Options

How to make good Tank Paladin

2»

Comments

• Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nevistus wrote: »
    Just hit 70 last night so I can't tell you about instances, but I've soloed everything including the 5-man HEs and solo instances all the way through spinward without dying using this super sekrit combo, so I'll let you guys in on it. You wanna go Justice tree, even without the capstone working you'll still be untouchable with endless winning. The only mandatory feat is echoes of light. Get this and never worry ever again. Use shielding for solo mobs only, spam radiant strike on two or more. Reason is there's a neat little interaction with your aoe at will and echoes, I'll let you figure it out. Encounters I use are templar's for infinite temp hp, smite as a reserve skill to proc echoes, and relentless because AP gain. With relentless, think mod 1 shield popping, if you catch my drift. Slot your one shot nuke and divine protection for dailies. Spam at wills, pop templars for free hp, relentless for free AP, keep DP up almost 100% of the time because endless AP gain, win at neverwinter.
    I haven't hit 70 yet but I've also come to know and love the endless encounter spam of the Justice path. With nothing but levelling gear I cruised through the L70 content I've tried (a couple of ToD lairs) at L63 due to everlasting temp HP. The movement speed buff is surprisingly useful as well.

I'm using a slightly different loadout to you but with much the same playstyle.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    obitwizzleobitwizzle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hawkeyel wrote: »
    Forgive me if I am wrong.But from what all I have read they seem to want you to team with a GF so that you both can be a front line team. I don't see either being effective very much without the other. And even then you best have a good healer to your back.Toss in a couple of DPS peeps and call it a group.

For a 5 man dungeon you should only need 1 tank. Period. 1 tank, 1 healer, 3 dps. That's pretty much standard.
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited May 2015
    Readjusted some feats and noticed that Light's Shield does not show up as extra damage resistance on the character screen. Wonder if it still works.
  • Options
    tygrik22tygrik22 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Dear Paladins, do you know some trick to faster AP gain? I know that recovery, companions and some artifact help it. But I mean, some feats or auras or something other? Thx
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Feats
    Divine Action: This works in combat.
    The problem with it is that you need to gain Divine Call faster, which is an issue for Protectors.

Impassioned Pleas and Head Unbowed both recharge Divine Call faster. I haven't tested Impassioned at 3/3 yet, its on the to do list, and I haven't put a point in Head Unbowed ever, so I cannot be sure these are worth their points. Keep in mind our Divine Call regain is horribly slow, and given that it is our taunt there are issues with that.

Powers:
    Relentless Avenger, Divine Touch and Smite all seem to produce reasonable to good AP gain. (Templar's does as well but you are running it regardless.)

Aura of Wisdom - with it 4/4 I'm sitting on 48.8% Recharge speed. (I've dropped Circle of Power over Circle of Power...) Faster recharge means your encounters roll around more often and thus produce more AP.

Companions.
    There are 3 "sprites" that produce AP as their active bonus. The 2 green ones make 1% while the Blue one you have to buy with Zen makes 2%. (I've got the 2 greens.)

Artifacts
    DC Sigil, at Orange it takes 15s to refill your AP. Which means if you trigger it immediately after firing off Divine Protector (4/4) then DP will be ready again before it runs out.

Party Members
    DC with the Gift of Haste feat.
    Devotion OP with Aura of Wisdom (because another 20 or 25% Recharge makes life very amusing).
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    fkkmfkkm Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Artifacts
    DC Sigil, at Orange it takes 15s to refill your AP. Which means if you trigger it immediately after firing off Divine Protector (4/4) then DP will be ready again before it runs out.

You should never be popping the artifact right after using divine protector, that is a big waste of AP. Instead you want to be using it at around 5-7s remaining on your current divine protector assuming you're not on track to have full AP by the time DP is done. This way your next two DP's will be immediately available.

There's also two types of greater corrupt enchants; sunlord's gift elixir; if you're running wisdom, you probably want the offhand's artifact power related to that; one of the AP artifact necks; and if you're desperate/sure you're not going to die lathander's dew.