds to charge stamina. In those 3 seconds, burst them to death.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
    edited May 2015
    To kill a CW:

stand next to them, They will shift away. Make them burn all 3 shifts.

After 3 shifts, they need 3 seconds to charge stamina. In those 3 seconds, burst them to death.
    exept hrs cannot burst damage currently. im ****ed.
  • k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    Yeah lets have cw's back to pre mod 4 status, where they were free kill for every class besides dc...

It makes sense coz wizard wears cloth napkins the hell do you think CW are? bullet prof nerds?
  • vaulwynvaulwyn Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If they have perfect or better negation this will not work. I have blow 3 full rotations and barely do 2-5% to those super tanks.
    GF - Sigh
  • mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    vaulwyn wrote: »
    If they have perfect or better negation this will not work. I have blow 3 full rotations and barely do 2-5% to those super tanks.

There's a "sweet spot" where the shield charges are spent, but negation hasn't charged up to more than 5 stacks, in which case would be the ideal timing to hit your biggest attacks. It's a small window, and likely not open for long or even can be capitalized if there are many people attacking the CW (but then if there are many people attacking the CW... well, gang up..), but actually can be utilized if there are LOS obstructions such as GG nodes, where you can use it to allow neg stacks to fall off and repeat the process. In this aspect, theoretically DoT/"fast small damage" reliant class/builds have it tougher than "one-big-hit" classes, but since "one-big-hit" classes are usually melee classes, the difficulty is about similar.

Of course, if the CW is well prepared and has a clear gear advantage over you... then just hope you can run away. There's not much can do.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    On non-negation CWs as a GWF it's about, for me:

running to them normal, when i get in range of their attacks i know they will try to CC me, so sprint burst to make them waste CC, then burst again a bit, then threat rush cancelled into hidden daggers, then look at where they teleport (most CWs teleport behind you, but not all). Then threat rush to them and SS some to deplete shield. Take some damage till determination is up, then get serious. Shield depleted, run slowly to them (they will not feel threatened/ think your sprint is over), hidden daggers (buff) then threat rush (mark) pop unstoppable when i'm right on their face (temp HP up making up for damage taken a bit), spam SS (10 stacks with PF or other enchants that deal additional damage such as terror/ lifedrinker), then fast sprint on the direction where they teleported before anticipating their move and as soon as they teleport, FLS+IBS and they are usually dead expecially if IBS crits.

More annoying are repel CWs since if you don't avoid their fast repels you are in trouble. Must keep them pressured cause a teleporting CW cannot attack you and burst you down fast.

I say balanced cause it's 50-50 chance, they can mix teleports to avoid me predicting their pattern and avoid being predictable with their CC so it's harder for me to sprint dodge it.

Against negation CWs it's a different matter. Would need negation myself and most likely lifedrinker with high LS chance (20%) to have a chance since me building damage buffs and depleting their shield is enough to fill up their 10 stacks of negation (30% DR+buffs) that adds up to DR left on depleted shield.

Against geared CWs my HP is low too due to their high burst and SS procs, but if i avoid being CCed and IKed it's a close fight.
    edited May 2015
    pando83 wrote: »
    On non-negation CWs as a GWF it's about, for me:

running to them normal, when i get in range of their attacks i know they will try to CC me, so sprint burst to make them waste CC, then burst again a bit, then threat rush cancelled into hidden daggers, then look at where they teleport (most CWs teleport behind you, but not all). Then threat rush to them and SS some to deplete shield. Take some damage till determination is up, then get serious. Shield depleted, run slowly to them (they will not feel threatened/ think your sprint is over), hidden daggers (buff) then threat rush (mark) pop unstoppable when i'm right on their face (temp HP up making up for damage taken a bit), spam SS (10 stacks with PF or other enchants that deal additional damage such as terror/ lifedrinker), then fast sprint on the direction where they teleported before anticipating their move and as soon as they teleport, FLS+IBS and they are usually dead expecially if IBS crits.

More annoying are repel CWs since if you don't avoid their fast repels you are in trouble. Must keep them pressured cause a teleporting CW cannot attack you and burst you down fast.

I say balanced cause it's 50-50 chance, they can mix teleports to avoid me predicting their pattern and avoid being predictable with their CC so it's harder for me to sprint dodge it.

Against negation CWs it's a different matter. Would need negation myself and most likely lifedrinker with high LS chance (20%) to have a chance since me building damage buffs and depleting their shield is enough to fill up their 10 stacks of negation (30% DR+buffs) that adds up to DR left on depleted shield.

Against geared CWs my HP is low too due to their high burst and SS procs, but if i avoid being CCed and IKed it's a close fight.
    you gave the most hopeful advice thanks pando.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    you gave the most hopeful advice thanks pando.

Didn't notice you asked about HR. I'm using a HR only as alt but can share what i'm experimenting with.

I went trapper (intrigued by the path, plus it's said to be the most effective in module 6).

Didn't take the CD reduction feats. Took both thorned roots and the aspect of the serpent feat. 2 feats in combat (didn't take skirmisher's gambit since being non-bis my crit chance would get too low).

I do this (or at least, try):

marauder rush-->strong melee roots--->apply careful attack--->plant rowth for damage and short root--->hindering shot-->cordon-->hindering shot-->cordon

using cordon in melee range i can shoot it very fast and hindering shot prevents the enemy (usually) from moving away.
    First wave of strong roots and plant growth (melee version of cordon) locks the enemy in place and builds up serpent stacks, plus gives me time (usually) to apply careful attack, or i can go forest ghost, apply careful attack then rush in.

Then marauder escape, dodge and forest ghost till CDs are over and i can repeat the rotation.

Or you can go for full stunlock build with costricting arrow in place of cordon, but dealing less damage.
    Must execute the rotation quite fast and obviously the downside is that if the enemy dodges your CC, you're in trouble.

Marauder rush-escape still too useful for mobility to do not slot imho. You can also keep the same rotation replacing it with costricting harrow but then you will have low mobility.

So far i'm trying this rotation. My HR uses bronzewood and barkshield both normal enchants, cause i built it to have specific visuals (neverember hood, burning armor transmuted into T1 PvE armor, black ice neck artifact everything dyed with brown-green-yellow themed colors, bow transmuted in earth bow, will transmute blades into volcanic scimitars), but even so the little son of a b*tch is **** fun to play and effective enough. Enjoying it.
  • bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I would rather fight a no-skill CoS spamming p*ssy than a f***ing CW.