test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Aura of Wrath + Temp HP combo

zaarakizaaraki Member Posts: 13
edited May 2015 in The Citadel
Aura of wrath increase whole party dmg by a lot if my hp is low. Does the game counts me as low health if i have a lot of Temp Hp active?

For example if i have 100k hp and get like 90k temp hp that means the game calculates me as i am at 10% life? Or it doesnt work that way? Thx for answers rly curious about this.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't think it works that way since I don't think Temp HP is counted as hit points more than a force field or other resource, that they oddly made fill in a bar. So I would have to say no, but someone else might have a better idea.
  • caladon2caladon2 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Aura of Wrath only works with your actual hit points, so for best use if you can manage to keep your true hp at 50% and use templars or cleansing to keep temp hp high, your allies will get a very nice damage boost.
  • zaarakizaaraki Member Posts: 13
    edited May 2015
    Well if i am in a dungeon there is no way healer will keep me at 50% hp even if my temp hp is rly high. This means that this aura is pretty much usless in every group scenario, pity.

Thx for your answers.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    caladon2 wrote: »
    Aura of Wrath only works with your actual hit points, so for best use if you can manage to keep your true hp at 50% and use templars or cleansing to keep temp hp high, your allies will get a very nice damage boost.
    zaaraki wrote: »
    Well if i am in a dungeon there is no way healer will keep me at 50% hp even if my temp hp is rly high. This means that this aura is pretty much usless in every group scenario, pity.

Thx for your answers.

I have to agree with both of these. This Aura is based on an oxymoron: the lower your HP the higher the benefit. This is an welcomed cost as HP is a Paladin's bread-and-butter; so many of the Paladin's tools rely on quantity of HP, regardless of which paragon tree you choose. The DC and a couple other classes have feats or abilities similar to this and I always never use them (I have multiples of each class so I've seen them).

The Galeb Duhr has an active bonus similar to this as well, which is why I never slot him (it's useless in my mind) - but as a summoned companion it's awesome for ranged squishy classes.

PROTIP: Anything that benefits more based on the lack of something else is bad news.