test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

can anyone tell me the real life money cost to level up to mystic?

blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
i seem to remember a thread explaining this can anyone link it or tell me? im kinda curious.
Post edited by blackxxwolf3 on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2015
    greyloche wrote: »
    not sure if i can give you an exact number but...

go here

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact

figure out the amount of RP you need to level.

then, multiply that number by an $/RP i am unsure what that dollar amount is. but, you could simply take a blood ruby from the zen market. divide its RP by the amount of zen it cost. then take the amount of zen and figure out how much that cost to buy. and then you will have your $/RP

thanks btw is 8$/50k rp.and its over 1600 usd to get one artifact to mystic.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    ok, then 1 rp is worth .00016 which means it will take $1675.14 to go from zero to hero for one artifact
    yup a price i will NEVER pay
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    but look around. how many mythic artifacts do you see. how many level 40 companions. how many R12s. now, what do you think the cost/RP was for those individuals to do their upgrades. and thats the basis of some of the other threads.

the cost/RP is very extravagant in the Zen market so people look for alternatives. so now the alternative is nerfed and many people look at it as a way to force consumption from the Market. but i believe it will have a different effect.
    yeah i think i can get my artifacts to mystic i do believe its possible with rank 5s dropping like they are and so cheap. BUT ill be lucky if all my arti equipment his epic. ive only got my main hand currently. it takes so much rp to get them there and now that its nerfed idk what ill do. i deff wont pay.
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yes you can pay like 1.600 $ to get a uncommon artifact to an mystic artifact but that doesn't mean you should. Like the same reason you could chop of your right hand doesn't mean you should do it.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thanks btw is 8$/50k rp.and its over 1600 usd to get one artifact to mystic.

Why would anyone buy rp through cryptic.

Anyways, imho, epic artifacts and rank 10's are plenty sufficient.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Why would anyone buy rp through cryptic.

Anyways, imho, epic artifacts and rank 10's are plenty sufficient.

well i pvp a lot. so i am always looking to better my char right now ive got epic artifacts with rank 8s.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    1-billion-dollars.png
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    once the double RP inflation drops again a stack of r5 will be like 40-50k again. thats 106920 RP for 100 zen. compared too 50k for 800 zen.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    and thats the problem. the price only drops that low because of botters. and you are deeming it acceptable, like thats where it should be. so by accepting that a stack should be 40-50k, you are tacitly accepting that botters are an integral part of the market. the idea is we should be happy to pay 50k for 800 zen. THATS where the price point should be (according to cryptic) and anything other than that is unacceptable.

at least thats the argument i'm making.
    yup its not my fault cryptic didnt make it accessible by the average player. so i gotta depend on them im not wasiting over 5k dollars on a game just to be bis its not worth it. but i will spend my time doing it as long as it isnt years and in this case its years.
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    and thats the problem. the price only drops that low because of botters. and you are deeming it acceptable, like thats where it should be. so by accepting that a stack should be 40-50k, you are tacitly accepting that botters are an integral part of the market. the idea is we should be happy to pay 50k for 800 zen. THATS where the price point should be (according to cryptic) and anything other than that is unacceptable.

at least thats the argument i'm making.

Well if the cost was down at that level. Then sure, I'd be happy with it being like that. Although I probably wouldn't have anywhere near as high gear as I do if it was.

This is why part of me wants to buy an xbox one and just migrate over to the better economy. but it is how it is. the Zen/AD exchange backlog IS dropping. so maybe in a bit we might see it go below 500 again. if you want to buy blood rubies to level your gear feel free too. but it's effectively 2-6 times cheaper (depending on what you are buying) to refine via runestones/peridots/rank 5's.

why should people spend $1000's of dollars extra to level their gear just for the principle of it, they're going to buy stacks of peridots / rank 5's / reso stones just like EVERYONE else does.

whats the next step in the anti-botting measures? Adding CAPTCHAS to profession nodes and leadership tasks? Although that'd be very annoying for casual players. it might ACTUALLY make a difference.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    meh..

I wouldnt spend a dime in RP, nor will I ever spend a dime in RP.. so total cost is zero.. I grind them as I go.

and yes.. I do bother with pvp as well, I enjoy it, which is why Ive said for the longest time, allow the top 5%-10% to play each other.. the rest of us normal people, let us play each other. having a ilevel of 3k should be good enough in this game.
  • Options
    vaalixvaalix Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2015
    They wrecked an otherwise pretty decent game with how they run the economy in this game. Time to head back to gw2 I guess..

FTP are never truly free, and in fact can siphon more money off gamers than 15/month ever would have.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    meh..

I wouldnt spend a dime in RP, nor will I ever spend a dime in RP.. so total cost is zero.. I grind them as I go.

and yes.. I do bother with pvp as well, I enjoy it, which is why Ive said for the longest time, allow the top 5%-10% to play each other.. the rest of us normal people, let us play each other. having a ilevel of 3k should be good enough in this game.

...but you got to that IL of 3k because you played in times RP were to be had aplenty. New players? Shafted.

I suppose they'll see the light. Eventually. Hopefully in time.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Actually the cost is less than what the players said in this thread. In the past 2x RP weekend, R4 and R4 sold for about 4 RP per AD. If you add the cost of the Greater Marks, it figured to be 4.5 million AD to max out an artifact. That would be about 10k zen per. It was still quite expensive but not as quite as some people feared.

If you PK a lot and are determined to max out your artifacts. You can also buy the PK Skull artifact for 24k glory each. It will make your actual RP cost quite a bit cheaper. However, for some stupid reason the PVP NPC only sell Artifact of Power for the cheaper 24k glory price. If you want a source artifact of union or stability you need to get the Banners for 40k each but the bigger issue is you also have to complete 7 PVP campaign tasks in the other zones to unlock them. You can also use other artifacts you obtained from other means but if you do get them you better sell them because they sell for more than they are worth as your source artifact.
  • Options
    proxaaproxaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2015
    yup a price i will NEVER pay

There we go again. How many similar threads will you create because you have to moan over and over again how you will NOT spend money on RP ?

1 artifact 1-140: 10kk RP. 5kk RP during 2xRP weekends.

5kk RP = ca. 100 stacks of r5 (didn't count crits, would be less). That's ca. 3kk AD if you buy them BEFORE 2xRP weekends in non-peak hours.

Is 3kk so much? Few lucky drops from dragons and/or T1s and you will have it in one weekend. Or play with AH. Or use leadership alts.

Stop complaining and start playing.
    yup its not my fault cryptic didnt make it accessible by the average player.
    Mythics and legendaries are not for avarage player. What do you think "legend" means? It's ultra rare. It's not avarage. Not everyone will have it. Deal with it.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    proxaa wrote: »
    There we go again. How many similar threads will you create because you have to moan over and over again how you will NOT spend money on RP ?

1 artifact 1-140: 10kk RP. 5kk RP during 2xRP weekends.

5kk RP = ca. 100 stacks of r5 (didn't count crits, would be less). That's ca. 3kk AD if you buy them BEFORE 2xRP weekends in non-peak hours.

Is 3kk so much? Few lucky drops from dragons and/or T1s and you will have it in one weekend. Or play with AH. Or use leadership alts.

Stop complaining and start playing.

Mythics and legendaries are not for avarage player. What do you think "legend" means? It's ultra rare. It's not avarage. Not everyone will have it. Deal with it.

In the end, and at the end, the very very very best gear should drop after doing the absolute most difficult content. It should not be buy-able or sell-able. Upon completion of the most difficult content, as a reward the player should have a choice of Legendary artifact/gear or extremely generous quantities of RP. So Leg gear/artis would reflect that a person has completed this content, and Mythic would reflect that they have mastered it.

In other words leg/mythic would be gated behind the completion of top content. So even if you farmed or botted or bought the rp necessary to upgrade to mythic or leg, you could not do so until you completed the required content.

Then your "not for the average player" point would hold some water. As it is now any average player with the cash can just buy that stuff. Let us not confuse skill or experience or mastery of this game with cash on hand.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    ok, then 1 rp is worth .00016 which means it will take $1675.14 to go from zero to hero for one artifact

And some people have 4 mythics, rank 12s in every slot and all legendary arti equipment....along with a legend companion also decked out with rank 12s......

Thats a lot of money lol.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    And some people have 4 mythics, rank 12s in every slot and all legendary arti equipment....along with a legend companion also decked out with rank 12s......

Thats a lot of money lol.

So much money for such a shaky game. Like spending thousands on tricking out a garbage car that barely runs, spits out stanky black smoke everywhere, and makes an ungodly loud screetching grinding sound when you drive it. But look it got spinning rims and ground fx!

silly people.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    So much money for such a shaky game. Like spending thousands on tricking out a garbage car that barely runs, spits out stanky black smoke everywhere, and makes an ungodly loud screetching grinding sound when you drive it. But look it got spinning rims and ground fx!

silly people.

xDDD

I don't understand that though. it's a lot of money for a maxed char, even more than I thought. If I had that kind of money to throw around then I wouldn't be spending it on a game :D
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    xDDD

I don't understand that though. it's a lot of money for a maxed char, even more than I thought. If I had that kind of money to throw around then I wouldn't be spending it on a game :D

It is so much money lol. Even if this game ran perfectly, it is still a game. I won't judge people for what they spend their money on but my god, I would never do it myself. I mean, even top of the line hookers, medical grade pot and a killer weekend in Amsterdam seems a bit more understandable than a cartoon character. To each their own XD
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Actually what other people have in an online game doesn't bother me. I don't care if they are really millionaires who spend a lot of money to buy what they have or just "enthusiasts" who get everything gifted to them by the developers or they are actually employees of the game developers in wizard mode.

As long as they make content enjoyable for players who are none of the above then it is all good. That said, I think mythic artifacts are the least problematic gear in this game since there are many ways you can obtain reasonable amount of enchantments and runestones. Unline the artifact gear RP, you can get them through playing, for quite a while though.
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited May 2015

silly people.

Hey man. Don't dis my ride :)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    What would you spend it on, house, car, vacations, wife, kids. what if you have all that and extra cash just laying around. why not spend it on a game. if your retirement is fully funded, and you have no debt, then this game is just as good a money sink as anything else. and cheaper than a bunch of girlfriends. and much less expensive than my wife

lol if i had all that i think id be spending it on my kids or something. because i grew up extremely poor and i want better for my kids. if i am able to get my kids to be spoiled rotten then hell ive done a hell of a job.of course thatll never happen but you get the point.
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited May 2015

$1675 USD.... Wow

I won't do that