Install Arc
Options

Crixus PVP GF Build Mod 6

2»

Comments

• Options
    misharonamisharona Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thank You for posting this! Lots of good info for a newbie (just hit L70 this last weekend).
  • Options
    invalidtarget7invalidtarget7 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thank you crixus8000 I love your guide..but I do have some question that I hope you can help me with

1)I heard some of my guildmate said that GF can 1 rotation kill every class except for cw and paladin. Because CW shield on tab + negation is like unkillable and paladin have like tons of temp hp so is very hard for GF to 1 rotation them ? Is this true ?

2)I join a pvp game last night and I saw with my own eyes that paladin daily Divine Judgement can almost 1 shot a full hp GF...is that a bug or what ? Does that also mean if GF vs Paladin (both equally gear) ..and the final is paladin will win the match ?

3) Why do you think that T.Terror is BiS since you mention that this build is for DPS GF PVP build..wouldn't a T.feytouched will be much better since it give you straight 18% damage ..if you are 1 v 3 together you can siphon up to 54% damage with each target 18%? This is what my guild mate told me.. even T.terror can reduce enemy def and power like 40% but everyone at level 70 already got more than 50% armonpen..So basically the 40% def reduce is useless only root and 40% power is good ? Am I correct here ?

No hard feelings here guys I just need some suggestion and guideiance and I am not flaming nor trolling here .. Hope you all can help me..Thank you
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am also partial to Iron Vanguard, but Crixus knows what he is doing, his builds work and he is fully aware of the ups and downs of the various paths and associated feats.

Some things come down to personal preference. I love the discussion about which path is best and for what. Would rather see them in the class forum as their own threads though.

Thanks for sharing the build and your insight, Crixus.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Thank you crixus8000 I love your guide..but I do have some question that I hope you can help me with

1)I heard some of my guildmate said that GF can 1 rotation kill every class except for cw and paladin. Because CW shield on tab + negation is like unkillable and paladin have like tons of temp hp so is very hard for GF to 1 rotation them ? Is this true ?

2)I join a pvp game last night and I saw with my own eyes that paladin daily Divine Judgement can almost 1 shot a full hp GF...is that a bug or what ? Does that also mean if GF vs Paladin (both equally gear) ..and the final is paladin will win the match ?

3) Why do you think that T.Terror is BiS since you mention that this build is for DPS GF PVP build..wouldn't a T.feytouched will be much better since it give you straight 18% damage ..if you are 1 v 3 together you can siphon up to 54% damage with each target 18%? This is what my guild mate told me.. even T.terror can reduce enemy def and power like 40% but everyone at level 70 already got more than 50% armonpen..So basically the 40% def reduce is useless only root and 40% power is good ? Am I correct here ?

No hard feelings here guys I just need some suggestion and guideiance and I am not flaming nor trolling here .. Hope you all can help me..Thank you

Thank you, glad I can help :)

1. Gf rotation can be deadly and at same gear lvl yes gf can sometimes 1 rotation a player but this is not easy. He would have to do it right and have good dmg. Mark - bull - flourish - daily - anvil. Something like that. But of course many things come into it, if the enemy has high deflect and hp it can fail, so you need to have good crit chance and get lucky. And the enemy can be a class like rogue with cc escape so it makes it a little tricky on some.

2.The paladin daily can 1 shot an equal gf even through guard yeah...You need high hp to survive this. I usually get hit 60-70k so I can survive the hit. A gf can heal quickly though. With lifesteal and fighters recovery you can get back to full hp from almost dead.

3.I did a few tests on test shard and T/Terror is just amazing. Feytouched is also great but full effect only happens when fighting lots of enemies. the terror reducing 40% power and defence makes enemies easier to kill and makes there dmg weaker to you. Mix that with a negation and you can be really hard to take down. Then the root can get you an easy kill every 30seconds.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I am also partial to Iron Vanguard, but Crixus knows what he is doing, his builds work and he is fully aware of the ups and downs of the various paths and associated feats.

Some things come down to personal preference. I love the discussion about which path is best and for what. Would rather see them in the class forum as their own threads though.

Thanks for sharing the build and your insight, Crixus.

Thank you, and yes I think there should be a class discussion. I have also noticed more bugs and problems that I would like to be fixed. The class needs it as some are really annoying lol.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    invalidtarget7invalidtarget7 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    crixus8000 can add me ..my in game name would be Invalid Target@invalidtarget7
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    crixus8000 can add me ..my in game name would be Invalid Target@invalidtarget7

I will add you when I get on next :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Glad to see some discussion about the GF in Mod 6. Nice looking build Crixus. My GF is IV and he's been gathering dust for most of Mod 5 and has done none of Mod 6 yet. I may have to let him play a little this weekend.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    squibosquibo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hello Crixus, nice build, ty for sharing :)
    Do you consider a human good for pvp GF i would like to make one
    And with CON on starting rolls should i go with high DEX or STR
    Jamaica
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    squibo wrote: »
    Hello Crixus, nice build, ty for sharing :)
    Do you consider a human good for pvp GF i would like to make one
    And with CON on starting rolls should i go with high DEX or STR

Human is a decent gf choice and although it comes down to opinion I don't presonally think human is the best possible choice. The 3 extra feat points at the cost of 2 str or dex isnt worth it since 3 feat points isnt really needed :/

I would say the best gf races are: Halfling, half orc, dwarf and dragonborn.

And for Str or Dex I personally prefer Str for the flat dmg boost, guard bonus for survivability, and the dot resist :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stuaretstuaret Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    Haha ty :)

Pin down didn't really add any noticable difference in my cc. But even so normal cc duration of bull is well enough to get flourish and then anvil off without fail. Also remember you can cancel bull charge animation by lifting guard just after it hits so pin down is not needed.

And I'm not really sure about the dex resistance ignored being affected by tenacity. I think it is but could be wrong. Hopefully someone who has tested it in length can come on and clear that up. I know there is gf's who do lots of number testing :)

Hi crixus, thanks for the tip of animation cancel, it is very useful!
    According to this thread http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?928451-Armor-Penetration-Resistance seems that armor penetration resistance doesn't affect the bonus from DEX.
    Then i was thinking to build a GF with very low constitution, like this one: Half-Orc, STR 24 CON 17 DEX 22 (lvl 70). In this way we have enough resistance ignored from DEX, allowing us to stack ONLY power and critical strike from gear and enchantments. At the cost of 10 points on CON, that means 10.000 Hp less, and 10% less ap gain. What do you think about this build?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    stuaret wrote: »
    Hi crixus, thanks for the tip of animation cancel, it is very useful!
    According to this thread http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?928451-Armor-Penetration-Resistance seems that armor penetration resistance doesn't affect the bonus from DEX.
    Then i was thinking to build a GF with very low constitution, like this one: Half-Orc, STR 24 CON 17 DEX 22 (lvl 70). In this way we have enough resistance ignored from DEX, allowing us to stack ONLY power and critical strike from gear and enchantments. At the cost of 10 points on CON, that means 10.000 Hp less, and 10% less ap gain. What do you think about this build?

CON atm isn't that great for gf, it was the same in the past and they buffed it to give gf a good hp boost compared to other classes sicne it's our primary stat but now with a huge hp pool on all stats you can more than make up for that and you would have solid dps. With much guard gain to make up for the little survivability loss it could be quite strong.

One thing to consider though is a buff to CON. It happend before and might happen again so you would maybe need to respec later on.

But with them stats and high power, crit and arm pen you would kill most enemies in 1 rotation if you have decent gear.

Would just need good guard length, good hp on gear and maybe an arti neck to make up the ap and hp loss :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    CON atm isn't that great for gf, it was the same in the past and they buffed it to give gf a good hp boost compared to other classes sicne it's our primary stat but now with a huge hp pool on all stats you can more than make up for that and you would have solid dps. With much guard gain to make up for the little survivability loss it could be quite strong.

One thing to consider though is a buff to CON. It happend before and might happen again so you would maybe need to respec later on.

But with them stats and high power, crit and arm pen you would kill most enemies in 1 rotation if you have decent gear.

Would just need good guard length, good hp on gear and maybe an arti neck to make up the ap and hp loss :)

Thanks for the quick answer!
    I'm happy to see that you think like me about CON utility. Consider that most classes (like cw, tr, hr, sw) has low damage resistance (more or less 10%), having 13% ignored from DEX + 3% ignored from boon, we dont need at all to stack Armor penetration from gear. Or i am missing something?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    stuaret wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick answer!
    I'm happy to see that you think like me about CON utility. Consider that most classes (like cw, tr, hr, sw) has low damage resistance (more or less 10%), having 13% ignored from DEX + 3% ignored from boon, we dont need at all to stack Armor penetration from gear. Or i am missing something?

In pvp 90% of players use negation since it's arguably the best armor enchant so there dr goes up. Arm pen will still be needed from gear. Around 3-4k might be a little much but it's best to be safe and you will always be dealing near max dmg with that.

Str is the best dps choice though since it's a flat dmg boost :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Ah...i can mitigate the effectiveness of negation with armor pen...good to know!

However, the negation enchant could be nerfed...then this is a challange between the nerf to negation, versus the buff to CON; for decide how to distribute the stats! xD

Another consideration:
    400 power => 1% Damage bonus
    400 armor pen => 4% RI - 80% (from armor pen resistance) => 0,8% Resistance ignored

Why increase armor pen instead of power?! There is something else that i dont know?

Thank you for your patience to read my bad english grammar :o
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Actually I am not 100% that arm pen does mitigate negation. It should though.

But a few enchants aren't working correctly lol, the bloodtheft was silly, I dont think feytouched is working correctly and I have tested with terror and above pure the power reduction doesn't fully work. It's hard to test things when there is many bugs :/

Power is a flat dps boost. Arm pen can be more effective but also less effective at times depending on the gear/stats of the person your fighting. Power gives more overall dmg though yeah. A little arm pen helps but stacking power is where your dmg gets high :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    amducamduc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hey crixus, how do you feel about Transcendent feytouched vs transcendent terror? They feytouch buff is up constantly and have the potential to increase damage by 54%, wheras terror reduces their stats. I was told that the 40% really comes down to about a 2% reduction in armor and around a 1% reduction in damage. Could you please provide your input?