test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

19k hit?

bitterrpillbitterrpill Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PvP Discussion
Someone explain to me how someone in almost full slaughter gear how I caan get hit for 19k? Pretty much ruins PVP for me.. Call me a whiner or whatever but that just total BS... And need to be fixed.,. I have no problem losing I have a problem with being almost one shotted in PVP gear...

And yes this was a rouge and I am a Warlock...
Post edited by bitterrpill on

Comments

• marklindopmarklindop Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Someone explain to me how someone in almost full slaughter gear how I caan get hit for 19k? Pretty much ruins PVP for me.. Call me a whiner or whatever but that just total BS... And need to be fixed.,. I have no problem losing I have a problem with being almost one shotted in PVP gear...

The NeverWinter Team are idots, They must all play Rogues and Dont want nerf them because they would Suck at PVP. This is the Only reason i can see why they haven't patched them yet, 2 seconds of playing PVP with any class other then a rogue will show this.. I mean with My GF i played about 40 matches before I got 60 and Every death was from a rogue.. I never got a kill but excepted that from a GF, But i created a Rogue for PVP.. and even though he is 15.. hes hits more then my 60..

Neverwinter, STOP playing PVP with you OP rogues and Nerf them before only Rogues play PVP and it be a 10 minute game of HIDE AND SEEK!..

What a STUPID OP class
  • divine82pvpdivine82pvp Member Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    This thread has so much QQ potential.
    Tenacity PvP Guild
    Divine 60 Spellstorm Control Wizard
    twitch.tv/Divine1982
  • reallyreconreallyrecon Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015

My Cleric has 30k HP, 45% damage resistance, 15% deflect, and 23% Tenacity and I still take hits from geared players that register upwards of 20k. You're playing one of the squishiest and least defensive classes in the game, so if you want honesty it's only going to get worse for you as you queue against better and more geared players as time goes on.

Getting one-shot on a Warlock is almost a way of life, and has way more to do with the weaknesses of your class than the strengths of others.
    Recon - 60 Cleric
    Gamertag: ReallyRecon
  • bitterrpillbitterrpill Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Getting one-shot on a Warlock is almost a way of life, and has way more to do with the weaknesses of your class than the strengths of others.

Oh I have a way of keeping them at bay.. Flaming orbs will bring them out of stealth.. Just sucks that I have to use a slot for one class... This game is based on many classes we all should have chance..I been playing MMOs for decades and I know what is fair and what isnt... This one is overpowered.. Speaks a former "Face Melter"
    edited May 2015
    Oh I have a way of keeping them at bay.. Flaming orbs will bring them out of stealth.. Just sucks that I have to use a slot for one class... This game is based on many classes we all should have chance..I been playing MMOs for decades and I know what is fair and what isnt... This one is overpowered.. Speaks a former "Face Melter"

Unfortunately the development timeline for game balance is well ahead of where we are on Xbox, because the PC is already a Mod ahead and has four Mod's worth of previously released content that isn't yet available on Xbox. If you want a look at how Warlock gameplay will change in the future, you can go read the Mod 6 major changes and cruise over to the PC Warlock forums.

Those changes are what's in store for your class in Mod 6, but we're all praying and crossing our fingers that they'll skip that trainwreck excuse for a content update and instead give us all the fixes they have planned for Mod 7 to offset everything they did wrong in 6. You may or may not like what you find, but that's the reality of NW on console right now. We know exactly what's coming because PC has gotten it already, so plan accordingly and try to keep your hopes up.
    Recon - 60 Cleric
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2015

So you admit you have found a way to help with a certain class, but you cry because you have to use it?

Depending on the match and who I am playing against I may change my encounters 5 or 6 times. It's not something to complain about, you just do it because that is the smart, and very logical thing to do.

If you don't understand this and instead make emo crying posts you should please stop Q'ing for PvP and instead do PvE. PvP is not for everyone, and you my friend are everyone.

Mindless zombie NPC killing is right up your alley, I say stick to it and stop dumbing down the PvP Ques.

Cheers!
  • bitterrpillbitterrpill Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why should a I used a slot remember they are limited.. For a sucky damage spell? That right for one class out of how many 6?

I complained about getting hit for 19k in a crit (I would hope) in basically PVP gear. Low level mind you.

Explain the fun to me in that set up? I am happy playing PvE I really have no issue with doing that.. But will I a support a game in the long run is the bigger question.. Flavor of the day gets old fast.. ;)

@Really.. Thank you for understanding my point..

I have been around pvp games for decades my favorite was DaOC.. There always rebalancing but I would have thought this would have been taken care of on the PC side first..

And Munkey or whatever Troll you want to be.. I asked a simple question stating my frustration in a game that I support.. If you're such a child that needs you troll fix for the day I suggest you move on.. Your type is typical of a teenager... I have raised mine could careless what you feel..

Cheers!!!

I have seen 2 maps in PVP compared to over 20 in PVE if you really want to discuss mindless..
    edited May 2015
    Why should a I used a slot remember they are limited.. For a sucky damage spell? That right for one class out of how many 6?

I complained about getting hit for 19k in a crit (I would hope) in basically PVP gear. Low level mind you.

Explain the fun to me in that set up? I am happy playing PvE I really have no issue with doing that.. But will I a support a game in the long run is the bigger question.. Flavor of the day gets old fast.. ;)

@Really.. Thank you for understanding my point..

I have been around pvp games for decades my favorite was DaOC.. There always rebalancing but I would have thought this would have been taken care of on the PC side first..

And Munkey or whatever Troll you want to be.. I asked a simple question stating my frustration in a game that I support.. If you're such a child that needs you troll fix for the day I suggest you move on.. Your type is typical of a teenager... I have raised mine could careless what you feel..

Cheers!!!

I have seen 2 maps in PVP compared to over 20 in PVE if you really want to discuss mindless..

You make a whiny post. Because you got hit for 19k in the lowest PvP gear and speak of imbalance. Your tears and ignorance make me smile ��
  • thormadn3ssthormadn3ss Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i dont get why your complaining about one shots, as warlock at 60 in full pvp gear i can one shot or close to one shot alot of ppl. That being said i am still uber squish but meh thats my class glass canon.

Btw if you know there is a rogue around use your shift sprint ability and dont move it will make you take less dmg or dodge the incoming attack.

-meow
  • crispyslinky07crispyslinky07 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i dont get why your complaining about one shots, as warlock at 60 in full pvp gear i can one shot or close to one shot alot of ppl. That being said i am still uber squish but meh thats my class glass canon.

Btw if you know there is a rogue around use your shift sprint ability and dont move it will make you take less dmg or dodge the incoming attack.

-meow

So basically you just need to be better. Whenever I hear someone whine about a class it just shows your lack of knowledge and skill.
    Ant
    < Goon Squad >
  • thormadn3ssthormadn3ss Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So basically you just need to be better. Whenever I hear someone whine about a class it just shows your lack of knowledge and skill.

pretty much what you said, learning your class helps alot. That being said a TR is ment to be r worse nightmare they r ment to be the anti caster class, if not for for the tr we Casters(Sw/Cw/Dc) would control the game soo easy.

OO another good skill any sw should run warlocs bargain love this thing.

-meow
  • krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Only 19k? I'm a CW with 1.1k tenacity and have been hit for 23k pretty frequently. By TR's of course. Not gonna ***** about it though as I've become fairly decent at dodging TR's attack. Just can't stand those TR's that are able to stun lock you the entire time and kill you before you can even cast a spell. Not really much you can do in that case.
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
  • azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    it is interesting how that works. in the end i actually appreciate that one class/build can counter the other.
    i have been doing fairly well against the stun lock rogues, but the ones hurt me most are the dps one, lashing blade for up to 20k (even though I got nearly 4k def, 50%+ deflect, 41k hp,25% tenacity,) and these rogues are not even that good geared, there is not much to do after the SoD burst hit in the sequence. and as a fighter, it is specially hard to avoid the stacks from building. and SoD ignores unstoppable DR too, so it gets nearly impossible to survive the rly high dps rogues on 1 x 1.
    For this reason I prefer fight the CC ones, most of them I have been able to keep up with 1 v 1s, and even beat them.
    It is actually interesting how these negates each other. I heard trapper rangers are great against trs, and rangers are like food in the gwf food chain. in the end, even though tr is a little broken, I can see some "cross-class balance".
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • xmeanseason305xxmeanseason305x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015

Do i think some classes(specific builds ) are a tad bit op at the moment ... Yes.

However... That is how most pvp games are.. Every season/mod there are some builds a bit more op than others... We have to adapt..
    The one thing that iritates me is this.... People constantly crying... Specificially about rogues....
    And then when i inspect them and ask them their build/stat itemization.. They resoond with ( wait for it )

12 con
    20-22k health
    0/3 toughness just to start...

Please learn to build your characters properly to be relevant in pvp on neverwinter.

This is a public service announcment from meanseason.

Enemy Team is coming to xbox.
    Get your big boy pants ready.
  • robertdiazrobertdiaz Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2015
    deflect > hp IMO. especially against SoD glitch rogues
    Britney Spears Hunter Ranger

twitch.tv/xx_alucard
  • xmeanseason305xxmeanseason305x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    robertdiaz wrote: »
    deflect > hp IMO. especially against SoD glitch rogues

Deflect is an AMAZING stat.... I agree... However deflect with 20k Hp vs deflect with 35-40k hp is a huge difference...
    Especially since regen is still working pre mod 6 change.... Not to mention your 4 set bonus as a hunter ( whenever you deflect u heal 2% of your hp)

Just sayin'

Xo
    edited May 2015
    Deflect is an AMAZING stat.... I agree... However deflect with 20k Hp vs deflect with 35-40k hp is a huge difference...
    Especially since regen is still working pre mod 6 change.... Not to mention your 4 set bonus as a hunter ( whenever you deflect u heal 2% of your hp)

Just sayin'

Xo

shhh, dont give out pc secrets lol
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • robertdiazrobertdiaz Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2015
    20k Hp vs deflect with 35-40k hp is a huge difference...

it takes ultra pay-2-win gear to even come close to 35k hp on an HR and the 2% bonus is from the full profound set, which even I don't have yet. otherwise you're sacrificing either crit or dex for CON and that's a pretty huge waste (on HR) since deflect and damage is the best possible defense.

i rather go all deflect with a foe elixir and hope i get lucky than try to sacrifice everything for hp.

i never played on pc, but i'm pretty sure i could've done some work there in pvp with my current set up if the mod was the same.
    Britney Spears Hunter Ranger

twitch.tv/xx_alucard
    edited May 2015
    robertdiaz wrote: »
    it takes ultra pay-2-win gear to even come close to 35k hp on an HR and the 2% bonus is from the full profound set, which even I don't have yet. otherwise you're sacrificing either crit or dex for CON and that's a pretty huge waste (on HR) since deflect and damage is the best possible defense.

i rather go all deflect with a foe elixir and hope i get lucky than try to sacrifice everything for hp.

i never played on pc, but i'm pretty sure i could've done some work there in pvp with my current set up if the mod was the same.

number 1 rule to play pvp on nw: dont feel like you are losing dps to go survival. survival>dps in nw. and there are ways to reach that hp on HR without p2win as you think.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    azuosed89 wrote: »
    number 1 rule to play pvp on nw: dont feel like you are losing dps to go survival. survival>dps in nw. and there are ways to reach that hp on HR without p2win as you think.

^This
    Traded out some DPS for about a 4k increase in HP and my survivability has substantially increased without any noticeable decrease in the amount of kills I manage to get. Stacking Radiants in defense slots is the way to go.
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
  • respectpaysrespectpays Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ima explain this to how I have my character built and why he can hit 145k in pve or even higher haven't tested it for ever but that's his current max. gear score isn't everything its part of it but if u blance out ur scores u get more out of it then u relize I personally use a draconic armor set on my tr I have 6k power 1900 crit( its the soft cap don't go higher) 2451 arp(2400 is soft cap) 1800 recovery still working on it to go higher but it does cap at 2500-3000 so if u hit this already ur wasteing the extra so be careful what u wear my defence is 1500 or so I have 800 deflection and 8% life steal forgot the exact # for it. The fact is how hard u hit isn't what your gear score is if ur unbalanced ur gona do less. few weeks ago I had a 16.8k gear score then I swaped it out for full draconic (16.1k gs)and balanced my stat my high crit went from 124k -138k. balance stats >overcapped stats so don't go for gear score be smart theres a guy that made a guide on this from pc u should look at it I believe it help you a lot.
    edited May 2015
    The only soft-cap for Crit depends on what level Vorpal Enchant you have, and that's only the point at which Power beats Crit for sustained DPS. If you're PvPing you want burst damage, and Crit is where you get it.

Likewise, 2400 ArPen is only the cap in PvE. In PvP you literally want as much as you can get. Most players I run with have around 30-38% which is well over 2400.

This is why you don't take build advice from somebody who thinks CWs are OP.
    Recon - 60 Cleric
  • respectpaysrespectpays Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    look at how much it actually does b4 u say more take off 500 those point it'll go down .01 if that doesn't tell u ur unbalanced and u could build better idk what to tell u the more u stack in 1 stat = the more u waste everyone has a cap if u go over it u get left behind in dps this applies to all parts of the game like 5000 recovery is .06% better then 3000 its literally just a waste
  • trappy1026trappy1026 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    http://xboxclips.com/BEHARD1026/96587564-5a3a-4df1-809a-63bee4b8e2d1

getting hit for 17 in full profound, with over 1k tenacity, lol

just the way the game works. it is what it is. you can still win even against those stupid high crits, soulforge is pretty sweet as well.

what's pretty funny is my boy getting hit for 50k in an empowered astral shield: see here lol

http://xboxclips.com/haloclown/4752a21d-08cb-4c4e-a04b-6ee2576f016d
    edited May 2015
    trappy1026 wrote: »
    http://xboxclips.com/BEHARD1026/96587564-5a3a-4df1-809a-63bee4b8e2d1

getting hit for 17 in full profound, with over 1k tenacity, lol

just the way the game works. it is what it is. you can still win even against those stupid high crits, soulforge is pretty sweet as well.

what's pretty funny is my boy getting hit for 50k in an empowered astral shield: see here lol

http://xboxclips.com/haloclown/4752a21d-08cb-4c4e-a04b-6ee2576f016d

You got hit by Shocking Execution Trappy. It wouldn't madder if you had 100% Damage Resistance. Shocking "Ignores" all defenses.

Your cleric buddy had the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> debuffed out of him by 3 different class's. Shield "should" have helped, but even when all stats and debuffs are counted in Math wise, NW has that "luck and chance" factor. He was debuffed, and the TR got a lucky hit, I don't see that happening very often.
  • trappy1026trappy1026 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, he also had no tenacity. His reaction was hilarious though lol. WOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT WOTTTT 50Kk??!!
    edited May 2015
    I have 45k hp, same tenacity, 48% dr and trs still hit me even more than that without SE lol. it is not only one skill that trs have that ignore dr. that is what is making that class broken.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
    edited May 2015
    I have 45k hp, same tenacity, 48% dr and trs still hit me even more than that without SE lol. it is not only one skill that trs have that ignore dr. that is what is making that class broken.

Fear not my friend!

Check this video out. I know your skill and play style and this will certainly be you my friend.

https://youtu.be/0zh5xSSHRgE

There's some whiny posts in the vid saying GWF's are still bad, but take it with a grain of salt. You are a 1%'r and will be back to crapping on people in PvP soon enough.
    edited May 2015
    munkey81 wrote: »
    Fear not my friend!

Check this video out. I know your skill and play style and this will certainly be you my friend.

https://youtu.be/0zh5xSSHRgE

There's some whiny posts in the vid saying GWF's are still bad, but take it with a grain of salt. You are a 1%'r and will be back to crapping on people in PvP soon enough.
    oh yeah, that is what I been telling you haha, the mod 6 looks pretty balanced among all classes.
    just hope it comes here soon lol
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • divine82pvpdivine82pvp Member Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    oh yeah, that is what I been telling you haha, the mod 6 looks pretty balanced among all classes.
    just hope it comes here soon lol

Currently according to the forums, CW are what rogues are now on mod 5. I'm sure they will "balance" them before mod 6 hits Xbox one.

DisintegrateEncounter
    80' range

Arcane Damage

Deal damage to target foe. If the target is below 280% of your weapon damage, they are killed instantly.

Spell Mastery: Kills targets who are below 480% of your weapon damage.
    I can't wait. Lol
    Tenacity PvP Guild
    Divine 60 Spellstorm Control Wizard
    twitch.tv/Divine1982